• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5a south

Started by Coachbanks12, November 13, 2015, 06:38:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coachbanks12

Predictions for 5a south boys and girls.
How many returning starters? Rebuilding teams?
Any good sophomore and juniors?

scoutteamshoota

November 15, 2015, 01:05:42 pm #1 Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 04:15:01 pm by scoutteamshoota
Boys....

Hot Springs
Watson Chapel
Lakeside
Magnolia
Camden
Hope
White Hall
Dequeen

Coachbanks12

Is there anyone who know how the 5a south looks boys and girls? Any good sophomore players out there? I already know who will win conference lol

Lionheart88

White Hall's guys lost most of their starters.  Some of those seniors had been starting for three years, too.  Could be rough, but they do have some decent talent among their younger players.

Their girls, on the other hand, should be improved from last year.  That team was sophomore-laden and injury-ridden.  They gained a lot of much-needed experience which should come in handy this year.  If they can stay healthy.

Marblehog

Probably the same ones that predicted DeQueen last in football.  I like it

Marblehog

Overall I think the conference is gonna be down bigtime besides Hot Springs

FootballTime44

Hope could compete for the 4 seed this year. They got some players that moved in this year that can Ball.

Marblehog

Quote from: FootballTime44 on December 03, 2015, 11:01:11 am
Hope could compete for the 4 seed this year. They got some players that moved in this year that can Ball.
how convenient

FootballTime44

Hope recently finished 3rd in the Paris Holiday Invitational. They finished 5-1 with their loss coming to Hot Springs 63-55. Hope was also missing one of their best players due to a broken hand. They could finish right behind HS in the south

Marblehog

Must have had some good transfers

FootballTime44

Quote from: Marblehog on January 01, 2016, 11:26:31 am
Must have had some good transfers
they actually have two players who used to go to Hope but moved and came back this year and one player who didn't play last year who is playing. They lost their best player from last year #5 Smith, but they're a good team. #3 Ricks has been there most consistent player

kingoftherapids

Quote from: scoutteamshoota on November 15, 2015, 01:05:42 pm
Boys....

Hot Springs
Watson Chapel
Lakeside
Magnolia
Camden
Hope
White Hall
Dequeen

If this is your order it is completely out of whack. Lakeside is not very good whatsoever. Losses to centerpoint and fountain lake already.... Not one player on Lakeside's team would see the floor in a varsity game for Hot Springs.

Cardinalboi07

Just curious and wanting to know... Is Watson Chapel pretty decent? I saw that they beat Pine Bluff and Pine Bluff is pretty good in my opinion. Any one know more about them?

zebradynasty

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on January 05, 2016, 10:04:30 am
Just curious and wanting to know... Is Watson Chapel pretty decent? I saw that they beat Pine Bluff and Pine Bluff is pretty good in my opinion. Any one know more about them?

I would not use that game as a gauge. WC did win but we played horrible some of that was WC but most was us. They are decent but not in the hunt for the 5A title. However, most said that about PB last year and well...

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: zebradynasty on January 05, 2016, 12:54:56 pm
Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on January 05, 2016, 10:04:30 am

I would not use that game as a gauge. WC did win but we played horrible some of that was WC but most was us. They are decent but not in the hunt for the 5A title. However, most said that about PB last year and well...
Thanks for clarifying. The way the Zebras looked against us was down right scary. We could barely get the ball beyond half court and that #3 you guys got is a beast. I figuered the WC game was a just an early season/rivalry upset. had me nervous lol

Central Ark

White hall and Hope will compete for the 3 seed.

scoutteamshoota

Quote from: kingoftherapids on January 04, 2016, 12:51:52 am
Boys....

Hot Springs
Watson Chapel
Lakeside
Magnolia
Camden
Hope
White Hall
Dequeen

If this is your order it is completely out of whack. Lakeside is not very good whatsoever. Losses to centerpoint and fountain lake already.... Not one player on Lakeside's team would see the floor in a varsity game for Hot Springs.
I surely missed the boat on that one LOL.   They are awful.   I was just going on the reputation of their coach.  He usually gets them to outplay their abilities.  I would guess now I would say HS WC Hope Magnolia then the rest of the bunch.   I think HS takes the one easily with WC separating for 2nd.  That battle for the 3 and 4 spot will be a good one. 

sportsguy80

Quote from: scoutteamshoota on January 11, 2016, 02:24:01 pm

Boys....

Hot Springs
Watson Chapel
Lakeside
Magnolia
Camden
Hope
White Hall
Dequeen

I surely missed the boat on that one LOL.   They are awful.   I was just going on the reputation of their coach.  He usually gets them to outplay their abilities.  I would guess now I would say HS WC Hope Magnolia then the rest of the bunch.   I think HS takes the one easily with WC separating for 2nd.  That battle for the 3 and 4 spot will be a good one.
Hope might have something to say about that 2nd spot too...

Marblehog

Quote from: scoutteamshoota on January 11, 2016, 02:24:01 pm

Boys....

Hot Springs
Watson Chapel
Lakeside
Magnolia
Camden
Hope
White Hall
Dequeen

Not true.  The big boy would

dreburton3

Don't Sleep on Magnolia. The boys are 8-2 and the Girls are 7-3. The Lady Panthers knocked off Hot Springs last week and are 2-0 in conference. #23 Lillie Moore scored 32 in yesterday's game

Danold Dump

I heard Hot Springs is pretty legit.  Im going to have to catch a game....hopefully I can watch them dump on somebody..dump out

dreburton3

They play White Hall tomorrow. They beat Hope 77-49 Tuesday

dreburton3

Boys:                         Girls:
Hot Springs                Watson Chapel
Watson Chapel            Magnolia
Magnolia                     Hot Springs
Hope                          Lakeside
Camden                      DeQueen
Lakeside                     Hope
White Hall                   Camden
DeQueen                    White Hall