• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Girls Updated Rankings

Started by underdog678, January 01, 2018, 07:31:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

underdog678

Maxpreps 2A Rankings for girls as of 1/1/18
1. Quitman 17-2
2. Pangburn 21-1
3. Poyen 12-2
4. Earle 13-3
5. Salem 9-2
6. Marmaduke 15-5
7. Spring Hill 10-2
8. Conway Christian 7-2
9. Hackett 13-1
10. Carlisle 11-3

Bildo

BigLion10

January 02, 2018, 12:52:33 pm #2 Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 01:53:32 pm by BigLion10
I don't ever pay attention to MP rankings lol, ADG usually have the accurate ones

Bildo

Oh I know... Makes for good conversation though.

BigBob

Carlisle is a top 5 team. ADG Draws some of their info from MP.

Bildo

Nothing like driving all the way to Marvell last night only to find out that the games had been cancelled... frozen/busted water pipes. No warning...No phone call saying "Hey, we are not going to be able to host tonight, can we come your way?"... Nothing. Bus full of kids and had to turn around and head back home. Class act they are. Always something going to that armpit of a place to take our kids to...

BigLion10

Quote from: Bildo on January 03, 2018, 08:12:34 am
Nothing like driving all the way to Marvell last night only to find out that the games had been cancelled... frozen/busted water pipes. No warning...No phone call saying "Hey, we are not going to be able to host tonight, can we come your way?"... Nothing. Bus full of kids and had to turn around and head back home. Class act they are. Always something going to that armpit of a place to take our kids to...
Sounds just like Marvell, only worried about themselves. That place is a joke no doubt

Bildo

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 03, 2018, 02:26:09 pm
Sounds just like Marvell, only worried about themselves. That place is a joke no doubt
Guess we will see y'all Friday. I hope we avoid the flu that's going around. We have a few under the weather.

BigLion10

Quote from: Bildo on January 03, 2018, 03:24:47 pm
Guess we will see y'all Friday. I hope we avoid the flu that's going around. We have a few under the weather.
Wish I didn't have to work late Friday night, was hoping to get to come over to Bison Arena

Bildo

I think it will be a good one for the girls. Hoping not to have a let down after a good tournament

birddawg1986

Girls Top 7:

1. Quitman
2. Earle
3. Pangburn
4. Spring Hill
5. Marmaduke
6. Hackett
7. Hector

Bildo

Based on records, I don't have a problem with the rankings. Everyone can make an argument as to why a team should be ranked higher or lower. There are few competitive conferences in 2A , I believe. That is gonna skew a lot of records.

Is there a conference that has 3-4 legit teams in 2A?

birddawg1986

2A 4 East.....Seems this will be a dog fight at district tournament.

Pangburn
Hector
Quitman
Conway Christian

Bildo

January 04, 2018, 01:43:13 pm #13 Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 01:59:36 pm by Bildo
Not sure I would put Conway Christian in that mix... They were manhandled by Quitman. Also, Hector is 3-3 against teams with a winning record and only have 1 more game against a team with a winning record. Assuming they win the 1 more they have until district, (Which makes the 4-3 against teams with a winning record) doesn't put them in the elite group IMO. I know they have made the finals last two years but they have been fortunate to be on the easy side of the bracket. Don't get me wrong, it takes some luck too.

birddawg1986

Aw still can compete with other districts in regional as a 4 seed.

2 Marmaduke, Salem
3 Carlisle, Earle
4W Hackett, Eureka Spring, Lavaca. Westside Johnson
4E Pangburn, Hector, Quitman, Conway Christian
7W Poyen, Blevins
7E Spring Hill, Harmony Grove Camden

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bildo on January 04, 2018, 01:43:13 pm
Not sure I would put Conway Christian in that mix... They were manhandled by Quitman. Also, Hector is 3-3 against teams with a winning record and only have 1 more game against a team with a winning record. Assuming they win the 1 more they have until district, (Which makes the 4-3 against teams with a winning record) doesn't put them in the elite group IMO. I know they have made the finals last two years but they have been fortunate to be on the easy side of the bracket. Don't get me wrong, it takes some luck too.

Good draws no doubt....but we got the hardware ;)

Anyway....watched Hector a couple times, they've got 3 solid post players....but I think both the gaurds are sophomores and didn't handle a press defense very well at all when they played Bergman.

birddawg1986

January 11, 2018, 07:53:08 am #16 Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:01:49 am by birddawg1986
Girls Top 7:

1. Quitman
2. Earle
3. Spring Hill
4. Hackett
5. Salem
6. Pangburn
7. Hector

Greyhound#1

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 11, 2018, 07:53:08 am
Girls Top 7:

1. Quitman
2. Earle
3. Spring Hill
4. Hackett
5. Salem
6. Hector
7. Poyen
7. C Harmony Grove
7. Lavaca

lol,  any top 7 without pangburn being listed is just crazy talk.  I assuming you just forgot to put them in

baller334

Nobody in 2A is coming close to Earle!! I agree tho Pangburn should b in there. 

birddawg1986

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on January 11, 2018, 09:48:19 am
lol,  any top 7 without pangburn being listed is just crazy talk.  I assuming you just forgot to put them in
Your are right I left them off by mistake.

Bildo

Quote from: baller334 on January 11, 2018, 10:28:58 am
Nobody in 2A is coming close to Earle!! I agree tho Pangburn should b in there.
You gotta de-throne Quitman before you say nobody is gonna come close to Earle.

BigBob

Pangburn has beat 2 teams with a winning record.. that's the saddest schedule I have ever seen. Sad.

Bildo

That was my point on another thread when referencing records. There is no middle road on 2A. You're either good or bad. Pangburn May be legit, but like many, they play a week schedule which will kill them come post season

ak58

That's what I'm worried about with my Spring Hill ladies. There's no doubt they are a good team, we just don't have many good teams to play down here. Coach Whatley went to several camps in Shreveport, LA to help us get better competition.

BigBob

They've played a few solid teams. Blevins, Murfreesboro, Prescott, Genoa, Harmony Grove in a few weeks. That Atlanta team was talented. The other teams in the east are way down though. Looks like Caddo Hills and poyen will be tough too, we won't run into them until regionals.

Nothing bad about pangburn itself, but playing teams that can only score a total of 4 points is really sad. No wonder they already have 20+ wins.

It's really slow in the office today so I may look at the overall records of the opponents the top 10 teams have played. Will be interesting to see

Bildo

BigBob

Earles opponents combinded records as of today are:
98-128
Quitmans opponents combined records: 223-174. (They deserve to be #1)
Had an extended lunch 😬 Sorry. Will get the other 8 soon

Mr. Trill

HOW has Ro (EARle) and the star player of Quitman last year been doing? Is the star player still there?

Mj4465

The tall post from Quitman graduated last year...

spursfan

January 12, 2018, 10:21:36 pm #29 Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:58:13 pm by spursfan
Quote from: BigBob on January 12, 2018, 08:23:16 am
Pangburn has beat 2 teams with a winning record.. that's the saddest schedule I have ever seen. Sad.

Bildo

I think a better indication is not a combined record of opponents as it is a record against teams with winning records. If you play 3-4 terrible teams, that really skews it.

Greyhound#1

I can promise Salem is legit.  They beat Mammoth springs last night which is a top 5 1A team.

Bildo

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on January 13, 2018, 01:39:19 pm
I can promise Salem is legit.  They beat Mammoth springs last night which is a top 5 1A team.
So they weren't "legit" when they lost to Mammoth Springs last month?

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Bildo on January 13, 2018, 02:34:16 pm
So they weren't "legit" when they lost to Mammoth Springs last month?

Well mammoth had already played how many games?  Almost 20 I believe.  That was like salem 1st week of basketball

Bildo

Just giving you a hard time lol. After that win and beating Pangburn and Marmaduke... I agree.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: BigBob on January 12, 2018, 02:42:13 pm
Earles opponents combinded records as of today are:
98-128
Quitmans opponents combined records: 223-174. (They deserve to be #1)
Had an extended lunch 😬 Sorry. Will get the other 8 soon

Salem opponents are 200-175

birddawg1986

January 13, 2018, 03:42:36 pm #36 Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 03:49:44 pm by birddawg1986
Doesn't matter about rankings or strength of schedules. I'm sure these are ALL top 8 schools and it will play out in the end. I the conference Earle plays blended is HORRIBLE... but I'm sure the same can be same about a couple more in 2A

Bildo

ADG Super Six 1/14/17
1) Quitman
2) Earle
3) Salem
4) Pangburn
5) Carlisle
6) Camden Harmony Grove

BigBob

Salem is playing some ball right now for sure.

Bildo

Salem plays Norfork this week... that will be a true measuring stick.

underdog678

Norfork's a really tough team, personally, I think they will win 1A state. Could be a good game for Salem though.

Bildo

I agree... no offense to Salem but I will be surprised if they can even keep it close. Norfork is that good

Ctucker

So would you be surprised if any 2a girls teams could stay close to Norfolk!

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Bildo on January 14, 2018, 01:38:28 pm
Salem plays Norfork this week... that will be a true measuring stick.

Norfolk would dominate any 2a right now.  So I wouldn't use that as a measuring stick.

Bildo

Not so sure about "dominate".

Greyhound#1

Bildo

Yes... and my daughter played AAU ball with their best player.

Bildo

Quote from: Ctucker on January 14, 2018, 03:54:21 pm
So would you be surprised if any 2a girls teams could stay close to Norfolk!
No. I think there are 2A teams that could play with and even beat Norfork.

Ctucker

So why did you say no disrespect to Salem! Apparently you don't think Salem can!

Bildo

If they can then we will see this week. In my opinion. (for what it is worth) I think it is Quitman and Earle,  then everyone else. Both have a proven track record over the past couple of years of winning big games... that's it. That's not a knock against Salem, it's just my thoughts. If Salem can pull off the win, it'll be a great win for their program.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas