• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5AAA softball

Started by Bearver07, February 22, 2007, 01:12:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearver07

Who ready to play softball? ;D

True Fan

Alright teams, lets get this going.

The Magnet Cove Lady Panthers have been hard at work preparing for the upcoming season. 5AA Coach of the Year Ronnie Efird is trying to improve a squad that completely turned the program around last year. They won the Bauxite Invitational Tournament. They went from a 3 win season to runner up in the conference behind perennial powerhouse BHG. The Lady Panthers season was halted at regionals by the defending state champion Arkansas Baptist. The team was young and unproven last year. It was the first year of fastpitch for the coaches. The expectations are high as there was only one senior on last years team. The only negative that I can report is the loss of the senior catcher. She suffered a torn ACL during basketball and is still in rehab. She is an incredible leader on the field and her presence will be missed. I fully expect some of the underclassmen to step up and fill the void. The first game is scheduled this Friday at Bismarck. They have just ended basketball and hopefully will not be at their best when we meet. They are not in our conference, but will be a very good team this year.

FPMomof8

Gosh, I had heard about your catcher, I hate to hear that, she is an excellent ball player!  Any chance she will be back by summer ball?

True Fan

Her doctor told her 9 months before she would be released. That will put it in September. She does have a visit scheduled Tuesday to a DII college who may be interested. Keep your fingers crossed.

FPMomof8

Will do so.  We play MC in April.  It will be nice to play you all towards the end of the season instead of the first two games!  ;D  Hopefully our young team (Bauxite) will have it together by then.  We have only had full practice for about 10 days because of the darn basketball.  >:(  (Can you tell my DD is not a basketballer? hahaha).

Regardless, hope to hear good news from MC about your girl.  Tell her we won't miss her hitting ONE bit!  ;)

sportsmom63

March 01, 2007, 04:03:17 pm #5 Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 01:35:21 pm by fpsports
Benton Harmony Grove Ladies are getting ready for the fast approach of this softball year.  The let down for the BHG Ladies is the loss of #30 - Chasity with an ACL tear back in the basketball game playing Glen Rose in December.  But she will be back in full force in September ready to play basketball and softball her senior year. Our pitcher is out for about a month due to dislocating her shoulder.  Heal fast Brooke and do all you have to do to get back pitching!!!!  Good Luck to all the teams this year and a safe year to all ladies.  LETS PLAY SOME BALL!!!!!   :D

fastpitch13

Glen Rose Lady Beavers are hard at work to become a great team this year. With only 2 more practices left until our first game we are getting very pump up. We have great pitchers this year and  not having our pitching last year hurt us the a lot. We lots our catcher when she graduated last year but gained lot of better athletes.  Sorry to MC about your catcher hopefully she will get better, and to BHG on your pitcher.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A SAFE AND GOOD YEAR PLAYING!!

LET ALL GET OUT THERE AND PLAY BALL!!

CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY EVERYONE!!! ;D

True Fan

Magnet Cove 12
Bismarck 6

Great job Lady Panthers!!!!!!!  PPRD (1-0)

sportsmom63

Benton Harmony Grove Ladies - 2nd place in Louisana tournament over the weekend.  Good Job Ladies!!!!!!

cpsmom

WOW-It would appear that some Arkansas teams would be doing well outside the parameters of "way behind" land!!! GREAT JOB!!! ;D

mack

Quote from: cpsmom on March 05, 2007, 01:33:26 pm
WOW-It would appear that some Arkansas teams would be doing well outside the parameters of "way behind" land!!! GREAT JOB!!! ;D

You know Moms, I don't really disagree that we are behind other states[for all the reasons discussed].  It's more the tone of the posters that irritates me.  You would think from some of those posts that we could never hit a rise ball, have a quality pitcher or compete against other states.  What riles me more, is that these naysayers all profess to love the game, but how many are taking their expertise to field and teach a team of Arkansas Girls?  None, I think.

Congrats Benton Harmony Grove!!!!!!!  NLR!!!!!!!! Bryant!!!!!!!!!, and all you others out there working to get better.  Veni, Vedi, Vici!

cpsmom

Yeah I know But wow are these female athletes catching up! It hasn't been that long ago that we didn't have fastpitch.(NEA was the last I think)
Our biggest drawback IMO is that we can't play very many months out of the year.
KEEP KICKING THAT BOOTY GIRLS!

FPMomof8

Congrats Benton HG!

Score from 3/5
Bauxite 6
Carlisle 1

Pitcher Ali Sanders with 14 KO's and 3 BBs, a no hitter until giving up one in the 4th.
Great defense by the Lady Miners with just one defensive error in the game.
Catcher Kelsey Guetzlaff had a triple and a double going 2-4, Pitcher Ali and SS Jamie Boshears went 3-4 at the plate.

JV won 4-0 as well with Jamie Boshears pitching.

Thanks to the Carlisle Lady Bisons for a great game with excellent sportsmanship.  They are still playing basketball, but should get going soon and be a team to watch.

Great job Lady Miners ;D

homeless

Atkins Lady Red Devils played the Clarksville Lady Panthers Tuesday (3-6) and was beaten 3-2. Chelsea Riley pitched a one hitter.  The lady devils had a costly 5th inning.  They had 3 errors witch led to all 3 panther runs.

Up next (3-8) Thursday @ LR Christian.

True Fan

Magnet Cove Lady Panthers move to 2-0 with a 9-2 victory at Poyen yesterday. Good job ladies.

fastpitch13

;D Lady Beavers (1-0) against Fountain Lake yesterday 12-0 in the 5th inning. Next up is Perryville at Home Monday 4:30.

True Fan

Good job 13. We have Ft Lake on the 13th. They were really bad last year. Please tell me they have gotten better. We have Mt Pine tommorrow and they were pretty bad last year also. I have't heard anything about Perryville. Let us know. Good luck Lady Beavers. (until April 9th.)  ;D

FPMomof8

Bauxite at home against Perryville 3/8 and Ouachita 3/9.
Will post scores after the game.

Congrats to Bauxite Lady Miner Lauralee Edwards who signed with Independence Comm. College, Independence, KS today!

True Fan

Magnet Cove Lady Panthers win their 3rd straight game in a 15-0 run rule over Mt Pine.

FPMomof8

Bauxite Lady Miners are now 3-0 picking up their first conference win in OT against the Perryville Mustangs.  Final score 2-1.  Excellent pitching on both sides.  It is my understanding that the Perryville pitcher Megan Robinson (?) was only a freshman.  She is certainly someone to watch  ;)

A fun, exciting game tonight.

Bauxite plays Ouachita tonight at home in a non-conference game.

fastpitch13

Congratulation to Bauxite for winning against Perryville. Keep it up and can't wait to play you guys. See you on the softball field march 19. :)

gamebreaker

Quote from: FPMomof8 on March 09, 2007, 06:07:47 am
Bauxite Lady Miners are now 3-0 picking up their first conference win in OT against the Perryville Mustangs.  Final score 2-1.  Excellent pitching on both sides.  It is my understanding that the Perryville pitcher Megan Robinson (?) was only a freshman.  She is certainly someone to watch  ;)

A fun, exciting game tonight.

Bauxite plays Ouachita tonight at home in a non-conference game.
Well actually you see, there is no overtime (OT) in softball. It is actually referred to as "extra innings." And yes, Megan Robinson is only a freshman. Emily Boyles, the pitcher in the JV game, has equal talent and is only a sophmore.

True Fan

Cut her a little break. That basketball stuff gets hard to get out of your head.  ;D

FPMomof8

March 10, 2007, 07:11:06 am #23 Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 09:13:21 am by FPMomof8
Thanks for the correction, heck I'm just a mom with a computer ::) 

We didn't go into EXTRA INNINGS last night... ;)
Bauxite 9
Ouachita 2

And gamebreaker, wow, to have another good pitcher only a sophmore!  You guys are lucky!  Our pitcher is a jr, but we have a couple of freshman that are working hard. Good luck the rest of the season.

Hey fastpitch 13, looking forward to playing you gals as well! 

True Fan

Magnet Cove Lady Panthers are 4-0 after a 10-0 win over Mt Ida in 5. Slow getting the bats going, but defense is looking strong.   

FPMomof8

Bauxite Lady Miners with first loss of the season to Benton Harmony Grove
BHG 3
Bauxite 1

Congrats to BHG for a good game-Bauxite just couldn't get the bats going, but defensively did a great job.

BHG was a fun team to play, it was good to see so many of the girls that are familiar faces in the summer!  Congrats to Brooke, great job pitching coming off of any injury!  (Gosh I hope I got your name right   ;))

The officiating?  well...let's just say it had it's moments  ::)

Lady Miners on the road to Pottsville on Thursday for another conference game. Now 1-1 in conference.  4-1 overall.

True Fan

March 13, 2007, 08:12:20 pm #26 Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 12:02:50 pm by True Fan
MC Lady Panthers 5-0

Beat Ft Lake. 9-7. Play Cutter Morning Star tomorrow (Wednesday) before the first real test of the season Friday at Atkins. Has anyone played Atkins yet? They were impressive last year and I don't expect anything less this year.

ilovelakeouachita

Good Job Lady Mustangs at the Bigelow Tournament

True Fan

Magnet Cove is preparing for Atkins. CMS wouldn't play. They tried to cancel the game but we didn't want to. When the rain started yesterday, they called again and the game was "postponed" because of the weather. I doubt we make it up. If they didn't want to play, why would they have scheduled the game in the first place?

Good luck Lady Panthers Friday at Atkins.

FPMomof8

Bauxite 4
Pottsville 3
Season 5-1
Conf 2-1

Lady Miners warming their bats up.  Good pitching on both sides.  The Pottsville pitcher has a wicked spin on her ball that can be tough to hit at times, lots of pop flies.  :P  They play a pretty aggressive short game too.  All the girls from Pottsville and their fans were gracious and fun.  Good luck to them the rest of the season.

On to Glen Rose on Monday.

Congrats Lady Miners!

True Fan

MC 0
Atkins 7

Errors caught up with the Lady Panthers Friday. While neither team put up a lot of hits, the Lady Red Devils put up the runs. The young Lady Panthers will learn from the game and move ahead. They are out for spring break this coming week. One of the few schools in the state. But, they will have conference games at Perryville and at home for Mayflower.

True Fan

MC 0
Perryville 10

For the first time in recent memory, Magnet Cove loses two straight games. The Lady Panthers made a long trip to get run ruled in 6 innings. The scouting report said Perryville was strong in pitching and defense, but their batting wasn't an issue. The ladies proved that wrong. A lot of hits doomed the Panthers. The lose of their senior catcher continues to leave this young team looking for leadership. There is still time, but some of these young ladies are going to have to step up and make things happen if they are to become the great team that is hidden somewhere inside.
Keep your heads up Lady Panthers. PPRD

FPMomof8

March 20, 2007, 06:29:08 am #32 Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 08:59:34 am by FPMomof8
Bauxite Lady Miners 8
Glen Rose 6

In EXTRA INNINGS (see Gamebreaker I learned! ;))

Both teams had some pitching issues (4 Bauxite players hit with wild pitches!), but bats were working on both sides.
Freshman Brittany Stevens came through as DH with some crucial hits to put the Lady Miners over the top.

Bauxite catcher Kelsey Guetzlaff must have set the foul tip record with 8 FT's at one at bat and was eventually walked.  :o 

Lady Miners now 3-1 in conf play 8-2 overall.
Competed in the Woodlawn tournament this last weekend where they won the consolation bracket.
Beat Woodlawn JV 17-0, Fordyce rallied and won the next round 10-9 and then the Lady Miners regrouped and Freshman pitcher Jamie Boshears got the final win against a very loud bunch of coaches with Drew Central! ;)  It was fun tournament for the girls, great weather and alot of Lady Miner fans in attendance.
First away from home tournament EVER for the Lady Miners, (except for District/State last year of course).  Second year Coach Wes Mode is making these girls into a ball team!

Congrats Lady Miners!

Non conf action tonight against Lonoke at home.

RossPerot

March 20, 2007, 07:10:44 pm #33 Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 12:22:05 pm by RossPerotâ„¢
Atkins run ruled Pottsville today.  Something like 16-6.

FPMomof8

A tired group of Lady Miners were defeated 3-20-07 by Lonoke 5-3.  :(

Excellent pitching by a Lonoke (freshman I believe), who could throw some heat.  Lady Miners were able to hit the ball, but not advance the runners at crucial times.

Freshman Jamie Boshears pitched for the Lady Miners and was backed up by excellent defense.

Lady Miners now with a long rest until a heavy post-spring break schedule facing Conway St. Joe and Atkins.

ilovelakeouachita

March 21, 2007, 02:01:20 pm #35 Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 09:54:02 am by ilovelakeouachita
Way to go Lady Mustangs
10-0 Over Magnet Cove
You Girls are Awesome ;D

I wish that I had a schedule for Perryville, I checked the school website and there was Nothing--Perryville needs a Web Class.

homeless

Atkins defeats Benton Harmony Grove 3 to 1!  Lady devils are now 4-0 in conference. They have perryville, glen rose, bauxite and conway st. joseph left.

True Fan

Mayflower 4
Magnet Cove 14

Run ruled in 5. Ugly game. Mayflower has a strong defense, but pitching doomed them. They were up 4-3 in the top of the 5th. The Lady Panthers rolled up 11 runs in the bottom to take the win.

fastpitch13

congrates to all you teams out there hope everyone has a good spring break n will be ready to play next week!!

LION FAN

Who is leading in conference and what is everyones conference record?

FPMomof8

Conf 3-1  Overall 8-3
Bauxite Lady Miners
Beat by Benton Harmony Grove in Conf play

GreatestShowOnDirt

Greenwood Lady Bulldogs are 12-8 overall and 2-1 in the 5A West with most of their games being against the 7A west so far.  They play @ van Buren on Monday night and 2 varsity games @ Little Rock Christian on Tuesday night.

FPMomof8

lady Miners play Conway St. Joe today at home, Lonoke on Tuesday (away), Atkins on Thurs.(home)

Should be an exciting week!

FPMomof8

Bauxite Lady Miners with a big win against Conway St. Joe
Bauxite 4
Conway St. Joe 2

Great defensive effort and bats are working for the Lady Miners.
Conway St. Joe softball is a class act, excellent coaching, positive attitudes and smiling faces all around.  This was the first time the two teams have faced each other and it was a fun game. (at least for us spectators!  ;))

Non-conf game against Lonoke tonight, then face Atkins for another conf game on Thurs.
Conf 4-1
Season 9-3

Great job Lady Miners!

True Fan

Pottsville 1
Magnet Cove 3

Lady Panthers are 2-2 in conference after win at home yesterday. They host BHG Wednesday.

homeless

Atkins 10 Glen Rose 2

Started out a little shaky, after an hour wait on the umps, but the lady red devils cranked out 9 runs in the 4th to pull away.  This thursday will be a big game for the lady devils.  They head to bauxite where the conference title could be on the line!!!

Atkins 5-0 in conference

Does anyone know Perryville's conference record?

homeless

Does anybody have any info on the teams from 3a-2 that we will play in our region?  Harding Academy
Barton
Rose Bud
Riverview
??????

FPMomof8

Bauxite girls rested too much last night and got a big wuppin' from Lonoke. 6-1
Lonoke has a pretty darn good freshman pitcher and didn't make many fielding mistakes.  Bauxite girls hit well, should have done MUCH better but errored themselves to death.

Let's just say after today's practice they are READY for Atkins.  Coach Mode had a little coach-to-girl talkin' today  :o and they are fired up and ready to go.  I was pleasantly surprised when I went by practice today and saw that the girls had shaken off last night and are ready to play!

Any of you Atkins fans, I'm the mom with the scorebook sitting on the Bauxite side, just say howdy!  Bring your sun glasses and umbrellas, we don't have any nets over the bleachers and at least one spectator a game gets hit by a fall tip either from the baseball field or the softball field!   ::) Also the field faces the setting sun, so it is pretty sunny too.  Have a safe trip to "The Pit". ;D

True Fan

BHG 2
MC 0

The Lady Cardinals took advantage of a couple of Magnet Cove errors to win an otherwise tight game yesterday. Both teams had good pitching and defense, but neither could get the bats rattling. This moves the Lady Panthers to 7-3 on the season and 2-3 in conference. They look to even up their conference record Monday when they host the Lady Beavers of Glen Rose.

True Fan

Where are you at, fastpitch13? How is the team shaping up? I'm looking forward to seeing ya'll Monday.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas