• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City @ Salem

Started by Dragon I, November 16, 2012, 09:52:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kool_Hand-Luke

Quote from: cuz on November 17, 2012, 11:09:36 am
Quote from: Kool_Hand-Luke on November 17, 2012, 10:37:44 am
Salem has typically be the slower team most of the year. For whatever reason speed teams do not effect these guys.  JC will be dominated up front... Mark it down.
It will be a good game but Salem wins by 2 td's
Luke you've been around awhile, but you don't pay attention.Junction City has never been dominated anywhere on the field and it won't start at Salem I assure you. Make your pick but you know it's wrong, maybe wishful thinking.........
If Salem looses the battle up front then it's all over.  IMO that has been the biggest key to their success so far this year. If JC front line is remotely close to Salem then it will be a long night for the Hounds. I have not seen only heard about JC. I have seen Salem first hand. I'm pulling hard for the Hounds!

gatecrasher

Well, then that'll do it.
Guarandamnteed. There isn't a team in 2A that will beat the Dragons up front...

houndfan4610

have watched a couple of JC game films--they appear to be a good team--if the Hounds we've watched all year show up and thier D swarms to the ball it's gonna be a good game--Give credit where credit is due--JC is a good team with a long tradition of winning--Salem is a good bunch of boys who have worked thier tails off to turn a program around--GO HOUNDS!!--JC team and faithful fans have a safe trip up to the hills :)

4thn10

November 17, 2012, 04:50:48 pm #103 Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 09:24:50 pm by 4thn10
Quote from: houndfan4610 on November 17, 2012, 04:42:57 pm
have watched a couple of JC game films--they appear to be a good team--if the Hounds we've watched all year show up and thier D swarms to the ball it's gonna be a good game--Give credit where credit is due--JC is a good team with a long tradition of winning--Salem is a good bunch of boys who have worked thier tails off to turn a program around--GO HOUNDS!!--JC team and faithful fans have a safe trip up to the hills :)
Going to be a long, long trip. I have worked there in my younger days. Everyone can look at a map and tell the distance. I think this must be a record for distance traveled to play a game between two AR. teams. I could be wrong, if it isn't then it has to be top 50 !!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 4thn10 on November 17, 2012, 04:50:48 pm
Quote from: houndfan4610 on November 17, 2012, 04:42:57 pm
Going to be a long, long trip. I have worked there in my younger days. Everyone can look at a map and tell the distance. I think this must be a record for distance traveled to play a game between two AR. teams. I could be wrong, if it isn't then it has to be top 3 !!

Me and some buddies were lookin at this friday, its not even the longest this season. West memphis just went to bentonville friday night, and it was a few miles further. But it took longer from j.c. to salem.

4thn10

Interstate all the way or most of the way from West Memphis to that game. Sad to say that JC will not have an interstate to Salem. Probably more two lane than any.

rcd9146

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 17, 2012, 04:36:56 pm
Well, then that'll do it.
Guarandamnteed. There isn't a team in 2A that will beat the Dragons up front...
To quote lee corso. "Not so fast my friend ". Salem is legit up front.

Momma

I sooooo agree that these two teams should be the ones meeting at WMS!!!  Was hoping it would be us, but its not.  This will be one heck of a game!!

hogwildUofA

This game will be live on the greyhounds website right????

good times

Quote from: Classof91 on November 17, 2012, 01:37:45 am
;D Thanks Bleu!  Once again you do impressive work!  I did hear ole Phil say on his show the other night that LA girls don't have facial hair like them AR girls he used to live around....wonder if he was referring to JC women?   ;D ::) :P :o :o :o ;D :D ;) :)
i heard he was a good college qb.....la tech...maybe?

gatecrasher

"Legit" up front may not be good enough.

bleudog

November 17, 2012, 08:18:49 pm #111 Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:33:18 pm by bleudog
Quote from: good times on November 17, 2012, 07:21:00 pm
Quote from: Classof91 on November 17, 2012, 01:37:45 am
;D Thanks Bleu!  Once again you do impressive work!  I did hear ole Phil say on his show the other night that LA girls don't have facial hair like them AR girls he used to live around....wonder if he was referring to JC women?   ;D ::) :P :o :o :o ;D :D ;) :)
i heard he was a good college qb.....la tech...maybe?

That's the fact Jack.  He was the junior starter at La Tech when Terry Bradshaw was a sophomore.  Phil stayed in school and got a degree but did come back for his senior year.  Rumor was the coach gave him a choice between hunting and football and Phil choose hunting.  After Phil left the team, Bradshaw moved into the starter spot as a junior and the rest is history.  The TV folks like to play the better than Bradshaw angle but Tech's teams weren't that good when Phil was the QB and went to small school national prominence with Bradshaw and a new coach.  Bradshaw would most likely have taken the starter spot whether Phil had stayed for Phil's senior year or not.

rcd9146

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 17, 2012, 07:41:37 pm
"Legit" up front may not be good enough.
Legit in this case means they can handle what jc has..the rest may not be good enough but the front 4 are as good or better than what jc has...and there qb is also "legit"

rattler33

it is a long trip to salem from jc but magazine was thinking after a long trip to magazine from jc no such luck jc hung 56 on us and jc defense gave up 0 points

ng71

i will say this if jc plays like there fans talk the hole team should be sighned by razorbacks by the end of the game

rattler33

the old saying is if you want to be the man you got the man. and the man is year in year out is in the 8-2 conf. seems like jc , strong , bearden are good every year. i guess it is lots of talent and good coaching.

bleudog

November 17, 2012, 09:11:59 pm #116 Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 09:18:45 pm by bleudog
Going to be a long, long trip. I have worked there in my younger days. Everyone can look at a map and tell the distance. I think this must be a record for distance traveled to play a game between two AR. teams. I could be wrong, if it isn't then it has to be top 3 !!

Not even Junction's longest playoff trip.

JC and Shiloh Christian have played twice in the playoffs. One was a classic in 1999 in JC.  The second was at U$C in 2001.

Roughly 330 miles between Junction City and Springdale.

Junction City to Salem doesn't even break 280.

ng71

I'm sure youall are good . salem is a good team with a solid o a really good d and really good coaches . by the end of the nite you will know you have played one of the best teams in the state if not the best ;jmo!

4thn10

Quote from: bleudog on November 17, 2012, 09:11:59 pm

Not even Junction's longest playoff trip.

JC and Shiloh Christian have played twice in the playoffs. One was a classic in 1999 in JC.  The second was at U$C in 2001.

Roughly 330 miles between Junction City and Springdale.

Junction City to Salem doesn't even break 280.
Ok I changed it to top 50.

ng71

you cant win with these guys they type to fast

4thn10

I still use two fingers typing.  !!

Wilson

The most ''smack'' being talked on JC's behalf on this thread is being posted by an Eldorado fan. . he's just used to JC winning the majority of their games. . and most of the time by wide margins. . . sure a few JC fans are throwing some good natured barbs here and there. . .but most are doing nothing that posters from other teams that are still alive arent doing.   

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Wilson on November 17, 2012, 11:49:18 pm
The most ''smack'' being talked on JC's behalf on this thread is being posted by an Eldorado fan. . he's just used to JC winning the majority of their games. . and most of the time by wide margins. . . sure a few JC fans are throwing some good natured barbs here and there. . .but most are doing nothing that posters from other teams that are still alive arent doing.   

Wilson, i think hes hoping j.c. wins, so after greenwood ousts eldo, he will have a team to root for.  ;D

Sorry gate, couldnt resist. Cause i have no idea bout either.

CMhawgtracks

November 18, 2012, 07:17:19 am #123 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:07:42 am by CMhawgtracks
You guys talking this long trip crap, crack me up! The horse and buggy days are long gone. Six hour trips are a walk in the park and doesn't phase kids in the least. Shoot I'd even drive up to watch JC roll if family wasn't here to hunt and for thanksgiving

4thn10

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on November 18, 2012, 07:17:19 am
You guys talking this long trip crap, crack me up! The horse and buggy days are long gone. Six hour trips are a walk in the park and doesn't phase kids in the least. Shoot I'd even drive up to watch JC roll if family wasn't here to hunt and for thanksgiving
Never said one thing about the trip helping or hurting anyone. Said it was a long long trip and it is . Since you no longer have the horse and buggy fly up here in your jet and you can still hunt that sat morning.

dragonator

Quote from: 4thn10 on November 18, 2012, 09:24:36 am
Never said one thing about the trip helping or hurting anyone. Said it was a long long trip and it is . Since you no longer have the horse and buggy fly up here in your jet and you can still hunt that sat morning.

Careful, you may be dealing with one of those Murphys from South Arkansas. They have several jets and have been known to land them in a cow pasture.  :o

4thn10

Quote from: dragonator on November 18, 2012, 09:28:09 am
Quote from: 4thn10 on November 18, 2012, 09:24:36 am

Careful, you may be dealing with one of those Murphys from South Arkansas. They have several jets and have been known to land them in a cow pasture.  :o
I'm safe I think. There are too many rocks and hills up here to land in most pastures.

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: ng71 on November 17, 2012, 08:41:10 pm
i will say this if jc plays like there fans talk the hole team should be sighned by razorbacks by the end of the game
One of JC's Alum plays for the Hogs atm; considered their best run stopper.  Another had about a 12 year career in the NFL as a Safety.  Don't be surprised if a few of this bunch play at higher levels.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: hogwildUofA on November 17, 2012, 07:18:53 pm

That's a negative.  AAA rules say I can't stream.  This rules need changed.

football doctor

I've watched film on JC and have seen Salem play, too bad for these 2 teams they are playing in 3rd round, probably the best 2 defenses in the state, it is going to be a good one, I'll take either team if you will give me 3 points.  JC 16 Salem 14.

bleudog

November 18, 2012, 01:43:27 pm #130 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:47:59 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 18, 2012, 01:20:28 pm

How about pay-per-view with the guests getting a 40% cut?

Those Greydawg faithful need to pack the house.  JC would appreciate a little help with those travel expenses for that long, long trip everybody keeps harping about. ;D

sportsfan-3

JC has a loud and proud fan base, and rightly so.  The fans don't get to get on the field until the game is over.  Five years ago this week JC was preparing to go to Mt. Ida to destroy the Lions.  JC fans got on here and said, Mt. Ida has not seen our speed, size or strength.  We are going to drive up there and help you start your basketball season.  Mt. Ida will be lucky to even get close enough to smell the endzone.  Mt. Ida's defense will only get to look at the back of our rb's jersey.  Salem, JC is not superhuman, they do cry when you end their football season.

tacklethis...

Quote from: bleudog on November 18, 2012, 01:43:27 pm

Those Greydawg faithful need to pack the house.  JC's needs a little help with those travel expenses for that long, long trip everybody keeps harping about. ;D

JC didn't travel well to the home playoff game why would they drive to Salem?

cuz

Quote from: sportsfan-3 on November 18, 2012, 01:46:15 pm
JC has a loud and proud fan base, and rightly so.  The fans don't get to get on the field until the game is over.  Five years ago this week JC was preparing to go to Mt. Ida to destroy the Lions.  JC fans got on here and said, Mt. Ida has not seen our speed, size or strength.  We are going to drive up there and help you start your basketball season.  Mt. Ida will be lucky to even get close enough to smell the endzone.  Mt. Ida's defense will only get to look at the back of our rb's jersey.  Salem, JC is not superhuman, they do cry when you end their football season.
Said the one and done fan..........

bleudog

Quote from: sportsfan-3 on November 18, 2012, 01:46:15 pm

I remember that game.  Cookie almost got his head torn off and his fingers broken at the bottom of almost every pile.  I think Grantell wasn't up to speed for some reason.   Difference was basically a trick two point conversion play if I remember correctly.

That was on amazing run of games for Mt. Ida though:

Junction lost 22-20
Carlisle lost 21-19
Bearden lost 17-16

Definitely four teams capable of being crowned champ that year.  I was surprised Mt. Ida hasn't made more noise since '07.  What was the name of that superman MI had that year? 

Classof91

I could be wrong but I think Salem is the 2012 version of McCrory a few years back when they touted the strongest D in the state in any classification........until Bearden came to their place and mercy ruled them early.  Lots of sad and grumpy fans saw a real offense play their defense and they saw a real defense play their offense.  I really think this is how it will be for Salem this year. 

If I'm wrong I will eat the crow and Salem will have the 8-2A's respect for sure.  Beat JC and you have done something huge; you will be the clear favorite to win it all this year.

bleudog

November 18, 2012, 02:46:45 pm #136 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:05:59 pm by bleudog
Quote from: tacklethis... on November 18, 2012, 01:49:57 pm

Those Greydawg faithful need to pack the house.  JC's needs a little help with those travel expenses for that long, long trip everybody keeps harping about. ;D

Tthis, put aside your bitterness and read what I posted. 

JC will have some fans travel to Salem, but with the way things are these days with the economy and fuel prices, expecting a lot of fans of any small school to go that far is a stretch.  Hopefully one or more of the local churches will do as they have in the past put together some kind of bus option for those who'd like to make the trip but otherwise couldn't.

I, with tongue in cheek, encouraged those in the Salem area to buy a ticket.  The AAA handbook spells out how the gate proceeds in playoff games are distributed and there will be extra costs for the school to get the players, cheerleaders and band to a venue that far away.

As far as your remark about JC's home attendance, there was a decent crowd at the last two games but unfortunately success can breed complacency in some people.  JC hasn't lost a first game in 15 consecutive playoff trips Coach Carpenter has made.  There have been only three losses in that period in the second round.  Most first or second round games have been mercy rules and/or shutouts as the two this year were.  Sad as it is for those of us who actually show up at the games, some of the JC "fans" think the real playoffs only start after Thanksgiving.

tacklethis...

I was disappointed with the fan support. Nothing against the team,school or fans did show. Just expected more since all we here about is the level of talent from JC. Can't argue with the talent just figured most of the trash talkers on here would actually attend the game! I've seen more fans AT a 7-2A game when both teams had losing records!

houndfan4610

Quote from: bleudog on November 18, 2012, 02:46:45 pm

JC will have some fans travel to Salem, but with the way things are these days with the economy and fuel prices, expecting a lot of fans of any small school to go that far is a stretch.  Hopefully one of the local churches will do as they have in the past put together some kind of bus option for those who'd like to make the trip but otherwise couldn't.

I, with tongue in cheek, encouraged those in the Salem area to buy a ticket.  The AAA handbook spells out how the gate proceeds in playoff games are distributed and there will be extra costs for the school to get the players, cheerleaders and band to a venue that far away.

As far as your remark about JC's home attendance, there was a decent crowd at the last two games but unfortunately with success comes complacency.  JC hasn't lost a first round playoff game in 15 consecutive trips Coach Carpenter has made.  There have been only three losses in that period in the second round.  Most first or second round games have been mercy rules and/or shutouts as the two this year were.  Sad as it is for those of us who actually show up at the games, some of the JC "fans" think the real playoffs only start after Thanksgiving.
not sure of the #'s but don't think there was an empty seat in the home stands last friday with our side-line full also--the town has really gotten behind our boys--2nd round of state last year-?? this year--hope this is the beginning of that winning tradition that we hear the JC faithful talk about ;)

Classof91

Quote from: houndfan4610 on November 18, 2012, 03:14:20 pm
Quote from: bleudog on November 18, 2012, 02:46:45 pm

JC will have some fans travel to Salem, but with the way things are these days with the economy and fuel prices, expecting a lot of fans of any small school to go that far is a stretch.  Hopefully one of the local churches will do as they have in the past put together some kind of bus option for those who'd like to make the trip but otherwise couldn't.

As far as your remark about JC's home attendance, there was a decent crowd at the last two games but unfortunately with success comes complacency.  JC hasn't lost a first round playoff game in 15 consecutive trips Coach Carpenter has made.  There have been only three losses in that period in the second round.  Most first or second round games have been mercy rules and/or shutouts as the two this year were.  Sad as it is for those of us who actually show up at the games, some of the JC "fans" think the real playoffs only start after Thanksgiving.
not sure of the #'s but don't think there was an empty seat in the home stands last friday with our side-line full also--the town has really gotten behind our boys--2nd round of state last year-?? this year--hope this is the beginning of that winning tradition that we hear the JC faithful talk about ;)
[/quote

Gurdon had this type of turn out Friday against Bearden.  The stands were full and the edges of the fence were crowded.  Bearden had a bit more than usual, but as the games progress the stands become more crowded.  I wish it were better earlier but that is one of the side effects of having winning programs for many years...fans become used to winning and it takes more to excite them.  Bearden's first round game had no more fans than a regular season game.  I think when a town has new found success and the crowds are huge this really helps the motivation and makes it harder to play them.   

bleudog

November 18, 2012, 03:27:33 pm #140 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:30:13 pm by bleudog
Quote from: houndfan4610 on November 18, 2012, 03:14:20 pm

Good to hear about the crowd.  Wouldn't expect any different from a team that broke the nine win barrier for the second straight year after having three one-win seasons since 2006.

Good luck, I just hope that large home crowd doesn't have too much to cheer about.  8) :-X 8)

2AGenius

lol and you salem fans arent like that...

bleudog

November 18, 2012, 03:33:25 pm #142 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:36:44 pm by bleudog
Quote from: 2AGenius on November 18, 2012, 03:31:14 pm

I'm still trying to figure out what a "hole" team is and is it a team one really wants to be part of.  ???

4thn10

Quote from: bleudog on November 18, 2012, 03:33:25 pm

I'm still trying to figure out what a "hole" team is and is it a team one really wants to be part of.  ???
Depends on the "hole" in question!!!! I do not wish to be in the six feet under "hole". Wouldn't mind being in the rock band "hole". In ng's defense he meant to hit the "w" . We all make mistakes don't we?? Can't we all just get along?? ???

dragonator

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 18, 2012, 03:11:06 pm
I was disappointed with the fan support. Nothing against the team,school or fans did show. Just expected more since all we here about is the level of talent from JC. Can't argue with the talent just figured most of the trash talkers on here would actually attend the game! I've seen more fans AT a 7-2A game when both teams had losing records!

It was a packed house on JC's side. You just couldn't see us for all the camouflage.  ;D

4thn10

Quote from: dragonator on November 18, 2012, 03:52:17 pm
Quote from: tacklethis... on November 18, 2012, 03:11:06 pm

It was a packed house on JC's side. You just couldn't see us for all the camouflage.  ;D
I'm thinking camo uniforms would look good.

tacklethis...

Good reply Jack.  Love that show!!!

ng71

i aint no English major

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ng71 on November 18, 2012, 04:58:10 pm

i aint no English major

I'm thinking bleu would be a good professor with all the stats and things he throws out there, or digs up, or just plain remembers....And a thread with Tdn, Wilson, and amehr...now where's The_Bookie, and Juicey_J and we'd have a good thread lol...

My "Northern" Bias says I should pick salem...my brain says junction city...no offense to J.C...but I really want to see the giants get killed(not literally lol)...

Bit of advice to salem...send them up Highway 9 if they ask for directions...tell them to drive really fast, that way the Dragons will be deathly sick and puking from motion sickness lol.

Gonna go with J.C by 14

4thn10

Quote from: ng71 on November 18, 2012, 04:58:10 pm

i aint no English major
I will bet they have made mistakes too, they knew what you were talking about. They should apply for the spell checking job on this board if that is a big concern.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas