• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 CFB season

Started by LRRandy, July 27, 2017, 02:09:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Oklahoma State has officially been eliminated from the playoff.... Oklahoma is the only team in the Big 12 that can lose a game and have a chance at the playoff.

beach bum

Unless Florida has more miracles up their sleeve Kentucky is about to go 2-0 in SEC play AND end 31 straight years of misery of losing to the Gators. I am not even sure that a fine from the SEC is going to deter their fans from running on the field. It's only a 13 point lead with about 10 minutes left, but Florida looks bad on offense.

bdubyab60

Their offense is horrible. MSU comes back down to earth against UGA.

beach bum

Florida may have just ripped their hearts out.... 43 seconds left and they score to take a 1 point lead at 28-27. Kentucky has 2 timeouts and needs to get into FG range fast.

beach bum

Kentucky gashed Florida for a big run to get to the 20 to be in field goal range for a walk off FG and a hold was called..... Wow, devastating for sure. They attempt the 56 yard FG and it fell just short.

bdubyab60

Was actually pulling for Kentucky

beach bum

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 24, 2017, 09:52:45 am
Was actually pulling for Kentucky

Me too. The Gators have pulled so many games out from their behind the last few years. Their record is so deceiving cause they have won so many close games in that stretch. They aren't as good as their record indicates the last couple years.

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on September 24, 2017, 01:35:34 pm
Me too. The Gators have pulled so many games out from their behind the last few years. Their record is so deceiving cause they have won so many close games in that stretch. They aren't as good as their record indicates the last couple years.
Thats why Gator fans don't like Mcelwain. He's got some leprechaun luck right now and talent is bailing him out.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 24, 2017, 06:33:18 pm
Thats why Gator fans don't like Mcelwain. He's got some leprechaun luck right now and talent is bailing him out.

I hope they keep him around another 20 years.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 24, 2017, 11:33:38 pm
I hope they keep him around another 20 years.
I bet you do Chief lol

VHSCoach2

Final from Baton Rouge:

Troy 24, #25 LSU 21.

LSU's first non-conference loss at home since 2000 (UAB) and Troy's first win over an SEC team since 2001 (Mississippi State).

LRRandy

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on September 30, 2017, 09:43:09 pm
Final from Baton Rouge:

Troy 24, #25 LSU 21.

LSU's first non-conference loss at home since 2000 (UAB) and Troy's first win over an SEC team since 2001 (Mississippi State).
shocking loss

sevenof400

That sinking sound you hear is Ed Orgeron's head coaching career...

VHSCoach2

Ed Orgeron's career record as a full-time head coach: 13-29.
Ed Orgeron's career record as an interim head coach: 12-4.

Perhaps LSU should fire head coach Ed Orgeron and hire interim coach Ed Orgeron?

LRRandy

I guess the Razorbacks being really bad had everyone kind of quiet this season. Not a lot of chatter about the season. I think part of it is Alabama being so dominate over the entire sec no one has hope at the present time. The sec is so down even valleysports is too embarrassed  to come on here and argue. Even he finally sees the truth. I know what will cheer you up. Penn St. winning Saturday over the fighting Urban Meyers. Since Ohio State is going to win the board will remain quiet. I kinda miss the back and forth. At the halfway point my adjusted playoff four are:
Ohio State
Bama
Oklahoma
Notre Dame

beach bum

October 24, 2017, 08:53:37 pm #115 Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 09:00:51 pm by beach bum
Quote from: LRRandy on October 24, 2017, 08:47:13 pm
I guess the Razorbacks being really bad had everyone kind of quiet this season. Not a lot of chatter about the season. I think part of it is Alabama being so dominate over the entire sec no one has hope at the present time. The sec is so down even valleysports is too embarrassed  to come on here and argue. Even he finally sees the truth. I know what will cheer you up. Penn St. winning Saturday over the fighting Urban Meyers. Since Ohio State is going to win the board will remain quiet. I kinda miss the back and forth. At the halfway point my adjusted playoff four are:
Ohio State
Bama
Oklahoma
Notre Dame

The final 4 are going to end up two SEC teams and two Big Ten teams.... Bama, Georgia... Then two of the three between Penn State, Wisconsin, and Ohio State. The Buckeyes got to win Saturday or its over though. I think as long as Penn State or Wisconsin finish with just 1 loss that is less than 7 points they can get in too. I think Georgia will only lose by 7-10 to Bama too and sneak in too..... I predict Notre Dame, TCU, Oklahoma, Miami, and Clemson will all lose 1 more game and the SEC and Big Ten teams I mentioned above get in. The Pac 12 has a handful of good teams but nobody shining. Had Arizona played that video game-ish quarterback at the beginning of the year they would be undefeated. I think their 2 losses were by a combined 9 points without him. They certainly would have won those with him.

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on October 24, 2017, 08:53:37 pm
The final 4 are going to end up two SEC teams and two Big Ten teams.... Bama, Georgia... Then two of the three between Penn State, Wisconsin, and Ohio State. The Buckeyes got to win Saturday or its over though. I think as long as Penn State or Wisconsin finish with just 1 loss that is less than 7 points they can get in too. I think Georgia will only lose by 7-10 to Bama too and sneak in too..... I predict Notre Dame, TCU, Oklahoma, Miami, and Clemson will all lose 1 more game and the SEC and Big Ten teams I mentioned above get in. The Pac 12 has a handful of good teams but nobody shining. Had Arizona played that video game-ish quarterback at the beginning of the year they would be undefeated. I think their 2 losses were by a combined 9 points without him. They certainly would have won those with him.
two teams from two conferences in the playoff shutting out the rest of the country. That would have folks in an uproar. Do you think the usual suspects continuing to be in the playoff diminishes interest any?

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on October 24, 2017, 09:47:16 pm
two teams from two conferences in the playoff shutting out the rest of the country. That would have folks in an uproar. Do you think the usual suspects continuing to be in the playoff diminishes interest any?

I think you actually make a fair point.... I think me and you don't mind it one bit, but I think others are getting sick of Ohio State and Alabama lol.

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on October 24, 2017, 09:49:38 pm
I think you actually make a fair point.... I think me and you don't mind it one bit, but I think others are getting sick of Ohio State and Alabama lol.
yes, I am sure sick of Alabama 😀

VHSCoach2

Quote from: beach bum on October 24, 2017, 08:53:37 pm

I think TCU may have something to say about the Top 4. I don't think they will be beaten by anyone in the Big 12.

Chief_Osceola™

I'm done with college football this year.

Staff changes better be coming at season's end.

LRRandy

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 25, 2017, 11:18:26 am
I'm done with college football this year.

Staff changes better be coming at season's end.
losing the QB didn't help. That's pretty frustrating.

Longfellow

Quote from: LRRandy on October 25, 2017, 04:12:16 pm
losing the QB didn't help. That's pretty frustrating.
I'd hope they don't fire Jimbo Fisher. That would be the biggest mistake they could make

LRRandy

Quote from: Longfellow on October 25, 2017, 04:23:14 pm
I'd hope they don't fire Jimbo Fisher. That would be the biggest mistake they could make
that would be the dumbest coaching change I have ever seen if they do that. I do wonder though why the defense hasn't been all world like they were being touted. The two safeties are supposedly the best in college. Are they mailing it in?

Chief_Osceola™

I don't want Jimbo out, and there's no way he'll be fired. I think his buyout is something like 40 million. FSU has 3 glaring problems - the defense, the offensive line, and a true freshman quarterback running a really complex system. 2 of those can be fixed with coaching changes.  The other will take care of itself next year.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 25, 2017, 11:06:33 am
I think TCU may have something to say about the Top 4. I don't think they will be beaten by anyone in the Big 12.

Iowa State just proved me wrong. The road to the Big 12 title now goes through Ames, Iowa.

LRRandy

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 28, 2017, 05:54:43 pm
Iowa State just proved me wrong. The road to the Big 12 title now goes through Ames, Iowa.
its a crazy season. The kind of crazy that could get two sec teams in the playoff.

VHSCoach2

Jim McElwain fired at Florida.

Randy Shannon will interim the remainder of the season.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 29, 2017, 12:56:43 pm

I want to get paid to not coach a team....and I'll do it cheaper than any of these guys do

LRRandy

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 29, 2017, 12:56:43 pm

how about that. His " death threat" proclamation gave Florida an eas/inexpensive  way out.

J.D.

Butch Jones may be next.  Allegedly put a player's health in jeopardy by allowing him to play while apparently showing symptoms of a concussion.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: J.D. on November 01, 2017, 03:46:43 pm
Butch Jones may be next.  Allegedly put a player's health in jeopardy by allowing him to play while apparently showing symptoms of a concussion.

No! He's building life champions who take lots of leadership reps.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: J.D. on November 01, 2017, 03:46:43 pm

I'm suprised he still has a job as it is...

LRRandy

How about wins by Auburn and Miss. St. today. Wouldn't that be fun.

sevenof400

Quote from: LRRandy on November 11, 2017, 09:24:40 am

Um....no

LRRandy

Longfellow

Quote from: LRRandy on November 11, 2017, 10:11:06 am
oh now, where's your sense of adventure? 😀
If Auburn wins out, they will make the playoff.

sevenof400

Quote from: LRRandy on November 11, 2017, 10:11:06 am
oh now, where's your sense of adventure? 😀

There's a feeling I get when Auburn wins, and it ain't one of adventure......

sevenof400

Quote from: Longfellow on November 11, 2017, 10:59:12 am
If Auburn wins out, they will make the playoff.

Not so fast there Longfellow because many other things would have to occur - but I agree it is possible.

If a 2 loss Auburn wins the SECCG, they will have beaten Georgia twice and that might be enough to overcome the LSU loss.  (The Clemson loss is not nearly as large or a problem). But if Alabama is sitting with only one loss, they would likely go before Auburn.  Clemson would likely go as well (assuming they win out).  ND still has a hold on a playoff spot and (at this point, as much as I hate to say it) so does Oklahoma.  And what of Wisconsin and Miami?

I will say this - a 2 loss Auburn team as SEC Champion means only 1 (at most) SEC team makes it to the playoffs.  But even more possible is NO SEC team makes it....

LRRandy

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 11, 2017, 12:11:33 pm
There's a feeling I get when Auburn wins, and it ain't one of adventure......
I can respect that. Certain teams give me that feeling also.

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on November 11, 2017, 09:24:40 am

One of them is going to win tonight I believe... People can call me crazy, but Bama is about to lose one of their upcoming games before title game even. They are dinged up on defense like never before. I know they just have more 4 stars to plug in, but I believe this schedule pile up of Miss State, Auburn, the SEC title game, and the semifinal will be too much and someone will snag them when they are hot one of those games.

beach bum

And on that note Auburn is beating UGA 30-7... They're really going to have to screw things up now to lose this.

sevenof400

Is that Georgia being Georgia I see?

beach bum

I know I am just dreaming, but I am hoping the final 4 ends up being Auburn(winning out), Alabama(loses to Auburn and drops to 3 or 4), Miami(wins out including tonight over the Irish and Clemson in the ACC title game knocking those two teams out of contention in the process), and Wisconsin(just win out and they will be in by default of everyone losing..... TCU and Oklahoma split to knock them both out of contention.

LRRandy

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on November 11, 2017, 06:14:28 pm
I know I am just dreaming, but I am hoping the final 4 ends up being Auburn(winning out), Alabama(loses to Auburn and drops to 3 or 4), Miami(wins out including tonight over the Irish and Clemson in the ACC title game knocking those two teams out of contention in the process), and Wisconsin(just win out and they will be in by default of everyone losing..... TCU and Oklahoma split to knock them both out of contention.
three of those wouldn't offend me. I would really like to see Bama sit out a few years.

LRRandy

Miss. St. playing a tough game. Long drive converting 3rd downs in the third quarter is not something Bama is used to happening to them. Of course, they really haven't played anybody.

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on November 11, 2017, 08:19:14 pm
Miss. St. playing a tough game. Long drive converting 3rd downs in the third quarter is not something Bama is used to happening to them. Of course, they really haven't played anybody.

Miss State has had 2/3 of the time of possession.... This has been crazy. Now 24-17 with 14 minutes left.

sevenof400

Who said it earlier - injuries have decimated the Alabama depth - is exactly spot on.

sevenof400

Got to love the Convicts tonight....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas