• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A Week 6 (Week 3 conference play)

Started by beach bum, October 04, 2015, 07:11:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

October 04, 2015, 07:11:26 pm Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 07:40:29 pm by beach bum
Shiloh Christian 35 Prairie Grove 28 (I think Shiloh is just a little too much for PG this year, however this is one of the most underrated match ups around the state on a yearly basis, PG always wants this one more than any other game on their schedule, yes more than Farmington believe it or not. PG will put up a fight in this one but come up just short)

Pea Ridge 35 Gravette 21 (Pea Ridge is hitting its stride on offense and a year or two earlier than people thought as a program. I really like what their community and coaching staff have going on there as a program. Its definitely a riser in the 4A ranks I say they get out by 3 scores and Gravette scores late to make it look closer.)

Lincoln 42 Berryville 20 (Lincoln gets it offense going against Berryville and keeps hope of a playoff berth as the 5 seed alive)

Huntsville 34 Gentry 26 (Hunstville wins this one and does the same thing as Lincoln by setting up a week 7 matchup with them for most likely the 5 seed on the line)

$aintMaximu$

Shiloh by 14 but I think this will be a dog fight... Game of the week...

Pea Ridge by 21

Lincoln by 14

Huntsville by 7   

beach bum

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 04, 2015, 08:41:00 pm

Pea Ridge by 21

Lincoln by 14

Huntsville by 7

Game of the week in all of 4A too....

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: beach bum on October 04, 2015, 08:43:08 pm
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 04, 2015, 08:41:00 pm

Pea Ridge by 21

Lincoln by 14

Huntsville by 7

Game of the week in all of 4A too....

Agree!!!  This could really go either way... I watched PG beat one of our best teams several years back at PG...  Will be a great game to watch....

catinthehat

Shiloh by 21 (They are just that good.)

Pea Ridge by 28 (They could have doubled the score against Lincoln, but they caught a lot of grief about running up the score the week before. Mercy ruled Lincoln in the 2nd quarter then called off the dogs.)

Berryville by 3 (Both teams are struggling with new coaches; it will come down to the team that makes the fewest mistakes that night...turn overs and penalties.)

Gentry by 1 (This one's a toss up. Gentry - more speed.)

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: catinthehat on October 04, 2015, 09:09:04 pm

Pea Ridge by 28 (They could have doubled the score against Lincoln, but they caught a lot of grief about running up the score the week before. Mercy ruled Lincoln in the 2nd quarter then called off the dogs.)

Berryville by 3 (Both teams are struggling with new coaches; it will come down to the team that makes the fewest mistakes that night...turn overs and penalties.)

For some reason Pea Ridge has that dark horse feeling...  I think they are going to continue to do very well...

Tigerdad2

PG by 7
Pea Ridge by 10
Berryville by 2
Huntsville by 7

doober3

Shiloh by 9
Pea Ridge by 21
Lincoln by 7
Huntsville by 21

prHOG13

agree on the could have doubled up Lincoln. After they got up 35 mid way through the 2nd, they went straight to their 4th and 5th string RB's and 2nd/3rd team line the rest of the game.

As far as the Gentry game, the staff never felt comfortable until mid 4th quarter because Gentry kept it somewhat respectable within 2-3 or so scores most of the game and kept breaking big plays.

As for that last carry that really hacked the Gentry staff off.... honest to god that was the 5th string RB and it was a mix of 2nd and 3rd team on the Oline. When going back to watch the film, Gentry only had 9 players out there on defense on that play. You never expect your 5th string RB to break an 80 yarder with a minute to go in the game, and its just one of those things that happened. At that point they're just trying to get those young guys some carries/experience against varsity competition. I don't see how PR can be accused of running up the score when they literally called just 3 pass plays the entire night. Not trying to diss Gentry, but they need to worry more about how their kids acted in that game (two were ejected, along with 7 personal foul penalties) than they do about complaining about Pea Ridge "running up" the score with their backups backups. I guess everything is cool now though after an interesting post-game handshake.

Shiloh guys- is Berus expected to play this week after the injury last week?

My predictions:

Shiloh 42  Prairie Grove 35- if Berus plays, I think Shiloh jumps out to a lead and PG's comeback attempt comes up just a little short

Huntsville 31  Gentry 30 - Gentry has a very talented QB/RB duo that can put up some points. Just need to stay healthy

Lincoln 28  Berryville 20- I haven't seen Berryville yet this season. Seems like theres a little improvement there, but not enough yet.

Pea Ridge 42  Gravette 21- Pea Ridge has some offensive weapons that Gravette's big boys won't be able to handle.

catinthehat

Excellent post. You made some good points, prHOG. It will be an interesting evening of high school football.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on October 05, 2015, 07:09:30 pm

agree on the could have doubled up Lincoln. After they got up 35 mid way through the 2nd, they went straight to their 4th and 5th string RB's and 2nd/3rd team line the rest of the game.

As far as the Gentry game, the staff never felt comfortable until mid 4th quarter because Gentry kept it somewhat respectable within 2-3 or so scores most of the game and kept breaking big plays.

As for that last carry that really hacked the Gentry staff off.... honest to god that was the 5th string RB and it was a mix of 2nd and 3rd team on the Oline. When going back to watch the film, Gentry only had 9 players out there on defense on that play. You never expect your 5th string RB to break an 80 yarder with a minute to go in the game, and its just one of those things that happened. At that point they're just trying to get those young guys some carries/experience against varsity competition. I don't see how PR can be accused of running up the score when they literally called just 3 pass plays the entire night. Not trying to diss Gentry, but they need to worry more about how their kids acted in that game (two were ejected, along with 7 personal foul penalties) than they do about complaining about Pea Ridge "running up" the score with their backups backups. I guess everything is cool now though after an interesting post-game handshake.

Shiloh guys- is Berus expected to play this week after the injury last week?

My predictions:

Shiloh 42  Prairie Grove 35- if Berus plays, I think Shiloh jumps out to a lead and PG's comeback attempt comes up just a little short

Huntsville 31  Gentry 30 - Gentry has a very talented QB/RB duo that can put up some points. Just need to stay healthy

Lincoln 28  Berryville 20- I haven't seen Berryville yet this season. Seems like theres a little improvement there, but not enough yet.

Pea Ridge 42  Gravette 21- Pea Ridge has some offensive weapons that Gravette's big boys won't be able to handle.

Berus is still questionable but I think he will play... We have had a couple other key players out since Bastrop and I hope they will be back as well but I don't feel as good on them...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas