• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shiloh@Prairie Grove

Started by coach jackson, October 04, 2015, 07:06:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

coach jackson

Going to be a crazy game... Who pulls it off??

beach bum

October 04, 2015, 07:13:58 pm #1 Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:39:34 pm by beach bum
Shiloh by one score at 35-28. This is one of the underrated match ups/semi-rivalries in 4A. People may call me crazy but PG cares about beating Shiloh more than Farmington on a yearly basis even when PG and Farmington was a conference game. PG puts up a fight in this one, but I think Shiloh is slightly the better team. I hope the kid injured for Shiloh is a go this week since they said it turned out it was a scare and nothing too serious. Best wishes to him on a quick heal. This also is the 4A game of the week if you look at the other games in 4A going on. No other conferences have much as far as crucial games in determining a conference title.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: beach bum on October 04, 2015, 07:13:58 pm
Shiloh by one score at 35-28. This is one of the underrated match ups/semi-rivalries in 4A. People may call me crazy but PG cares about beating Shiloh more than Farmington on a yearly basis even when PG and Farmington was a conference game. PG puts up a fight in this one, but I think Shiloh is slightly the better team. I hope the kid injured for Shiloh is a go this week since they said it turned out it was a scare and nothing too serious. Best wishes to him on a quick heal. This also is the 4A game of the week if you look at the other games in 4A going on. No other conferences have much as far as crucial games in determining a conference title.

I think he will play Beach Bum...  It was a stinger so you think he would be good to go... I also think he is key to running the defense in this game.  We have a couple other key players out and I am not sure if they will be back or not but I don't think so...

I hear what you are saying on PG (along with many other teams) that want to beat Shiloh...  When I played at Greenland without a doubt that was the game we wanted to win in every sport...  Now that I am a parent, you even see that in girls 5th grade soccer and basketball...  It gets pretty crazy!!!

Shiloh will need to get the ball moving in the air and not become predictable on the ground...  The defense was outstanding during the Huntsville game so more of the same on that point...  I watched the Huntsville/PG game and if I remember correct it was only a 6 point game at the half... Seems like a 2 minute stretch in the second half the Tigers scored 21 points with a combination of defense, special teams and the big man with a deep ball... 

PG does have the size advantage... No matter what it's a dog fight!!!  I give Shiloh the edge by 14...

Might be a good time for a fearless poster meet and greet...  If anybody is interested let me know... 12th man?

nuttinbuthogs

Prairie Grove by 3.  Coaching goes to the Tigers, talent may slightly be in favor of the Saints. If this game gets out of hand it will probably be because of errors.

beach bum

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on October 04, 2015, 09:12:55 pm
Prairie Grove by 3.  Coaching goes to the Tigers, talent may slightly be in favor of the Saints. If this game gets out of hand it will probably be because of errors.

I agree if PG doesn't turn it over they will undoubtedly be in the game.....Abshier knows how to shorten a game when he needs to by eating clock.

WPWells

I've already got plans for Friday night, and I'm kicking myself for committing because this is such a great matchup in my neck of the woods!

I'll take the Saints in a close one. My hope is that this is the matchup of the only two teams to beat my Tigers this year.

We Are Shiloh

Quote from: beach bum on October 04, 2015, 09:43:35 pm
Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on October 04, 2015, 09:12:55 pm

I agree if PG doesn't turn it over they will undoubtedly be in the game.....Abshier knows how to shorten a game when he needs to by eating clock.
True!! The PG coach understands time management! No doubt.  This game will be contrasting styles  colliding!  Who will do the better job of imposing their will?

TIGER101

October 05, 2015, 02:00:11 pm #7 Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:03:07 pm by TIGER101

Beach Bum you need to let everyone know where you're getting whatever you are smoking..  I WANT SOME TOO ;) ;)!!!!!!  There will never be a day when PG/Farmington game means less than $hiloh, other than Famington not being a conference game now. 
Now I will give you that it is a "different type of want to" in beating $hiloh.  Heck, everyone in the state hates $hiloh in one way or another and wants to beat them, but I still wont go to the level of PG/Farmington game.  That is one of the top 5 or 6 rivalry games in the state IMO.  Now back when $hiloh was able to lie to the state, recruit players and pay parents living expenses and all the other funny things that went on during that time, it would have been nice to knock them off the top shelf they once sit upon.  I still think they are nothing more than a Pulaski Academy want-to-be. ;D ;D  This difference is if PA has a couple losing seasons they dont come back and drop classifications crying because they couldn't win a state championship. 

GO TIGERS

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: TIGER101 on October 05, 2015, 02:00:11 pm

Beach Bum you need to let everyone know where you're getting whatever you are smoking..  I WANT SOME TOO ;) ;)!!!!!!  There will never be a day when PG/Farmington game means less than $hiloh, other than Famington not being a conference game now. 
Now I will give you that it is a "different type of want to" in beating $hiloh.  Heck, everyone in the state hates $hiloh in one way or another and wants to beat them, but I still wont go to the level of PG/Farmington game.  That is one of the top 5 or 6 rivalry games in the state IMO.  Now back when $hiloh was able to lie to the state, recruit players and pay parents living expenses and all the other funny things that went on during that time, it would have been nice to knock them off the top shelf they once sit upon.  I still think they are nothing more than a Pulaski Academy want-to-be. ;D ;D  This difference is if PA has a couple losing seasons they dont come back and drop classifications crying because they couldn't win a state championship. 

GO TIGERS

Isn't Beach Bum in Colorado?

TIGER101

beach bum

In Colorado Springs its a big no no cause its like the Mecca of Colorado if you know what I mean. Churches and the military influence the city & its a not sold in The Springs(as the locals call it). I just think we circumfrenced two taboo topics for this site on this thread with the M word and the R word talking about Shiloh's past  :D

We Are Shiloh

My best guess...

I think Shiloh will pull away in the 2nd half..  PG will start emotional, and will keep it close early. Shiloh will show poise down the stretch and they will not get rattled.

but hey who really knows...right?  ;)  Maybe our coaching staff will use a little wisdom for once and NOT play Broc on every snap. 

$hiloh 31
PG 12

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: beach bum on October 05, 2015, 08:16:56 pm
In Colorado Springs its a big no no cause its like the Mecca of Colorado if you know what I mean. Churches and the military influence the city & its a not sold in The Springs(as the locals call it). I just think we circumfrenced two taboo topics for this site on this thread with the M word and the R word talking about Shiloh's past  :D

I promise man I thought it was brownie bites!!!

coach jackson

Quote from: We Are Shiloh on October 06, 2015, 08:15:18 am
My best guess...

I think Shiloh will pull away in the 2nd half..  PG will start emotional, and will keep it close early. Shiloh will show poise down the stretch and they will not get rattled.

but hey who really knows...right?  ;)  Maybe our coaching staff will use a little wisdom for once and NOT play Broc on every snap. 

$hiloh 31
PG 12
Broc Berus hardly ever plays because he is always hurt, wouldn't blame it all on the coaches. Needs to man up a little!

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: coach jackson on October 06, 2015, 09:28:21 am
My best guess...

$hiloh 31
PG 12
Broc Berus hardly ever plays because he is always hurt, wouldn't blame it all on the coaches. Needs to man up a little!

Trust me I want to see him play more... Just more quality over quantity...  But agree... +1

TIGER101

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 06, 2015, 08:21:00 am

That is a staple for the $hiloh pre-game meal!!!!!

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: TIGER101 on October 06, 2015, 09:49:55 am
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 06, 2015, 08:21:00 am

That is a staple for the $hiloh pre-game meal!!!!!

I always preferred a chilled Capri Sun and orange wedges...

TIGER101

My best guess...

$hiloh 31
PG 12

Has a $hiloh poster ever picked Shiloh to lose a game? ???

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: TIGER101 on October 06, 2015, 09:54:20 am
My best guess...

$hiloh 31
PG 12

I think I did when they played Trinity....

SUGARTOWN

My best guess...

$hiloh 31
PG 12

Probably not, that's why we haven't seen them on here the past few years when they were losing.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 06, 2015, 10:02:48 am
My best guess...

$hiloh 31
PG 12

Probably not, that's why we haven't seen them on here the past few years when they were losing.

I would like to prove you wrong but unfortunately when I was banned all my post were deleted...

TIGER101

Only poster I know who got banned from $hiloh was SO

We Are Shiloh

Quote from: TIGER101 on October 06, 2015, 10:42:39 am
Only poster I know who got banned from $hiloh was SO

Now you know of 2... Add St Max to your list.  Somehow, someway I've managed to dodge the banned list.  8)

Legend

I thought at one time every Shiloh poster was banned lol

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Legend on October 06, 2015, 11:55:13 am

That was self imposed because of their poor seasons.

We Are Shiloh

I thought the same thing. ;D

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 06, 2015, 12:01:55 pm

That was self imposed because of their poor seasons.

I was actually on an extended mission trip....

TIGER101

S.O. is still a $hiloh lover even though his kids are gone

$aintMaximu$

Legend

They thought if they self imposed the sanctioned they would be forgiven.... Poor Baptists... We dont forget

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Legend on October 06, 2015, 02:47:03 pm
They thought if they self imposed the sanctioned they would be forgiven.... Poor Baptists... We dont forget

Do you think I am Oliver?  ;D

TIGER101

October 06, 2015, 04:10:43 pm #31 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 04:12:16 pm by TIGER101
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 06, 2015, 02:57:02 pm
Quote from: Legend on October 06, 2015, 02:47:03 pm

Do you think I am Oliver?  ;D

No, I was just saying he was the last one I know of from Shiloh who got banned.  I still like giving him a time from back in the day.

TIGER101

October 06, 2015, 04:12:45 pm #32 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 07:54:36 pm by TIGER101
It was always entertaining when he was around

mtindian42

Pg runs wild  and dose just enough to get a big win... Pg 38 SC 34

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: TIGER101 on October 06, 2015, 04:12:45 pm
It was always entertaining when he was around

Very true... I haven't seen him in a long time...  But very entertaining!!! Even at Pee Wee games!!

3 Dollar

So, which team is starting their JV ???

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: 3 Dollar on October 06, 2015, 09:17:34 pm
So, which team is starting their JV ???

I hate to report this but the Shiloh JV is pretty beat up from the Ozark JV beat down...  We are going to have to go with a heavy varsity squad which is unfortunate for such a big game....

Legend

They are holding the JV out until the playoffs

Lions84

We Are Shiloh

Quote from: Lions84 on October 07, 2015, 10:11:14 am
PG pulls it off by 3+

It will be fun to watch tonight.  I will be there if anyone wants to meet up...

WPWells

I texted Saint Max and I'm going to come if things work out (hoping I won't be there)

$aintMaximu$

****Breaking news****

If anybody has details please share... Apparently Shiloh has a "transfer" from Webb City...  It looks like his paperwork is legit and he will get to play tonight against PG....  Rumor has it he was a key player on a JV team located in close proximity to Webb City...

This could change EVERYTHING....   Could put Shiloh back on the national headlines...  I would love if somebody could provide at least a last name...

phdefense

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 09, 2015, 12:46:39 pm
I would love if somebody could provide at least a last name...
Smith or Johnson

We Are Shiloh

Quote from: phdefense on October 09, 2015, 12:47:49 pm
Smith or Johnson

I heard that it was either "Jethro" or "McNutty."  Wait... Wasn't he a former JV Ricebird standout??  ??? :o

Someone help fill in the blanks!!!

$aintMaximu$

This Jethro from the recent article in the USA Today?

Here is a little bit of what the paper said about standout DB Bobby Jo Jethro...

Bobby Jo is not the most gifted safety when it comes to coverage skills. But when it comes to punishing opposing players, whether they be wide receivers, running backs, tight ends or quarterbacks, he has no peer in the JV game. He excels in run support because it allows him to be physical. The bottom line: Bobby Jo is a tough guy who loves to deliver a big hit.  He hits a ton; he's a sledgehammer masquerading as a defensive back. Basically, he's a wrestler who happens to be good at football in many different areas.

:'( Tears of joy  :'(

SUGARTOWN

YC

Bradley

$aintMaximu$

TIGER101

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 09, 2015, 12:55:56 pm

Here is a little bit of what the paper said about standout DB Bobby Jo Jethro...

Bobby Jo is not the most gifted safety when it comes to coverage skills. But when it comes to punishing opposing players, whether they be wide receivers, running backs, tight ends or quarterbacks, he has no peer in the JV game. He excels in run support because it allows him to be physical. The bottom line: Bobby Jo is a tough guy who loves to deliver a big hit.  He hits a ton; he's a sledgehammer masquerading as a defensive back. Basically, he's a wrestler who happens to be good at football in many different areas.

Stay away from the PG players tight ends...........

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: TIGER101 on October 09, 2015, 03:36:58 pm
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 09, 2015, 12:55:56 pm

Stay away from the PG players tight ends...........

I heard an offer has been made for him to play at Ozark JV... Full ride...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas