• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-4A Week 6

Started by hawgfan15, October 04, 2015, 03:43:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan15

October 04, 2015, 03:43:30 pm Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:12:14 pm by hawgfan15
Game of the Week

Malvern (4-1) (2-0) @ Ashdown (4-1) (2-0)

The Leopards have coasted through their first two conference games while battling a few key injuries. Ashdown has also had little trouble with the same two opponents. If you are looking for a surprise team in the conference this season the Panthers might be just that. I think these two teams matchup very well and it could come down to the wire.

Malvern 28

Ashdown 21

Fountain Lake (3-2) (1-1) @ Arkadelphia (2-3) (1-1)

The Cobras lost a hard fought, 1 point game at Nashville. Even with the loss I feel like the Cobras made a statement that they can play with anyone in 4A. It will be interesting to see how they bounce back in a tough road game at Arkadelphia. The Badgers are never easy to defeat at home and you can bet they will be coming into this game expecting to win. Last year this game was an overtime thriller that Arkadelphia was able to win at Fountain Lake. Defeating the Cobras this season is a much tougher task.

Fountain Lake 28

Arkadelphia 14

Mena (1-4) (0-2) @ Bauxite (0-5) (0-2)

Both teams are in need of a win in a bad way. The Bearcats have had strong defensive performances against Ashdown and Malvern but they are struggling to score points. The Miners are trying to overcome their lack of depth but the further we get in the season the tougher it is going to get.

Mena 35

Bauxite 14

Nashville (5-0) (2-0) @ Waldron (0-5) (0-2)

The Scrappers found a way to win ugly Friday night. The offense had a hard time getting into a rhythm against a stout Cobra defense. However the Nashville defense had a very strong showing only allowing 10 points and holding Fountain Lake to 95 yards rushing. Waldron continues to show improvement but this is a game that they will just be glad to get through without injuries. Their shot at a win is only a few weeks away.

Nashville 56

Waldron 7

Feel free to post your predictions, thoughts, and insight on all of these games.

FBfan79

Looks good Hawgfan.  The conference may start alligning for playoff positions tonight. 

FootBallar21

looks good,  how many teams from 7-4A make the playoffs this year ?

hawgfan15

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 09, 2015, 03:35:39 pm
looks good,  how many teams from 7-4A make the playoffs this year ?

5, every conference gets 5 in these days

FootBallar21

Ok, thanks I couldn't remember if it was still half got 4, and half got 5 or what it was exactly.      That should give Mena a shot to possibly sneak into that 5th spot , as the defense continues to play strong and hopefully they can start to show something on the offensive side of the ball.     

hawgfan15

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 09, 2015, 03:55:00 pm
Ok, thanks I couldn't remember if it was still half got 4, and half got 5 or what it was exactly.      That should give Mena a shot to possibly sneak into that 5th spot , as the defense continues to play strong and hopefully they can start to show something on the offensive side of the ball.   

Mena is going to have to beat Nashville, Fountain Lake, or Arkadelphia to get in. Arkie is their best shot

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas