• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gravette @ Pea Ridge

Started by prHOG13, October 03, 2015, 11:28:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prHOG13

Pea Ridge coasting right now through 5 games. This will be the first real physical test this season and a game that is important for playoff seeding for both teams with the big Shiloh/Prairie Grove game this weekend. Gravette has the size advantage, but I think Pea Ridge has the skill players to win this one fairly comfortably, especially at home.

Zaine Holley has had some big, big games the last two weeks with over 500 yards and 9 TD's on the ground. Pea Ridge's young sophomores are playing with more confidence and poise, and big Ferg on the OL should be back this week.

Pea Ridge 42 
Gravette 21

$aintMaximu$

I have Pea Ridge by 21 as well... Sounds like a young talented team that is putting up a lot of points...   I think PR is going to continue to do well...

prHOG13

Pea Ridge just didn't come out ready to play. Ultra conservative play calling didn't help. Gravette wins 22-12.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on October 09, 2015, 09:35:05 pm
Pea Ridge just didn't come out ready to play. Ultra conservative play calling didn't help. Gravette wins 22-12.

This one surprises me as much as the beat down we just took....

prHOG13

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 09, 2015, 10:32:29 pm

same here. Think Pea Ridge just came out expecting to get the win. We kept trying to run between the tackles which confused me considering Gravettes size on the interior lines.  Gravette played clock control. They had a 9 minute drive to open the game that didn't result in any points. It was a battle of field position for the rest of the first half, with Pea Ridge snapping it over the punters head and out of the end zone just before the half. Pea Ridge took a lead 6-2 but missed the XP. Seemed like every time PR got some momentum going, they did something to take the wind out of their sails. Lot's of dropped passes, very poor tackling, etc. No time to pout, because its their turn to take on Prairie Grove for homecoming next week.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on October 09, 2015, 10:37:23 pm
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 09, 2015, 10:32:29 pm

same here. Think Pea Ridge just came out expecting to get the win. We kept trying to run between the tackles which confused me considering Gravettes size on the interior lines.  Gravette played clock control. They had a 9 minute drive to open the game that didn't result in any points. It was a battle of field position for the rest of the first half, with Pea Ridge snapping it over the punters head and out of the end zone just before the half. Pea Ridge took a lead 6-2 but missed the XP. Seemed like every time PR got some momentum going, they did something to take the wind out of their sails. Lot's of dropped passes, very poor tackling, etc. No time to pout, because its their turn to take on Prairie Grove for homecoming next week.

PG was much bigger than Shiloh and we got beat at every position... Not the PG team I have been watching on PGTelco.  To me if you line this PG team up against Huntsville it's a 28 advantage at the half not 6...  They really made us look small and PG does have a lot of speed...   They are going to do very well...

LION Dad

Gravette came out and took care of business played much better than the week before but pr is also no where close to what pg is

Lumberjackfan1978

I was surprised by both of these scores but especially the Shiloh score

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas