• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

School bus accident

Started by secthumper, October 03, 2015, 02:52:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

panthers fan

Prayers for the families involved from Ashdown.

Jacketman65

Quote from: HeberFan on October 05, 2015, 07:33:52 am
Quote from: phdefense on October 05, 2015, 12:06:49 am
Quote from: Vtown04 on October 04, 2015, 11:16:59 pm
I can assure you the driver did not swerve to miss.  He did exactly as he should have keeping it as straight as possible.  Had he swerved the bus would have more than likely flipped.  So he actually ensured a best case scenario given the situation.
I do not want to be "that guy", but I have seen the pictures. A deer traveling at maximum velocity is not going to have enough force to alter the trajectory of something with the mass of a bus and certainly not do that amount of damage. I have been praying along with everyone else and am concerned for those involved, but please do not insult our intelligence with your assurances. Something else had to have happened other than "deer".

I assume you are an experienced law enforcement crash investigator? You have no idea what happened. The bus occupants do. This thread has been filled with amazing people offering prayers and support for kids at Heber Springs who are suffering this morning. We deeply appreciate it.
It just amazes me that some folks are still worried about the stupid deer and the damaged bus, it won't be long and they will be talking about the game.  However, I would expect this from where it is coming from!  Sorry to hear of yet another accident and certainly hope that this young man will be OK as well as the other seriously injured team mate of his.  Also, lets not forget the other injured as well as their families!        God Bless!!!!

mr.b@sc

Prayers for the injured players....also prayers for the idiots that are analyzing the accident on this thread..

secthumper

Thanks to all of you across our beloved state who have given your time and prayers to the Heber Springs Panther football family. As a former alumni the response has been overwhelming!  God Bless all of you on this board.

Jacketman65

Quote from: mr.b@sc on October 05, 2015, 03:05:56 pm
Prayers for the injured players....also prayers for the idiots that are analyzing the accident on this thread..
+1

BryanM67

Hoping for a speedy recovery for all who were injured.   There's a reason why I prefer travel on the freeway this time of year - deer tend to avoid crossing those four lane highways.  Now as for traveling on the dark 2-lane roads at night - that's when everyone needs to slow down a bit and stay alert (not in any way accusing the bus driver).  Just hoping for no more deer accidents.

Hootie

Texarkana_Piggie

Genoa and fluke are really pushing for s revamping of districts to keep these small teams from having to drive these long trips. They have a 4 1/2 trip this week. They filed an argument for redrawing conferences and the AAA dismissed it in less than 5 minutes.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on October 06, 2015, 06:27:11 pm
Genoa and fluke are really pushing for s revamping of districts to keep these small teams from having to drive these long trips. They have a 4 1/2 trip this week. They filed an argument for redrawing conferences and the AAA dismissed it in less than 5 minutes.

The excuse? Cant break up the new rivalries of Glen rose and prescott...Haskell and the other two etc...

LakeRat

Additional details on the accident.

http://www.thesuntimes.com/article/20151006/NEWS/151009779

Thanks to all for the prayers and support from across Arkansas and beyond poured out for the Panthers!!

Lions84

Any Updates??? How is those kids doing???

Dayton Kitchens

After seeing some pictures of the bus,   I think the front frame of the bus is what I call "over cut".   I'm sure it has another name. 

That is the frame of the bus begins rising from the front wheels going forward to the flat nose of the bus.    This design feature is to help prevent the forward structure of the bus from scrapping the ground (or mainly pavement) when for example entering and exiting parking lots.

This design feature might've been a major factor in the deer striking and damaging the steering gear.   Lowering the front bumper of future travel buses might be well worth considering.

LakeRat

Quote from: Lions84 on October 07, 2015, 10:14:06 am
Any Updates??? How is those kids doing???

Continuing to recover... The one critically injured has moved from ICU to a regular room.

nuttinbuthogs

Wow! I don't think anyone here is blaming anyone for the accident, except the deer and perhaps the fact that these coaches were on the road late after a ball game .  My suggestions was just a "wondering" of what happened, not a accusation of fault. I do know that some schools provide regular route drivers for their teams while others have the coaches do the driving.  Maybe all schools should have the extra duty of driving taken off the hands of the coaches.  Again, not an accusation, just a thought. 
As far as the swerving to avoid the deer, if they did or didn't I would just figure that a human reflex certainly not a fault. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas