• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

School bus accident

Started by secthumper, October 03, 2015, 02:52:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

secthumper

Just saw photos of a very bad school bus accident near Rosebud involving football players from Heber Springs...apparently they were on the way home from Stuttgart and a deer ran out in front of the bus...there are multiple injuries to several players and one was airlifted to Arkansas Children's Hospital...please pray for the players and their families that were in this accident.

SouthernerPride

Prayers from Southside to all players, coaches, faculty, and family involved!

dang deer..

AirWarren

Quote from: secthumper on October 03, 2015, 02:52:16 am
Just saw photos of a very bad school bus accident near Rosebud involving football players from Heber Springs...apparently they were on the way home from Stuttgart and a deer ran out in front of the bus...there are multiple injuries to several players and one was airlifted to Arkansas Children's Hospital...please pray for the players and their families that were in this accident.

Oh man. Prayers.

bigblue89

Rampage72501

Just talked with a dad of one of the players.  His son was riding with his mom and is okay.  He did say one of the players is in serious condition with bleeding on the brain...just had surgery.

So scary.  Prayers for all involved.

hogdiggity

Prayers for these kids and their families

NEA Razorback olfan

Texarkana_Piggie

oh my goodness!  praying for all involved.

SUGARTOWN

Wow, that's terrible. Deer in the road are always a fear of mine when traveling this time of year. Prayers from LR.

Dayton Kitchens

October 03, 2015, 08:33:29 am #9 Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 08:36:57 am by Dayton Kitchens
Prayers from Augusta

Don't understand though how hitting a deer can cause a significant bus accident.   The front of most travel buses are incredibly tough.    In 2008 while returning from a first round playoff game at Johnson County Westside,   the Strong team bus hit and killed an enormous 12 point buck.    One of the largest deer I've seen in my life.   

The bus was barely scratched.

LJ06

Almost hit two on the way home from SC late last night. Had to lock in the brakes on one of em. Bucks start getting really stupid this time of year. Bad deal for Heber. I hate for anyone to get hurt, but especially kids man. Prayers for Heber!

Jack1990

Many prayers going up for Heber Springs from Warren

ljmom

Prayers for full recovery for all that are injured!

HeberFan

Thank you guys. Tough times here this morning.

mr.b@sc

Frosty

phdefense

Praying hard from Stuttgart.

LakeRat

Update I read stated the one player air-lifted to Little Rock is stable and the bleeding on the brain has reduced. Also has a broken jaw & pelvis. Others injured were minor and doing ok.

Little shocked... had two kids on the band bus that made it home safe and just learning of the players bus accident this morning.

EagleForLife12

Man that's a bad deal, dog gone bucks are almost unavoidable at this time of year, I can just imagine trying to avoid them on a bus.
Prayers from Crossett

beach bum

This is terrible. That kid injured very badly will be in quite a recovery the next 6 months to year but hopefully his condition continues to progress positively. That is horrible to see anybody go through that. And I even feel for the bus driver. I imagine he is feeling a ton of guilt this morning.... just a bad deal all around.

Jayepea

On the field is part of it, but the bus ride  :'( prayers from Bigelow.

davglo35

Hope the young man is ok and makes a full recovery!  Bus driver may have tried to avoid hitting the deer and lost control. Dont know anything just speculating. Trying to avoid hitting the deer is instinctive and almost everyone would do it. In a big vehicle like a bus you are probably better off just plowing into the animal.

mtindian42

bulldoghistorian

Superjack45

We pray mercy and grace for everyone involved in the accident from Lumberjack country. Whom ever was ever hurt or injured we most definitely will be lifting you up in prayer.

bigchief72455

Bugs Bunny

HeberFan

Your prayers are coveted, thanks to everyone. Tough day here in Cleburne County, but, God is still in control and on His throne.

THE D.O.C

dc24

Prayers from Warren/Jonesboro.

Jacketman65

Clinton has you guys in our thoughts and prayers!  Hope and pray that all involved pull through in a timely manner!

prHOG13

praying for a speedy and full recovery from Pea Ridge

Qfan46

george7244

Bobcats1985

Bulldog92

arklasports57

Prayers to all. Hope to hear positive updates

LizardAlum10

Billie Blue

Trojanbird

Praying for all involved here in Stuttgart!

WPWells

Wow. I was gone for the weekend and am just now seeing this. Major prayers for all involved

Lions84

Prayers sent from the Delta.

NUPErman

Prayers from Helena-West Helena

Big Country

nuttinbuthogs

I wondered why the deer caused such an accident, but my guess is that the driver on instinct tried to avoid the deer, possibly because it ran out in front of the bus or he saw it at the last moment.  Yeah, just run the bloody deer down.  Late night, dark roads, tired drivers?  Glad to hear the kids will all heal.

HeberFan

October 04, 2015, 10:44:31 pm #45 Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 10:48:46 pm by HeberFan
Another of our players injured tonight in a separate accident. Airlifted to Little Rock.

bulldoghistorian

Vtown04

I can assure you the driver did not swerve to miss.  He did exactly as he should have keeping it as straight as possible.  Had he swerved the bus would have more than likely flipped.  So he actually ensured a best case scenario given the situation.

HeberFan

Quote from: phdefense on October 05, 2015, 12:06:49 am
Quote from: Vtown04 on October 04, 2015, 11:16:59 pm
I can assure you the driver did not swerve to miss.  He did exactly as he should have keeping it as straight as possible.  Had he swerved the bus would have more than likely flipped.  So he actually ensured a best case scenario given the situation.
I do not want to be "that guy", but I have seen the pictures. A deer traveling at maximum velocity is not going to have enough force to alter the trajectory of something with the mass of a bus and certainly not do that amount of damage. I have been praying along with everyone else and am concerned for those involved, but please do not insult our intelligence with your assurances. Something else had to have happened other than "deer".

I assume you are an experienced law enforcement crash investigator? You have no idea what happened. The bus occupants do. This thread has been filled with amazing people offering prayers and support for kids at Heber Springs who are suffering this morning. We deeply appreciate it.

ogar_hog

From the Heber paper:

"Player is in serious but stable condition, expected to be in the hospital two weeks".  It also states the deer went under the bus and damaged the steering column. 

So can we stop with the "what the driver should have done" type stuff.  Are you a bus driver?  Have you taken the responsibility of children's lives in your hand, while behind the wheel?   I have.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas