• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malvern @ Ashdown

Started by Bigredhog1971, October 03, 2015, 01:21:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Malvern
14 (58.3%)
Ashdown
10 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 01:23:16 am

Bigredhog1971

Should be a good game.Thoughts??Predictions???

polksalet

Malvern will cheat their way to victory as everyone does who plays the painters.

hawgfan15

Big opportunity for Ashdown to show if they are ready to contend or not.

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: polksalet on October 03, 2015, 08:26:29 am
Malvern will cheat their way to victory as everyone does who plays the painters.
Not this week we are waiting to come to Nashville to get cheated.

~WPS~

Quote from: Bigredhog1971 on October 03, 2015, 11:17:56 am
You may continue to think you get cheated in Nashville, but in reality Ashdown has beaten Nashville the same amount of times at each place in the last 55 years, 8 times at each place.

Do you get cheated at home too? If so, that has to suck.

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 03, 2015, 11:25:46 am
Quote from: Bigredhog1971 on October 03, 2015, 11:17:56 am
You may continue to think you get cheated in Nashville, but in reality Ashdown has beaten Nashville the same amount of times at each place in the last 55 years, 8 times at each place.

Do you get cheated at home too? If so, that has to suck.
I don't think we get cheated anywhere I was just responding to a dumb comment with my own.

polksalet

Couple years ago I coached per wee basketball and we played a game at trashy. Their parents were griping about the cheating refs. Their kids wouldn't shake our kids hands and one elbowed me in the ribs.

Cheating Nashville refs!!!!

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: polksalet on October 03, 2015, 11:52:00 am
Couple years ago I coached per wee basketball and we played a game at trashy. Their parents were griping about the cheating refs. Their kids wouldn't shake our kids hands and one elbowed me in the ribs.

Cheating Nashville refs!!!!
What does that have to do with a football game?One time I was at the Exxon in nastyville and three Nashville people was rude to me.Dang rude Nashville people.

Bigredhog1971

I think this will be close game and could go either way.

THE D.O.C

Malvern's offense vs Ashdown's defense is where this game will be determined. Malvern have been playing without a couple key players.

hawgfan15

Will those key guys be back soon?

I feel like this will be a close low scoring game, maybe in the 20's.

Scooter2121

This should be a close game with a slight edge to Malvern.

paraloma

There may be a record crowd on hand tonight. Lots of folks want to pray, lots of folks want to see the sideshow that's amplified this week. Nashville has a bye, so their fans will probably be there too...

FBfan79

Will someone be posting updates for this one?  This should be a good one.  Don't know who to pick here.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: paraloma on October 09, 2015, 08:25:41 am
There may be a record crowd on hand tonight. Lots of folks want to pray, lots of folks want to see the sideshow that's amplified this week. Nashville has a bye, so their fans will probably be there too...

Why did they pick out Ashdown to make a big deal out of the prayer thing? We have a prayer before every home game at Stuttgart, always have.

panthers fan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 09, 2015, 09:09:02 am
Quote from: paraloma on October 09, 2015, 08:25:41 am

Why did they pick out Ashdown to make a big deal out of the prayer thing? We have a prayer before every home game at Stuttgart, always have.

My understanding is an atheist student turned in a teacher for leading prayer and a atheist group from Wisconsin sent a letter to the school about suing if they didn't stop. The prayer before the game has always been given from a different Pastor each week. This past week prayer was student led on the field with the football team, band, Bauxite football team and even the referees came out there. Pretty cool to see as a parent of a Ashdown students. All schools should be on guard and stand firm.

SUGARTOWN

Ours has been led by a cheerleader or other student for years. I'm all for freedom of religion (all kinds), but it looks to me like nobody is FORCING anyone to pray here, if they don't like then don't participate in the prayer. Simple solution.

hogdiggity

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 09, 2015, 09:59:17 am
Ours has been led by a cheerleader or other student for years. I'm all for freedom of religion (all kinds), but it looks to me like nobody is FORCING anyone to pray here, if they don't like then don't participate in the prayer. Simple solution.

unfortunately when these groups get involved nothing is simple.  Nobody wins but lawyers.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hogdiggity on October 09, 2015, 10:08:38 am

unfortunately when these groups get involved nothing is simple.  Nobody wins but lawyers.

It's simple solution for rational people is what I should've said...

hogdiggity

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 09, 2015, 10:19:02 am

I agree 100%, usually this comes from someone looking for some attention.  We have had pregame prayer for at least 40 years that I can remember, I am sure it is longer than that.

I guess I am simple but if someone is saying something you don't like or agree with just don't listen, do your own thing.

panthers fan

October 09, 2015, 10:53:59 am #20 Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:19:13 am by panthers fan
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 09, 2015, 10:19:02 am

I agree it should be simple. This same group had on their Facebook page that they were calling for a National Day of Reasoning to combat the National Day of Prayer. If you choose not to pray then do something else. I have never understood why people that do not believe in God get upset with the people that choose to believe.

I look forward to the game. Malvern is always a tough game. I think Ashdown takes a close one.

polksalet

Ashdown and Russia are now the good guys. It's a crazy world.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: polksalet on October 09, 2015, 12:55:22 pm
Ashdown and Russia are now the good guys. It's a crazy world.
It's crazy when people do nothing. This is a very serious issue that could become something worse if you don't take a stand. The law prevails and that's what's  used to "organizers" advantage.

hogdiggity

I believe every major network is in town for tonight.  No matter what happens I just hope people are respectful enough to allow the SRs to be recognized on SR night without some sort of protests or distractions. 

~WPS~

Tied at 14
5 min 4th quarter

~WPS~

Malvern holds Ashdown on downs.

4:05 left

~WPS~

Ashdown recovers a fumble at Malvern 45

3 min left

~WPS~

Ashdown 1&10 at the 13

34 seconds left

hawgfan15

~WPS~

13 yard TD Ashdown
2 pt. conv. No good

Ashdown 20
Malvern 14

16 seconds left

FBfan79

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 09, 2015, 09:11:29 pm
13 yard TD Ashdown
2 pt. conv. No good

Ashdown 20
Malvern 14
[/quote

Yikes]

hawgfan15

~WPS~

Ashdown gets to come to Nashville and have their dreams crushed.

~WPS~

Malvern returns the kickoff to midfield. No time left. Ashdown called for personal foul. Malvern ball at the 35. 1 play.

~WPS~

Ashdown picks off the pass in the endzone.

Ashdown 20-14
Final

hawgfan15

Sounds like this was a great game!

The stage is set for next Friday  ;D

FBfan79

Thanks for the update.  Should be a good one next week.

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 09, 2015, 09:12:47 pm
Ashdown gets to come to Nashville and have their dreams crushed.
Might be Nashville getting their dreams crushed!!!

hawgfan15

Ashdown better put 9 in the box next week.

scrapdawgof06

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 09, 2015, 09:25:08 pm
But Lieutenant Dan, that would leave the over the top open

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: scrapdawgof06 on October 09, 2015, 11:15:29 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 09, 2015, 09:25:08 pm
But Lieutenant Dan, that would leave the over the top open
Good luck with that!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas