• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crossett @ DeWitt

Started by Sports Guru, October 02, 2015, 09:46:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sports Guru

green-eagle

Crossett did quite well against the run in their game with Dumas. Now it appear Dewitt was quite successful with their running game.... So except Dewitt to run..,

I really dont think dewitt can shutdown Crossett offense...,

Sports Guru

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Eaglemaniac

Don't get too bold with your predictions. DeWitt is much improved over last season. I expect a close game.

Sports Guru

Crossett should pull it out

b.r.93

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

October 03, 2015, 08:17:27 am #7 Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 12:23:40 pm by RAZORBACK FOOTBALL
Dewitt has a god run game and some hard nose gritty players I look for this to be close with the Dragons winning by 7.

Sports Guru

Dewitt blew a 19-0 lead over Dollarway?!

EagleForLife12

Does anyone know if Dewitt's QB is back, he gave us problems on the crossing routes last year.

7dogs

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on October 05, 2015, 11:18:44 am
Does anyone know if Dewitt's QB is back, he gave us problems on the crossing routes last year.

My understanding is that he may be out for the season, but even if not, I doubt he's back this week.

rdhill

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 02, 2015, 10:19:15 pm
Don't get too bold with your predictions. DeWitt is much improved over last season. I expect a close game.
I Agree my prediction is Crossett wins by at least 14 points but Dewitt runs for a century still leaving question marks.

Sports Guru

Quote from: rdhill on October 05, 2015, 12:12:18 pm
Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 02, 2015, 10:19:15 pm
I Agree my prediction is Crossett wins by at least 14 points but Dewitt runs for a century still leaving question marks.

If the Eagles defense plays like we did against Dumas we should be ok

Eaglemaniac

Crossett made a few adjustments on defensive line The last couple of weeks. Maybe last week they finally found the right combination. Sure miss those days when we had big bruising running backs. That's the one thing the offense is missing.

Sports Guru

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 05, 2015, 04:52:43 pm
Crossett made a few adjustments on defensive line The last couple of weeks. Maybe last week they finally found the right combination. Sure miss those days when we had big bruising running backs. That's the one thing the offense is missing.

Any info on Hamptons return

EagleForLife12

When we had them we didn't use them right, not even bruisers just good RB's period. ( Anthony Phillips, Orlando, Dominique J. , etc.) We haven't used any to there full potential since we had Cairo Pastel back in '07

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on October 05, 2015, 08:01:51 pm
When we had them we didn't use them right, not even bruisers just good RB's period. ( Anthony Phillips, Orlando, Dominique J. , etc.) We haven't used any to there full potential since we had Cairo Pastel back in '07

Back in my day we had power and speed at RB and used them well. Jesse Clark, Reedo Reed, Ronald Matheny, Wardell Herman, Lyndon Johnson, etc. We need a back like those guys to compliment the passing game. I say put Big Mike in backfield once in awhile and see what he can do!!

cuckoobird

Dewitt shocks the Eagles this week

EagleForLife12

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 05, 2015, 08:33:47 pm
Quote from: EagleForLife12 on October 05, 2015, 08:01:51 pm

Back in my day we had power and speed at RB and used them well. Jesse Clark, Reedo Reed, Ronald Matheny, Wardell Herman, Lyndon Johnson, etc. We need a back like those guys to compliment the passing game. I say put Big Mike in backfield once in awhile and see what he can do!!
Yea I was just thinking about recently since Offense has changed, and those along with Roderick Kidd where once in a generation backs and they haven't really come back this way other than Ray Charles maybe.

Sports Guru

Hootens has the Eagles as a 8 pt pick

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: green-eagle on October 02, 2015, 10:09:29 pm
Crossett did quite well against the run in their game with Dumas. Now it appear Dewitt was quite successful with their running game.... So except Dewitt to run..,

I think the question we all know is can Crossett shut Dewitts run game down, the DC for the Eagles has a big job planning for the Dragons run attack......Question is can Dewitt keep the Eagles defense on the field and eat the clock.. Could turn out for a 4th quarter showdown.   

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 07, 2015, 03:40:54 pm

I think the question we all know is can Crossett shut Dewitts run game down, the DC for the Eagles has a big job planning for the Dragons run attack......Question is can Dewitt keep the Eagles defense on the field and eat the clock.. Could turn out for a 4th quarter showdown.   
crossett can't stop a j.v. team from running. the question is can dewitt score as much as crossett. I say no.

green-eagle

Quote from: Oldman on October 07, 2015, 04:07:48 pm
Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 07, 2015, 03:40:54 pm

crossett can't stop a j.v. team from running. the question is can dewitt score as much as crossett. I say no.
I kind if believe the oldman on this one.... The Eagles defense did show up this past week... And again Dumas offense did hurt themselves in two miss snaps that resulted into two almost scoup and scores....

harry

Dewitt shut down Dollarways offense, so I am sure than Crossetts offense will be shut down. Dewitt should have beat Crossett last year at Crossett, only reason they didn't were some bad calls by the refs (not at home this time so don't expect the calls this time) and a fumble that your defense returned for a touchdown.

And yes Dewitts offense can put up some points, so they can outscore you!! I know the scoreboards final score is all that matters and by that measure we are 2-3, but if you talk to Stuttgart or Dollarway they know they were beat on the field, measure by the play on the field and Dewitt is a 4-1 team and will play like it this Friday night!!!! Homecoming dance will be enjoyed by all as we celebrate the victory over the Crossett Eagles!!!!!!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: harry on October 07, 2015, 07:34:38 pm
Dewitt shut down Dollarways offense, so I am sure than Crossetts offense will be shut down. Dewitt should have beat Crossett last year at Crossett, only reason they didn't were some bad calls by the refs (not at home this time so don't expect the calls this time) and a fumble that your defense returned for a touchdown.

And yes Dewitts offense can put up some points, so they can outscore you!! I know the scoreboards final score is all that matters and by that measure we are 2-3, but if you talk to Stuttgart or Dollarway they know they were beat on the field, measure by the play on the field and Dewitt is a 4-1 team and will play like it this Friday night!!!! Homecoming dance will be enjoyed by all as we celebrate the victory over the Crossett Eagles!!!!!!

The problem is that football games are 4 quarters. The Dragons only play 3 quarters...maybe this week you'll figure it.

Eaglemaniac

So you are saying ya'lls officials are getting a little something extra something in their paychecks this week? Must have underpaid them last week in the Dollarway game huh? 2nd half half melt down!

b.r.93

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 07, 2015, 07:48:29 pm

So you are saying ya'lls officials are getting a little something extra something in their paychecks this week? Must have underpaid them last week in the Dollarway game huh? 2nd half half melt down!
Here comes officials again....Man let them refs rest.....Yal got a fair team...just play ball.

bulldoghistorian

What is the quarterback situation over there at Dewitt??

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: b.r.93 on October 07, 2015, 08:03:11 pm

Here comes officials again....Man let them refs rest.....Yal got a fair team...just play ball.

Personally I don't give a flip about the officials. None are perfect. All make mistakes. But if you gonna spew Crap like you won't have your officials this year then I'm gonna run my mouth right back at them.

Let the conference assign the officials and you won't have to worry about complaints anymore.

b.r.93

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on October 07, 2015, 08:31:05 pm
The Kid that was the senior starter at qb and a really good pitcher is done for the year...but the qb now is pretty salty.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: b.r.93 on October 07, 2015, 08:34:54 pm
The Kid that was the senior starter at qb and a really good pitcher is done for the year...but the qb now is pretty salty.

Does the new QB still play defense?

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 07, 2015, 08:31:15 pm
Quote from: b.r.93 on October 07, 2015, 08:03:11 pm

Personally I don't give a flip about the officials. None are perfect. All make mistakes. But if you gonna spew Crap like you won't have your officials this year then I'm gonna run my mouth right back at them.

Let the conference assign the officials and you won't have to worry about complaints anymore.
Actually I think that is gona happen hopefully by next year.

b.r.93

October 07, 2015, 09:09:20 pm #33 Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:11:24 pm by b.r.93
Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 07, 2015, 08:50:25 pm
Quote from: b.r.93 on October 07, 2015, 08:34:54 pm

Does the new QB still play defense?
I am not for sure, but I think he did against Hbg.

EagleForLife12

Coulda Woulda Shoulda, there was bad calls on both ways that game, Our offense is light years ahead of where it was when we played yall last year. I'm not underestimating Dewitt but you talk a big talk for a team that has gave up 2 big leads already this season. Moral victories don't count because it sounds like that's what your speaking on. Coulda Woulda Shoulda been 4-1 but your not. Just let the game happen and then tall later.

cuckoobird

Dewitt is the moral victory capital of Arkansas

b.r.93

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 08, 2015, 09:47:06 am
Dewitt will upset some good teams this year.....have they played Stuttgart?

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: b.r.93 on October 08, 2015, 09:39:50 pm

Where have you been? They lost to Stuttgart in week 3.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 08, 2015, 10:01:48 pm

I don't believe their a bad team, but I don't think we will be 1 of the teams they upset either

b.r.93

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on October 08, 2015, 10:11:04 pm

I don't believe their a bad team, but I don't think we will be 1 of the teams they upset either
oh ok....no I think yal win.

cuckoobird

with all their starters playing. We softened them up for you guys in 8-4a play

b.r.93

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 09, 2015, 07:55:31 am

with all their starters playing. We softened them up for you guys in 8-4a play
Hamburg softened them up even more...now maybe Eagles can handle them...lol.

green-eagle

Crossett is keeping Dewitt in this game dropped TD pass and a fumble at fumble....

green-eagle

Well, its a game... Miscuse by the Eagles are hurting us.....but Dewitt has yet to taje fully advantage... Lucky us!

Sports Guru

Sports Guru

Sports Guru

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Wow!! Good win for Eagles I had it wrong

b.r.93

Eaglemaniac

Defense have up a couple of big runs on the 2 drives that DeWitt scored. The rest of the game was pretty much lights out for the Dragons on offense. Crossett shot themselves in the foot with penalties early in. The 8-4A race is tight one right now. Next couple of weeks will crucial for the top 5.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas