• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DOVER AT ROBINSON

Started by armchajrhog5, September 27, 2015, 01:38:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: RyanLR on October 02, 2015, 10:38:39 pm
This is the best Robinson team since I played in the 2000-2003 era with Nate Garner, Gary Anderson Jr, and those guys.

Which of these teams do you think is better, current or older ?

RyanLR

I think this team is better. We had a lot more size and our quarterback threw maybe 25 passes the whole year. Jim Eskola (Todd's dad) ran a more option style attack. A lot more team speed and Coach has integrated the old smashmouth style with a more modern passing attack because Brennan Johnson is so good. Hammonds is every bit a 4.3   though.

armchajrhog5

Great Job and all credit to Joe. T
Every bit as good and better than  as advertised .
No excuses for Dover ,they just got beat.
Speed of the game was at a whole different level .
The Robinson / Dardanelle game will be fun to watch.

riccoar

That Sophomore Nate Page is a beast on both sides of the ball.

RyanLR

hawgfan15

Hammonds and Page are the real deal. Johnson has really improved also. I am really looking forward to seeing what they can do against a good Dardanelle defense.

Mr. Mercer

Dardy is big and physical. Shut down everyone so far.. But so had Dover. Has competition helped those defensive numbers? Sure looks like it helped Dover. Guess we'll see in three weeks.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on October 04, 2015, 01:39:51 pm
Dardy is big and physical. Shut down everyone so far.. But so had Dover. Has competition helped those defensive numbers? Sure looks like it helped Dover. Guess we'll see in three weeks.

Wait let me get this right.... Are you comparing Dardanelle and Dover? Who is Dover?

LJ06

I had Dover figured to crumble when they actually played competition and they did.

AirWarren

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 04, 2015, 02:39:03 pm
Quote from: Mr. Mercer on October 04, 2015, 01:39:51 pm

Wait let me get this right.... Are you comparing Dardanelle and Dover? Who is Dover?

I saw some the highlights of this game. And that was the first time I have seen Dover at any point in my life. Heck, I still don't know their mascot or their team Colors. Even after watching the ff highlights!

marine

I feel like Robinson is way better than anyone thought. Dover turned the ball over 4 times in the first half. The only real weakness I saw was in the middle of their defence which gave up 150 yards to the Dover fullback. I will go with Robinson over Dardanelle. To many play makers on the team. And I believe that # 6 maybe the fastest player in 4a football with # 5 not far behind.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: marine on October 04, 2015, 04:28:36 pm
I feel like Robinson is way better than anyone thought. Dover turned the ball over 4 times in the first half. The only real weakness I saw was in the middle of their defence which gave up 150 yards to the Dover fullback. I will go with Robinson over Dardanelle. To many play makers on the team. And I believe that # 6 maybe the fastest player in 4a football with # 5 not far behind.
You must have missed the district and state track meets last year.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 04, 2015, 08:14:09 pm

He said "in 4A football", not track and field.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 04, 2015, 08:17:53 pm
Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 04, 2015, 08:14:09 pm

He said "in 4A football", not track and field.
I've seen it on the football field as well.

Mr. Mercer

Dardanelle had great team speed last year. Still have Kershner who can go, but overall there won't be many teams that can match Robinson's speed. In 4A that is.

thatoneguy

You must haven't Kershner run yet, because it would be a close call.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: thatoneguy on October 04, 2015, 08:49:14 pm
You must haven't Kershner run yet, because it would be a close call.

It's not just speed with Hammonds, he has moves that you just can't teach. Being the fastest guy on the field is great but it's not often you're asked to run straight down the field like in a track meet.

RyanLR

Hammonds reminds me a lot of Joe Adams in his elusiveness and just flat out top end speed. He's probably going to play receiver at Arkansas but man he looks good at tailback. I still think Gary Anderson Jr(son of the Arkansas great) at Robinson was faster because he caught Darren McFadden from behind coming all the way across the field. Gary ended up running track at Rice too.

AirWarren

Is the Nate Page kid a transfer in from PA as well? I know the Fells kid is and maybe a lineman?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on October 05, 2015, 07:06:56 am
Is the Nate Page kid a transfer in from PA as well? I know the Fells kid is and maybe a lineman?

Page is from Catholic.

riccoar

Quote from: AirWarren on October 05, 2015, 07:06:56 am
He did most of his schooling at Arkansas Baptist until last year, 9th grade, when he went to Catholic.  He started on Catholic's varsity football as a 9th grader.  He enrolled in public school this year at Robinson as he lives in that district.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas