• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DOVER AT ROBINSON

Started by armchajrhog5, September 27, 2015, 01:38:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

armchajrhog5

Dardanelle and Pottsville told us a lot about where they are out.
The Dover Robinson game will answer a bunch more questions.
Robinson has played really good competition and won easily and appears to gets better every week. They say this is their year.
They are getting rave reviews on the boards and  in the Little Rock press and TV stations .TJ Hammond is probably the highest profile player in the conference and everyone says he is the best back in the conference.[He will have to go some to be better than Kershner at Dardanelle]
This is all I know about them -Please Robinson fans or anyone  add  some detail about players and team to this.

Dover is still an unknown.They have played weak competition and the starters have seen very little action in the second halves. They return a lot from a conference runner up team from last year. They are very big and physical and will try and line up and smash mouth you all night. The O line lead by Beavers and D line lead by Fondren are both very good and love to hit. They  have decent  speed at the skill positions and a Jr. Fullback in Dale that will run over you. .Luke Price is the playmaker on  both sides of the ball.
This senior class is a very good one and most of them have been starting for 3 years.
The Jr. QB is very good and has added a passing attack to go with the running game.
The team weakness is defense  on the edge and the linebackers .
Dover will have to play perfect and catch a few breaks but I believe they will give Robinson a great game.
Keep it close and no telling what can happen at the end.

FBfan79

I'd like see this one.  Will it be streamed online? 

thatoneguy

This is a big time game for both teams! I sure wish i could be there to see this shootout. This will have playoff implications, as both teams try to notch not only their second win of conference and stay undefeated but  this will show who is the other real dominate team in the 4-4A...you know they get tired of hearing about Dardanelle. I think this will be a fantastic game to be at ,but i think Joe T pulls it off . Dover gives them the fight of their life, but they just cant quite get them. Robinson by 17!
what are yall thinking??

marine

Robinson has played nobody. And Dover is in the same boat. Dover takes this one by 3 TD's.

Apache4Life

dpatterson4

Joe T. Robinson wins big...to much team speed...Dover is big up front but Joe T. is solid on the D-line.  It will be an interesting game...Dover just don't have enough to keep up...Good luck Dover see you on Friday.

thatoneguy

Quote from: marine on September 27, 2015, 06:52:12 pm
Robinson has played nobody. And Dover is in the same boat. Dover takes this one by 3 TD's.
why such a large margin?? you must know something that we dont haha

dpatterson4

Quote from: thatoneguy on September 27, 2015, 08:56:24 pm
why such a large margin?? you must know something that we dont haha

I've seen both teams play...Trust Dover won't win by 3 TD's

AirWarren

You've lost your ever loving mind.

Mr. Mercer

Quote from: AirWarren on September 27, 2015, 09:11:48 pm

You've lost your ever loving mind.

Yea can't really come close to comparing those two schedules.  Dover played three bad 3A schools and probably the worst team in 4A.  Should be a good game, and make the conference race a little clearer. 

The Coach

If Robinson is still unphysical and undisciplined then they'll be in for a long tough battle. If they've gotten more physical and play disciplined football then they'll handle Dover by a couple scores atleast.

marine

I predict Robinson to finish 4th in conference. Not trying to anger anyone but thats the way it looks to me.

Burks

September 27, 2015, 10:38:47 pm #12 Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 10:41:17 pm by Burks
Robinson wins conference. They underachieved last season but what a difference a year makes. Senators by 21!

The Coach

Burks

Maybe? Who's stopping the Senators this year? Everyone will see, starting with Dover on Friday night.

thatoneguy

Quote from: Burks on September 27, 2015, 10:57:10 pm
Maybe? Who's stopping the Senators this year? Everyone will see, starting with Dover on Friday night.
Man I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself. Robinson is great team but very undisciplined. they'll beat Dover friday but after that they'll have 2 more tough games the rest of the year. the first they travel to Dardanelle, and the next one is when they  welcome the Apaches to town.  I see them beating Dover but losing to both Dardanelle and Pottsville, but i guess thats just me...

The Coach

September 27, 2015, 11:19:53 pm #16 Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:22:22 pm by The Coach

Plenty of teams can beat them

hawgfan15

Quote from: The Coach on September 27, 2015, 11:19:53 pm

Plenty of teams can beat them

I can think of at least 7 teams.

Burks

September 27, 2015, 11:33:00 pm #18 Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:36:45 pm by Burks
There may be plenty teams that can beat Senators but not in the 4-4A. I have said all summer the Senators would win this conference and I am sticking to it.

thatoneguy

Quote from: Burks on September 27, 2015, 11:33:00 pm
There may be plenty teams that can beat Senators but not in the 4-4A. I have said all summer the Senators would win this conference and I am sticking to it.
So Dover, Dardanelle and Pottsvile cant hang with the mighty Senators?

Gray lizard

I am picking Dover in this one.  I admit a lot of just cause I want to.  I have not seen Dover or Robinson, but I have seen Dardanelle and have to think they are the team to beat if you want the 4-4A.  Just want to think Dover will limit the big plays and control the game for a close win.

riccoar

Quote from: thatoneguy on September 27, 2015, 11:41:34 pm
Robinson I believe beats Dover.  I think this conference will come down to Robinson @ Dardanelle

Mr. Mercer

May I ask how Robinson is undisciplined?

MisterSneed

Quote from: thatoneguy on September 27, 2015, 11:41:34 pm

I don't think there is a question that Dover, Dardanelle, and Pottsville are good football teams.  Physical or not is irrelevant (i.e. Arkansas/Toledo)  The fact is Robinson has 5-6 key players this year they did not have last year.  As a River Valley resident, I have seen all three schools play. No school (including the 3 in question) can put the same amount of talent on the field this year.  Last year doesn't matter.  Will they have that many next year, who knows? Speed is hard to play with regardless of how "physical" you are.

Burks

September 28, 2015, 07:58:23 pm #24 Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:15:46 pm by Burks
We have all heard that Robinson is not physical enough, no discipline. My question i have for Dover, Dardanelle and Pottsville. Can you play in "space"? This is where the Senators will make you pay. Their skill people are elite athletes. Speed is the name of the game today much more than physicality. Just ask the Hogs.

beach bum

September 28, 2015, 08:53:19 pm #25 Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 09:33:13 pm by beach bum
Only have seen Dover on film against Cedarville and they looked really fundamentally sound as far as tackling, blocking and not making penalties but everyone has looked good against Cedarville (even ask 2A Mountainburg's RB). And obviously the Price kid and their FB ran really hard for Dover and like to play action off that run and go for the deep ball. If they eat up some clock and keep the mistakes away I think they stand a punchers chance. I know 2015 is not 2014 but you know Dover won't fear them with their win from last year against Robinson. All that being said, I think Dardy and Robinson are deciding the 4-4A.

I'll go with.... Senators 34 Pirates 20 in a grind.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Burks on September 28, 2015, 07:58:23 pm
We have all heard that Robinson is not physical enough, no discipline. My question i have for Dover, Dardanelle and Pottsville. Can you play in "space"? This is where the Senators will make you pay. Their skill people are elite athletes. Speed is the name of the game today much more than physicality. Just ask the Hogs.

Warren      2014
Booneville  2013
Stuttgart   2012

Physicality>Speed

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on September 29, 2015, 08:42:14 am

Warren      2014
Booneville  2013
Stuttgart   2012

Physicality>Speed

I will say that Robinson appears to be more physical than last year, probably not as much as those 3 teams listed above, but overall they have better skill position players than those teams.

Gray lizard

I have not seen Dover this year, but I have Dardanelle.  They will be plenty physical and speed will not be a problem for them either. Can they play in space?  Better worry about stopping the big rolling machine that will be headed toward the end zone.  They have what I like to call a beast set.  9 of the 11 on the offence will go over 250 lbs. 

Maynard G Krebs

Red Rover, Red Rover,
After half, Dover is over!

marine

Don't you guys disappear after friday.

WPWells

I think you're the one more likely to pull a disappearing act

The Coach

Dover may win but it'll be in a very close game and they have to hold the ball for long drives and score EVERYTIME they've got it.

Any game that gets to high 20's or more favors Robinson.

Superjack45

If you all think that JTR is not worthy you will see come Friday to much team speed reminds me of Dway at least on offense.

Legend

kennyboy

I can see both sides to this matchup' argument.  I think Robinson has more problems with people that run straight at them ... So I think that could be an issue.

I also think that if Dover gets in a track meet with Robinson, they'll get beat by 2 TDs. 

Robinson 24-20

Overdahill

Quote from: Superjack45 on September 30, 2015, 09:11:08 am
If you all think that JTR is not worthy you will see come Friday to much team speed reminds me of Dway at least on offense.

^^ Agreed. I think this is Joe T's year. The talent is there

Lumberjackfan1978

SUGARTOWN

Robinson up 33-0 late 2nd qtr

Looks like Robinson STILL hasn't played anybody. Lol

kennyboy

Wow... I didn't expect this...

riccoar

Gonna need a lot of crow for this thread. Robinson is for real

AirWarren

marine

I am gonna disappear now. Wow look out Dardanelle

prHOG13

anyone that doubted Robinson and a player like Hammonds is just foolish

They're legit

JohnBarleycorn

Burks

October 02, 2015, 09:18:53 pm #45 Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 09:30:12 pm by Burks
Senators are for real! Pottsville and Dardanelle will see too. 40-0 in 3rd when I went home.

P.S. SENATORS ARE VERY PHYSICAL!

RyanLR

Nice win by the Senators, although I was expecting Dover to score more than they did.

dpatterson4

The D-line for JTR was very good tonight gave Dover O-Line all the wanted..78 Jr.
64 freshman 71 Jr. 14 Sr.   

AirWarren

Robinson has as good as chance as anyone to win state this year. Loaded.

RyanLR

October 02, 2015, 10:38:39 pm #49 Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 10:56:59 pm by RyanLR
This is the best Robinson team since I played in the 2000-2003 era with Nate Garner, Gary Anderson Jr, and those guys. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas