• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 5 - Nashville vs Fountain Lake

Started by ~WPS~, September 25, 2015, 10:55:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

September 25, 2015, 10:55:08 pm Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 12:12:27 pm by Ballplayer1
Nashville Scrappers vs. Fountain Lake Cobras
Scrapper Stadium, Nashville, AR
October 2, 2015 @ 7:00 PM

Video:  http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/nashville-high-school-nashville-ar
Audio:  www.southwestarkansasradio.com

Nashville Scrappers
Head Coach: Mike Volarvich
Record at Nashville: 4-0 (1st Year)
2015 Record:  4-0
2015 Conf. Record:  1-0
Last Week:  Won @ Arkadelphia 49-28
Offense:  Multiple
Defense:  Multiple
2014 Record: 10-2
2014 Conf. Record: 6-1 (1st 7-4A)
2014 Playoffs: 1-1 (Quarterfinals)
Returning Starters:  8/5
Key Players:  QB Leonard Snell, RB Darius Hopkins, DL Billy Stewart, LB Terrell Grundy

Fountain Lake Cobras
Head Coach:  Tommy Gilleran
Record at Fountain Lake:  97-48-1 (14th Year)
2015 Record:  3-1
2015 Conf. Record:  1-0
Last Week:  Won vs. Waldron 54-14
Offense:  Wing T
Defense:  4-2
2014 Record:  6-4-1
2014 Conf. Record:  4-3 (T-4th)
2014 Playoffs:  0-1 (1st Round)
Returning Starters:  6/7
Key Players:  RB/LB Parker Ross, WB/LB J.T. McCoy, WR/DB Sam McNeely, RB/DB Chance Wilson

Series History
All-Time:  Nashville 12-1
Last 10 Games:  Nashville 9-1
Last Meeting:  Oct. 3, 2014 (Fountain Lake won 32-29)
Games Played at Nashville:  Nashville 8-0

Notes
Nashville (Spread) averages 397 rushing ypg. Ftn. Lake (Wing T) averages 274 rushing ypg.
Fountain Lake has attempted 10 passes through 4 games.
Fountain Lake beat Nashville for the first time last year.
Last year the teams played for the first time since 2007.
The teams first played November 8, 1996, Nashville won 49-7.

hawgfan15

Should be a great game. No way we overlook the Cobras this year.

polksalet

Let's see if we run a 3 man front next week. I bet we do.

FBfan79

Quote from: polksalet on September 26, 2015, 01:51:57 am

Ahh .. no worries.  FL might adopt a new type of offense.... trying to recreate this play on every down.

https://youtu.be/35TLx-pGGPU

fredcage

Fair warning for those wishing to video stream Nashville games.  The De Queen game was not streamed and the Arkadelphia stream was unwatchable because of slow buffering.  Was not on my end because I could watch other games. The replay is missing all but 5 min of the 2nd half.  Nashville should pull streaming until it can be worked out.

hawgfan15

Quote from: polksalet on September 26, 2015, 01:51:57 am

We are going to see what the coaches have learned from last season.

~WPS~

Through 4 games Nashville is averaging 397 rushing ypg and 126 passing ypg for a 523 total average.

~WPS~

hawgfan15

Over/Under: 20 passes combined Friday night

FBfan79

hawgfan15

OldScrap

Will our Scrappers start off this game as they did the game against Arkadelphia?

FBfan79

Quote from: OldScrap on September 26, 2015, 10:23:46 pm
Will our Scrappers start off this game as they did the game against Arkadelphia?

Yes

hawgfan15

Quote from: OldScrap on September 26, 2015, 10:23:46 pm

And the Dequeen game, and the Watson Chapel game. I can't explain why we come out flat on both sides of the ball but the bright spot is that the coaches make quick adjustments and we never look back.

-Mark-

Huge match-up this Friday night. Last year's game was probably one of the best games I've ever seen. I'm willing to bet this year's showdown will bring an equal level of excitement. I'm looking forward to seeing the Scrappers' facilities for the first time.

The game will be broadcast on 92.9 KVRE FM around central Arkansas and also streaming online (audio only) on www.KVRE.com.

cuckoobird

Taint vs the wing t =big time points from the opposition. Will taint outscore them?

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 28, 2015, 03:31:33 pm
Taint vs the wing t =big time points from the opposition. Will taint outscore them?

Big time points would be Warren hanging 55 points on the "broken machine" in week 2.

Fountain Lake scored 32 points on us last year. PG scored 32 points on us last year.

redeye819

Quote from: -Mark- on September 28, 2015, 02:34:06 pm
Huge match-up this Friday night. Last year's game was probably one of the best games I've ever seen. I'm willing to bet this year's showdown will bring an equal level of excitement. I'm looking forward to seeing the Scrappers' facilities for the first time.

The game will be broadcast on 92.9 KVRE FM around central Arkansas and also streaming online (audio only) on www.KVRE.com.
I think you will like the facilities, should be a great game. The intro music before the kickoff always gives goosebumps, and a I want to suit up feeling. Hope you have a safe trip and enjoy your visit.

-Mark-

I'll be bringing my wife with me along for the trip. Where are some good places to eat before the game?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: -Mark- on September 30, 2015, 10:48:35 am
I'll be bringing my wife with me along for the trip. Where are some good places to eat before the game?

Most any place in Hot Springs would be your best option.  :D

hawgfan15

Quote from: -Mark- on September 30, 2015, 10:48:35 am

If you enjoy Mexican restaurants then Poblanos is the best around.

intruder

Catfish, burgers, bbq on tailgate at practice field. You all are welcome

~WPS~

Yep the tailgate will be the place to eat Friday.

hawgfan15

Yep very true. Sounds like we are going to have some awesome football weather for it.

FBfan79

So is the new coach ready for some Wing T football?  Last year it seemed like the Nashville DB's weren't ready to tackle once Ross and co. got into the secondary.  Maybe they weren't expecting it.  Snell seems to be much improved though. Are the Scrappers at full speed as far as injuries?

hawgfan15

Quote from: FBfan79 on October 02, 2015, 07:59:33 am
So is the new coach ready for some Wing T football?  Last year it seemed like the Nashville DB's weren't ready to tackle once Ross and co. got into the secondary.  Maybe they weren't expecting it.  Snell seems to be much improved though. Are the Scrappers at full speed as far as injuries?

We will soon find out. I am anxious to see our approach tonight to the Wing T. Offensively we are a lot better right now then we were this time last year. Snell is going to look like a completely different player compared to the one you saw last year.  As far as injuries we have one starting WR out until the end of the regular season but for the most part we are pretty healthy.

How about the Cobras? Any injuries?

FBfan79

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 02, 2015, 08:54:28 am
Quote from: FBfan79 on October 02, 2015, 07:59:33 am

We will soon find out. I am anxious to see our approach tonight to the Wing T. Offensively we are a lot better right now then we were this time last year. Snell is going to look like a completely different player compared to the one you saw last year.  As far as injuries we have one starting WR out until the end of the regular season but for the most part we are pretty healthy.

How about the Cobras? Any injuries?

If the Scrappers shut down the run game,  we will see what the new QB can do as well as the Oline.  They might have to prove themselves tonight.  I think they have improved at the WR position though.  FL has also moved some players around on defense which I think will help.  As far as injuries,  I'm not sure.  I haven't heard of any but Mark could probably fill us in. 

hawgfan15

Yeah from what I have seen yall are better this year at WR. I hope we stop the run and force the pass. We have given up some plays in the secondary this year, very inexperienced group but I feel like they are getting a little better each week. We aren't playing guys both ways back there much yet. It helps that we have two really good DE's that are relentless pass rushers.

-Mark-

There are no injuries for the Cobras that I know of at this time. The past three games have all been mercy-rule (sportsmanship clock? still unsure on the PC terminology there) affairs that have allowed Fountain Lake to rest its starters more than most teams have probably been able to so far. Reports from practice indicate that the kids are pretty focused this week. It should be an exciting one down in southwest Arkansas tonight.

SUGARTOWN

^^^ The "sportsmanship rule", is the correct term but I still say mercy rule.

cuckoobird

I highly doubt there will be enforcement of the sportsmanship rule in this game tonight.

FL 49
Taint 42

JimBobApplesauce

Gonna be a good fight, but.....

SCRAPPERS by at least 2 TDs

hawgfan15

And Nashville comes out in a 4-4 defense

~WPS~

polksalet

polksalet

FBfan79

Safety!!! Cobras get the ball back!!  9-6 FL

FBfan79

Turner needs to get rid of the football..

FBfan79

FBfan79

FBfan79

FBfan79

hawgfan15

Fountain Lake has dominated time of possession. Deep ball hurt us early on.  Scrappers get the ball to start the half

FBfan79

FBfan79

FBfan79

FBfan79

October 02, 2015, 08:54:20 pm #46 Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:55:58 pm by FBfan79
Double ejection...

Turner for FL

~WPS~

FL is doing what they had to do to stay in this game, make Nashville play ugly.

whoknows

FBfan79

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas