• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren at Star City. Let's get it started.

Started by AirWarren, September 25, 2015, 10:34:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

September 27, 2015, 02:12:16 pm #100 Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:14:55 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: b.r.93 on September 27, 2015, 02:01:09 pm
All I hear is how yal played PA.....looks to me like they practiced on yal...putting 57 on yal in one half of a game....How can yal brag about that??

What's Hamburg got to brag about?

Let me help.
2001. 6 wins.
2002. 2 wins.
2003. 1 win.
2004. 3 wins.
2005. 6 wins.
2006. 7 wins.
2007. 5 wins.
2008. 2 wins.
2009. 5 wins.
2010. 3 wins.
2011. 3 wins.
2012. 6 wins.
2013. 9 wins.
2014. 8 wins.

Average that out, that's 4.6 wins per year since 2001.

No state championships.
Last conference title was 1997(congrats).
10-20 playoff record.
Since 2001, you're 1-13 against Warren.
Since 2001, warren has scored 524 to hamburg's 207. 
*records from FF archive for those who want to claim its recent history, all I have at hand.

I would mouth too if I were trying to get on Warren's level.

LJ06

Quote from: b.r.93 on September 27, 2015, 01:52:26 pm
If you mean dirty.....as they hit hard and play very aggressive then yea they real dirty.....For yals sake I hope Warren is as good as yal say....I think day of reckoning is coming.

Heard the same from you guys the past two years.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on September 27, 2015, 02:14:56 pm
Quote from: b.r.93 on September 27, 2015, 01:52:26 pm
If you mean dirty.....as they hit hard and play very aggressive then yea they real dirty.....For yals sake I hope Warren is as good as yal say....I think day of reckoning is coming.

Heard the same from you guys the past two years.

It's kind of sad at this point.

b.r.93

Here we go again with the past.....All those records will not help you this year....let's get back to the present.

Bowser54

Quote from: b.r.93 on September 27, 2015, 02:18:00 pm
Here we go again with the past.....All those records will not help you this year....let's get back to the present.

Sounds like you need to go ahead and start the Warren and Hamburg thread.

AirWarren

September 27, 2015, 02:20:22 pm #105 Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:23:43 pm by AirWarren

Ok. So you've posted your prediction on the SC/Warren game. You think SC is going to beat Warren. What else do you have about the SC/Warren game that you can add without yet again predicting a Hamburg beatdown of Warren? The present is Warren Vs. Star City. Not Warren vs Hamburg Troll.

green-eagle

Quote from: AirWarren on September 27, 2015, 02:12:16 pm
All I hear is how yal played PA.....looks to me like they practiced on yal...putting 57 on yal in one half of a game....How can yal brag about that??

Let me help.
2001. 6 wins.
2002. 2 wins.
2003. 1 win.
2004. 3 wins.
2005. 6 wins.
2006. 7 wins.
2007. 5 wins.
2008. 2 wins.
2009. 5 wins.
2010. 3 wins.
2011. 3 wins.
2012. 6 wins.
2013. 9 wins.
2014. 8 wins.

No state championships.
10-20 playoff record.
*records from FF archive for those who want to claim its recent history, all I have at hand.

now you know why Hamburg and Crossett cant get along....by playing warren, Crossett got to see #28 run! Score 36 on Warren and enjoyed some mightly fine burgers!!!!

AirWarren

Quote from: Bowser54 on September 27, 2015, 02:19:23 pm

Sounds like you need to go ahead and start the Warren and Hamburg thread.

Their last conference title was in 1997. I would be first in line to mouth the Kings if I were them too.

AirWarren

Quote from: green-eagle on September 27, 2015, 02:20:27 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on September 27, 2015, 02:12:16 pm

Let me help.
2001. 6 wins.
2002. 2 wins.
2003. 1 win.
2004. 3 wins.
2005. 6 wins.
2006. 7 wins.
2007. 5 wins.
2008. 2 wins.
2009. 5 wins.
2010. 3 wins.
2011. 3 wins.
2012. 6 wins.
2013. 9 wins.
2014. 8 wins.

No state championships.
10-20 playoff record.

now you know why Hamburg and Crossett cant get along....by playing warren, Crossett got to see #28 run! Score 36 on Warren and enjoyed some mightly fine burgers!!!!

He must be a Fountain Hill lackey who Hamburg had to pick up without say so.

Warren does have a good hamburger at the concession stand.

b.r.93

I love when yal run out of statistics and start insulting.......good fun.....lol.....and I did not get off sc warren...someone brought up Hamburg being dirty and Monticello jr.high fight......and I'm a troll??? ...ha ha ha

Superjack45

Quote from: b.r.93 on September 27, 2015, 02:36:08 pm
I love when yal run out of statistics and start insulting.......good fun.....lol.....and I did not get off sc warren...someone brought up Hamburg being dirty and Monticello jr.high fight......and I'm a troll??? ...ha ha ha
You are hilarious you and the Foote clan in Hamburg have been yelling Hambone is going to beat the Lumberjacks for years and it hasn't happen yet,if yall be quite you just might win one. if you don't do it this year you will be in trouble for at least the next 3 to 4.

Dogpound2010

I never said you all havent played a good defense by far PA has a dang good one but you all didnt start looking better until they pulled their starters out....

Dogpound2010

Are you starting some of the same ninth graders that lost to mcghee....

Superjack45

What you got CP and BDH? Tired of talking with the village idiot.

AirWarren

Quote from: Dogpound2010 on September 27, 2015, 03:26:43 pm
I never said you all havent played a good defense by far PA has a dang good one but you all didnt start looking better until they pulled their starters out....

We will see what you got Friday night.

Superjack45

Quote from: Dogpound2010 on September 27, 2015, 03:30:00 pm
Are you starting some of the same ninth graders that lost to mcghee....
No they are not if those 9th graders would have played in that scrimmage we wouldn't have lost, and if they played again they wouldn't lose Jr Jacks are a lot better than that scrimmage.

bulldoghistorian

Here is my take. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. There are so many keys for both teams, that if I listed them all, it would take forever lol. But if I had to pick three they would be.
Time of possession.
Stopping the run.
Secondary play!

bulldoghistorian

I think time of possession is the biggest one of all!

EagleForLife12

Quote from: AirWarren on September 27, 2015, 01:22:50 pm
Quote from: Bowser54 on September 27, 2015, 01:08:16 pm
Quote from: b.r.93 on September 27, 2015, 09:42:40 am
Havnt seen many this year....like I said the new fade is to just outscore....I do not think Warren will score 40 on all 84a  teams...Hamburg defense if injuries don't plague is a stout defense.....Time will tell.
Hamburg still plays dirty from what ive heard. They won't be able to stop Warren if they get thrown out...

Oh course they do. I believe the junior and senior group is the same thugs that had the big brawl in the JR high game with Monticello.
I'm anti-Hamburg just as much as anybody, but calling some kids Thugs just because they have a fight on a football field is a out of line. We had a bad brawl with Hamburg in '11 and it wasn't cause we were thugs or them either.

Superjack45

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on September 27, 2015, 03:50:34 pm
yeah I think you might be on to something but Secondary play is going to be very important also since SC throw quite a bit and so do we.

bulldoghistorian

True! And S C must find a way to stop 28 for Warren!

Superjack45

I think if we can stop the read option that yall run we might have a chance at winning this game but if we don't its going to be a long night.

bulldoghistorian

And I think we also must find a way to get pressure on your quarterback! If not, we could be in for a long night as well!

AirWarren

Thing about our Qb this year from last, he can tuck and run.

Romeo

I have a feeling this will be a breakout game for #13.

LAfootball fan

Anybody that plays Warren has to be concerned if they can score enough with their offense to keep up with Warren's offense - that is it in a nutshell.  When Warren has a good defense, then it just ramps up the difficulty in beating them.   I have been watching Warren play for over 14 years and their offense has been basically the same every year.  Stretch you with their wr's, get their rb in gaps with the read option, and if you somehow can cover all that, then let the qb keep it.   Your defense makes one mistake and it is not just a big play but a td.  You can make their offense look bad and think you got it figured out and then bam, out of nowhere you are watching one of their playmakers running for the end zone.

You have to keep Warren's offense off the field if you are going to have a chance.  You have to score when you get the opportunity if you want to keep up or you are going to have to be pretty good at playing from behind.    Warren's defense is young and can be exploited by the right system/team.   But the fact still remains that Warren is going to score on you no matter how good you think your defense is.   Bo just isolates your weaknesses against his strengths and hammers at them all game long.  You have to have a secondary that can tackle in space and have enough speed to keep everything in front of them.  Hard to do at this level.   You stack the box, Bo throws it over you and around you.  You spread out and Bo runs right at you.  To me you take away the running game and force the qb and wr to make plays.  Keep everything in front of you and hope for a turnover, penalty, or lost yardage play to give your defense a chance to get off the field.   Games that Warren has struggled in have been due to miscues with wr's dropping passes, qb overthrowing open receivers, etc.  Star City has a veteran team.  They have to play smart, not panic, and stick with their game plan.   They have to keep their head up if they get behind early and again, stick to their game plan.   They need to take advantage of every scoring opportunity.  If they get in a shootout I like Warren's chances.  Should be a good game and will be a fun one to watch. 

mr.b@sc

The headlines in the Lincoln Ledger will read: Star City won the super bowl last Friday night and Bo Hembree was seen wiping tears as he left The Bulldog stadium...Oh by the way this is the week that i hate Bo and his Lumberjacks..lol

Big Fan

Overdahill

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on September 27, 2015, 03:50:34 pm

For SC I would say the biggest one is to score more than 50

bulldoghistorian

AirWarren

Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 27, 2015, 07:16:58 pm
The headlines in the Lincoln Ledger will read: Star City won the super bowl last Friday night and Bo Hembree was seen wiping tears as he left The Bulldog stadium...Oh by the way this is the week that i hate Bo and his Lumberjacks..lol

Free Mcflurries and Free Simple Simon Calzones for everyone!

Sports Guru

Warren will beat Star City by at least 10 if not more I doubt City can even hold warren from scoring 50. Warren will win Conference and Possibly State Champs again. Hamburg does not play Warren for a bit but my prediction warren will score in the 50's there to.

b.r.93

LAfootball fan

I don't see Warren scoring 50 against Star City unless the bulldogs start fumbling or throwing interceptions.   I see a much tighter game in the 30's for both teams max.   Warren still is giving up too many easy scores to be comfortable with picking a lower score.  Star City is too talented to let the score get that far away from them this year. 

Star City should have the edge in experience with some highly talented players.  Warren just seems to have their number even when it appears Star City should be the better team.  Hard game to predict.  Does experience finally prevail or does the Warren mystique continue?  Either way I think this will be a very competitive game.  Looking forward to driving over and watching.

Superjack45

We will be glad to have you,as the late great P.E. would say (its sure to be a Barn Burner). Should be a good game I just hope Warren can compete.

b.r.93

September 28, 2015, 12:19:29 am #135 Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 04:02:29 am by b.r.93
I don't see Warren scoring 50 on S.C, Hbg, or Dway....Warren offense looks pretty good at times....defense is lacking from what I've seen.

dc24

We scored quite a few on the starters, they just scored a lot more.

LJ06

September 28, 2015, 05:01:31 am #137 Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 05:14:08 am by LJ06
In honor of this years game thought I'd bring back some memories for you pups.  Know your role and your welcome  ;).

Oh and we own the bullpups.  Only beaten us twice since 2000, shame shame.  Even all those preseason state championships cant hide that 2-13 record against Warren.

AirWarren

^ here's hoping to another route like that come Friday night :D

AirWarren

Quote from: dc24 on September 28, 2015, 01:06:43 am

We scored quite a few on the starters, they just scored a lot more.

Shhhhhh. It's the blind leading the blind in regard to this conversation.

Jimbo Morphis

Superjack45

Quote from: Oldman on September 28, 2015, 08:21:59 am
Quote from: Big Fan on September 27, 2015, 07:59:31 pm
Quote from: Superjack45 on September 27, 2015, 03:31:15 pm
Tired of talking with the village idiot.
Priceless
that brought you out of hiding, lol.
Yeah Oldman I thought that was funny myself but it's good to know he is alive and well.

cuckoobird

Bulldog92

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 26, 2015, 09:07:10 am
Warren may put up 60 on SC. Score will be 61-21
Hope this is as good as all your hometown predicitions, heck we might win!!

Bulldog92

September 28, 2015, 01:42:47 pm #144 Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:45:47 pm by Bulldog92
Quote from: LAfootball fan on September 27, 2015, 10:33:07 pm
I don't see Warren scoring 50 against Star City unless the bulldogs start fumbling or throwing interceptions.   I see a much tighter game in the 30's for both teams max.   Warren still is giving up too many easy scores to be comfortable with picking a lower score.  Star City is too talented to let the score get that far away from them this year. 

Star City should have the edge in experience with some highly talented players.  Warren just seems to have their number even when it appears Star City should be the better team.  Hard game to predict.  Does experience finally prevail or does the Warren mystique continue?  Either way I think this will be a very competitive game.  Looking forward to driving over and watching.
A lot of truth in that post. 

It's going to come down to how much the weakest part of each team gives up.  We are even in both WR's and Secondary, I give advantage to SC on Line play on both sides, running backs to Warren, Linbackers to Warren, QB to SC.  I am not saying that the other teams is bad, its just the way I see it.  Warren QB is talented, he can run and throw and is a big competitor but I am going with age and experience with the SC QB.  The one part of this game that no one is mentioning is Special Teams.  SC is going to have to not give up big returns on punts and kick offs and we haven't proven to be able to do that.  We have got to keep Warren from having a short field to work with!! 
I am not going to predict a score with this game but I will predict what "SHOULD BE" a great ballgame to watch. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Bulldog92 on September 28, 2015, 12:59:20 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 26, 2015, 09:07:10 am
Warren may put up 60 on SC. Score will be 61-21
Hope this is as good as all your hometown predicitions, heck we might win!!

I really don't care who wins, but if SC wins the entertainment level on here next week will be extremely high.

Superjack45

Quote from: Bulldog92 on September 28, 2015, 01:42:47 pm

It's going to come down to how much the weakest part of each team gives up.  We are even in both WR's and Secondary, I give advantage to SC on Line play on both sides, running backs to Warren, Linbackers to Warren, QB to SC.  I am not saying that the other teams is bad, its just the way I see it.  Warren QB is talented, he can run and throw and is a big competitor but I am going with age and experience with the SC QB.  The one part of this game that no one is mentioning is Special Teams.  SC is going to have to not give up big returns on punts and kick offs and we haven't proven to be able to do that.  We have got to keep Warren from having a short field to work with!! 
I am not going to predict a score with this game but I will predict what "SHOULD BE" a great ballgame to watch.
Yes there is a lot of validity to this but whom ever exploit the weakness of the other and by looking at SC I see some areas that can be weak and looking at Warren I see some weak areas also. It should be a good game as long as its called fairly.

LJ06

Jut hope the officiating is better than it was last week. It was a poorly called game for both sides last week in Warren.

Overdahill

September 28, 2015, 04:28:04 pm #148 Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 04:31:32 pm by Overdahill

It's going to come down to how much the weakest part of each team gives up.  We are even in both WR's and Secondary, I give advantage to SC on Line play on both sides, running backs to Warren, Linbackers to Warren, QB to SC.  I am not saying that the other teams is bad, its just the way I see it.  Warren QB is talented, he can run and throw and is a big competitor but I am going with age and experience with the SC QB.  The one part of this game that no one is mentioning is Special Teams.  SC is going to have to not give up big returns on punts and kick offs and we haven't proven to be able to do that.  We have got to keep Warren from having a short field to work with!!  h

I haven't seen SC this year but if you are even with Warren in receivers that is saying a mouthful. They had a young guy who has the D-1 look early. Reminded me of when I saw Broderick Green a a sophomore the first time

LJ06

Quote from: Overdahill on September 28, 2015, 04:28:04 pm

It's going to come down to how much the weakest part of each team gives up.  We are even in both WR's and Secondary, I give advantage to SC on Line play on both sides, running backs to Warren, Linbackers to Warren, QB to SC.  I am not saying that the other teams is bad, its just the way I see it.  Warren QB is talented, he can run and throw and is a big competitor but I am going with age and experience with the SC QB.  The one part of this game that no one is mentioning is Special Teams.  SC is going to have to not give up big returns on punts and kick offs and we haven't proven to be able to do that.  We have got to keep Warren from having a short field to work with!!  h

I haven't seen SC this year but if you are even with Warren in receivers that is saying a mouthful. They had a young guy who has the D-1 look early. Reminded me of when I saw Broderick Green a a sophomore the first time

If your talking about #13 he is a Freshmen.  Very good playmaker for us so far.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas