• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren at Star City. Let's get it started.

Started by AirWarren, September 25, 2015, 10:34:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

I hear star city has traded half price  Mcflurry's for awesome pizza at simple simon's.

With that said, warren heads to star city this week for an early conference game with big time implications on the conference championship and seeding in the playoffs.

Let's get it started!

FBfan79

CounterPunch

CounterPunch

Hard to gauge this game. I know that Warren is better than expected but they are giving up a lot of points. May be a shootout offensively. Hope it is an exciting game. Should be a great Friday night atmosphere nonetheless.

Jack1990

Right now looks to me like this will be a high scoring game. Expecting big numbers next week.

~WPS~

DWayAlumn2002

CounterPunch

CounterPunch

PA Dad

Superjack45

Gotta funny feeling about this on, don't know yet our secondary is suspect to me. I hope they get it together before they play Brown and his crew.

Maynard G Krebs

LJ06

Quote from: Superjack45 on September 25, 2015, 11:47:50 pm
Gotta funny feeling about this on, don't know yet our secondary is suspect to me. I hope they get it together before they play Brown and his crew.

Secondary has to learn to make some plays on the ball rather than waiting for the receiver to do so. Defensive line played great tonight though.

bulldoghistorian

I can not wait for next Friday night! It's going to be a great game!!!

LJ06

green-eagle

I dont think it will be that high... More like 42-14!!!!

green-eagle

Only thing that Star City has going for them in their effort to beat warren is.... That SC us playing them at home....

Seriously, Warren has some issues, such as stupid mistakes at the wrong time... Holding and etc....but this a game that could be won.

cuckoobird

b.r.93

Should be interesting.....S.city pulls it off......."at HOME"....if you know what I mean

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on September 25, 2015, 11:53:56 pm
Quote from: Superjack45 on September 25, 2015, 11:47:50 pm

Secondary has to learn to make some plays on the ball rather than waiting for the receiver to do so. Defensive line played great tonight though.

A couple of the long bombs, we had double and triple coverage. They haven't figured out how to make a play yet I don't guess. Lots of lack of awareness. However, each game is a learning process. Will only get better from here. I mean 60+ points again, wow.

b.r.93

That only means one thing.....Warren hasn't faced a Defense....You don't score that much on a good defense!

LJ06

Quote from: b.r.93 on September 26, 2015, 08:02:39 am
That only means one thing.....Warren hasn't faced a Defense....You don't score that much on a good defense!

PA has a good defense

AirWarren

Quote from: b.r.93 on September 26, 2015, 08:02:39 am

Uneducated post.

Explain 40 on PA?

b.r.93

Evidently not if yal scored that much on them....kinda like watching cinc.and memphis the other night both teams with lot of offense and no defense....that seems to be the trend lately. ...out score and forget defense???

AirWarren

They held highland park Texas to 13 points. Do some research on them.

You'll get your chance at Warren. About like all that noise Hamburg talked last year when the jacks put your all world quarterback on his back and out of the game. Then proceeded to leave cleat marks on the lion defense en route to a state title.

It's star city week big mouth. You'll get your chance in a few weeks.

b.r.93

So when someone disagrees with you....then you insult them?...maybe you are uneducated? Biggest mouth on fearless

AirWarren

Quote from: b.r.93 on September 26, 2015, 08:42:09 am
So when someone disagrees with you....then you insult them?...maybe you are uneducated? Biggest mouth on fearless

Well, when you make claims of PA having a bad defense, then yeah! Of course someone is going to think you're uneducated. No one in the state would agree with that. Nor would a top program in Texas.

b.r.93

Highland park not even best team in texarkana. ...much less a top Texas team.....and I don't care if it's NFL or d1 college if you score 50 on a team they have defensive problems.

Romeo

September 26, 2015, 08:53:40 am #28 Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 09:07:48 am by Romeo
Defense wins championships. Its as simple as that. Ive just never been a fan of these 65-50 type games. As Bret Bielema once said, you see teams now score 60 points and lose. Are you kidding me? Its Warren's defense that has gotten us to the state championship the last two years. With that said, we don't have the defense this year to make it back to Little Rock. I think our interior line and linebackers have improved, but we just give up too many big plays in the secondary. Our secondary is struggling so much that I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of freshmen in the secondary after the junior high season is over. There's no where on this planet that I would predict any team that has given up 41 points a game on defense a state title. Eventually, were just not going to be able to outscore every team we play.

Coach Hembree is an experimenter so I can understand what he was trying to do last night. He's know its a big game next week against Star City.

b.r.93

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

I think it's going to be close and home town cooking prevails victorious and Bo has his next meltdown.

Twinkle Town 38
Jacks 32

cuckoobird

Warren may put up 60 on SC. Score will be 61-21

AirWarren

Quote from: b.r.93 on September 26, 2015, 08:52:11 am
Highland park not even best team in texarkana. ...much less a top Texas team.....and I don't care if it's NFL or d1 college if you score 50 on a team they have defensive problems.

Highland park is in Dallas. Not Texarkana. Conversation over.

WPWells

I've got Star City by a touchdown but I could absolutely see it going either way

b.r.93

No matter where it is I stick with what I said.....you don't score 50 against good defenses....and my conversation over too.

AirWarren

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 26, 2015, 09:39:54 am
I've got Star City by a touchdown but I could absolutely see it going either way

It's only Saturday. I'll reserve my comments on this game until further notice.

CounterPunch

Warren has the same problems as Star City. We can score points but have problems against the forward pass.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on September 26, 2015, 09:53:38 am

Oooh, we can't wait! Lol

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: AirWarren on September 26, 2015, 09:53:38 am

AW I have a bad feeling there is gona be some magic in Twinkle Town Friday night. Just feel like this game is gona go down to the wire.

Superjack45

Warren will come to compete Friday so you all better be prepared to play 4 quarters. The defense will be ready, I hope they learned their lesson Friday night (secondary).

CounterPunch

Quote from: Superjack45 on September 26, 2015, 02:46:07 pm
Warren will come to compete Friday so you all better be prepared to play 4 quarters. The defense will be ready, I hope they learned their lesson Friday night (secondary).
Star City's passing game is much better than crossetts so they will test your secondary even more. Same goes for warren against our secondary. The team who has the best secondary play wins this game.

AirWarren

Good point. I personally think it's going to come down to time of possession. I don't know if warren wants to get in a shoutout with our young secondary. Be interesting to see how SC responds to our rushing attack.

CounterPunch

Quote from: AirWarren on September 26, 2015, 05:02:52 pm
Good point. I personally think it's going to come down to time of possession. I don't know if warren wants to get in a shoutout with our young secondary. Be interesting to see how SC responds to our rushing attack.
Im confident in our rush defense.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on September 26, 2015, 05:02:52 pm

Just about to say Warren has a far better rushing attack than SC. We may try to pound SC and control the clock like we did against Crossett.

AirWarren

And SC hasn't seen a back like Dennis Daniels. Or WR crew like we have.

Well....this year anyways :D

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on September 26, 2015, 05:10:07 pm
And SC hasn't seen a back like Dennis Daniels. Or WR crew like we have.

Well....this year anyways :D

Yes they have, Meadows from Lonoke. But of course they lost that game.

AirWarren

Lonoke suddenly doesn't look so impressive to me. They lost to heber.

b.r.93

Man you know a lot Airwarren....you must be super educated....heck you should be a espn analysis!

CounterPunch

I think Star City losing to Lonoke was the best thing that could happen to us. We look like we are hungry now.

AirWarren

Quote from: b.r.93 on September 26, 2015, 06:57:24 pm
Man you know a lot Airwarren....you must be super educated....heck you should be a espn analysis!

I thought you were through conversing with me?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas