• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12th Man's Numbers Never Lie Rankings - 4A

Started by WPWells, September 11, 2015, 11:05:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phdefense

Quote from: AirWarren on September 28, 2015, 02:31:35 pm
There she is. Couldn't help yourself could you? Like a dog in heat, chasing down my posts. Take note of what I do, consider you guys dead after the beat down and not post nothing toward the Stuttgart clown crusade.

*cue the rest of the clown crusade.
Awww does it not like getting called out.

AirWarren

Naw, like I said. It's cute you follow my posts like a dog in heat.

phdefense

Quote from: AirWarren on September 28, 2015, 02:41:59 pm
I follow nothing. I just made a mental note when I saw you crying to bring it back up once you had regained your confidence. 

armchajrhog5

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 28, 2015, 09:18:02 am
What has Gosnell done to warrant the #3 ranking? Serious question. My rankings have them #11

Just a gut feeling based off of what I saw from them last year and what they have done so far this year.
I think we will not really know either way till the Pokey game.

WPWells

Quote from: armchajrhog5 on September 28, 2015, 02:55:15 pm
What has Gosnell done to warrant the #3 ranking? Serious question. My rankings have them #11

Just a gut feeling based off of what I saw from them last year and what they have done so far this year.

What you saw from them last year? They lost in the second round.

GHS_08

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 28, 2015, 02:57:10 pm

Yep sure did. 7-6 to Arkadelphia.

SUGARTOWN

Well, you had Lonoke #2 8 days ago, so maybe his rankings are better than yours. Lol

beach bum

September 28, 2015, 03:08:23 pm #57 Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 03:17:15 pm by beach bum
I think GHS08 you have to understand. You come from a conference with no history of winning much in the playoffs. Its like the 1-4A which I support. Gravette has been to the semifinals once or twice in its history. Since Abshier took over at Prairie Grove they will go to the semifinals every 8 or 9 years (3 times) with a quarterfinal appearance sprinkled in between. No one else from the 1-4A goes deep. We have no history as a conference like yours. The 3-4A is the same way except with even less history. Just win and people will be impressed with Gosnell. I didn't count Shiloh's success but without them the 3-4A and 1-4A would be battling for who has the least history. Highland has the conferences only state title back over 30 years ago. Don't be so biased. People will follow when Gosnell wins if they are as good as you say.

cuckoobird

Well ole aTm fan had Southside beating the Ricebirds too.

AirWarren

Quote from: phdefense on September 28, 2015, 02:48:29 pm
I follow nothing. I just made a mental note when I saw you crying to bring it back up once you had regained your confidence. 

Here let's do it again. "Idiot".

Now, follow the post. This time, make the picture of a crying girl a gif. It will make me laugh at you more.

GHS_08

Quote from: beach bum on September 28, 2015, 03:08:23 pm
I think GHS08 you have to understand. You come from a conference with no history of winning much in the playoffs. Its like the 1-4A which I support. Gravette has been to the semifinals once or twice in its history. Since Abshier took over at Prairie Grove they will go to the semifinals every 8 or 9 years (3 times) with a quarterfinal appearance sprinkled in between. No one else from the 1-4A goes deep. The 3-4A is the same way except with even less history. Just win and people will be impressed with Gosnell. I didn't count Shiloh's success but without them the 3-4A and 1-4A would be battling for who has the least history. Highland has the conferences only state title back over 30 years ago. Don't be so biased. People will follow when Gosnell wins if they are as good as you say.

I'm not the one talking up Gosnell. I realize our conference is the weakest in the state and you can't really tell how good of a team you have until you get to the playoffs. That's why I don't have them in my top 10 right now.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on September 28, 2015, 03:16:51 pm

Now, follow the post. This time, make the picture of a crying girl a gif. It will make me laugh at you more.

Hey, let's keep this about football, I wouldn't want you to get another thread locked.

beach bum

My apologies.... its armchairhog who has them #3.

AirWarren

HA. Ok. While I find it flattering that you would take time to put me in your thoughts as usual, I wouldn't waste my time to get a thread locked on here. You and your clown crusade's own stupidity did a swell enough job of getting threads locked.

Now back to football. Continue talking to me if you must and feel like a winner by "getting your last word in." I was through talking Stuttgart several weeks ago now. The delta town is dead to me at this point.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on September 28, 2015, 03:26:41 pm
HA. Ok. While I find it flattering that you would take time to put me in your thoughts as usual, I wouldn't waste my time to get a thread locked on here. You and your clown crusade's own stupidity did a swell enough job of getting threads locked.

Now back to football. Continue talking to me if you must and feel like a winner by "getting your last word in." I was through talking Stuttgart several weeks ago now. The delta town is dead to me at this point.

Your posts say otherwise.  :)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 28, 2015, 03:20:27 pm

Hey, let's keep this about football, I wouldn't want you to get another thread locked.
you kids play nice or i'm gonna get out the ban hammer.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldman on September 28, 2015, 03:33:55 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 28, 2015, 03:20:27 pm

you kids play nice or i'm gonna get out the ban hammer.

I hear ya, AW should stop calling people names.  :'(

GHS_08

Quote from: beach bum on September 28, 2015, 03:24:49 pm

I will say this, the biggest factor in our loss to Arkadelphia last year, and the 29-25 loss to Star City in 2013 is depth. Gosnell on average had maybe 30 players on the roster and 7 or 8 starters playing both ways. And to the ones that say we schedule 3A teams in non conference, Rivercrest and Osceola are our longtime rivals from the old 3-3a South. Gosnells enrollment at the last reclassification was 318, only 38 more than Rivercrest.

phdefense

What coincidence I was laughing at the post where your were crying over a week before posting the picture. Just to illustrate how far behind you are in the game.

TBone70

I'm glad somebody else saw that, I was getting confused. He never mentioned they were #3. Thing get twisted real quick here.

bigchief72455

Gosnell has Blackman. Pocahontas has several offensive and defensive weapons. Pocahontas plays as ateam. Gosnell is centered on one player. Should be interesting to say the least.

GHS_08

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 28, 2015, 08:42:36 pm
Gosnell has Blackman. Pocahontas has several offensive and defensive weapons. Pocahontas plays as ateam. Gosnell is centered on one player. Should be interesting to say the least.

They have more than Blackman, but he is do dominant he just takes over the game. The difference this year is we don't have the passing threat of Dwight Griffin, although we have 2 athletic quarterbacks that will rotate in and they both can run it.

armchajrhog5

Quote from: GHS_08 on September 28, 2015, 02:58:23 pm

But they have not lost this year.
I like them because of how they played last year
and especially some of  the players they have coming back.
The game I saw them last year they looked like the best team I saw all year but that was just one game.
If they win at Pocahontas then we will know they are for real. If not then Pokey goes up in my rankings.

phdefense

Quote from: armchajrhog5 on September 29, 2015, 06:24:10 am

The game I saw them last year they looked like the best team I saw all year but that was just one game.
If they win at Pocahontas then we will know they are for real. If not then Pokey goes up in my rankings.
Just out of curiosity what has established Pocahontas as a real team, but not Gosnell? I am not saying they aren't. I just do not recall Pocahontas doing anything that makes them stand out from Gosnell.

GHS_08

Yes but this is not the same team as last year. We only return 8 starters I think.

GHS_08

Quote from: phdefense on September 29, 2015, 08:51:57 am

Just out of curiosity what has established Pocahontas as a real team, but not Gosnell? I am not saying they aren't. I just do not recall Pocahontas doing anything that makes them stand out from Gosnell.

Basically what he means is Pocahontas is the only good team on our schedule. I don't know about highland but they lost a lot of their offensive production.

polksalet

3 Dollar

bigchief72455

Unless some unseen circumstance arises the 3-4A championship and first round bye will be determined in the Pocahontas and Gosnell game. Both teams are equally matched but I give Pocahontas the edge in it. Not being bias. The Redskins just have a stronger and more potent offense and their defense is filled with skilled position players. If the defense can shut down Gosnell's ground game, which they have proven they can, the game will fall to the Redskins. I don't see this game being more than a touchdown's difference in the score.

RedMan

Quote from: GHS_08 on September 28, 2015, 09:44:35 pm

They have more than Blackman, but he is do dominant he just takes over the game. The difference this year is we don't have the passing threat of Dwight Griffin, although we have 2 athletic quarterbacks that will rotate in and they both can run it.
[/quot

Pocahontas to fast and deep for gosnell this year. Pocahontas beat gosnell last year with mostly sophomores. Now they are juniors and much stronger and faster. I honestly think Pocahontas will mercy rule gos this year.

GHS_08

Quote from: RedMan on October 03, 2015, 03:05:58 pm
Quote from: GHS_08 on September 28, 2015, 09:44:35 pm

Pocahontas to fast and deep for gosnell this year. Pocahontas beat gosnell last year with mostly sophomores. Now they are juniors and much stronger and faster. I honestly think Pocahontas will mercy rule gos this year.

We will see. I know pokey is good. Yes y'all beat us by 4 at your place last year.
It will be a dog fight but I don't see it being a blowout either way. Gosnell has dominated their opponents just like pokey, with most of the games being over by half time. Gosnell has more athletes than you think, and they have a big strong line on both sides of the ball.

polksalet

FBfan79

hawgfan15

AirWarren

Midway through the season. In my opinion, it's Dardanelle, Robinson's, Nashville's, and Warren's title to lose this year. These teams, again in my opinion, are beginning to separate themselves from the pack.

I can only speak for warren, but the defensive front, linebackers, and secondary looked exceptionally good this week.

hawgfan15

Quote from: AirWarren on October 04, 2015, 12:23:48 pm
Midway through the season. In my opinion, it's Dardanelle, Robinson's, Nashville's, and Warren's title to lose this year. These teams, again in my opinion, are beginning to separate themselves from the pack.

I can only speak for warren, but the defensive front, linebackers, and secondary looked exceptionally good this week.

I completely agree. Malvern/Fountain Lake might be able to make it a 5 team race, we will see.

Everyone has questions still to answer so it is wide open.

THE D.O.C

October 04, 2015, 01:52:36 pm #86 Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 03:47:31 pm by THE D.O.C
Most teams will start opening playbooks this week.

WPWells

Update through week 5:

1. Joe T. Robinson
2. Warren
3. Nashville
4. Shiloh Christian
5. Dardanelle
6. Hamburg
7. Malvern
8. Fountain Lake
9. Pocahontas
10. Prairie Grove

armchajrhog5

My GUESS-
1-Nashville
2-Dardanelle--GAME OF THE YEAR SHAPING UP BETWEEN-JOE T and The Lizards
3-Robinson
4-Gosnell
5-Warren
6-Hamburg
7-Star City
8-Pocahontas
9-PB Dollarway
10-Shiloh Christian

WPWells

Quote from: armchajrhog5 on October 05, 2015, 04:09:18 pm
My GUESS-
1-Nashville
2-Dardanelle--GAME OF THE YEAR SHAPING UP BETWEEN-JOE T and The Lizards
3-Robinson
4-Gosnell
5-Warren
6-Hamburg
7-Star City
8-Pocahontas
9-PB Dollarway
10-Shiloh Christian

It's a little bit of a slap in the face that you're putting an uninformed guess on my thread.

armchajrhog5

And I thought you would be sooooo happy that I dropped Gosnell down a notch

Just trying to participate and keep the banter going and

Not meant as a slap or insult but take it anyway you want it

I will probably lose sleep tonite worried that you feel it was meant as a slap in the face

As far as uninformed you might want to read back your own thread and see some of you systems picks

But it is your thread so I will not post it again

cuckoobird

Quote from: armchajrhog5 on October 05, 2015, 10:27:48 pm

I will probably lose sleep tonite worried that you feel it was meant as a slap in the face

As far as uninformed you might want to read back your own thread and see some of you systems picks

His system is broken. He had Southside and Heber over Stuttgart. Neither were even close as I assumed southside would have been. The heber beatdown shocked me too

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 06, 2015, 08:09:25 am

His system is broken. He had Southside and Heber over Stuttgart. Neither were even close as I assumed southside would have been. The heber beatdown shocked me too

In mathematics and his system, it is just an algorithm that is a self-contained step-by-step set of operations performed to provide calculation, data processing, and automated reasoning... The longer or more data that is accumulated the more accurate it will get.... It will make mistakes from time to time....

WPWells

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 06, 2015, 08:31:34 am

In mathematics and his system, it is just an algorithm that is a self-contained step-by-step set of operations performed to provide calculation, data processing, and automated reasoning... The longer or more data that is accumulated the more accurate it will get.... It will make mistakes from time to time....

I have never seen a computer in the stands watching a football game.

$aintMaximu$

October 06, 2015, 08:59:10 am #95 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:01:46 am by $aintMaximu$
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 06, 2015, 08:55:55 am

12th man is a walking computer... I haven't seen him sitting in the stands but I did see him standing by the fence watching and a eating chicken sandwich... Is that close enough?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 06, 2015, 08:59:10 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 06, 2015, 08:55:55 am

12th man is a walking computer... I haven't seen him sitting in the stands but I did see him standing by the fence watching and a eating chicken sandwich... Is that close enough?

Nah, I'll bet he's never even stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

WPWells

SUGARTOWN

OB11

Quote from: GHS_08 on September 28, 2015, 03:46:48 pm

I will say this, the biggest factor in our loss to Arkadelphia last year, and the 29-25 loss to Star City in 2013 is depth. Gosnell on average had maybe 30 players on the roster and 7 or 8 starters playing both ways. And to the ones that say we schedule 3A teams in non conference, Rivercrest and Osceola are our longtime rivals from the old 3-3a South. Gosnells enrollment at the last reclassification was 318, only 38 more than Rivercrest.

Talk about some good football games and tough competition.  Those years were fun. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas