• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS: Mena @ Pulaski Robinson

Started by FORMERBLACKBEARCAT, November 19, 2010, 10:26:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

carrothead

I'm sorry, but Mena's receivers catch anything thrown at them, block on plays not even going their way, and outwork and outplay any secondary that lines up in front of them.  Coach Don Harrison has the BEST receiving crew in the 4-4A.  Just tell me who has better stats than 9 TD's for a SOPHOMORE (let alone a senior) receiver.  4 TD's from two other guys ain't shabby neither.

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: carrothead on November 21, 2010, 01:50:30 pm
I'm sorry, but Mena's receivers catch anything thrown at them, block on plays not even going their way, and outwork and outplay any secondary that lines up in front of them.  Coach Don Harrison has the BEST receiving crew in the 4-4A.  Just tell me who has better stats than 9 TD's for a SOPHOMORE (let alone a senior) receiver.  4 TD's from two other guys ain't shabby neither.
Anyone can compile stats in the 4-4a I bet that subiaco recvs have just as good stats

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: RED n BLACK Bearcats on November 21, 2010, 12:16:36 pm
Trust me I know we limped into the playoffs with our struggles the last 3 weeks of the regular season, but we still could have made in in as the 4 or 5 in the old conference. I mean its not like we have beaten no bodies in the first 2 rounds dumas would have been an easy 2 or 3 seed out of the 7-4a from what I saw Friday night they are a good football team that would have competed for the 2nd spot in the 7! @ some point people are going to have to respect the fact that we have earned our way into the 2nd round and are 1 of the last 8!
Mena may have been a 4th Or 5th seed in there old conf with out PA and PR in the conf. But mena should be thankful that they were in the 7-4a for years that's what made them better having to they and compete in the 7-4a is alot harder then the in the 4-4a.With that said mena will LOSE by 3 TDs Friday night against PR....

toobad4u993

They didnt do all thet great in the Dumas game.

whippersnapper

did  you seee how well mena was running the ball? we easily had 2 guys with 100yards rushing.

bearcats_2010

Quote from: panther52 on November 20, 2010, 03:34:14 am
7-4A in this one, PR will keep it rolling for us, the best way 7-4A lose is by playing each other, My Ashdown will have PA this week, Malvern did loss to dumas but in respect by 2 an they was the 5th seed..Nashville has a tall task but you never know.

PR your lucky to be playing this round. Booneville drove the ball up and down the field on you as they wished. Their only down fall was having 5 fumbles so don't act like you killed us. We held that high scoring stupid looking dual QB formation of yours to 14 points as well. However you will kill Mena only to get killed the next week.

PR-42
Mena-14

AHSFBF4240

Quote from: bearcats_2010 on November 21, 2010, 06:45:38 pm
Quote from: panther52 on November 20, 2010, 03:34:14 am
7-4A in this one, PR will keep it rolling for us, the best way 7-4A lose is by playing each other, My Ashdown will have PA this week, Malvern did loss to dumas but in respect by 2 an they was the 5th seed..Nashville has a tall task but you never know.

PR your lucky to be playing this round. Booneville drove the ball up and down the field on you as they wished. Their only down fall was having 5 fumbles so don't act like you killed us. We held that high scoring stupid looking dual QB formation of yours to 14 points as well. However you will kill Mena only to get killed the next week.

PR-42
Mena-14
mena is gonna come to play and even if they get beat they will not get killed. so dont be bitter
booneville fan because red and black bearcats are playing and you guys are sittin at home!

MBbball12

Quote from: #!gocats on November 19, 2010, 11:48:56 pm
congrats toMena on beating us tonight. We played probably one of our worst games and didn't have much help with the officials either. It just proves that the best team may not always come out on top. Hootens had us picked to win by 10. Again, congrats to Mena. You are a great team, and I didnt say that to take anything away from your win. You were the better team tonight. I just wanted to make a point that in the playoffs...any team could win. Good luck MEna..beat PR.  hope the team, cheerleaders, band and even some of the parents enjoyed the hamburgers we cooked for them.  Hope eveeryone makes it back safely and hope to meet up gain next year!
I respect this comment bc your not making excuses and i appreciate that. I respect the class your showing

whippersnapper

mena bearcat football on thanksgiving? has a nice ring to it. i expect more to come the next couple years.

Troaajan7

You are impossible... , plus you obviously didn't go to the Mena-Subi game. My proof that Subiaco's WR's are better is based on that game. If you didn't go to that game this argument is over.

RyanLR

So back on topic, what kind of offense/defense does Mena run? What are their strengths/weaknesses?
Robinson runs a multiple I, with a whole lot of misdirection, made for teams with small linemen. But this year Robinson has some bigguns. They almost never throw it, but when they do it's most likely to Evian Hill (6-2, 205, 4.4). Cole Bullock is the option style QB, with FB Dylan Sanders and our prized tailback Jaalen Watkins (5-9, 210, 4.3). The defense is a tradional 4-3, with excellent linebackers. The D-line isn't huge, but they're quick and play their gaps well. Hill plays corner in the secondary; you'd be ill advised to throw anywhere near him. He also returns kicks and punts; you'd be ill advised to kick anywhere near him. Robinson's biggest weakness is the lack of a true passing game.
Should be a good game, the final 8 is always exciting.

whippersnapper

mena is a no huddle spread. and a base 4-3 def. but with robinson running a lot more 4-4 this week i figure.
offensive players to watch for.
Reed Mendoza #19 SR-qb, dual threat qb ood thrower but nothing to great. but he will suprise you with how strong he is.
Bradley Crawford #11 SOPH-wr, has 9 tds and can catch like no other. easily will play at the next level imo.
John Ballentine #20 SOPH-rb, has came on the last couple weeks. had a great game against dumas.
Tanner Hooper #25 JR-wr, great possesion wr. very good target across the middle and turns up field quickly and gets the important yac yards.
Jarret Thompson #16 SR-wr, will drop 1 or 2 a game. but if he catches it is when he shines. he is pretty fast. 4.6ish.
Austin Warren #18 SOPH-wr, he made a great 4th down catch last week against dumas. and is the wildcat qb
Defensive guys
The entire d-line is pretty good, just ask dumas's qb lol.
Weldon Beaty #43 SR- will linebacker. flys to the ball and is our best linebacker imo.
Malachi Mcgee #5 soph- safety, great athelte and flys downhill great.
Ben Graves #7 JR- strong safety, had a great game against marianna and had some big hits against dumas.
Corners are good. Justin Grasman is the better tackler of the 2. but Jordan McDaniel is the faster one.

FORMERBLACKBEARCAT

Trojan7 .I was at the mena an subi game. Woch was without a doubt menas worst game all year. Don't base mena off of that game

RED n BLACK Bearcats

Not to get to much started when we are ridding so high and accomplishing things in the playoffs thought unreachable in Mena after the past 4 years or so, but the receiving core for Mena with the exception of CRAWFORD, and Warren who do catch everything thrown there way good bad and ugly example the play Crawford made on the trick play against Dumas that's the one thing he does better than most I have ever seen at the High School level especially out of a Soph. he really goes and get the ball at its highest point and refuses to not get a ball throw his way!! Now back to the receiving core most of them sill are averaging 1 to 3 drops a game apiece, Now Mendoza does throw the ball high or a little to deep for most of the 1st quarter in most games but when he settles in he usually has the ball on the money. And on Deep balls anyone that ever played knows that every coach would rather see the ball overthrown rather than under. In the end the receiving core plays a little like the QB they have a few nerves it seem in the start of a game but when a catch is needed in crucial parts of a game they step up and catch the ball, example Thompson Friday down the sideline was a key catch that led to the deciding TD in the game!

toobad4u993

Quote from: RED n BLACK Bearcats on November 22, 2010, 08:19:55 am

Not to get to much started when we are ridding so high and accomplishing things in the playoffs thought unreachable in Mena after the past 4 years or so, but the receiving core for Mena with the exception of CRAWFORD, and Warren who do catch everything thrown there way good bad and ugly example the play Crawford made on the trick play against Dumas that's the one thing he does better than most I have ever seen at the High School level especially out of a Soph. he really goes and get the ball at its highest point and refuses to not get a ball throw his way!! Now back to the receiving core most of them sill are averaging 1 to 3 drops a game apiece, Now Mendoza does throw the ball high or a little to deep for most of the 1st quarter in most games but when he settles in he usually has the ball on the money. And on Deep balls anyone that ever played knows that every coach would rather see the ball overthrown rather than under. In the end the receiving core plays a little like the QB they have a few nerves it seem in the start of a game but when a catch is needed in crucial parts of a game they step up and catch the ball, example Thompson Friday down the sideline was a key catch that led to the deciding TD in the game!
The catch that was out of bounds? That was called a touchdown even though both feet easily landed on the wrong side of the white line?

ol bearcat

Obviously you were sitting on the Dumas side.  Because it was caught just like the ref called it.  It was close, but definitely in.  I know this because i was sitting right there.  I keep hearing all this crap about if we were in the 7-4a blah blah blah.  Hey, we're here.  Our boys worked their butts off to  be here.  So what that we're 4-4a?  Are you telling all the other 4-4a teams crap about being in the 4-4a.  This is high school football folks. This is how it happens.  Everyone has the same chances we do, thats just the luck of the draw.  Its not like we picked who we played first, and regardless of that, everyone had them picked over us.  Suck it up, these boys have really put their team back together. 

The subi game, pottsville game, and booneville game.  Yeah, we got beat.  They came to play and we fell apart.  No excuses on this end.  And whoever said that about Subi beating us so badly.  Yes they did.  They were relaxed, they played a great game.  And we went to the crapper in that game.  But now look where we're at.  Sort of like a drug addict, we hit rock bottom and now we've come back to Kick butt.  I love that we're playing Pulaski Robinson.  And first hand knowledge, i know these boys want to play Shiloh.  We fight to the end and i dont care what the number is that your school is ranked or 7-4a, 1-4a, 2million-4a.  Who cares.  These guys want the challenge. 

Now everyone make dumb comments about me saying "these boys want to play Shiloh".

Coach Venny Slocombe

Congrats to Mena! Good Luck this week from your friends up Highway 71. Coach Weaver has done an outstanding job...

ol bearcat

Thanks Coach.  You're absolutley correct.  Weaver has given a re-birth to our football program.  Hats off to him and his entire coaching staff!

ol bearcat

Quote from: toobad4u993 on November 22, 2010, 09:33:19 am

The catch that was out of bounds? That was called a touchdown even though both feet easily landed on the wrong side of the white line?

by the way.  That catch was down the sideline giving us major yardage.  not in the endzone. 

RED n BLACK Bearcats

Quote from: toobad4u993 on November 22, 2010, 09:33:19 am

I'm referring to the catch that #16 made down our sideline he dropped his first opportunity down the sideline then redeemed himself in the 4th QTR staying in bounds at the 10 and setting up our last TD in the 4th.

You must be referring to the catch our RB made #20 out of the back field in the end zone after our QB was able to scramble out of trouble and find him in the end zone on the home side of the field, that play I have no clue how close he was to being out but it was a TD is all I know by what the Ref signaled!!

ol bearcat

Exactly Red and Black.  And what the ref says is what counts!

LHFan21

Mena...its been a Cinderella season for you, but it ends at PR. Sorry.

ol bearcat

Yep, and thats what they said about Marianna, and thats what they said about Dumas.  We'll see.  No disrespect to either of those teams, great games and hosts.  Honored to have played them both.

RED n BLACK Bearcats

Quote from: LHFan21 on November 22, 2010, 10:08:15 am

That's a predictable statement out of you always picking us to lose from week to week just like everyone else. Gris was gonna tear us up and I stated that it would be have to do from his back and guess what it was! He did have a good 1st half running but was hit in the mouth time after time in the 2nd to slow him down like I said.

LHFan21

Quote from: RED n BLACK Bearcats on November 22, 2010, 10:13:37 am

That's a predictable statement out of you always picking us to lose from week to week just like everyone else. Gris was gonna tear us up and I stated that it would be have to do from his back and guess what it was! He did have a good 1st half running but was hit in the mouth time after time in the 2nd to slow him down like I said.

Well arent you just a genius. Well your Bearkittens get stoked this week. It might end close, but defeat is coming your way. I respect that y'all have made it this far in the playoffs though. Seen the seniors play optimist and knew this would be the group to do something in high school.

RED n BLACK Bearcats

Quote from: LHFan21 on November 22, 2010, 11:23:24 am

Well arent you just a genius. Well your Bearkittens get stoked this week. It might end close, but defeat is coming your way. I respect that y'all have made it this far in the playoffs though. Seen the seniors play optimist and knew this would be the group to do something in high school.

Some would say that of Me!!

Sgt. Slaughter

Quote from: FORMERBLACKBEARCAT on November 19, 2010, 11:04:11 pm
wouldnt even be in the play offs!? are you kidding me!!?? lol wow dude.

Who would they have beat out to get in?  The 5 teams that made the playoffs from the 7-4a probably would have won the 4-4a.

Swampdonkey

Quote from: RyanLR on November 21, 2010, 11:35:26 pm
So back on topic, what kind of offense/defense does Mena run? What are their strengths/weaknesses?
Robinson runs a multiple I, with a whole lot of misdirection, made for teams with small linemen. But this year Robinson has some bigguns. They almost never throw it, but when they do it's most likely to Evian Hill (6-2, 205, 4.4). Cole Bullock is the option style QB, with FB Dylan Sanders and our prized tailback Jaalen Watkins (5-9, 210, 4.3). The defense is a tradional 4-3, with excellent linebackers. The D-line isn't huge, but they're quick and play their gaps well. Hill plays corner in the secondary; you'd be ill advised to throw anywhere near him. He also returns kicks and punts; you'd be ill advised to kick anywhere near him. Robinson's biggest weakness is the lack of a true passing game.

Um... You sure you know a lot about Robinson??  Hill has yet to play a snap at corner and it's Bulloch not Bullock, and the line goes both ways, so are they "bigguns" or are they "not huge"... Your whole post is skewed...

RED n BLACK Bearcats

Hootens predictions just came out and PR is picked by 12. That closer than I honestly thought they would pick it, it has gone up just a little every week in the playoffs 7, 10, and now 12 and we won the first two times so maby the boys will keep up the solid play and win again!

RyanLR

Quote from: Swampdonkey on November 22, 2010, 01:02:27 pm

Um... You sure you know a lot about Robinson??  Hill has yet to play a snap at corner and it's Bulloch not Bullock, and the line goes both ways, so are they "bigguns" or are they "not huge"... Your whole post is skewed...
Since I played for Robinson, I'm pretty sure I know more than you.

jrh1731

November 22, 2010, 07:47:56 pm #80 Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 08:19:10 pm by jrh1731

carrothead

Quote from: Troaajan7 on November 21, 2010, 07:43:08 pm
You are impossible... , plus you obviously didn't go to the Mena-Subi game. My proof that Subiaco's WR's are better is based on that game. If you didn't go to that game this argument is over.

I was obviously at the Mena-Subiaco game.  You cannot base a team off of one game.  Reed Mendoza had an off-night against Subi, along with the rest of the Bearcats.  The recievers from Mena probably played with the least mistakes out of anyone that game.  The offense just couldn't get anything going.  Now, with the mighty Bearcats playing their best ball, Mena should roll on to play Shiloh in the semis.  End of discussion.

Bigredhog1971

End of discussion u kiddin me .Mena was lucky they finished 4th if they finished 1st ,2nd,or 3rd they would all ready b out of playoffs.But they have no chance Friday night and that's the end of the discussion....

Swampdonkey

Quote from: RyanLR on November 22, 2010, 05:38:08 pm

So.. Because you went to school at Robinson and you say you played there that makes you more intellectually inclined to ramble off false and contradicting information.  Um, James Robert Kennedy, known to some as "Radio" was a member of T.L. Hanna.  So, does that mean he knows more than me?  I don't think so.  I wasn't questioning your "knowledge" about Robinson.  I was just correcting your "ill advised" comments about the team.   Nice job Radio, you make us so proud. It's ok to play with paint chips just don't swallow them.

RyanLR

Quote from: Swampdonkey on November 22, 2010, 10:22:38 pm
Quote from: RyanLR on November 22, 2010, 05:38:08 pm

So.. Because you went to school at Robinson and you say you played there that makes you more intellectually inclined to ramble off false and contradicting information.  Um, James Robert Kennedy, known to some as "Radio" was a member of T.L. Hanna.  So, does that mean he knows more than me?  I don't think so.  I wasn't questioning your "knowledge" about Robinson.  I was just correcting your "ill advised" comments about the team.   Nice job Radio, you make us so proud. It's ok to play with paint chips just don't swallow them.
See you Friday

FORMERBLACKBEARCAT

People from mena.... let's just stop are arguing with them. If they think we aren't that good....then they will find out what's up Friday night.

sideline

Looks like rain for the next few days in central Arkansas.  It will be a sloppy field at PR for sure.

DT

RyanLR, Evian plays safety, not corner. Cole's last name is Bulloch.

FootBallar21

Should be a good game,  now if everyone would just Stay on topic,  instead of jumping around saying Mena is horrible and lucky and this that and the other.   

Trust Me trojan and anyone else who doesn't think Mena's Receivers are good,  they are VERY GOOD.   Crawford would start for anyone in 4A football except maybe Shiloh.   Hes big and the best I've ever seen in person at the highschool game at consistantly going up and getting the football.   And then the rest of the group lead by Thompson , Warren, and Hooper are all solid players as well.   

Everyone wants to say Mena won the turnover battle and was lucky against Dumas,  What about PR winning the turnover battle and being LUCKY to beat Booneville  ? ?? ?   The stats seem pretty even in that regard do they NOT ?

Also Mena has been winning games all year losing the turnover battle and honestly have the ability to play win anyone as long as they can not throw interceptions.   except probably Shiloh / PA .   

Another point everyone is saying well PR beat Booneville and Booneville beat Mena pretty good so PR will DOMINATE Mena?   Well if you want to go off of one gamel like that sure  they will beat Mena.   Probably by 35 Points Right ? ?

But what about the fact that Mena beat Dumas and Dumas beat Malvern,   and you guys only beat Malvern by a Single Point!   Or what about that Ashdown beat yall, and Malvern beat them,  then went on to lose to Dumas who lost to Mena.    Going off all of that it looks like Mena should win by 7 to 10 points!   

Also you guys beat Siloam Springs by 37,  but Marianna had already beat them by 20 and Mena beat Marianna by 5.  This would mean it should be a good game between Mena and PR.   

My point is NONE OF THAT MATTERS!!!!!!!!!  Sure PR should probably win the game,  but Mena is playing great at the moment and will compete and should have a chance to win!   

Mena - 24
PR - 35

JohnBarleycorn

I hope when you say "you guys" you don't mean Robinson posters. There is only one Robinson poster running his mouth on this board. There are 8 teams left. It doesn't matter how they got there, they will be good.

AHSFBF4240

You would think that you would support your actual home town and not be trashin us and  pickin us to lose each week but i wouldnt expect much different from somebody who ran off.  best of luck to you though

TheRedNBlackCat

Quote from: AHSFBF4240 on November 23, 2010, 02:52:22 pm

You would think that you would support your actual home town and not be trashin us and  pickin us to lose each week but i wouldnt expect much different from somebody who ran off.  best of luck to you though
Why dont you go make or drink some superman juice...HAHA...see if that will help you from breaking your fibula again. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

coach eskola

Overlook Mena, are you kidding me?  Was informed that some misinformation was on here supposedly coming from our camp and I wanted to clarify.  We have a rule that our players may not post on here and one of our young men broke that rule last night, it won't happen again.  Not sure which former player is posting, but as he should be able to attest, we do our best to run a program built on class, hard work, and doing things the right way.  Every opponent is to be respected and NEVER overlooked.  Mena is in the quarterfinals because they have gone on the road and beat two very talented teams, we will have to play a great game Friday to have a chance to win. Again, I assure you that no member of our program is looking at the Bearcats in any other way.  Coach Weaver and his staff have done an incredible job there and their kids are playing with a lot of confidence right now.

One word on Booneville - CLASS.  What a great team, community, and coaches.  Our entire team and fans have bragged about what an awesome group of young men and fans Booneville has this year. I don't think either team played their best that night, but Booneville's players and coaches showed great character and heart throughout a game that could have gone either way - just we we felt all week it would with two very good teams. 

Look forward to seeing all of you Mena fans on Friday, have a safe trip to Little Rock.

Brian G

Quote from: coach eskola on November 23, 2010, 07:23:05 pm
Overlook Mena, are you kidding me?  Was informed that some misinformation was on here supposedly coming from our camp and I wanted to clarify.  We have a rule that our players may not post on here and one of our young men broke that rule last night, it won't happen again.  Not sure which former player is posting, but as he should be able to attest, we do our best to run a program built on class, hard work, and doing things the right way.  Every opponent is to be respected and NEVER overlooked.  Mena is in the quarterfinals because they have gone on the road and beat two very talented teams, we will have to play a great game Friday to have a chance to win. Again, I assure you that no member of our program is looking at the Bearcats in any other way.  Coach Weaver and his staff have done an incredible job there and their kids are playing with a lot of confidence right now.

One word on Booneville - CLASS.  What a great team, community, and coaches.  Our entire team and fans have bragged about what an awesome group of young men and fans Booneville has this year. I don't think either team played their best that night, but Booneville's players and coaches showed great character and heart throughout a game that could have gone either way - just we we felt all week it would with two very good teams. 

Look forward to seeing all of you Mena fans on Friday, have a safe trip to Little Rock.

thanks for your post Coach.

Players can't post?

bearcat97

I don't mean to rain on anyones parade here but the problem with Mena in the Subiaco game appeared to be caused by a Big and Slow offensive line...It really doesn't matter how good or bad your receivers are when your quarterback is running for his life. If Robinson has a couple of fast defensive ends and a couple of decent defensive tackles then I would expect them to control the Bearcats rather easily.

I am not trying to get in the middle of this worthless trash talk and as a former Bearcat it would be great to see a big win, but I am attempting to be realistic....

Robinson 34
Mena 23

KingNapalm

Will this game be played at Joe T hwy 10? And what is the starting time? thx

sideline

Yes, the game is at Joe T. Robinson.   Game time is 7:30pm.

B.S.

Coach Weaver was part of a coaching staff that in '04 or '05 that come up with a pretty good scheme to beat a then 12-0 undefeated Robinson team in Greenwood by a mercy rule. This sounds like a very similar situation, no one gave us a chance to beat them that night. If anyone can do it, Weaver is one of the coach's that can get it done.  Good luck Friday night, hope the Bearcats keep going.

KingNapalm

Quote from: sideline on November 24, 2010, 02:11:10 pm
Yes, the game is at Joe T. Robinson.   Game time is 7:30pm.
Thanks. Last time I saw that field was when I played on it. Back in the day they used chicken droppings to fertilize it. Sure was green ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas