• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS: Mena @ Pulaski Robinson

Started by FORMERBLACKBEARCAT, November 19, 2010, 10:26:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

audmedan

November 24, 2010, 07:38:16 pm #100 Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 10:51:19 pm by audmedan
 Looking forward to an exciting game at Robinson.

linebacker54

Im going with Robinson on this one. I may come out after I get off and watch this game.

gunman

cp33

Lets Go

bearcat1983

FORMERBLACKBEARCAT

Well 42 mins till kick off.. let's go BEARCATS!

speedster

toobad4u993

I hope the bearcats padded their britches with newspaper like I told em too...

Rockstaaa

LOL, I hear Pulaski Robinson sent some water purification tablets to Mena along with a big helping of REALITY, I have heard they are recovering slowly. Good job PR

speedster

We did get a reality check tonight.  That's not debateable.  Guys, yall had a great season.  it picked up this program.  Next year, Mena's in the semi finals maybe more.  Our top receivers are back and I'm excited to see the new QB in the system.  Good job PR. We played hard and yall still man handled us.  I'll be cheering for yall against Shiloh.

hogdiggity

congrats P Rob. 

Congrats to Mena too, ya'll are making progress and should be a real factor in your conf next year

FORMERBLACKBEARCAT

Congrats Robinson. Yall beat us fair and square. Absolutely no excuses from me.  Mena, yall   had one heck of a run. Going from 2-8 to 9-4 is pretty dang good in my book. I'm proud of everyone of yall. Yall played hard and never gave up all game. BEARCATS! Will you ever quit?! NO! We waNt some more! We want some more!

RED n BLACK Bearcats

Was a great run couldn't ask for anything more out of the boys!! Hope they can keep the program going in the right direction!! Some receivers back next year will help Balentine will only get better one  major issue is  no line men coming up so the new QB could struggle running for his life, cause you Saw Mendoza do a little of that last night and I only think it could be worse next year unless there are some major developments! But that was special year great way for the big group of Seniors to go out! They stuck it out and were rewarded

Freight Train

Quote from: carrothead on November 21, 2010, 01:50:30 pm
I'm sorry, but Mena's receivers catch anything thrown at them, block on plays not even going their way, and outwork and outplay any secondary that lines up in front of them.  Coach Don Harrison has the BEST receiving crew in the 4-4A.  Just tell me who has better stats than 9 TD's for a SOPHOMORE (let alone a senior) receiver.  4 TD's from two other guys ain't shabby neither.

PA has two sophomore receivers (Hunter Henry/LJ Wallace) with at least that many TDs and more receptions and yardage than any of the Mena receivers.

whippersnapper

ok well public school. pa and shiloh dont count.

cat14

Troaajan7

Carrothead asked a question and Freight Train answered.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: bearcatwhippersnapper on November 27, 2010, 02:10:45 pm
ok well public school. pa and shiloh dont count.
That's not very nice.  I'm not sure why our kids don't count as they are people, too.  However, our kids are not in the 4-4A if that was the requirement for your argument.  I'm sure those Mena receivers are very good.  For the record, sophomores Hunter Henry and LJ Wallace only have 8 TD's each, so you won your argument anyways.

As for Mena, Coach Weaver has done an outstanding job in his first two years.  He has assembled a great staff, which is very tough to do in a town like Mena, even if they are alum.  Good luck to the Bearcats in the future.  I expect you to be making many more quarterfinal and semifinal runs as long as Weaver is there.

And congratulations to Robinson.  I know they still have work to do, but for all those pre-season doubters, am I allowed to say I told you so?
Quote from: Coach DePriest, PA on June 30, 2010, 09:48:14 amAnd I do want to note that for all those not talking about the Senators...watch out.  They return just about their entire team that took us to the wire, lost by 1 to Camden, and beat Magnolia last year.  AND they are adding a great running back in CAC transfer Jaalen Watkins and one of the best receivers in the state who was ineligible last season.

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: Bigredhog1971 on November 20, 2010, 02:16:04 am
Ask booneville and subiaco what happens when you play a 7-4a team
Enough said now you know also mena

RyanLR

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas