• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS: Mena @ Pulaski Robinson

Started by FORMERBLACKBEARCAT, November 19, 2010, 10:26:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FORMERBLACKBEARCAT

November 19, 2010, 10:26:14 pm Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 02:55:55 pm by Coach DePriest, PA
well another round here we come.....my prediction....mena 35 pr 31

FORMERBLACKBEARCAT

well another round here we come.....my prediction....mena 35 pr 31

Bigredhog1971

PR by alot mena is stepping back into the 7-4a and if they where still in 7-4a they wouldn't even be in playoffs

RyanLR

I gotta go with the home team Pulaski Robinson in this one. Huge crowd will be there. We were too strong for Booneville, probably too strong for Mena as well.
PR-32

Mena-12

FORMERBLACKBEARCAT

wouldnt even be in the play offs!? are you kidding me!!?? lol wow dude.

Troaajan7

While I'm really proud of Mena in the playoffs this year, I do not think they will win this game. The 7-4A is downright SCARY. Just look at what the 7-4A is doing this year in the playoffs. Crazy how Ashdown is just the 4th seed in that conference. They would definitely be number 1 in the 2-4A, and 3-4A and at worst number 2 in the 4-4A. 
I'm rooting for them but I'm trying be realistic.

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: FORMERBLACKBEARCAT on November 19, 2010, 11:04:11 pm
wouldnt even be in the play offs!? are you kidding me!!?? lol wow dude.
No I'm not kidding who would mena have beat in the 7-4a this year to make playoffs not PA,not PR,not Nashville , not ashdown and probably not malvern well maybe malvern

whippersnapper

who cares if ashdown is the 4th seed. mena is a 4 seed.....

FORMERBLACKBEARCAT

lol well they just beat a team that beat malvern....and you cant say that they wouldnt have beat any of the others. you dont know that for a fact. i think that they could beat nashville ashdown and pr. and we will find out if they can beat pr next friday. but ya know what go ahead an say that we will get spanked by pr. we  like bein the underdogs. everyone said we would get beat by marianna look what happened. then everyone said dumass would blow us away.....and yet again.....look what happened. you dont give these boys the credit they deserve at all. there in the quarter finals of the playoffs. get over it. there a dang good team. if they werent they wouldnt still be here.

RyanLR

PR at home, in all black they are scary good.

scrambler

Star City and Pulaski Robinson for the public school state championship. What do yall say? lol

Code3Cat

Quote from: FORMERBLACKBEARCAT on November 19, 2010, 11:33:36 pm
lol well they just beat a team that beat malvern....and you cant say that they wouldnt have beat any of the others. you dont know that for a fact. i think that they could beat nashville ashdown and pr. and we will find out if they can beat pr next friday. but ya know what go ahead an say that we will get spanked by pr. we  like bein the underdogs. everyone said we would get beat by marianna look what happened. then everyone said dumass would blow us away.....and yet again.....look what happened. you dont give these boys the credit they deserve at all. there in the quarter finals of the playoffs. get over it. there a dang good team. if they werent they wouldnt still be here.

I give em credit.  Im a Bearcat fan from here on out.

#!gocats

congrats toMena on beating us tonight. We played probably one of our worst games and didn't have much help with the officials either. It just proves that the best team may not always come out on top. Hootens had us picked to win by 10. Again, congrats to Mena. You are a great team, and I didnt say that to take anything away from your win. You were the better team tonight. I just wanted to make a point that in the playoffs...any team could win. Good luck MEna..beat PR.  hope the team, cheerleaders, band and even some of the parents enjoyed the hamburgers we cooked for them.  Hope eveeryone makes it back safely and hope to meet up gain next year!

RyanLR

I'm gonna attend this game by the way so I'm gonna try to update the scores on my phone next week. Should be an outstanding ballgame.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: FORMERBLACKBEARCAT on November 19, 2010, 11:33:36 pm

You are playing the same song and dance both Heber Springs and Booneville played.  When will people learn, when people who are not even from a certain school says the team is good...it usually means they're pretty good; not to mention 50% of the teams left in the playoffs are 7-4A teams.  Good luck to both teams, however I have to believe PR rolls in this one.

RyanLR

The Jaalen Watkins machine will probably go for about two hundy in this one.

Lets Go

Robinson by a bunch in this one not even close. Sorry Mena no disrespect but they are the real deal. I'm a poster from PA and as long as we have competed I know what I am talking about.

Code3Cat

Quote from: Lets Go on November 20, 2010, 01:38:55 am
Robinson by a bunch in this one not even close. Sorry Mena no disrespect but they are the real deal. I'm a poster from PA and as long as we have competed I know what I am talking about.

ohhhh...an expert

Lets Go

Yes get ready to eat crow now

Bigredhog1971

Ask booneville and subiaco what happens when you play a 7-4a team

panther52

7-4A in this one, PR will keep it rolling for us, the best way 7-4A lose is by playing each other, My Ashdown will have PA this week, Malvern did loss to dumas but in respect by 2 an they was the 5th seed..Nashville has a tall task but you never know.

Lets Go

I love the 7-4a pride!!

grizzlybearcat

November 5th
Booneville 39
Mena  16  at Mena

Next Friday night
PR  48
Mena  7  at PR

bigboy7

Boonevile could have won that game easily. you guys make it sound like PR beat us badly... We beat ourselves. we had 8 turnovers all year, and tonight we had 5. yes PR is a good and classy team, but it is nothing we could not handle. If it was not for a couple of costly turnovers, Booneville would be playing mena this week.

hogdiggity

Pul Rob by 17 at home.  Sorry Mena, but keep your head up, you have made great strides

JohnBarleycorn

Quote from: bigboy7 on November 20, 2010, 09:18:25 am
Boonevile could have won that game easily. you guys make it sound like PR beat us badly... We beat ourselves. we had 8 turnovers all year, and tonight we had 5. yes PR is a good and classy team, but it is nothing we could not handle. If it was not for a couple of costly turnovers, Booneville would be playing mena this week.

And if it weren't for a few costly turnovers by Dumas...

ol bearcat

The Dumas game for us was great.  If anyone was watching, when our defense is on a mission.  They usually keep the ball from moving.  Our offense did their job outstanding.  Dumas was a great game and a great host.  Proud of all of their boys and ours. 

Thats what high school football is all about.  ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.  I was actually hoping that Booneville would've won that game.  I would have liked to see Mena's team now go up against them.  But our mindset now is we like being the underdog.  So far the two teams we've taken down, everyone had them picked over us.  I believe Dumas was picked +10 over us.  Im not sure what marianna was, but im sure it wasnt 10.  PR is a great team, and like i've said before, if you're playing someone you know you can beat, what's the fun.  We enjoy a challenge and you'll see that these boys from the sticks down here in Mena, pull a fire out of themselves when they know its going to be rough.

Thanks again to Dumas and once again, Friday can't some soon enough.

ol bearcat

Red and Black Bearcat, when you get on this post you nailed it right on the head when (in another post) you said we didnt have one individual that stood out, we had a team.  After the game i tried to pick who stood out on that game.  And couldnt.  Our whole team did their job each and every play.  It was a great game and I couldnt be more proud of our bearcats!  Back on the road this friday and cant wait!

RyanLR

Bump for Joe T getting a home game!

carrothead

I honestly do not think that you people understand how bad them 'ol Bearcats of Mena want it.  Our defense is easily the best in our conference.  We easily have the best receiver in the conference, Bradley Crawford, and with Jarret Thompson, Tanner Hooper, and Austin Warren helping out we easily have the best receiving crew in the conference.  No one is more disciplined than Mena's secondary, coached (or rather finely honed to a sharp edge) by Kris Clark, a former Bearcat himself.  Mena's linebackers show outstanding effort and fire with players like Weldon Beaty.  Coach Rose and all of Mena predict Pulaski Robinson....bent over like a young pine.

Mena-35
Pulaski Robinson-28

speedster

Great job Mena!  I love my boys going deep in the playoffs.  I thought Dumas was going to take that one until the game started.  We came out and proved ourselves.  PR is really good.  I'm interested to see how we would fair against a 2 seed from our old conference.  Good luck to both teams.

RyanLR

Mena lost to Booneville 39-16 at Home. Robinson beat Booneville 14-9 AT Booneville. No way Mena comes to Robinson and beats them.

FORMERBLACKBEARCAT

do not compare the booneville mena game and what happened friday with the booneville pr game as to what is going to happen when mena takes on pr. lol if you do and or pr does then they are going to be in for a BIG surprise. mena was not playing mena bearcat football when we played football against booneville. trust me i know. up untill the playoffs i had not missed a single game. the boys were in a rut the last few games of the regular season. they were not the same team they were before or are right now.

bearcatmom

#!gocats--your community was a great host to our Bearcats last night.  I did not encounter one person that was not friendly and helpful.  It was a very good game to the very end.  I agree that I could not pick out one player from Mena that stood out last night, the whole team showed up ready to play and play they did, all the way to the last second.  The Bearcats will show up ready to play next week as well, so I'm expecting another good game.  Thanks to all the Dumas people for their hospitality.  The hamburgers were great!

toobad4u993

PR had a scout in the stands. My money is on PR, they are good.

AF&B

I think if it was Mena and Pottsville in the finals people would still say the 4-4A is weak. We are in the quarter finals here..no team left is bad.

Rockstaaa

WOW, Don't drink the water in Mena! Apparently it makes you spell Dumas with an extra S in a juvenille attempt to degrade a city that has a better team than you after you were fortunate enough to sneak a win away in the playoffs. It would also seems it makes you suffer delusions of grandeur. The wonder of the playoffs is that any given night, any team can win. The misfortune of the playoffs is that weak conferences still get to send thier top seeded teams leaving better teams at home due to the fact that they play in a stronger 7-4A conference. Lets just say PA or Ashdown is in different bracket. Now you have 4 7-4A teams moving on from the quarter finals to play each other(baring that someohow Nashville could pull out an upset against Shiloh which I doubt, but would love to see, no disrespect to the Saints). That said, Pulaski Robinson is the real deal, and they have the misfortune of having to play either Nashville or Shiloh in the next round and if they can make it past one of those teams, will have to play, most likely Pulaski Academy from thier conference again and could concievably beat them as well. But to paraphrase or make a long story short, Pulaski Robinson will roll right through Mena on thier way to play either Nashville or Shiloh Christian. Congratulations to the Coaches , Players, Band, Cheerleaders, and Fans at Mena on making it this far and having a good season. unfortunately its gonna be over after friday night

speedster

Tell that to Austin Warren.  Tell that to Weldon Beaty. Tell that to Weaver.  Tell that to Rose. Tell that to the outstanding offense and defensive line.  PR, it's not going to be a cake walk.  Whether yall win or not, you will leave that game with Cat scratch fever. Don't take Mena lightly or you will end up like Lee and Dumas.

toobad4u993

Quote from: Rockstaaa on November 20, 2010, 09:37:37 pm
WOW, Don't drink the water in Mena! Apparently it makes you spell Dumas with an extra S in a juvenille attempt to degrade a city that has a better team than you after you were fortunate enough to sneak a win away in the playoffs. It would also seems it makes you suffer delusions of grandeur. The wonder of the playoffs is that any given night, any team can win. The misfortune of the playoffs is that weak conferences still get to send thier top seeded teams leaving better teams at home due to the fact that they play in a stronger 7-4A conference. Lets just say PA or Ashdown is in different bracket. Now you have 4 7-4A teams moving on from the quarter finals to play each other(baring that someohow Nashville could pull out an upset against Shiloh which I doubt, but would love to see, no disrespect to the Saints). That said, Pulaski Robinson is the real deal, and they have the misfortune of having to play either Nashville or Shiloh in the next round and if they can make it past one of those teams, will have to play, most likely Pulaski Academy from thier conference again and could concievably beat them as well. But to paraphrase or make a long story short, Pulaski Robinson will roll right through Mena on thier way to play either Nashville or Shiloh Christian. Congratulations to the Coaches , Players, Band, Cheerleaders, and Fans at Mena on making it this far and having a good season. unfortunately its gonna be over after friday night
Turnover ratio was like 5-0 in Menas favor. They know we handed them that game. But they played hard so PR cant over look them. I say PR by 14

Rattlerfan

It is going to come down to Shiloh and PA.  All others are dreamers.

Troaajan7

Quote from: carrothead on November 20, 2010, 03:01:54 pm
I honestly do not think that you people understand how bad them 'ol Bearcats of Mena want it.  Our defense is easily the best in our conference.  We easily have the best receiver in the conference, Bradley Crawford, and with Jarret Thompson, Tanner Hooper, and Austin Warren helping out we easily have the best receiving crew in the conference.  No one is more disciplined than Mena's secondary, coached (or rather finely honed to a sharp edge) by Kris Clark, a former Bearcat himself.  Mena's linebackers show outstanding effort and fire with players like Weldon Beaty.  Coach Rose and all of Mena predict Pulaski Robinson....bent over like a young pine.

Mena-35
Pulaski Robinson-28
You don't have the best defense in our conference, nor do you have the best receiving crew. The Subiaco game proved that your receivers are not the best. On the other hand, your defense is very good, they wrap up well and don't miss. But not the best. I don't even know why you brought it up how you think that Mena is the best in the conference in these things. It's not true, doesn't matter at this point, and makes you look really cocky.

whippersnapper

name a wr with 9 tds?o wait bradley crawford soph from mena. name two more wrs with at least 4 tds. o wait tanner hooper and jarret thompson

Troaajan7

How many TD's did they get against Subiaco? A fat ugly ZERO against a secondary that goes both ways.

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: Defender on November 20, 2010, 07:31:37 pm
Mena just might have beat Nashville this season.
Might is the big word.How many times did mena beat Nashville when mena was in the 7-4a??

whippersnapper

and how well did our qb play the last 3 games of the regular season? and who else has better wrs? not subi.

Troaajan7

What is that supposed to mean? I'm only giving credit where credit is due, and the credit for best receivers does not go to Mena, I believe it goes to Subiaco. I believe this because of the Subiaco - Mena game, where Subiaco's receivers, who are also the secondary, did substantially better then the Mena receivers.
Who cares though? This doesn't even matter now because the Trojans are hooping and Mena is still playing football. Carrot's post was unneeded and a slam on the other teams in the conference. I don't want to bring Mena down or anything and I'm not sour because they did better then Subi  in the playoffs. But there is a reason they were the #4 seed. Now go and beat PR, the better you do the better you make Subi and the 4-4A  look.

speedster

Don't under esitimate the Mena receivers.  It's a great core.  The Subiaco game was on the qb rather than the receivers.  Credit goes to Crawford, Warren, Thompson and so on.

RyanLR

RED n BLACK Bearcats

Trust me I know we limped into the playoffs with our struggles the last 3 weeks of the regular season, but we still could have made in in as the 4 or 5 in the old conference. I mean its not like we have beaten no bodies in the first 2 rounds dumas would have been an easy 2 or 3 seed out of the 7-4a from what I saw Friday night they are a good football team that would have competed for the 2nd spot in the 7! @ some point people are going to have to respect the fact that we have earned our way into the 2nd round and are 1 of the last 8!

toobad4u993

Menas recievers really arent that good. Their strength is the Dline, their RB, and their QB's speed.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas