• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who wins 3a this year? 2019

Started by Hitman Warrior23, November 27, 2018, 12:32:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitman Warrior23

Thoughts?  Predictions?
Thought this was done  but taking the advice of a couple of posters.

CoolBreeze

the other thread was from last year.

Hitman Warrior23

Yes agreed why I started this one.

Bbal789

Issac Mcbride scores 58 points in a 88-85 loss to Russellville. Baptist this year plays absolutley no defense at all whatesoever. Definitley can see the effects of Coach Ross leaving the program.

2fe

Quote from: Bbal789 on December 30, 2018, 12:42:19 am
Baptist this year plays absolutley no defense at all whatesoever. Definitley can see the effects of Coach Ross leaving the program.

You're wrong. They lost a ton of talent, size and experience...that tends to hurt the defense. McBride is the only starter from last year's team.

When you're chalking their lack of defense up to "coaching", remember the current coach has as many titles at Baptist as Coach Ross(who did a great job).

Bbal789

Quote from: 2fe on December 30, 2018, 02:31:14 am
You're wrong. They lost a ton of talent, size and experience...that tends to hurt the defense. McBride is the only starter from last year's team.

When you're chalking their lack of defense up to "coaching", remember the current coach has as many titles at Baptist as Coach Ross(who did a great job).

True I understand that. Sometimes it just seems though that they are lost out there and dont play with much intensity defensively as they did under coach Ross. They are without Daniel Cobb due to injury who was the only returning starter along with Mcbride and he was a very scrappy on ball defender.

RamblinRazorWreck

December 30, 2018, 02:46:15 pm #6 Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 02:47:48 pm by RamblinRazorWreck
Issac Mcbride scores 58 points in a 88-85 loss to Russellville. Baptist this year plays absolutley no defense at all whatesoever. Definitley can see the effects of Coach Ross leaving the program.

Are you going to start this half-baked nonsense again this year?  Last year you said they were struggling and used a 15 point win over Brookland at their place & a loss to North Little Rock as examples.  This year it is a shot clock Tournament 3 point loss to a 5A team at their place. 

Sure their D is not as good.  They lost three 6'-5" Seniors to graduation and replaced them with two 6'-3" Juniors and a 6'-0" post player.  Those guys are all very good defenders though.

"Absolutely no defense" is a senseless cheap shot.  You sir, are a hack!

Bbal789

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on December 30, 2018, 02:46:15 pm
Are you going to start this half-baked nonsense again this year?  Last year you said they were struggling and used a 15 point win over Brookland at their place & a loss to North Little Rock as examples.  This year it is a shot clock Tournament 3 point loss to a 5A team at their place. 

Sure their D is not as good.  They lost three 6'-5" Seniors to graduation and replaced them with two 6'-3" Juniors and a 6'-0" post player.  Those guys are all very good defenders though.

"Absolutely no defense" is a senseless cheap shot.  You sir, are a hack!

I have Baptist as the favorites to win it but im also not going to sit hear and listen to everybody talk about them being this unstoppable team that runs through everybody because they for sure arent doing that. Also you call giving up 88 points good defense? Thats not what I thought Baptist's standards were. Last year I gave them a hard time and I shouldn't have because they were legit. This year they are legit to but Im not going to just not talk about their weaknesses which are pretty obvious

RamblinRazorWreck

Just like last year YOU are the ONLY person I have EVER heard or seen saying they are unstoppable!

Your strawman arguments are juvenile.

Bbal789

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on December 30, 2018, 03:53:44 pm
Just like last year YOU are the ONLY person I have EVER heard or seen saying they are unstoppable!

Your strawman arguments are juvenile.

Well you may be right on that and I guess I should chill out some. Im obviously routing for another team to win it all this year and that team will have to play extremely well in order to beat this team. I obviously hold a different opinion on things about this team and when they struggle,which every team does at some point, I like to call them out but its basically cuz they are at the top  and that happens anywhere when a team builds a dynasty like Baptist has.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on December 30, 2018, 05:08:30 pm
Well you may be right on that and I guess I should chill out some.Im obviously routing for another team to win it all this year and that team will have to play extremely well in order to beat this team. I obviously hold a different opinion on things about this team and when they struggle,which every team does at some point, I like to call them out but its basically cuz they are at the top  and that happens anywhere when a team builds a dynasty like Baptist has.
I knew that was at the heart of it. That or little mans syndrome.
BTW. What team?

ISU7

And Russellville is 5A Prep will be fine.

RamblinRazorWreck

"absolutely no defense at all whatsoever" netted CAC 11 points in the first half at their place last night!   ::) 

(Just funning... and NOT intended as a slap at CAC, they are a young, well-coached team that will improve exponentially the next few years.)

ISU7

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on January 09, 2019, 10:39:42 am
"absolutely no defense at all whatsoever" netted CAC 11 points in the first half at their place last night!   ::) 

(Just funning... and NOT intended as a slap at CAC, they are a young, well-coached team that will improve exponentially the next few years.)
Who wins is all that matters.

officialvsfan

Valley Springs will definitely be in the mix for the title.  They have all the pieces and two really good post players.  Only fault they might have is they aren't very deep. 

Head Lion

Valley Springs record the last 10 years in the Delta, not to good. I don't figure Bruno Pyatt, Fontaine and Zinc will be at Osceola?

NEABBALLFAN03

Quote from: Head Lion on January 11, 2019, 01:02:20 pm
Valley Springs record the last 10 years in the Delta, not to good. I don't figure Bruno Pyatt, Fontaine and Zinc will be at Osceola?
+1  ;D

RedWolf275

I don't realistically see how anyone could like anybody but Baptist Prep to win 3A.
Of course, someone else will get a trip to Hot Springs.

Bbal789

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 11, 2019, 01:37:24 pm
I don't realistically see how anyone could like anybody but Baptist Prep to win 3A.
Of course, someone else will get a trip to Hot Springs.

what makes you think that?

KellyGreen

Quote from: Head Lion on January 11, 2019, 01:02:20 pm
Maybe Valley should toughen their up their schedule, get a couple games against Piggott and Corning? 
Who knows how the Regionals and State tourneys will shake out, anything can happen in any given matchup but this years teams, yours and ours, are not last years teams or their teams from 5 years ago, etc.  Valley is a solid squad this year, much better than last year. 
Good luck and go Tigers.

NEABBALLFAN03

Quote from: KellyGreen on January 11, 2019, 04:21:15 pm
  Maybe Valley should toughen their up their schedule, get a couple games against Piggott and Corning? 
Who knows how the Regionals and State tourneys will shake out, anything can happen in any given matchup but this years teams, yours and ours, are not last years teams or their teams from 5 years ago, etc.  Valley is a solid squad this year, much better than last year. 
Good luck and go Tigers.
Same ole song and dance about Valley.  Just can't change my mind until you can prove it in postseason.  Good luck the rest of the year and maybe this year will be different. 

KellyGreen

So Valley has to win their 7th title to be legit to you?  Got it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: KellyGreen on January 11, 2019, 06:24:21 pm

To lazy to look it up...when was their last one...

KellyGreen

96 I believe, been to long.  Had some teams capable of winning it all around 2010-2012 If I recall correctly that got to the semis and fell short.  My point I guess I'm trying to make is winning the title is hard, doesn't mean Valley, Manilla, Osceola, Tuckerman, Ashdown, etc can't beat BP on any given night but to say or act like Valley this year is an afterthought is a bit obtuse.  They have played 19 games away from home so far and lost 1 by 2 to a very good MO team.  Beat DC by 20 @DC as well as Warren.  Beat Vilonia & Greenbriar as well as Clinton twice all away from home.  I'm not going to trash any other teams because I know we can lose to any of the top teams in the state but we can also beat them.

ISU7

Head Lion

Quote from: KellyGreen on January 11, 2019, 06:24:21 pm
No, maybe just not turbo clocked by us like the last 2 years, when the record was 78-2 or whatever. I'm just not drinking the kool aid, yet. Lucky for them, they get to go west for regionals, nothing like answered prayers.🙌🏼

Head Lion

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 11, 2019, 03:04:17 pm

Because they have by far the best team in 3A, it will take an injury or a Herculean performance by any 3A team to beat them. Just calling it like I see it.

KellyGreen

Quote from: Head Lion on January 11, 2019, 09:34:35 pm
No, maybe just not turbo clocked by us like the last 2 years, when the record was 78-2 or whatever. I'm just not drinking the kool aid, yet. Lucky for them, they get to go west for regionals, nothing like answered prayers.🙌🏼
. Definitely haven't put up much against Manilla the last two years in Regionals, no denying that. 

Head Lion

Quote from: KellyGreen on January 11, 2019, 10:07:41 pm
. Definitely haven't put up much against Manilla the last two years in Regionals, no denying that.
I will say what Valley has done, losing Jenkins, is impressive. 👍🏼

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on January 11, 2019, 10:35:25 pm
I will say what Valley has done, losing Jenkins, is impressive. 👍🏼
Great game by the Lions Head Lions

Bbal789

Quote from: Head Lion on January 11, 2019, 09:45:02 pm
Because they have by far the best team in 3A, it will take an injury or a Herculean performance by any 3A team to beat them. Just calling it like I see it.

No doubt the team to beat but they are beatable if you execute a great game plan.

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on January 11, 2019, 10:59:31 pm
Great game by the Lions Head Lions
Thanks, looked like you been taking care of yourself. 👍🏼

RedWolf275

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 11, 2019, 03:04:17 pm

1. Because I have seen them play and they looked like an outstanding 3A team
2. I think they are a 2 time 4A state champ dropping down.
3. They will have by far the best player on the floor each and every game and the supporting cast is solid.

It'll all come out in the wash at Osceola early March.

LRRandy

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 12, 2019, 07:30:46 am
2. I think they are a2 time 4A state champ dropping down.
3. They will have by far the best player on the floor each and every game and the supporting cast is solid.

3 in a row

RedWolf275

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on January 12, 2019, 03:18:34 am
Thanks, looked like you been taking care of yourself. 👍🏼
Don't let the look fool ya bro, but I certainly try Same too you.

ISU7

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 12, 2019, 07:30:46 am
2. I think they are a 2 time 4A state champ dropping down.

+1 Im going with Baptist Prep. My daughter is a student there and a member of the girls softball team.

Fatbackhawgballz

It's wide open I think. Prep probably stands the best chance but a Tuckerman, Manila, Osceola, Trumann, Drew Central, Harding Academy can all beat anyone on any given night.

teachers pet

Only northeast Arkansas teams? Booneville, Fountain Lake, Jessieville  or Perryville can do the same.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 12, 2019, 12:25:10 am
No doubt the team to beat but they are beatable if you execute a great game plan.
what makes you think that ?

ZoneBuster

When is the last time a 3A team with a legit D1 player didn't win it all?

HorseFeathers

How many legit D1 players have come out of 3a?

eaglefan200

Baptist are clear favorites this year, but I'm not familiar enough with the 3A to know who stands a chance with them. The teams who have competed well with Baptist (1) have multiple very athletic players who can run the floor extremely well and tire McBride, (2) score more than 70 points on a regular basis and (3) have size on the inside.

This Baptist team is weaker than years past, but McBride is the best player in the state regardless of classification. I feel they would be up for a challenge in 4A, but 3A doesn't seem to be as tough. I'm not sure how the 3A Central conference compares to the rest of the state (hopefully you can enlighten me) but Baptist have beaten everyone there with ease.

Let me know what teams you think meet those three criteria I mentioned earlier and those are your state title contenders alongside Baptist.

biglion1985

With the way the Noles defense was tonight they was all over us smothering

501Arkansas

Quote from: biglion1985 on January 13, 2019, 12:49:01 am
Turnovers played a big role tonight

ISU7

January 13, 2019, 07:30:51 am #45 Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 07:34:48 am by ISU7
Quote from: biglion1985 on January 13, 2019, 12:49:01 am
I told several  Lions fans Friday night vs RiverCrest to enjoy getting those phantom foul calls in Manila because Saturday night Osceola will play  in  your jersey defense  and the Lions wont  get those bailout calls they were getting at home vs Crest. I was so right. ;D 8) Not taking anything away from Manila they are a pretty good 3A team. 8)

officialvsfan

Quote from: eaglefan200 on January 12, 2019, 10:37:44 pm
Baptist are clear favorites this year, but I'm not familiar enough with the 3A to know who stands a chance with them. The teams who have competed well with Baptist (1) have multiple very athletic players who can run the floor extremely well and tire McBride, (2) score more than 70 points on a regular basis and (3) have size on the inside.

This Baptist team is weaker than years past, but McBride is the best player in the state regardless of classification. I feel they would be up for a challenge in 4A, but 3A doesn't seem to be as tough. I'm not sure how the 3A Central conference compares to the rest of the state (hopefully you can enlighten me) but Baptist have beaten everyone there with ease.

Let me know what teams you think meet those three criteria I mentioned earlier and those are your state title contenders alongside Baptist.

Valley Springs has all 3

3 Dollar

Fatbackhawgballz

Quote from: teachers pet on January 12, 2019, 01:49:08 pm
Only northeast Arkansas teams? Booneville, Fountain Lake, Jessieville  or Perryville can do the same.
Any team can get hot and win it. The teams that I named are teams that are from Northeast Arkansas because the tournament is at Osceola and the Northeast teams will have the advantages on fans.

ZoneBuster

Quote from: officialvsfan on January 13, 2019, 08:02:11 am

Valley Springs has all 3

Valley is not deep enough to tire McBride even if they were athletic enough to stay with him.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas