• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs. Geohgia Boull Dawgs (Game thread starts pg 6 or 7)

Started by DB, September 14, 2009, 11:22:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AB™

Quote from: SMC on September 21, 2009, 11:22:52 am
Quote from: BUGEATERS on September 21, 2009, 09:09:42 am
Quote from: PDFTA on September 21, 2009, 08:45:44 am
3. Mallet showed some panziness in him saturday...when he coulda ran for a 1st down, maybe a TD in the red zone but instead he slid and got nothin? yeah, time to toughen up big guy

I will bet you a dollar that he's been "told" to slide before contact.  Most "pro-style" QB's do that.  Mallet reminds me of a taller Peyton Manning.

Peyton Manning? More like Drew Bledsoe

Peyton Manning rarely gets sacked.  He isn't fast but he doesn't have feet of lead like Mallett and Bledsoe.  I saw a lot of Drew Bledsoe similarities in Mallett Saturday night.

PDFTA

Quote from: stattracker on September 21, 2009, 08:49:06 am
hey guys, sorry i didnt post on here the day of the game. i was tailgating all day and i dont have FF on my phone (for some reason) but im just gonna tell you what i saw, and you have probably already repeated it

1. Our secondary is horrid, must learn to defend the pass or its gonna be a long season

2. Our punter and kicker? not good either

3. Mallet showed some panziness in him saturday...when he coulda ran for a 1st down, maybe a TD in the red zone but instead he slid and got nothin? yeah, time to toughen up big guy

but thats what all i saw....thank you

Did you close your eyes the rest of the game then. I mean, I saw 5 TD passes, 3 turn overs our defense got and we have some real good WR's. Maybe you took a nap during the good stuff.

wow smarta$$, i was pointing out the lows of the game, the stuff that we need to work on....asking if i took a nap? what an idiot

PDFTA

Quote from: AB™ on September 21, 2009, 01:51:36 pm

I will bet you a dollar that he's been "told" to slide before contact.  Most "pro-style" QB's do that.  Mallet reminds me of a taller Peyton Manning.

Peyton Manning rarely gets sacked.  He isn't fast but he doesn't have feet of lead like Mallett and Bledsoe.  I saw a lot of Drew Bledsoe similarities in Mallett Saturday night.

very similar

stattracker

Quote from: PDFTA on September 21, 2009, 02:01:45 pm
Quote from: stattracker on September 21, 2009, 08:49:06 am
hey guys, sorry i didnt post on here the day of the game. i was tailgating all day and i dont have FF on my phone (for some reason) but im just gonna tell you what i saw, and you have probably already repeated it

1. Our secondary is horrid, must learn to defend the pass or its gonna be a long season

2. Our punter and kicker? not good either

but thats what all i saw....thank you

Did you close your eyes the rest of the game then. I mean, I saw 5 TD passes, 3 turn overs our defense got and we have some real good WR's. Maybe you took a nap during the good stuff.

wow smarta$$, i was pointing out the lows of the game, the stuff that we need to work on....asking if i took a nap? what an idiot

That's the problem with "fans" like you. All you see is the negative. That's what I was pointing out. Evidentally you didn't see much or have much knowledge of why some things are the way they are. Are you actuallt OusoonersOU by chance?

The Reality is back...

powerlifter90

Quote from: AB™ on September 21, 2009, 01:51:36 pm

ok.............let me clarify...........Peyton Manning in COLLEGE.   for those of you that are too young to remember PM back then, he was a "target" to any decent DL or LB, no mobility at all, and he slid every time someone breathed on him.  NU can thank Peyton for one of their NC's.........

Grant Winstrom commented after the bowl game Peyton's sr year that the NU D-line was looking forward to playing him the entire month of practice leading up to the game.  "we know where he's at, he's not going to move, we pinned our ears back and brought it to him"
Grant was asked years later about the comment and he stated that Peyton was still going to therapy for the beat down he received that night.  Something about every time he shut his eyes he still saw NU linemen in his face.  This was after both had been in the league for sometime.   

JuiceyJ51

Man this game was just pathetic defensively... even if we had 3 turnovers we still let them put up 52 points... When the offense puts up 41 you are supposed to win... We did have a little bit of a run defense, besides that huge 80 yarder... But if you cant realize that they are beating us deep every time they try, n the defensive coordinator makes absolutely no adjustments to stop it, then sumthing needs to be done... I personally think they shudve gone to Cover 4, because when they were in 2 the corners couldnt jam them inside, and let them get down the sideline... Secondary needs a lot of help... If we fix that we can be a good team however... Coaches, its time to get to work this week... Make a few adjustments and get them ready for big Bama...

zebradynasty

Actually I see more of Phillip Rivers in Mallet than either Bledsoe or Manning. Mallet's feet didn't seem that slow to me. His sacks were due with him holding the ball too long. Very common for young QB's once Mallet learns to hit his safety routes I think he'll be fine. Petrino should be able to help him with this Brohme his QB at Louisville was not fast at all but he put up some very good numbers.

SMC

ZD - Bledsoe was notorious for getting sacked due to holding the ball too long. In both NE and Buffalo.

Being compared to Bledsoe isn't a diss though. The guy is one of the top 25 or so all time passing leaders in the NFL IIRC. When he was given time to throw the ball, he could torch any defense. Mallett reminds me a lot of that. If he gets a good pocket, he will stand in there and can deliver the ball all over the field with great arm strength (like Drew used to). If he is pressured, he doesn't have the mobility to make something out of nothing.

Drew had no improvisation ability. If the play went off exactly as it was drawn up, he was going to get it done. If anything broke down, all bets were off.

zebradynasty

I need to see another game of Mallet. Bledsoe held the ball because he knew he had to. I am not sure that was the reason Mallet held the ball so long Saturday. Looked to me he was trying to make the BIG ONE instead of taking what was available. To his credit that was working most of the time but I think he got caught up going for the deep ball too much.

He showed me that he is as mobile as some of the NFL physically giant QB's. P Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Collins, Palmer. Nothing showed me that Mallet wasn't athletic enough to side step or move up and deliver throws while under pressue.

RHS

QuoteLooked to me he was trying to make the BIG ONE instead of taking what was available. To his credit that was working most of the time but I think he got caught up going for the deep ball too much.

I think that was especially true in the 4th quarter. Seemed like he was trying to find the home run or a big gainer and overlooked some open guys underneath that could have gotten about 10-15 yards for us.

SMC

Quote from: RHS on September 22, 2009, 12:12:20 am
QuoteLooked to me he was trying to make the BIG ONE instead of taking what was available. To his credit that was working most of the time but I think he got caught up going for the deep ball too much.

I think that was especially true in the 4th quarter. Seemed like he was trying to find the home run or a big gainer and overlooked some open guys underneath that could have gotten about 10-15 yards for us.

Well when the HR comes so easy early on, can you blame him?

When you go upper deck your first 3 AB's, you're not looking for an opposite field single next time up.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas