• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs. Geohgia Boull Dawgs (Game thread starts pg 6 or 7)

Started by DB, September 14, 2009, 11:22:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DB

September 14, 2009, 11:22:18 am Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 06:15:42 pm by Eddie Goodson
This is a game that we are supposed to lose.  With the Erin Andrews crew coming in, you have to think that ESPN thinks this is going to be a good game.  With this game being the first game of the season in Fayetteville and being after a two week layoff, I suspect the crowd will be worth two scores for the Hogs. 

Did anybody remember what DJ Williams did in the last game?  No?  I wonder why.  Has he suddenly become ineffective in BP's scheme?  This kid is going to show out this year.  You wait and see if he does not open up so many things for the Hogs.  Having a TE like him will do so much for us. 

I just hope that our defense can stand up to Georgia enough to keep them from scoring 6 or 7 times.  IMO though, a juiced up crowd equates to defensive production more than it does to offensive production.  Our linebackers, as a group, are going to have to have a big game.  But I think they will.

I honestly believe we will win this game by at least two scores.

Signed
DB.

Go Hogs!

SandLizard04

I've been saying Arkansas would win this game for months.

Hogs 28, Dogs 17

RHS

I just hope we don't lose the battle for giant chunks of land on special teams.

SMC

I don't see this game being close.

One of two things will happen.

1. Arkansas comes out flying and exposes the weaknesses of UGA and wins by 14+ a la the Tennessee game @ Fay when Gameday was there in Nutt's last year.

2. Arkansas isn't tested enough by their opening cupcake and gets punched in the mouth from go, and never recovers a la the Shaud Williams Alabama game from a few years back. You know, this game sets up a lot like that one - Arkansas looked good in their opener agaisnt a weak team, they had a bye week, opponent looked shaky in their previous games but they played quality opponents, it's at Fay, the Hog fans are saying this/that will be a big year and they're ready to knock off a big team...

I suspect we'll know who will win this game by the end of the first quarter.

RHS

Nice video set up like a movie trailer.

OUSoonersOU

Im not impressed  with the Georgia qb. Arkansas by 20.

RHS

Ryan, I've heard someone compare this game to the Arkansas-Alabama game from 1998. They talked about how both teams are barely inside the top 25, have had some weird games that made you wonder what they were really like, and that both coaches probably had each game circled as their statement game.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 12:40:27 pm
Well since your not impressed then the game is over.......................Arkansas by 50

stattracker

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 12:40:27 pm

Thanks. The curse has been put on the Hogs now for sure.

RGP

Having already played Ok State and South Carolina is an advantage for Georgia. However, their offense really struggled in Stillwater and I expect the crowd to help slow them down at Fayetteville.

I think the bye week is a real advantage for Arkansas.

Arkansas 31
Georgia 21

OUSoonersOU

The only offensive threat georgia has is aj green. Thats if the qb can throw under pressure. Georgias defense blows this year. They will have fun trying to stop our offense and i know the georgia offense cant score like we can. First year starters at qb and rb and only one wide receiver worth anything.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 01:49:35 pm<br />The only offensive threat georgia has is aj green. Thats if the qb can throw under pressure. Georgias defense blows this year. They will have fun trying to stop our offense and i know the georgia offense cant score like we can. First year starters at qb and rb and only one wide receiver worth anything. <br />

fool, ou doesnt play georgia this week. you cant say things like "our off.,score like we can" with a name like "ousoonerou" >:(

so from now on please refer to the hogs as "oh heavenly hogs" 8)

PDFTA

IM GONNA BE THERE!!! Me and my buddies, gettin there at 12, tailgatin all day...thinkin about paintin the bodies and all even tho we're in the upper deck.

Arkansas 34

Georgia 28

on a GW TD drive

anybody else goin to this game? PM if you want or you can say on here

AF&B

I just don't have a good feeling on this game. The defence needs to step up before they even think about being able to keep up. Georgia by 14.

And I'm going

RHS

Quote from: AF&B on September 14, 2009, 01:59:43 pm
I just don't have a good feeling on this game. The defence needs to step up before they even think about being able to keep up. Georgia by 14.

And I'm going

The way that Stephen Garcia of all people passed on the Jawja D makes me think they'll have to keep up just as much.

AF&B

Quote from: RHS on September 14, 2009, 02:01:37 pm
Quote from: AF&B on September 14, 2009, 01:59:43 pm

And I'm going

The way that Stephen Garcia of all people passed on the Jawja D makes me think they'll have to keep up just as much.
I haven't had time to watch their defence play, but we have to keep eyes on Green

OUSoonersOU

Look at it this way. The georgia defense will have a harder time stopping the Arkansas offense. The arkansas defense will not have as hard as a time stopping the Georgia AJ Greens offense. Im looking for arkansas to dominate this game and win fairly easily. Georgia lost to oklahoma state and the arkansas offense is better than oklahoma states.....you could make an argument that arkansass defense is better than oklahoma states.

AF&B

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 02:06:02 pm
Look at it this way. The georgia defense will have a harder time stopping the Arkansas offense. The arkansas defense will not have as hard as a time stopping the Georgia AJ Greens offense. Im looking for arkansas to dominate this game and win fairly easily. Georgia lost to oklahoma state and the arkansas offense is better than oklahoma states.....you could make an argument that arkansass defense is better than oklahoma states.
Your an idiot, shoot your computer please.

hb14lh

Georgia lost to oklahoma state and the arkansas offense is better than oklahoma states...

lawlz

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: AF&B on September 14, 2009, 02:09:45 pm<br />
Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 02:06:02 pm<br />Look at it this way. The georgia defense will have a harder time stopping the Arkansas offense. The arkansas defense will not have as hard as a time stopping the Georgia AJ Greens offense. Im looking for arkansas to dominate this game and win fairly easily. Georgia lost to oklahoma state and the <b>arkansas offense is better than oklahoma states</b>.....you could make an argument that arkansass defense is better than oklahoma states.<br />
Your an idiot, shoot your computer please.<br />
better  yet i need too shoot my deer rifle, i will shoot it for you. ;D

PDFTA

there's a fine line between optimism and realism OUsoonersOU....you may have crossed that line a bit

OUSoonersOU

You have no argument. Shoot my computer and lawalz.......Ryan Mallet is better than Zac Robinson. Our rbs are better than ok states. Our receivers are just as athletic as dez bryant and bryant isnt even a good route runner and has questionable hands. The only question is the arkansas offensive line compared to ok states. Infact the arkansas defense is head over heels better than ok states.

AF&B

September 14, 2009, 02:16:57 pm #22 Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 02:19:54 pm by AF&B
Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 02:15:11 pm
You have no argument. Shoot my computer and lawalz.......Ryan Mallet is better than Zac Robinson. Our rbs are better than ok states. Our receivers are just as athletic as dez bryant and bryant isnt even a good route runner and has questionable hands. The only question is the arkansas offensive line compared to ok states. Infact the arkansas defense is head over heels better than ok states.
You sir, are wasting air... nobody wants to read your insight. Robinson is twice the QB Mallet can dream of. Name an Arkansas back that can keep up with Hunter please?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 02:15:11 pm<br />You have no argument. Shoot my computer and lawalz.......Ryan Mallet is better than Zac Robinson. Our rbs are better than ok states. Our receivers are just as athletic as dez bryant and bryant isnt even a good route runner and has questionable hands. The only question is the arkansas offensive line compared to ok states. Infact the arkansas defense is head over heels better than ok states.<br />
pick just shakes head throws his arms up and gives up on him ::)

hb14lh

September 14, 2009, 02:18:57 pm #24 Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 02:21:30 pm by hb14lh
Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 02:15:11 pm

lawlz again

Okie St.'s offense is top 5 in the nation. To say our WR's are just as athletic as Dez Bryant and "he isn't even a good route runner and has questionable hands" is absurd. Bryant will be a top 5 pick in next year's draft.

OUSoonersOU

September 14, 2009, 02:21:50 pm #25 Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 02:34:26 pm by OUSoonersOU
Bounce bounce bounce. Red dirt blue top sun dry. Lol....am i speaking your language. Hey mods im just posting crap and arguing with no real argument. Looks stupid doesnt it......lol!!!!!! ......Dez bryant is just tall. We are much deeper at receiver than oklahoma state and gerogia. Heck we even have better tight ends. Dez bryant will be a bust in the nfl if he is taken in the first. He has bad hands and bad route running and his tenacity is questionable. Joe adams and jerious wright are every bit as athletic as bryant. Greg childs and dj williams too. Thats four legit targets right there who else can ok state go to besides dez bryant thats why they lost to houston. Houston is a fluke no way they are top 25 ok state was just overrated starting the season at 6 on paper. Houston will lose to akron or some chit and be gone poof the next week.

hb14lh

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 02:21:50 pm
Bounce bounce bounce. Red dirt blue top sun dry. Lol....am i speaking your language. Hey mods im just posting crap and arguing with no real argument. Looks stupid doesnt it......lol!!!!!!

Give back up to your posts.

How is Mallett better than Robinson?
Like AF&B said, which Hog back is on Hunter's level?
Which Hog WR is "just as athletic" or "has better hands or route-running" than Bryant?

RHS

Quote from: AF&B on September 14, 2009, 02:16:57 pmRobinson is twice the QB Mallet can dream of.

That's funny. Mallet will be the better pro prospect, and after he's finished here, I think his numbers will be just as nice as Robinson's at OSU.

Quote from: AF&B on September 14, 2009, 02:16:57 pmName an Arkansas back that can keep up with Hunter please?

Michael Smith. On a team with NO help, on fewer carries and missing games Smith did just fine in the SEC.

We don't have anyone that is on Dez Bryant's level, but I think our combination of WR's is as good as a group as OSU.

OUSoonersOU

Robinson is not very accurate and his arm is not that strong. He is a thin quarterback with a little athleticism. Even in his third year he has not risen above that. Mallett has a monster arm and is very accurate with his throws. He doesnt have as much athleticism as robinson but is harder to sack and has a better cast around him. Athletic qbs dont beat good defenses eventually you have to throw the ball and most likely its gonna be off target. Mallett as a freshman was already a better than robinson. Who does ok state have behind hunter? Michael smith and dennis johnson are every bit as fast and strong as hunter. Johnson is just a beast. We have like four rbs compared to ok states one. Hunter goes out for rest there goes their running game if they ever had one.

powerlifter90

Vegas has the HOGS a 1 1/2 point favorite.   I really hope UA pulls this one out, but I have a bad feeling about the D and lack of a consistant running game.  UA gets up early but uGa wins it at the end. 

uGa 31  UA 28

Another game I'll be watching on ABC earlier that day will be NU at VT.  I see VT winning BIG, 2+ TD's

38-17 or something like that.  Too many first year players, on both sides of the ball.  All 3 LB's are RFr, or RSoph, NU has a history of having trouble with running QB's that goes way back to the 90's.  I just don't see them beating teams like VT on the road. 

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: AF&B on September 14, 2009, 02:09:45 pm
Your an idiot, shoot your computer please.
He posts from his phone. Shoot his phone. Maybe it will be in his shirt pocket.

OUSoonersOU

September 14, 2009, 02:50:19 pm #31 Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 02:59:52 pm by OUSoonersOU
Coach slocombe are you actually a coach? You sure dont talk like one. You probally were fired and now your living out your failed aspiriations vicariously online just posting crap to strangers that have proven time and time again to be more knowledagble than you and they dont even have coach in their freakin names. LOL!......Is that the best you can do? Point out a typo that i made? Your a freak. Take coach out of your name and replace it with Freak Venny Slocombe and in your signature put......hI Im a coach and i like to spend my time involved in petty arguments to which i have nothing serious or constructive to add. Im a freak.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 02:50:19 pm
Coach slocombe are you actually a coach? You sure dont talk like one. You probally were fired and now your living out your failed aspiriations vicariously online just posting crap to strangers that have proven time and time again to be more knowledagble than you and they dont even have coach in their freakin names. LOL!
Yes I coach a 2 year old Frisbee team. Someone might take you serious if you would actually learn to spell.

kenshay87

Quote from: hb14lh on September 14, 2009, 02:30:11 pm
Bounce bounce bounce. Red dirt blue top sun dry. Lol....am i speaking your language. Hey mods im just posting crap and arguing with no real argument. Looks stupid doesnt it......lol!!!!!!

Which Hog WR is "just as athletic" or "has better hands or route-running" than Bryant?

Mallet has a stronger arm and he is accurate. Great decision maker. I would take michael smith over over hunter anyday. Great hands, visions, and pass-blocking. Jarius Wright has better hands and is a great route runner. Oh yea and so is greg childs, joe adams, and cobi hamilton. Need I go on?

hb14lh

September 14, 2009, 03:41:52 pm #34 Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 04:22:52 pm by hb14lh
Quote from: kenshay87 on September 14, 2009, 03:31:46 pm
Quote from: hb14lh on September 14, 2009, 02:30:11 pm

Mallet has a stronger arm and he is accurate. Great decision maker. I would take michael smith over over hunter anyday. Great hands, visions, and pass-blocking. Jarius Wright has better hands and is a great route runner. Oh yea and so is greg childs, joe adams, and cobi hamilton. Need I go on?

I was not saying I disagreed with that. Just trying to get ouSooners to give reasons, like you did, for why he thought what he did instead of acting like a child when someone disagreed. (Although I do disagree if you are saying you would rather have Wright over Bryant and that the other WRs you listed are on Bryant's level, that's ignorant)

OUSoonersOU

Wow someone with common sense....im in shock.....welcome.

RHS

Quote from: BUGEATERS on September 14, 2009, 02:41:15 pmlack of a consistant running game.

How can you even say we have a lack of a running game? At least 5 different players got carries, and none of them really in a rhythm. Our starting running back got 4 carries before being taken out. I don't think anyone knows what the Hogs have as far as a running game.

To whoever mentioned Cobi Hamilton with Dez Bryant, shut up. One just played his first collegiate game, the other will jump to the NFL after the season is over more than likely.

OUSoonersOU

No chit sherlock. Were talking about athleticism. And all four of arkansass big studs adams wright childs and hamilton all are better route runners and hands than bryant. Dez bryant just like the other bryant from okl state will be freaking busts. Shut your mouth before you open it up and make yourself a known fool. There is no comparison to the talent of arkansass offense and ok states or georgias offense. Same with defense. Mallett over Robinson. Smith and Johnson over hunter. AND Wright childs adams hamilton williams over bryant. Nobody else can step up for ok state and georgia except bryant and green but arkansas has five guys who can all step up. Arkansas will beat the crap out of georgia as long as this offense with mallett and the receivers and the rbs stay together. The defense is young as well. Arkansas is a legit top 25 team we juat didnt start the year out with a lousy ranking like ok state did on paper.

Indiana Jones

I think we'll beat Georgia and their game vs South Carolina did nothing to minimize my feelings

OUSoonersOU

RD™

Quite Frankly

OUSooner, you need to find a way to quit being such a nuisance to the masses.  You're not going to be here the entire season giving us all your excruciating minutia (definition).  Your presence on virtually every thread doesn't impress or amuse anyone.

Moderate yourself or face it from another.   

PDFTA

Quote from: QF© on September 14, 2009, 07:05:19 pm
OUSooner, you need to find a way to quit being such a nuisance to the masses.  You're not going to be here the entire season giving us all your excruciating minutia (definition).  Your presence on virtually every thread doesn't impress or amuse anyone.

QF will do it OUsooners....dont test her/him..i thinks its a her.....   ???

theHammer

Quote from: QF© on September 14, 2009, 07:05:19 pm

PLEASE, DO IT!

powerlifter90

Quote from: RHS on September 14, 2009, 04:12:14 pm
Quote from: BUGEATERS on September 14, 2009, 02:41:15 pmlack of a consistant running game.

How can you even say we have a lack of a running game? At least 5 different players got carries, and none of them really in a rhythm. Our starting running back got 4 carries before being taken out. I don't think anyone knows what the Hogs have as far as a running game.

I didn't say "lack of a running game"  I said lack of a "consistant" running game.  Your statement is exactly what I was talking about.  NOBODY has carried enough to get a rhythm, to get a "game feel".  You don't want to be facing an opponent like uGa without a proven run D and a proven run game.  IMO this could end up hurting UA. 

AF&B

Quote from: RHS on September 14, 2009, 02:38:37 pm
Quote from: AF&B on September 14, 2009, 02:16:57 pmRobinson is twice the QB Mallet can dream of.

That's funny. Mallet will be the better pro prospect, and after he's finished here, I think his numbers will be just as nice as Robinson's at OSU.

Is it going to matter to Arkansas about his "pro career" this Saturday? I'm 100% sure Robinson is a way quarterback now than Mallet will be. Not hard to have a good game aginst Mizzou State...

OUSoonersOU

QF cannot tell anyone to post less. That is not in her power. If i am being civil then i have every right to rack up 20000 posts. She cannot ban me for posting too much. This is a forum open to the public. I am in no trouble of being banned and i will post whenever i want according to the rules of the forum.

AF&B

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 09:00:37 pm
QF cannot tell anyone to post less. That is not in her power. If i am being civil then i have every right to rack up 20000 posts. She cannot ban me for posting too much. This is a forum open to the public. I am in no trouble of being banned and i will post whenever i want according to the rules of the forum.
Shoo fly, we don't a crap about what you think your rights are.

PDFTA

you'll reach 20,000 slaps before you do that

Quite Frankly

Hey, it was friendly advice.  You've already crossed the line several times.  By continuing with the same redundant frequency or lunacy, you'll trip yourself up in no time.  Happy posting.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas