• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Arkansas® Vs Auburn Game Thread

Started by RD™, October 07, 2006, 10:06:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric_Mullins34

Mustain, first QB EVER to go 4-0 as a Freshman..aint that what the announcers said could happen if he wins this game...McFadden gets player of the game!

HA_Fan

Quote from: Peter Griffin on October 07, 2006, 02:05:55 pm
Quote from: Frog_Trumann34 on October 07, 2006, 02:04:43 pm
So folks, you think we'll be in the Top 25 after this week?  If so, where at?...Auburn will easily fall out of the top 10, probably outside of the top 15.

If they're put in the Top 25 then the person that made that top 25 is an idiot.

They should be in the top 25 after this.  They only have 1 loss to what will be the #2 team, and a win over the current #2 team.

They should be around #19.  It will probably be more like #22 though.

Reggie Herring earned his paycheck today.

jbell96

Uncle Ivan

RD™

jbell96

Especially when it comes to Ziemba & Burns.

jbell96

I'm going home for my two hour lunch to watch this game on TIVO. ;D

heathwaldrop

Anaxagoras

Ballgame!!!!!! GOOOOOOOO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!
Lets keep this up!!!!!

Eric_Mullins34

OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG SOOOOOOOOOOOOOIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 3-0 IN CONFERENCE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT GAME PLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RD, GET READY TO SHAVE YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!! HAHA

heathwaldrop

Quote from: RD? on October 07, 2006, 02:14:36 pm
Yup, Tuberville can suck my Tubesteak.

LOL...most geunine laugh I've had in awhile...

warriorQB2

Footballer

I still can't belive my weekend.  White Hall puts ups 35 unanswered to beat PA and then the Hogs beat #2 Auburn at their house.  Woo Pig Sooie!

SandLizard04

Congratulations to Arkansas. Auburn sucks and were exposed today, but take nothing away from the Hogs. They came to play, and they absolutely dominated this game. The defense was outstanding. Best Razorback performance I have seen since they beat Texas a couple years back.

Speaking of Texas, it's time for them to get their butt beat again. GO SOONERS!

Uncle Ivan

Good weekend for me as well so far.  My alma mater steps into the #1 spot, Arkansas whips Auburn, now if the Cowboys can take the Eagles, I'll be 3-0 again for the weekend. 

Queen

Wooooooooo Pig Sooooooie!!!!!!  Great win.    Just wondering, what'll some "hog fans"  find to complain about this week.   GO HOGS!!!!

HA_Fan

Quote from: Queen on October 07, 2006, 02:36:49 pm
Just wondering, what'll some "hog fans"  find to complain about this week.

Why it's not like this all the time.  :)

basketball11

I knew it all along, i woke up this morning and new it was going to be a good day!

msubulldogs21

Congrats to the Hogs on a great game. Man, they just manhandled Auburn all day long today and now control their own destiny. They still have some tough games left - @ South Carolina, vs Tennessee, and vs LSU but when it's all said and done I think the game against LSU will determine the SEC West champ.

Just saw where McFadden is on the front page of espn.com.

Uncle Ivan

Here's hoping the Hog fans at the game now go roll Toomer's.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on October 07, 2006, 02:13:16 pm
Quote from: Peter Griffin on October 07, 2006, 02:05:55 pm
Quote from: Frog_Trumann34 on October 07, 2006, 02:04:43 pm
So folks, you think we'll be in the Top 25 after this week?  If so, where at?...Auburn will easily fall out of the top 10, probably outside of the top 15.

If they're put in the Top 25 then the person that made that top 25 is an idiot.

They should be in the top 25 after this.  They only have 1 loss to what will be the #2 team, and a win over the current #2 team.

They should be around #19.  It will probably be more like #22 though.

Reggie Herring earned his paycheck today.
I bet we will be ranked in the USA Today poll better than 19. We are currently 29 and beat Bama when they were 23 in the USA poll and #2 Auburn. When we beat Texas who was ranked 5 or 4 we were unranked and jumped up to 14. I think we will be 17 or 16 considering we have beat 2 ranked teams back to back.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 07, 2006, 04:12:27 pmAuburn. When we beat Texas who was ranked 5 or 4 we were unranked and jumped up to 14.

It was 13 & 14 in the two polls, with uterus just ahead of us.  There was a lot of national talk that week about the silliness of that. 

Arkansas then beat North Texas 31-7, and were moved up to 8 and 9.

RD™

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: RD™ on October 07, 2006, 04:25:12 pm

Dear God.

Please tell me that's a photoshop you or someone else came up with for yuks.

RD™

No. I wouldn't stoop that low. I will post it...and say it, but not make a photoshop or a T-shirt claimin git.

HA_Fan

October 07, 2006, 04:29:59 pm #477 Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 10:41:40 pm by HA_Fan™
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 07, 2006, 04:27:50 pm

Dear God.

Oh, I'm afraid not.

http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Arkansas_Razorbacks/Arkansas_over_Auburn_White_Short_Sleeve_Brag_T-shirt

Prepare for the Hogs to be reminded about that one down the road.

rsvl_hogfan4

hogwild31

hogfan7725

Arkansas improves week by week, If they played USC next week they would win.
If the polls were completely unbiased Arkansas would be in the top 15 this week. Ex. Tennesee beating Cal.
Wouldn't it be nice for Arkansas to run the rest of their schedule and be 13-1 in a BCS bowl. Probaly not the championship, because of the USC blunder but one of the top 4 bowls.

rsvl_hogfan4

If OSU was to lose and Arkansas won out they would be in the NC more than likely and would make for a lot of interest due to it being Arkansas' first NC in forever and it being a rematch from earlier in the season. However, I don't see that hapenning. I think we will finish probably 10-2 in the regular season and win the SEC West.

Uncle Ivan

Stop. Stop.  Just stop.

Don't even think about a national title.  Don't say it.

I heard this before in 2003.  4-0, we were gonna win it all, baby.

Talking about that now is embarrassing.

hogfan7725

I am don't think arkansas will be in the NC, too much good would have to happen.

jbell96

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 07, 2006, 04:38:10 pm
If OSU was to lose and Arkansas won out they would be in the NC more than likely and would make for a lot of interest due to it being Arkansas' first NC in forever and it being a rematch from earlier in the season. However, I don't see that hapenning. I think we will finish probably 10-2 in the regular season and win the SEC West.

Good lord just enjoy today's win.

Scout06

I came home on my lunch break and saw that TD catch by Marcus Monk, then I saw Auburn driving down the field as I was walking out. My guy at work told me Arkansas won.  Thanks to Darren McFadden and Felix Jones. 

BTW, is Marcus Monk a Junior?

Lions84

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 07, 2006, 04:27:50 pm

Dear God.

Where can I buy one of these at !!!!

hogfan7725

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Johnny Drama on October 07, 2006, 04:45:27 pm

Just so you know I didn't bring it up and I don't think there is anyway that would happen. I was responding to the guy that posted before me talking about if we went 13-1 we would be in a BCS bowl. I was simply saying if we went 13-1 we would be in the NC. I wasn't saying that because I think it, I was addressing him. I am not one of those people that thinks because we beat Auburn we are going to compete for a National title, I was just saying if that guy's scenario came true we would more than likely be in the NC.

The Snowman

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 07, 2006, 06:20:39 pm
Quote from: Johnny Drama on October 07, 2006, 04:45:27 pm

Just so you know I didn't bring it up and I don't think there is anyway that would happen. I was responding to the guy that posted before me talking about if we went 13-1 we would be in a BCS bowl. I was simply saying if we went 13-1 we would be in the NC. I wasn't saying that because I think it, I was addressing him. I am not one of those people that thinks because we beat Auburn we are going to compete for a National title, I was just saying if that guy's scenario came true we would more than likely be in the NC.
\

Even at 13-1 i dont see arkansas getting in.....there are too many teams for them to leapfrog...but we'll do good to go 9-3.

hogfan7725

I was stating that even if, a big if, we won out we still wouldn't achieve the NC game.

I am just glad AR won so that it will shut up the nutt haters for awhile.

bulldogs1159

You know those shirts are pretty funny. I will prolly get me one.

justin_njhs09

I'm not here to hate on this, I just want to know... How does someone's prediction go from 5-7, 6-6, 7-5, or 8-4 to 10-2 just by beating Auburn?  I understand Auburn is good, but they aren't national championship contenders in my eyes.  Also, if you think the Hogs could beat USC now then you have to be crazy.  There's no way they're about 7 TDs better than like 5 weeks ago.

shiloh forever

Quote from: Johnny Drama on October 07, 2006, 10:21:53 am
Quote from: RD™ on October 07, 2006, 10:06:55 am
Can Houston® Nutt® pull of this miracle? Hopefully the Razorbacks® execute a good game plan, they have had two weeks up in Fayetteville® preparing for the SEC®'s best team this week.

If Nutt pulls one out of his arse today I will put his picture as my avatar for a week and change my profile name to Nutt Hugger. That is how confident I am that we won't win today.
I'm waiting.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Peter Griffin on October 07, 2006, 11:00:59 pm
I'm not here to hate on this, I just want to know... How does someone's prediction go from 5-7, 6-6, 7-5, or 8-4 to 10-2 just by beating Auburn?  I understand Auburn is good, but they aren't national championship contenders in my eyes.  Also, if you think the Hogs could beat USC now then you have to be crazy.  There's no way they're about 7 TDs better than like 5 weeks ago.
I am not sure who that is addressed to, but I have said from the start we would have at least 7 wins but I thought we would go 9-3. People's prediction change due to the fact that we beat one of the hardest teams on our schedule so easy. Win the hardest game, and the other games look much easier.

justin_njhs09

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 07, 2006, 11:50:19 pm
Quote from: Peter Griffin on October 07, 2006, 11:00:59 pm
I am not sure who that is addressed to, but I have said from the start we would have at least 7 wins but I thought we would go 9-3. People's prediction change due to the fact that we beat one of the hardest teams on our schedule so easy. Win the hardest game, and the other games look much easier.

Yes, but what about the Vandy and Alabama game?  They aren't anywhere near the best teams and UA coulda easily lost both of these.

RD™

Quote from: Under Armour X-Factor on October 07, 2006, 11:27:31 pm
Quote from: Johnny Drama on October 07, 2006, 10:21:53 am
Quote from: RD™ on October 07, 2006, 10:06:55 am
Can Houston® Nutt® pull of this miracle? Hopefully the Razorbacks® execute a good game plan, they have had two weeks up in Fayetteville® preparing for the SEC®'s best team this week.

If Nutt pulls one out of his arse today I will put his picture as my avatar for a week and change my profile name to Nutt Hugger. That is how confident I am that we won't win today.
I'm waiting.

jbell96

I am a man of my word. That hideous picture is now my avatar.

hogfan7725

Your right we did barely beat those teams, but we have been steadily climbing the ladder. This week is an off week mustain should be taken out by the end of the first quarter.

RHS

QuoteNice job keeping Mustain free, he's got time to make a sandwich back there.

One of the funniest things in this thread.

POTG on defense is Anderson, though Ernest Mitchell did pretty good as well.

Offensive POTG is McFadden. Jones a close 2nd and Hillir 3rd for me with his catch for a 1st down and I also saw him throw some nice blocks to open up some holes.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas