• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs LSU game moving to October

Started by Mulerider, June 01, 2012, 08:58:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulerider

Word on the Texas and Louisiana message boards is that aTm will replace Arkansas as the final opponent on the LSU schedule and Missouri will end the season with the Hogs.

If this happens maybe Arkansas can come up with some "Boot" like gimmick to start a rivalry with Missouri like they did with LSU.

TV money will make this call and Texas will probably have more pull to make this happen even though Long says he knows nothing about it.

Anybody heard anything?

Smithian

If so....

Wow. Arkansas didn't have much to gain from expansion and if we lose LSU at Thanksgiving. then it's a slap in the face.

sevenof400

Reordering the Arkansas conference schedule would be a good thing IF they didn't always open with Alabama.  If the LSU game is to move from the last date, Arkansas should also insist that they open with someone other than Alabama.

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: Mulerider on June 01, 2012, 08:58:08 pm
Word on the Texas and Louisiana message boards is that aTm will replace Arkansas as the final opponent on the LSU schedule and Missouri will end the season with the Hogs.

If this happens maybe Arkansas can come up with some "Boot" like gimmick to start a rivalry with Missouri like they did with LSU.

TV money will make this call and Texas will probably have more pull to make this happen even though Long says he knows nothing about it.

Anybody heard anything?

Texas, maybe.  A&M no chance. Two different kinds of "pull" entirely....

Mulerider

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on June 02, 2012, 09:28:35 pm
Quote from: Mulerider on June 01, 2012, 08:58:08 pm

Anybody heard anything?

Texas, maybe.  A&M no chance. Two different kinds of "pull" entirely....

If it comes down to TV market, aTm will always pull more interest than Arkansas.  I agree Texas has more pull than aTm but aTm definitely has a much larger fan base with much more national and regional interest than the Hogs have.

LSU wants aTm on the last weekend of the season so that may sway some of the schedule makers as well.

CHSTigersFan

I have also heard LSU was going to A&M for the last game of the season which sucks cause I really enjoy eatting Turkey on Thursday and Pig on Friday ;D

Seriously though I have heard LSU/A&M and Ark/Mizzou are gonna happen next year.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas