• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 CFN Post-Spring Rankings

Started by fastdrop, May 08, 2012, 09:07:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fastdrop

1. LSU
(2011 Record: 13-1, 2012 Roughly Projected Record: 12-0)

4. Alabama
(2011 Record: 12-1, 2012 Roughly Projected Record: 10-2)

7. South Carolina
(2011 Record: 11-2, 2012 Roughly Projected Record: 9-3)

8. Georgia
(2011 Record: 10-4, 2012 Roughly Projected Record: 9-3)

18. Arkansas
(2011 Record: 11-2, 2012 Roughly Projected Record: 8-4)

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1184156.html

Big Fan

88. Arkansas State
(2011 Record: 10-3, 2012 Roughly Projected Record: 7-5)

fastdrop

At 88 ASU moves up over the 2012 season. At 18 the Hogs are about where they will end up. If the aggies beat them like I am predicting they will fall out of the top 25.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: fastdrop on May 09, 2012, 07:46:42 amIf the aggies beat them like I am predicting

You should move to Vegas.

It'll be amusing seeing you live under an overpass.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 09, 2012, 08:07:17 am
Quote from: fastdrop on May 09, 2012, 07:46:42 amIf the aggies beat them like I am predicting

lololololololol...Hysterical...but true... ;D

fastdrop

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on May 09, 2012, 10:31:35 am

You and Ivan would get a kick out of running over someones pet dog too.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: fastdrop on May 09, 2012, 11:43:48 am
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on May 09, 2012, 10:31:35 am

You and Ivan would get a kick out of running over someones pet dog too.
I don't know about Ivan but with me it would all depend on the breed of dog...lol...

DerekOxford

Whoever wrote up the rankings obviously didn't do their homework; Arkansas isn't playing A&M in Arlington.

fastdrop

Exactly D O if they did they would of put Arkansas at 7-5.

bleudog

For entertainment purposes only:

Jacksonville State at Arkansas -36
Arkansas -27 at Louisiana-Monroe
Alabama -3.5 at Arkansas
Rutgers at Arkansas -14.5
Arkansas -2.5 at Texas A&M
Arkansas at Auburn -1
Kentucky at Arkansas -24.5
Ole Miss at Arkansas -23
Tulsa at Arkansas -20.5
Arkansas at South Carolina -5
Arkansas -1 at Mississippi State
LSU -3.5 at Arkansas

http://beyondthebets.com/2012/06/06/never-too-early-college-football-point-spread-projections-for-all-798-regular-season-games/

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I would take Arkansas and the points against Auburn and South Carolina.  I would probably also take Ole Miss and Kentucky with the amount of points you are getting since we hardly ever play well against either of those teams.

I don't see how we are favored at Texas A&M and then are dogs at Auburn.  A&M should be better than Auburn and College Station is a much tougher place to play.

Coach Runyan

A little Saturday research from a day spent at home with a sick kiddo and wife:

(based on ESPN top 150)
Class of 2012 Recruiting:

# of recruits signed by SEC West teams - 30
# of recruits signed by Mizzou - 2
# of recruits signed by Arkansas - 0
# of recruits in the top 150 from the state of AR - 0

Class of 2013 Recruiting
# of recruits committed to SEC West teams - 17
# of recruits committed to Arkansas - 0
# of recruits in the top 150 from the state of AR - 2 (Tenpenny and Henry)

So, let me start by saying I am not a Razorback fan, but I don't root against them. I would love to see UA, ASU and UCA do well every year. However, if I were a Razorback fan, this would be pretty alarming.

The SEC is growing. The teams you are bringing in are out recruiting you on a national stage (according to rankings) and your state is producing very few elite athletes on a yearly basis (some of which are leaving for other conference schools). There is a decent chance that both Tenpenny and Henry go out-of-state. Even Ole Miss and their "Sun Belt" head coach are getting some in-state 4 stars to stay at home.

Point being, I know some people think that being preseason #18 is too low for UofA. Until all of this somehow changes, and you start seeing more Hog logos next to these kids (especially ones that play on the defensive side of the ball), I think a perennial top 25 finish isn't something to frown upon.

Even if you look at the Vegas odds, it paints a pretty familiar picture:
- beat most, if not all, conference opponents you should beat
- lose to the national powerhouses
- wins or losses vs. programs like Auburn and SC make the difference between 8-4 and 10-2

From listening to talk radio, I guess this is a bad thing. When you get out recruited every year (for whatever reason) and rely on turning local talent like Jay Wright and Childs into playmakers.....it seems like national title contenders is a bit of a stretch.

Mulerider

In the history of Hog football, have they ever won 10 or more games 3 years in a row? 

DerekOxford

'64-66, '77-79, and '87-'89 they were close...

Results:

'64-66: 11-0, 10-1 and 8-2; two Cotton Bowls, one national championship, lost only two SWC games during that time frame.

'77-79: 11-1, 9-2-1, 10-2; Orange, Fiesta, Sugar (three modern-day BCS Bowls), defeated OU, tied UCLA, lost to maybe greatest Alabama team of all time.

'87-89: 9-4, 10-2, 10-2; Liberty, Cotton, Cotton. Lost all three bowl games, most fans say that it was very boring to watch despite the 29-8 record.

Mulerider

So the answer is, No, they have not?  So if the Hogs can pull out 10 wins this season it will be the greatest stretch of football in the programs history.  I think they can do it.  They will probably only be underdogs in 2 games and the OCC schedule is typically weak so they only game they will probably be favored in that could be dangerous is at South Carolina.

DerekOxford

Quote from: Mulerider on June 10, 2012, 09:50:03 am
So the answer is, No, they have not?  So if the Hogs can pull out 10 wins this season it will be the greatest stretch of football in the programs history.  I think they can do it.  They will probably only be underdogs in 2 games and the OCC schedule is typically weak so they only game they will probably be favored in that could be dangerous is at South Carolina.

I say 9-3, loss to either A&M or USC-E coupled with Bama/LSU. Playing at Kyle Field will hurt the Hogs, they'll definitely miss the home field of Arlington.

10-2 best case if you either split with Bama or LSU in Fayetteville.

Worst case 7-5, if Smith completely just cannot get it done and the players don't respond to not having BP around.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Mulerider on June 09, 2012, 03:48:39 pm
In the history of Hog football, have they ever won 10 or more games 3 years in a row? 

In the history of SAU, has anyone ever given a dang?

Let's see you go full retard again.

Mulerider

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 12, 2012, 01:08:32 am
Quote from: Mulerider on June 09, 2012, 03:48:39 pm

In the history of SAU, has anyone ever given a dang?

Let's see you go full retard again.

I don't think anyone at SAU cares whether or not Arkansas has ever won 10 in a row for 3 consecutive years.  And since they haven't, I would say it probably pretty safe to say they will not this year.  But I hope they do, its good for the SEC to have multiple 10 win teams.  It's also good for the Hogs to have a nice stretch like this so their fans can actually believe they are relevant in college football.

So here is a big Go Hogs for you!  Does that make you feel better about your team?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas