• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Petrino injured in accident

Started by Romeo, April 02, 2012, 07:31:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridge Rat

Petrino lied to his boss. That's gonna cost him his job. I hate it, but that's gonna get ya every time.

DogsWin7

Tell the truth if it takes the hide...........I was always taught.  Looks like it may do just that. sad.

Coaches are to be held to higher standards, but he his human and we all make mistakes, do not know how much forgiveness the state of Arkansas has yet..........

Thought maybe he was going to get to use his accident of not wearing a helmet as perhaps a platform to benefit kid's to tell them to wear one because they usually look up to people like a HC for the Razorbacks.........

Ex-HAplayer

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on April 06, 2012, 08:21:33 am
Tell the truth if it takes the hide...........I was always taught.  Looks like it may do just that. sad.

Coaches are to be held to higher standards, but he his human and we all make mistakes, do not know how much forgiveness the state of Arkansas has yet..........

Thought maybe he was going to get to use his accident of not wearing a helmet as perhaps a platform to benefit kid's to tell them to wear one because they usually look up to people like a HC for the Razorbacks.........

Obviously they have a lot if you have half the state taking up for him and spinning it.  Nevertheless, He lied about this young lady to his boss, hired this girl and had an affair with her...he should resign. 

Valleysports

Quote from: True Believer on April 06, 2012, 06:08:27 am
I'm sorry Rich.   I disagree with a lot of your post. 

Again.  I hope he comes out OK.  I hope the program stays strong.   

He should have done  a lot of things and this is not just the woman he is having the "relatioinship" with fault.   As most people know "It takes two"    It really amazes me how people can just blame her for this.  I'm not taking up for her but they were both on the motorcycle and he is 51 years old.  She is an adult also and I feel for her fiance right now too.  This is all so sad and so many people are hurting.   Not just us Razorback fans people.  I wanted to wake up this morning and think "Wow what a crazy dream that was last night."

I have read so many posts and most of them are either anger, disgust or people just down right scared about the Razorback program. 

He made a mistake.   We all make mistakes in different areas of our lives.   Let's see what happens now. 

Go Hogs forever!   The Hogs to me is the team.    I will always support the team.  Whoever the coach may be.  I hope he stays.  I hope he doesn't lose his job.

I explained, to my wife, how Mrs Petrino probably caused the whole thing!  ::)

fastdrop

Quote from: Valleysports on April 06, 2012, 08:42:41 am

He should have done  a lot of things and this is not just the woman he is having the "relatioinship" with fault.   As most people know "It takes two"    It really amazes me how people can just blame her for this.  I'm not taking up for her but they were both on the motorcycle and he is 51 years old.  She is an adult also and I feel for her fiance right now too.  This is all so sad and so many people are hurting.   Not just us Razorback fans people.  I wanted to wake up this morning and think "Wow what a crazy dream that was last night."

I have read so many posts and most of them are either anger, disgust or people just down right scared about the Razorback program. 

He made a mistake.   We all make mistakes in different areas of our lives.   Let's see what happens now. 

Go Hogs forever!   The Hogs to me is the team.    I will always support the team.  Whoever the coach may be.  I hope he stays.  I hope he doesn't lose his job.

and it reminds you of a certain softball coach whom did not make yahoo news.

Valleysports

Haha well sorta - except Bobby is 51 yrs old, so his wife must be about the same age.  You know what that means, she probably hasn't felt appreciated for long stretches of time.  Probably wouldn't ride the motorcycle either.  First think I thought of - what kind of bike - how hot is the blonde?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: fastdrop on April 06, 2012, 07:49:47 am
some funny stuff on Hogville

Is this guy really serious?

>:(
If your gonna dump CBP over some possible legal entanglements, or trying to put on airs of being consistent, then you better bring in the best coach in America.

I don't have a short list of who I would be satisfied with.

If the replacement hire isn't a home run, then Long you can back your crap and move back to where ever it is your from,......

I'm so angry/disappointed that I don't even know if CBP's survival, will fix this.  It probably won't.

What happened to campus police turning players over to coaches, instead of charging them?

What happened to State Troopers letting the Head Hog fill out his own accident report?

Why are the legal enforcement people of NWA not on board with the fact that our football players and coaches ARE above the law.  I'm saying that if you catch the starting QB tooting coke on Dickson st, then you take him unannounced to the head coaches house, report your findings and confiscate his drugs.  Let the justice be in house,......

....oh screw it, the Hogs are done, stick a fork in'm.......

....this feels like the end....

Amazing.

That said, if you started posting there, it'd lower the overall IQ of the place.

Romeo

Anyone else besides me having doubts that Petrino will still be the head coach by the spring game?

Valleysports

He needs Clinton's reelection team!

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Rich Sanders on April 06, 2012, 12:29:03 am
Let people jump up and stomp us for a few days. It's happened before. Not our fault.
Our strength is in our support for people even when we know they're wrong.

So as a football coach, I'll take Bobby Petrino and a hundred affairs over that guy he replaced. Eat your heart out, Houston Nutt.

Petrino is our football coach. That's all he is. We had a President from this state who probably makes BP look like a sophomore in high school when it comes to womanizing.
I could live with Clinton's escapades, too. It didn't keep him from doing a good job and it won't keep BP from doing a better job.

Petrino can walk on the field after getting his butt kicked by LSU and tell Les Miles F-You.
I won't lie. I like that.

He's shown some humility and remorse in this situation. I like that. We never saw humility or remorse from that Little Rock braggart. He just chewed his dang fingernails. Made us look soft.

Yeah, Petrino sure screwed this up. But he's a football coach. He did what many a football coach has done and not all of them have been found out. Hopefully, he won't do it ever again.

I feel bad for his family. I don't figure his wife asked for this.

I don't feel bad at all for this chick. "Hot" blonde? Wow. Our standards have dwindled.
And about to be married? Good luck with that.
How about that she's just a freakin' opportunist. Stick a Florida cap on her and run her out of town. But give me a few days and maybe I'll reconsider my stance on her.

Of course, getting rid of her creates more problems. You stand behind Petrino and all the sudden you've created a leech with this girl that you'll never get rid of -- with a state-funded job to boot.

Me, I'll stand behind him. I told my wife this afternoon just how bad this could get and almost got giddy with the thought that, even if it is as bad as I thought, I still wouldn't trade him for the last five guys. Why? Because his job is to put a good football team on the field and coach his rear off for 60 minutes every Saturday in the fall.
You want a role model? Billy Graham is still living. I hear he still prefers option football, though, and he's going to only throw on third-and-long.

Jeff Long won't be tossing Petrino back into the ditch, either. It would be the beginning of the end of his career here.
It does no good these days to hold the moral compass up and point to the guy going the wrong way and telling him "you're done." If you do that, you'll find you've got to get rid of a whole lot of people.

This will hurt recruiting? No way. The best of these kids that come to school here won't think any worse of Petrino than the ones who came here knowing he quit on the Atlanta Falcons. If they are coming here to teach Sunday School, then yeah, we might have trouble getting some of them. But since they're coming here to play football, I don't think we've got nearly as much to worry about as the Chicken Littles would have you believe.

So just take some time, wipe the egg of our faces and wear the scars with pride.
After all, we're just a bunch of Arkansans. Seldom are we the best, but we always strive to be better.

We are who we are and we make no bones about it.

WE ARE RAZORBACKS.

And dadgummit, so is Bobby Petrino.
Great Post...just a great post...couldn't have said it better myself...

bdubyab60

Is amazing to me how supposedly smart people can be so dumb. The affair is not the big problem its an affair with someone he has hired to fill a position with the team. Assuming the affair was going on before the hire. Now the school is open to lawsuits for the people that interviewed for that position. Then you have te lying to the administration on top of that. Anything with his family is his business. If this had been just some girl from around the way it might of not even made the news except for the wreck and some gossip columns. Lets face it Razorback fans we knew he was a liar when he first took the job the track record speaks for itself. In some way all college coaches are they have to be to recruit, but when you do something like this its probably going to cost you your job. However winning football games is the most important thing isnt it. Ahhh sarcasm

Valleysports

April 06, 2012, 09:13:36 am #61 Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 09:16:06 am by Valleysports
Was it a Harley, Honda, What?

It's on the National News - watching it here in Alaska!  :D

yeah buddy

Quote from: Romeo on April 06, 2012, 09:01:16 am
Anyone else besides me having doubts that Petrino will still be the head coach by the spring game?

I'm having doubts.

olddog79

Quote from: Valleysports on April 06, 2012, 09:13:36 am
Was it a Harley, Honda, What?

It's on the National News - watching it here in Alaska!  :D
it was a Harley...btw where's the Bimbo eruption team when you need them? Somebody call Bill. He would know what to do.

Dang Bobby, how can you be soooo stupid?

Peety

If this would have been Malzahn...you know how hard the Razorback fans would be hitting us right now? About 10 pages long already

Ridge Rat

I'm getting that sale ol feeling I had when Hatfield hit the eject button. That sure didn't do any favors to the program.

zebradynasty

First, DO NOT FIRE PETRINO! Believe it or not this whole thing can still be saved. The only real issue is was this girl hired because of her relationship with BP. Most likely L yes! Other applicants could really make a stink. However, I imagine Dorrell will be resigning so the position will again be open and they just hire the person that should have gotten the job in the first place. The lying to the boss can be spinned he lied about his PERSONAL life to keep from interfering with his professional life. We all know a lie is a lie but how we react to a lie is the real issue here. Actually it didn't matter if he lied or told the truth to his boss the result is the same. One good thing is he didn't lie to the State Police. This is not even close to the Penn State debacle. Right now let the people in charge to run the program (NOT FF, HOGVILLE, STUDENTS, PARENTS, ZD...) take a minute, analyze the situation and not overreact. Make an intelligent decision not one based on emotions. Calls for his resignation...MAJOR overreaction!

So far I am liking Jeff Long he is earning his pay in my book.

bdubyab60

Heres an article from out kick the coverage. keep in mind poor fella is a tennesee and vandy fan.
http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/will-arkansas-fire-bobby-petrino.php

he does have another article up that is pretty funny on the situation. At one point he explains how Dorrells fiancee is a Florida graduate and that this is Petrinos first win over Florida. Even though im a Razorback fan i found that pretty funny. but his article does bring up some good points.

Iknewthemwhen

Very interesting reading.   Took a while to get through it all.   So lets say he is indeed guilty of exactly what folks, including myself are thinking in the worse case scenario.  Probably fired, ala Bowden when at Auburn?   
On the other hand lets consider the high road, no pun.  He made a bad judgement call because some attractive young blonde flirted or returned some flirtaous exchanges.  They talked about riding bikes, she said she'd love to do that sometime, he says sure I'll take you out for a ride.  Nothing happened except a bike ride, (now remember we are on that high road again), there is a crash and Ooops we have a problem.  Coach P immediately thinks what is this going to look like to, wife, family, boss, fans, and on and on.  Immeidate reaction is somehow cover my @$$ so this doesn't get out and nobody finds out.  Becky will find out, will be livid but she will also understand because she know Dorrell and actually likes her, thinks she is an ok person.  (high road)!!,   So he gets taken to meeting point because he was out riding when he decided, Hey, I remember that Dorrell wanted to go for a ride, I have that number in my speed dail and maybe she'd like to meet me out here where I'm already at.  That's why her care was at Crossover and Huntsville rd, he didn't want to go all the way to Fayettevill to get her.  She left at the dropoff because like Coach she knew this would look bad to folks so lets try to do damage control.   She was mentioned so they knew it would come out.  He wasn't lying, just trying to keep it in the family.  Biggest problem was PR after the fact.  Bobby should have said yeah, had a passenger, friend of family and Becky knew, (remember Becky's really on board the high road here) and we just fill terrible about how this might of turned out, we are all so lucky to be safe and with injuries that will heal up.  Becky says next time Bobby goes for a ride he has to make sure everyone wears a helmet.   By the way Doral and Morgan are coming over for a cookout and we'll all have a good laugh when Bobby can move his neck.
See, there is a happy ending.

DogsWin7

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 06, 2012, 09:47:35 am
First, DO NOT FIRE PETRINO! Believe it or not this whole thing can still be saved. The only real issue is was this girl hired because of her relationship with BP. Most likely L yes! Other applicants could really make a stink. However, I imagine Dorrell will be resigning so the position will again be open and they just hire the person that should have gotten the job in the first place. The lying to the boss can be spinned he lied about his PERSONAL life to keep from interfering with his professional life. We all know a lie is a lie but how we react to a lie is the real issue here. Actually it didn't matter if he lied or told the truth to his boss the result is the same. One good thing is he didn't lie to the State Police. This is not even close to the Penn State debacle. Right now let the people in charge to run the program (NOT FF, HOGVILLE, STUDENTS, PARENTS, ZD...) take a minute, analyze the situation and not overreact. Make an intelligent decision not one based on emotions. Calls for his resignation...MAJOR overreaction!

So far I am liking Jeff Long he is earning his pay in my book.

Jeff Long is an Excellent representive for the University but even he is going to have his hands full over this deal..............

All plays back to the Media, preceptions and now critical opinions of the fans.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on April 06, 2012, 09:03:29 am

Could help but in the end ole' Bill was impeached................ ;D

zebradynasty

I agree with some of the article but the author ran off the road into a brush pile when he suggested that the SEC will get involved. This is entirely an Arkansas employment issue! Long is in a very tight spot. He needs to punish BP but he can't go over the top because that's like putting blood in the water (more) come recruiting. If recruits feel like BP will get canned the next wrong thing he does...they are just gonna say ARKANSAS and move on to another school! 

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on April 06, 2012, 10:34:18 am

NO, he was brought up for impeachment but if failed for lack of votes.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on April 06, 2012, 10:41:49 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on April 06, 2012, 10:34:18 am

NO, he was brought up for impeachment but if failed for lack of votes.
yep........acquited on the lewinsky and jones scandel on feb. 12, 1999.  17 votes shy........... :'(

CHSTigersFan

Should I take the redhead or the blonde? One is hott the other makes me look like a conehead LLLOOOLLL!!!
All the more funny since he was an butt to Miles!!!

thebigshot

I have a gut feeling Arkansas will be looking for a new coach soon. Not too many people see it coming. The media is having a field day with this and other people as well. Something you got to remember is people get fired or let go for simple stuff every day. This is a integrity issue more then anything. His days at Arkansas is done, I hate to say this but it's going to happen.  This has put a bad picture and a taste at UofA.

Ex-HAplayer

We don't tolerate this type of behavior in Arkansas, Bobby.

-Bill Clinton

DogsWin7

April 06, 2012, 12:44:27 pm #77 Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 01:28:38 pm by DiehardFBfan
Definitely has golden hair..........

They have took picture of Petrino and placed them over her poor boyfriends face......Ugly media..

Feel bad for Everyone involved.

War Eagle

Quote from: Romeo on April 06, 2012, 05:08:17 am
Today is going to be a long day for razorback fans. The press and media is going to hammer Petrino and the university all day.

Welcome to the past two years of being an Auburn fan.

I've hated how people on this board have consistently talked about Auburn University as the scum of the earth and a breeding ground for immorality.  I find it funny that some of those same people who said Auburn needed to be "burned to the ground" are now saying "Who cares about what goes on behind the scenes?  Just win ball games".  But I understand people are going to be subjective in what they say.  I wanted to sit on here and troll on the board now that all of this has come out.  But as I read more about it, I feel more and more sorry for Petrino's family (not Petrino himself.  I have always believed he is a pretty poor human being).  This is an awful situation for you guys.  I've said many times that if it comes out and is proved that Auburn is doing something bad, I don't mind if Auburn is a cellar-dweller for the next 10 years, I want AU to clean house.  So now I believe people will be divided on whether they want to go with winning football games or go with their moral convictions.  I can honestly say that is a tough decision for some.

Valleysports

Scum always wants to rise on others laundry!  Get back up on that Hog and ride Bobby, you can dooo it!!!!!!!

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: War Eagle on April 06, 2012, 01:48:07 pm
Today is going to be a long day for razorback fans. The press and media is going to hammer Petrino and the university all day.

I've hated how people on this board have consistently talked about Auburn University as the scum of the earth and a breeding ground for immorality.  I find it funny that some of those same people who said Auburn needed to be "burned to the ground" are now saying "Who cares about what goes on behind the scenes?  Just win ball games".  But I understand people are going to be subjective in what they say.  I wanted to sit on here and troll on the board now that all of this has come out.  But as I read more about it, I feel more and more sorry for Petrino's family (not Petrino himself.  I have always believed he is a pretty poor human being).  This is an awful situation for you guys.  I've said many times that if it comes out and is proved that Auburn is doing something bad, I don't mind if Auburn is a cellar-dweller for the next 10 years, I want AU to clean house.  So now I believe people will be divided on whether they want to go with winning football games or go with their moral convictions.  I can honestly say that is a tough decision for some.
There is a big difference in cheating on your spouse and cheating to win...

rightguard

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 06, 2012, 09:47:35 am
This is not even close to the Penn State debacle.

Yeah, but it is also far worse than tOSU/Tressel debacle. Petrino needs to go.

Ridge Rat

How do you figure far worse than Tressel? Both lied to cover their own rears, at least Petrino's not gonna bring in the NCAA.

Ridge Rat

Wow, some dirtbag calling in on Mattingly's show bringing race into it. Gonna be all kinds of stupidity flying around.

Eddie Goodson

I now believe he will survive all this unless there are more than just this woman and any of those women are connected to the football program. If that is the case, he is done.

The best thing for him to do now is come clean with Long and his family. Squeaky clean. No matter how bad or how much, come clean. Then let Long do his job. If there are no other women, he'll most likely be suspended for the spring up till SEC media days without pay. He better use the time to try and save his family, if that is possible now.

What may end up saving his rear in the whole deal is that Long himself had to sign off on hiring the girl. That ball falls in his court. And to be clear, neither the supposed affair nor the lies in the press release and presser will be him fired. It's hiring his mistress that poses the problem.

C_A_Morris

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 06, 2012, 03:42:03 pmIt's hiring his mistress that poses the problem.

QFT.

What you do on your personal time is...well...personal. Whether or not you, I, or anyone else agrees with it doesn't really matter.

Even the lying portion can be forgiven by most people and institutions.

However, as several have said: Putting your mistress on the payroll is something that causes problems that don't easily go away. If Petrino falls, it won't be for the affair(s) or lying. It will be for this.

War Eagle

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on April 06, 2012, 02:32:59 pm

So cheating to win (which unlike BP, AU was never caught cheating) makes AU scum but cheating on your wife and doing all of the things that BP has done doesn't make him scum?

Billyo62

Quote from: Romeo on April 06, 2012, 09:01:16 am

No, I think he is gone...  will announce his resignation late next week..

Ex-HAplayer

Quote from: War Eagle on April 06, 2012, 04:27:54 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on April 06, 2012, 02:32:59 pm

So cheating to win (which unlike BP, AU was never caught cheating) makes AU scum but cheating on your wife and doing all of the things that BP has done doesn't make him scum?

Don't even argue. The people on this board bashed Auburn for being accused of cheating which the NCAA found no wrongdoing.  Than they bashed them for the stupidity of some of players to rob someone.  All of a sudden criminal activity happens from a player on the Arkansas team. Oh than they make fun of Gus's wife. Now look at Petrino. Now the Arkansas state police is taken a look at the trooper who reported on the scene. Its all KARMA.

Breitontime

True Fan

It's not karma, it's the media's obsession with the hot story.

In Auburns case, many if the allegations were found true and rationalized away. Overlooked because of a technicality or ambiguous rule.

Look for the same to happen here.

Iknewthemwhen

Isn't it about University policy in the end?  If the university has a policy that clearly says you cannot have an affair with an employee then he has to go.  If not he may have a second life. 
I listened to folks on the radio today talking about how he should be allowed to stay, mostly based on the fact he is winning, loosely vailed by the forgiving christian story.  If he was loosing does anyone think anyone would be trying to keep him?   
If they want to keep him just say so, say our rules don't matter and we want a winning coach, that's what is the most important thing.

Iknewthemwhen

Of couse he had to have had an affair, not just a motorcycle ride.

True Believer

LOL...well of course she did.   That's how this whole thing happened.   

Ex-HAplayer

Quote from: True Fan on April 06, 2012, 05:52:11 pm
It's not karma, it's the media's obsession with the hot story.

In Auburns case, many if the allegations were found true and rationalized away. Overlooked because of a technicality or ambiguous rule.

Look for the same to happen here.

Found true?? Please find me a link. This won't be rationalized away. Petrino will be fired or resign. Do you understand that he had an affair with a woman that he hired? Than lied about it..no no no he will be gone.

Iknewthemwhen

Did he admit to a sexual relationship?   In his position, perception is reality, is killing him. He realized the mistake, an inappropriate looking relationship. 

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on April 06, 2012, 05:54:42 pm
Isn't it about University policy in the end?  If the university has a policy that clearly says you cannot have an affair with an employee then he has to go.  If not he may have a second life. 
I listened to folks on the radio today talking about how he should be allowed to stay, mostly based on the fact he is winning, loosely vailed by the forgiving christian story.  If he was loosing does anyone think anyone would be trying to keep him?   
If they want to keep him just say so, say our rules don't matter and we want a winning coach, that's what is the most important thing.
She's only been on the job a week ago Wednesday. Who's to say they haven't done anything since then. That issue is nigh on impossible to prove unless one party confesses or you catch them in the act.

Valleysports

Quote from: True Believer on April 06, 2012, 05:57:10 pm

LOL...well of course she did.   That's how this whole thing happened.

Bout Time - well I'm in the dog house again - I think it was the comment "Let that be a lesson to all you wives who don't take care of your man at home".   ::)   

Ex-HAplayer

Gene Chizik is a cheat, he should be fired along with gus.
Les Miles is a hick, all around terrible guy.
Saban is horrible, dirty and disgusting person. Would do anything to win.
- Arkansas fans last year

Petrino wins football games. He didn't break any laws and we didn't hire a saint.  He is forgiven
- Arkansas fans the last 12 hours.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas