• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Petrino injured in accident

Started by Romeo, April 02, 2012, 07:31:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fnu lnu

April 06, 2012, 08:38:11 pm #100 Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:40:56 pm by fnu lnu
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on April 06, 2012, 11:01:54 am
Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on April 06, 2012, 10:41:49 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on April 06, 2012, 10:34:18 am
Quote from: Valleysports on April 06, 2012, 09:03:29 am
He needs Clinton's reelection team!

Could help but in the end ole' Bill was impeached................ ;D
NO, he was brought up for impeachment but if failed for lack of votes.
yep........acquited on the lewinsky and jones scandel on feb. 12, 1999.  17 votes shy........... :'(

Long has handled a tough situation (no one wants to have to be on the hook for) up to this point professionally.  Coach Petrino's biggest obstacle to clear right now is the fact that he lied to his boss.  There are many times and places where one can lie and avoid real consequences.  Lying to your boss in an official setting is not one of them.  I suspect Long will gather the facts he can, weigh them, and make a decision.  I guess it's up to him how much weight he wants to give the statements he received from Petrino.  The weight of Petrino's statements may ultimately decide his fate more so than any other issue at hand. 

I included the above quotes just to point out as an aside that Clinton was impeached.  That is nothing more than a charging document issued by Congress to bring charges.  He was acquitted on the charges. 

JonesboroPete

Seven words will sum up how this will end:  Thirty one and five. Twelve. Five. Fourteen.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on April 06, 2012, 06:32:20 pm
Quote from: True Believer on April 06, 2012, 05:57:10 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on April 06, 2012, 08:42:41 am
Quote from: True Believer on April 06, 2012, 06:08:27 am
I'm sorry Rich.   I disagree with a lot of your post. 

Again.  I hope he comes out OK.  I hope the program stays strong.   

He should have done  a lot of things and this is not just the woman he is having the "relatioinship" with fault.   As most people know "It takes two"    It really amazes me how people can just blame her for this.  I'm not taking up for her but they were both on the motorcycle and he is 51 years old.  She is an adult also and I feel for her fiance right now too.  This is all so sad and so many people are hurting.   Not just us Razorback fans people.  I wanted to wake up this morning and think "Wow what a crazy dream that was last night."

I have read so many posts and most of them are either anger, disgust or people just down right scared about the Razorback program. 

He made a mistake.   We all make mistakes in different areas of our lives.   Let's see what happens now. 

Go Hogs forever!   The Hogs to me is the team.    I will always support the team.  Whoever the coach may be.  I hope he stays.  I hope he doesn't lose his job.

I explained, to my wife, how Mrs Petrino probably caused the whole thing!  ::)

LOL...well of course she did.   That's how this whole thing happened.

Bout Time - well I'm in the dog house again - I think it was the comment "Let that be a lesson to all you wives who don't take care of your man at home".   ::)

Is that why u are in Alaska?  Your wife shipped you down there again didn't she ;D

fastdrop

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 06, 2012, 03:42:03 pm
I now believe he will survive all this unless there are more than just this woman and any of those women are connected to the football program. If that is the case, he is done.

The best thing for him to do now is come clean with Long and his family. Squeaky clean. No matter how bad or how much, come clean. Then let Long do his job. If there are no other women, he'll most likely be suspended for the spring up till SEC media days without pay. He better use the time to try and save his family, if that is possible now.

What may end up saving his rear in the whole deal is that Long himself had to sign off on hiring the girl. That ball falls in his court. And to be clear, neither the supposed affair nor the lies in the press release and presser will be him fired. It's hiring his mistress that poses the problem.
If he survives he will be the laughingstock of the SEC. There are already dozens of photo shops making fun of him. He has become an SEC joke ..... too bad. I would not wish that on anybody.

fastdrop

Quote from: Billyo62 on April 06, 2012, 05:06:23 pm
Quote from: Romeo on April 06, 2012, 09:01:16 am
Anyone else besides me having doubts that Petrino will still be the head coach by the spring game?

No, I think he is gone...  will announce his resignation late next week..
Yep.... This would be the best way out for all involved. I bet if he resigns he goes out with money in his pocket. The Razorback fans should be getting tired of having to pay coaches to leave by now.

AirWarren

bleudog

April 06, 2012, 09:47:54 pm #106 Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:00:15 pm by bleudog
http://news.yahoo.com/petrino-didnt-want-911-call-called-security-223807233--spt.html

Got to ask, did Petrino create a $55,735 job for Dorrell or was that job already in place and vacant?

Ex-HAplayer

What I don't get is why people are mad that the guy called 911. He saw a bike abandoned and he called 911 to notify them of such and you have people saying he should've kept his mouth shut. WOW

zebradynasty

Quote from: bleudog on April 06, 2012, 09:47:54 pm
http://news.yahoo.com/petrino-didnt-want-911-call-called-security-223807233--spt.html

Got to ask, did Petrino create a $55,735 job for Dorrell or was that job already in place and vacant?

Read somewhere that she was hired to fill a vacancy...yep she did that! :o

JC PIMP

Hoghead

There's a couple of things in life that are undefeated. Women & money are two of them. Bobby Petrino is about to find this out the hard way !!!!!

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: fastdrop on April 06, 2012, 09:09:53 pm
I now believe he will survive all this unless there are more than just this woman and any of those women are connected to the football program. If that is the case, he is done.

The best thing for him to do now is come clean with Long and his family. Squeaky clean. No matter how bad or how much, come clean. Then let Long do his job. If there are no other women, he'll most likely be suspended for the spring up till SEC media days without pay. He better use the time to try and save his family, if that is possible now.

What may end up saving his rear in the whole deal is that Long himself had to sign off on hiring the girl. That ball falls in his court. And to be clear, neither the supposed affair nor the lies in the press release and presser will be him fired. It's hiring his mistress that poses the problem.
If he survives he will be the laughingstock of the SEC. There are already dozens of photo shops making fun of him. He has become an SEC joke ..... too bad. I would not wish that on anybody.
So. People have short memories these days. That will be his last concern.

No. The position was not created for her. They went through the process for properly hiring her. That Long signed off on hiring her may save Petrino. However, that Petrino hid the fact he was having an affair with her may override that.

Hoghead

Well there's already been enough lies told to sink BP. I hate it for the guy. BUT....when you do stupid stuff other stupid stuff is soon to follow. My guess is the damage control team is trying to FIX this. BUT..... it's uglier than the Pope in a brothel in Fayetteville right now. If he makes it pass Monday I'll be surprised.

The guy had everything going for him. Now this ! He might want to call up Coach Rick Petino at Louisville. Slick Rick had a nasty affair that he was able to calm down at the University of Louisville.

It's funny how SOME people on FF "SEESAW" their opinions on moral responsibility. Atheletes caught at a Frat Party going buck wild with co-eds should be kicked off the team. Head Coach having an affair (IF HE WAS) isn't that much of a deal. So what he's a cheat ?  JUST WIN BABY !

Bobby Petrino has some questions at home to answer. That's gonna be tough on his family. Then there's the RAZORBACK FAMILY that he might not be a part of anymore when the cream rises to the top. It's a sad day folks !

fastdrop

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 06, 2012, 11:20:14 pm

Read somewhere that she was hired to fill a vacancy...yep she did that! :o
Hmmmmm..... How did the vacancy come about? Is there someone out there that is foaming at the mouth because they go demoted or terminated to make room for the coach's mistress?

fastdrop

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 07, 2012, 05:20:12 am

So. People have short memories these days. That will be his last concern.

"Hey guess what one of the lead stories on Good Morning America is?  Bobby Petrino and his sleazy rider." 

yep, his image is one of the least of his worries.

JonesboroPete

As they said on ESPN, this will come down to money and wins. He has the wins and no one wants to give that up. Now, for the money. The super-contributors to the program will call the shots. If they start threatening to pull the plug, he will be in trouble. If they stand behind him, he's okay. He won't be the first coach where a program looks the other way on his personal shortcomings. Pitino at Lousville narrowly dodged a rape charge and nothing happens. Calipari banging a cheerleader at Memphis was swept under the rug in their Final Four season. The list is probably longer than our arms. If you win, you are good. If you lose, then you are dirt swept out the door. Red Sanders said it all: Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing. (NOTE: He actually didn't say it that way, but that is the way we interpret it today)

yeah buddy

Quote from: JonesboroPete on April 07, 2012, 08:03:45 am
Pitino at Lousville narrowly dodged a rape charge and nothing happens. Calipari banging a cheerleader at Memphis was swept under the rug in their Final Four season.

Petrino's situation is not comparable to either of these situations you stated.

fastdrop

Quote from: yeah buddy on April 07, 2012, 08:29:08 am
Pitino at Lousville narrowly dodged a rape charge and nothing happens. Calipari banging a cheerleader at Memphis was swept under the rug in their Final Four season.

Petrino's situation is not comparable to either of these situations you stated.
I like it when people start pointing fingers in other directions to say hey I aint so bad. Calipari ----.....---->>>> link please.

Rulesman

It couldn't have happened to a nicer, more deserving guy.

rightguard

Quote from: Ridge Rat on April 06, 2012, 03:21:33 pm
How do you figure far worse than Tressel? Both lied to cover their own rears, at least Petrino's not gonna bring in the NCAA.

Yep and tOSU fired their coach for lying now we will see if Arkansas has as high a standard for coaches who lie to their AD. This is a lose-lose situation for Arkansas as the fan base will never be able to defend BP's arrogant actions. He has made the UofA the butt of all jokes. Firing him and moving on is the only way to get clear of this ordeal.

As for the NCAA, they're a joke. Sure they can levy penalties on a school which has no bearing on this scenario. But when I look at this situation I see a morality issue that goes well beyond not being truthful with Jeff Long. There is a pattern in Petrino's character of not being honest. Having an affair is deceptive. Petrino is a scumbag that Arkansas fans have embraced because he wins. Arkansans who try to defend this kind of behavior only make themselves look bad as having the same low standards. It's a tough lesson to learn but you can't buy a good name.

bleudog

April 07, 2012, 09:01:51 am #120 Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:31:04 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 07, 2012, 05:20:12 am

No. The position was not created for her. They went through the process for properly hiring her. That Long signed off on hiring her may save Petrino. However, that Petrino hid the fact he was having an affair with her may override that.

Let's see,

BP lays his bike down and ends up in the hosptial.  BP doesn't tell Long there was someone with BP when the accident occured.  This omission causes the school to issue a press release that will eventually be contradicted by a police report. 

BP also apparently doesn't tell his boss an applicant for a job in BP's department might have had an "inappropriate relationship in the past" with BP causing Long to sign off on what he probably assumes is a routine hire.

Sounds like a pattern and a trump to me.

Hey, BP picks up a stripper from the local Hog Trough Saloon and rides off into the mountains to get his motor running, that's his business (although don't tell Mike Price that). However, when it involves a relationship(s) with a recently hired public employee(s) in his department and misleading the AD, it's a whole different matter .

True Believer

"Sports do not build character. They reveal it." -- John Wooden

Ex-HAplayer

April 07, 2012, 09:34:09 am #122 Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 09:39:31 am by Ex-HAplayer
He won't get fired. Arkansas just wants to win football games like the rest of the SEC no matter what kind of person their coach is. Now they have seen the light and can take off the glossy red & white glasses. Now, we can end this chant of our program is more classier than yours and see they are on the darkside as well.  Football matters and nothing else...Not character, not feelings, not money and most definitely not morals. Oh how the little taste of winning changes everything.

True Believer

As they said on ESPN, this will come down to money and wins. He has the wins and no one wants to give that up. Now, for the money. The super-contributors to the program will call the shots. If they start threatening to pull the plug, he will be in trouble. If they stand behind him, he's okay. He won't be the first coach where a program looks the other way on his personal shortcomings. Pitino at Lousville narrowly dodged a rape charge and nothing happens. Calipari banging a cheerleader at Memphis was swept under the rug in their Final Four season. The list is probably longer than our arms. If you win, you are good. If you lose, then you are dirt swept out the door. Red Sanders said it all: Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing. (NOTE: He actually didn't say it that way, but that is the way we interpret it today)

Funny.  2 posts.   Jonesboro huh?   Funny.

fastdrop

Long said he has to review all the information before he can make a decision. Petrino lied to him and tried to hide all the details from him.

What more does a boss need to review in making a decision to let someone go?

I agree ---- they are trying to figure out a way to keep Coach sleeezeliawinballgames

BTW .... What makes Hog fans think this guy can win a national championship? He got thumped twice last year. The big games he played in where not even close and I thought he might cry in one of them.

fastdrop

Quote from: True Believer on April 07, 2012, 09:51:12 am

QF anybody

Valleysports

fastdrop - you don't like Petrino?

CHSTigersFan

Quote from: fastdrop on April 07, 2012, 09:52:02 am
Long said he has to review all the information before he can make a decision. Petrino lied to him and tried to hide all the details from him.

What more does a boss need to review in making a decision to let someone go?

I agree ---- they are trying to figure out a way to keep Coach sleeezeliawinballgames

BTW .... What makes Hog fans think this guy can win a national championship? He got thumped twice last year. The big games he played in where not even close and I thought he might cry in one of them.
I wonder if his wife is going to file for divorce, I mean after all wasn't he supposed to be working at the lake with his "wife" Maybe his wife was in on the whole deal and she knew he was giving this girl a ride....Either way I have the same opinion of BP as I did after the LSU game, he is a punk.... I hope they CAN him quick, oh and bring Malzahn back to the hill :D

CHSTigersFan

Helmet A: too hot
Helmet B: makes me look like a "conehead"
Helmet C: (my favorite helmet, it looks like a football helmet) well my main "squeeze" was wearing that one, I told her to wear a different one, but since I like robbing the cradle I gave in........:D

Sorry just thought of that ;)

fastdrop

Quote from: Valleysports on April 07, 2012, 10:18:31 am
I don't know him. But he lost me when he threw a temper tantrum during the LSU game. He was getting out coached and whipped like a yard dawg. He should of just taken it like a man.

other than that and him being my age and hanging out with a girl that is almost my daughters age .... I like him fine...LOL

bleudog

Quote from: CHSTigersFan on April 07, 2012, 10:34:35 am
Helmet C: (my favorite helmet, it looks like a football helmet) well my main "squeeze" was wearing that one, I told her to wear a different one, but since I like robbing the cradle I gave in........:D

Ex-HAplayer

Quote from: fastdrop on April 07, 2012, 10:42:24 am
Quote from: Valleysports on April 07, 2012, 10:18:31 am
I don't know him. But he lost me when he threw a temper tantrum during the LSU game. He was getting out coached and whipped like a yard dawg. He should of just taken it like a man.

other than that and him being my age and hanging out with a girl that is almost my daughters age .... I like him fine...LOL

You should've saw his character when he left the falcons organization with a 78 letter note. This is nothing new. Great college coach but hick of a man.

JonesboroPete

Quote from: True Believer on April 07, 2012, 09:51:12 am

Yes, I'm not a big poster. I was under another name for a while but changed email addresses and forgot my password. I do read on here a lot and thought this was worthy enough to comment on. You may not be getting the gyst of my comment. It is not to justify Petrino's actions by pointing out the sins of others, but to comment on how college sports is all about wins and money and how schools will look around the character flaws in order to keep a successful program going. You asked about a link to Calipari's situation at Memphis and I'm not sure there is one unless the CA reported it back then. I was in Memphis during the Cal years and was an avid supporter and season ticket holder. For over three years I visited a coffee shop each morning where there were several retired coaches who got together to talk about sports, politics, women and whatever other subject came up. The Coach Cal thing was like the Clinton affairs: There wasn't any hard proof, everyone knew it, no one cared as long as he won. To quote one of the old coaches: "As long as he gets us to the Final Four, who gives a s&%t." The end of this Petrino situation won't be settled on morals but on wins and money. I don't like what he has done as a person, but I enjoy watching the games he coaches and think he has done a great job. And yes, I'm from Jonesboro and love it.

CHSTigersFan

Quote from: bleudog on April 07, 2012, 11:08:19 am
Quote from: CHSTigersFan on April 07, 2012, 10:34:35 am

AWESOME!!!! +1

Iknewthemwhen

If Petrino winds up gone, you believe Gus will wind up in Fayetteville.  Not going to happen right now.  besides if he does would that not be similar to BP leaving Atlanta in mid stream. 

C_A_Morris

Quote from: Hoghead on April 07, 2012, 03:32:48 amThere's a couple of things in life that are undefeated. Women & money are two of them.

Father time is another....

Quote from: True Believer on April 07, 2012, 09:15:57 am"Sports do not build character. They reveal it." -- John Wooden

The man knew what he was talking about, didn't he?

Ex-HAplayer

Quote from: Rich Sanders on April 07, 2012, 03:12:13 pm
Day 3 of the debacle and I've got three points from the fallout of Hogate.

1) This isn't about the non-Razorbacks fans. You can make it about you and say somebody's view is BS, but if you're not living in our prespective then your prespective matters about this much
>>>  <<<  that little dandruff-sized spec right between the arrows.
Oh wait, that's just your dandruff on your screen.

2) The longer Petrino stays on as coach under the current circumstances, the better his chances are of staying. It's like a murder trial. The longer the jury is out, the less the chance of a severe conviction.

And props to the Arkansas fans on their actions. We're going to take some heat and then it's going to blow over. People have opinions about our coaches and we have opinions about their coaches. They don't like ours, but the difference in most cases is that we don't want theirs.

I respect all the views of the Arkansas fans. If you want him gone, I respect that; If you want him gone because of his lack of morals, his lies, his attempts to cover up Hogate, and his obvious lack of tact, I respect that; If you want him to stay and don't care what he does, I respect that.
You have a right to your opinion and I respect it.

3) The guy in a tough spot right now is Jeff Long. This could be professional suicide for him either way. He probably alienates a lot of people if he cuts Petrino loose. The program takes a nosedive and could not be so lucky to find another coach of near this quality (in coaching, not bike-riding or marital skills).
Arkansas eventually runs Long off, too, in a way only Arkies can do it. Apathy would run high; funds won't roll in; and our football glory days would be over after they barely got started.
The plus side of dumping Petrino is you can do it at a low fee since he's invoked the "with cause" part of his contract. There will be none of this buying out a bad coach for years while he destroys another SEC team's program. (So maybe we did get our money's worth out of Nutt?)

Long has to bare the brunt of the criticism for keeping Petrino and their "marriage" will be shaky from this point on. Petrino better come to the office every day and thank Long for backing him, thank Hogs fans for supporting him; and work every day to win over the Hogs fans who have every right not to like him.

But in keeping Petrino, Long can get his biggest win: The Hogs keep a great coach and can probably even renegotiate the contract for payment of the coach's transgressions. If Petrino proves to be less effective, which needs to be written in the new contract, then Arkansas dumps him for far less money than the original contract said.
In keeping Petrino, Long can enjoy all the rewards of good years in Arkansas. He, too, would be a little more "married" to his job and couldn't find another without his handling of the "incident" coming out.
Like Petrino, he would be "ours" like never before. We would own them both, for better or for worse.

Ideally -- for me, anyway -- the girl moves on to another job at another school and Petrino stays. That's a must. There is no way she can operate in her new job without ridicule. She can take the high road and resign, doing what's best for the school. If she takes some kind of buyout, it better not ever become public ... she doesn't deserve a penny unless Petrino himself is writing the check.
Petrino gets a paycut, possibly a suspension and a solid year's worth of getting mocked by every SEC team Arkansas faces.
He still has to pay; we just don't have to lose a coach in the process.

Translation: I am a fan and I just want to win games. I can careless about his morals.

Indiana Jones

April 07, 2012, 04:10:32 pm #137 Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 04:13:34 pm by Indiana Jones
An Auburn fan talking about morals
Shall we bring up the dirt on Auburn again?

Pot meet kettle

CathywithaC

Song on YouTube already--"Girl in the Athletic Department in the Volleyball Shorts."

fnu lnu

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 07, 2012, 04:06:10 pm
Quote from: Rich Sanders on April 07, 2012, 03:12:13 pm
Day 3 of the debacle and I've got three points from the fallout of Hogate.

1) This isn't about the non-Razorbacks fans. You can make it about you and say somebody's view is BS, but if you're not living in our prespective then your prespective matters about this much
>>>  <<<  that little dandruff-sized spec right between the arrows.
Oh wait, that's just your dandruff on your screen.

2) The longer Petrino stays on as coach under the current circumstances, the better his chances are of staying. It's like a murder trial. The longer the jury is out, the less the chance of a severe conviction.

And props to the Arkansas fans on their actions. We're going to take some heat and then it's going to blow over. People have opinions about our coaches and we have opinions about their coaches. They don't like ours, but the difference in most cases is that we don't want theirs.

I respect all the views of the Arkansas fans. If you want him gone, I respect that; If you want him gone because of his lack of morals, his lies, his attempts to cover up Hogate, and his obvious lack of tact, I respect that; If you want him to stay and don't care what he does, I respect that.
You have a right to your opinion and I respect it.

3) The guy in a tough spot right now is Jeff Long. This could be professional suicide for him either way. He probably alienates a lot of people if he cuts Petrino loose. The program takes a nosedive and could not be so lucky to find another coach of near this quality (in coaching, not bike-riding or marital skills).
Arkansas eventually runs Long off, too, in a way only Arkies can do it. Apathy would run high; funds won't roll in; and our football glory days would be over after they barely got started.
The plus side of dumping Petrino is you can do it at a low fee since he's invoked the "with cause" part of his contract. There will be none of this buying out a bad coach for years while he destroys another SEC team's program. (So maybe we did get our money's worth out of Nutt?)

Long has to bare the brunt of the criticism for keeping Petrino and their "marriage" will be shaky from this point on. Petrino better come to the office every day and thank Long for backing him, thank Hogs fans for supporting him; and work every day to win over the Hogs fans who have every right not to like him.

But in keeping Petrino, Long can get his biggest win: The Hogs keep a great coach and can probably even renegotiate the contract for payment of the coach's transgressions. If Petrino proves to be less effective, which needs to be written in the new contract, then Arkansas dumps him for far less money than the original contract said.
In keeping Petrino, Long can enjoy all the rewards of good years in Arkansas. He, too, would be a little more "married" to his job and couldn't find another without his handling of the "incident" coming out.
Like Petrino, he would be "ours" like never before. We would own them both, for better or for worse.

Ideally -- for me, anyway -- the girl moves on to another job at another school and Petrino stays. That's a must. There is no way she can operate in her new job without ridicule. She can take the high road and resign, doing what's best for the school. If she takes some kind of buyout, it better not ever become public ... she doesn't deserve a penny unless Petrino himself is writing the check.
Petrino gets a paycut, possibly a suspension and a solid year's worth of getting mocked by every SEC team Arkansas faces.
He still has to pay; we just don't have to lose a coach in the process.

Translation: I am a fan and I just want to win games. I can careless about his morals.

Translation or your opinion of what the translation is?  You don't have to answer because it really doesn't matter.  It's just another opinion. 

Rich, a very well written piece with very good points regardless if one agrees with all, part, or none of it.  Personally, I think you are spot on re the predicament Petrino has placed Long in.  Long has handled it very professionally to this point it appears, however, his decision may be as popular as a block/charge call in a close game. 

yeah buddy

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on April 07, 2012, 02:05:20 pm
If Petrino winds up gone, you believe Gus will wind up in Fayetteville.  Not going to happen right now.  besides if he does would that not be similar to BP leaving Atlanta in mid stream.

No, not even close to being similar to him leaving the Falcons.

Ex-HAplayer

April 07, 2012, 05:18:17 pm #141 Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:26:08 pm by Ex-HAplayer
Quote from: Indiana Jones on April 07, 2012, 04:10:32 pm
An Auburn fan talking about morals
Shall we bring up the dirt on Auburn again?

Pot meet kettle

I never said we were moral. Find a post where I said we were moral I will wait?.... I know for a fact I wouldn't be taking up for someone who got caught doing something morally wrong like you idiots.  If our coaches did something stupid enough to warrant a firing than I support Auburn for it.  If Gene would've gotten caught up with an act like this I wouldn't be support him.  What dirt are you going to bring up that we haven't been punished for?? None. I can bring up plenty of posts from people bashing Gus, Bashing Gene, etc for things unproven. Pot meet kettle? More like welcome to the pots my friend. We paid people to win. I know this. Every school pays people some sort of benefit including good ole Arkansas. Difference between me and you is I know it happens and can admit to. Not every school has a cheating husband who lies to their superior while trying to cover up an accident. That's pretty unique.

Romeo

If they decide to fire Petrino, my guess is that Taver Johnson will be the interim coach for the remainder of the season while they search for a replacement. At this point, it'll be hard to find any good coach, or any coach for that matter willing to leave their team high and dry at this point in the season.

True Believer

Everyone's opinion about this matter is just important as anyone elses.  As usual,  people from Arkansas think they are the only opinion  that matters.   Guess what people.  There's a big old country out there and they are making fun of Arkansas because of this even more than they have before.

Pull your heads out of your behinds. 

Kazimierz

Quote from: Romeo on April 07, 2012, 05:28:20 pm
If they decide to fire Petrino, my guess is that Taver Johnson will be the interim coach for the remainder of the season while they search for a replacement. At this point, it'll be hard to find any good coach, or any coach for that matter willing to leave their team high and dry at this point in the season.

Yeh... I think we already hired the only guy that does that.  It has been wonderful to see how he has helped the program... but he is very clearly a compulsive liar or egomaniac.

From what I understand he said the 25yr old girl just appeared at the crash and flagged a car down. I guess he really thought he wouldn't get caught.

Valleysports

Arkansas?  Ain't that the place where the banjo's are?

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on April 07, 2012, 05:37:13 pm
Everyone's opinion about this matter is just important as anyone elses.  As usual,  people from Arkansas think they are the only opinion  that matters.   Guess what people.  There's a big old country out there and they are making fun of Arkansas because of this even more than they have before.

Actually, all that maters is the Razorbacks fan's opinions and thoughts, we could care less about others.

Romeo

The only difference between some of our fans not supporting Petrino and calling for his head is the fact that he's been 21-5 in the last two years. Otherwise, this incident would have been considered the last straw if he went 5-7 last year.

If I learned anything from last year's Penn State debacle and the mess at Ohio State is that a coach can do almost anything wrong and still get tremendous support as long as he is winning games.

yeah buddy

Quote from: ricepig on April 07, 2012, 06:01:31 pm

Actually, all that maters is the Razorbacks fan's opinions and thoughts, we could care less about others.

Recruits? I think we should consider what recruits are thinking. Recruits aren't always fans of our program.

True Believer

Quote from: ricepig on April 07, 2012, 06:01:31 pm

You can deny all you want but this is embarrasing.   I didn't vote for Clinton but don't you think when I go outside the state of Arkansas that the state is not made fun of because of his antics.   I'm personally sick of it.

I love this state.    Born and raised here.   My opinion matters and so does everyone  who is an Arkansan.   Don't think just beccause you went to the ua of fayetteville that this just affects you.  It doesn't.  It affects the entire state.  Because (just to remind you) the ua of fayetteville is the pride of Arkansas.   *sarcasm* You people are just hilarious.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas