• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Petrino injured in accident

Started by Romeo, April 02, 2012, 07:31:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Romeo

April 02, 2012, 07:31:13 am Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:59:30 am by Romeo
It was thought to be a late April Fools Joke but according to channel 7 news on twitter, state police has confirmed he's been in an motorcycle accident. No word on the extent of the injuries.

Romeo

All three Little Rock stations are confirming on twitter Petrino was involved in an accident Sunday night.

R. A.™

now they are reporting that the hot blonde girl that did work in the foundation and now works on the football staff in an academic role was riding on the bike also.....

hmmm........

Ridge Rat

zebradynasty

Yep get the banner ready and fuel up the plane!

Ridge Rat

Now they are reporting she's engaged to his son.

C_A_Morris

Petrino has a son named Josh Morgan?

Romeo

From an initial look, it doesn't appear very good to have a hot 25 year old blonde female as a passenger and not mention it.

pantherblue

Thank heavens he wasn't a Kennedy and all are safe!!

gmac

TTofGreenwood

Romeo

LOL I can't believe there's a thread on hogville asking why the State Police wouldn't cover this up. So its the State Police and the media's fault, not Petrino? Unbelievable.

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: Romeo on April 05, 2012, 07:55:45 pm
LOL I can't believe there's a thread on hogville asking why the State Police wouldn't cover this up. So its the State Police and the media's fault, not Petrino? Unbelievable.

Petrino's fault yes, but a decent point. Those flat hats can make things disappear. Lance King would be airport security in El Dorado if it were up to me! LOL!

True Believer

If this had been Malzahn then this thing would have been 12 pages long already...lol.

Men............fling or not.   Doesn't look very good  for her to be on the bike with him and the haters will run with this. 

Coach Venny Slocombe

Just win Bobby...after that who cares...

fastdrop

LO fricken absolutely unbelievable L

What a piece of horse crap this dude is.

I heard he is just glad to be alive ..... yea boi.

Yea .... Hog blind fans --- your coach has fallen from grace but what the heck...you have Peacock ---- a thief and another kid that is a dope head arrested in the last month but all is good on the hill.

fastdrop

April 05, 2012, 08:46:25 pm #17 Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:48:49 pm by fastdrop
and Indiana Jonez .... never say another cotton pickin thing about the University of Memphis.

I will laugh your dumb butt off the board.

fastdrop

any takers  -----  good ol family man Petrino that acted like he was 12 against Les Miles.

fastdrop

RD's new name UNCLE HAWG takes on new meaning...... good  garsh ---- Did one of the players hook the coach up

Romeo

If this was Houston Nutt this would already been a hall of fame thread.

fastdrop

I can already see the Petrino post game  show for the 2012 - 2013.

Ummmm coach which cheerleader was hotter tonight??????

fastdrop

ummm Mr. Petrino .....

yes

what caused you to wreck?   a squirrel, deer, racoon in the world????

ummm NO

Did a car or truck run you off the road?????

Ummm No

Do you want us to call your wife?

UMMMMMMMMM NO

Romeo

Jeff Long having a press conference at 9:45 tonight. Last time UA had PC this late was to announce Petrino as head coach.

bleudog

Quote from: R. A.™ on April 05, 2012, 03:52:02 pm
now they are reporting that the hot blonde girl that did work in the foundation and now works on the football staff in an academic role was riding on the bike also.....

hmmm........

http://www.arkansassports360.com:80/30615/jessica-dorrell-a-passenger-on-motorcycle-with-petrino-at-time-of-accident

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on April 05, 2012, 09:14:21 pm
Jeff Long having a press conference at 9:45 tonight. Last time UA had PC this late was to announce Petrino as head coach.

Will it be on tv? This ain't good.

Otown06

Quote from: AW on April 05, 2012, 09:38:20 pm
Quote from: Romeo on April 05, 2012, 09:14:21 pm

Will it be on tv? This ain't good.
Its on 5 news now, and no it doesnt look good, he is on administrative leave for now.

zebradynasty

Talk about snake bit! This combined with the latest player arrests, combined with coaches leaving, combined with the less than stellar recruiting class...dunno it gonna take a lot of spin for this not to hurt! Competing schools in recruiting are gonna gobble this up. On the positive side...she's not drop dead but she is a heck of a lot better than Lewinsky!

OldScrap

Well, does he now realize if only he had been honest, all would probably be well now between him & the Hog staff?

That his wife would find out about it & lying would just add to his troubles.

So its true, liar, liar, pants on fire, & its getting hotter by the moment!

zebradynasty

Nah he was toast no matter what! No way the story wouldn't have got out. Lying certainly didn't make it better it just made it more complicated.

Romeo

All he had to do was be straightforward and honest from the beginning and none of this would be happening. It's definitely a disaster from a PR standpoint. It was already hard enough for us to recruit already but this incident will make it ten times harder.

True Believer

The easier way would have just stayed true to his wife.   I really am not judging here.   Just older and wiser. 

AirWarren

I'm in sheer disgust right now. I can't even look at him the same anymore.

zebradynasty

Wonder how the new coaches are feeling right now? I mean the head coach just made their jobs that much harder.

Ex-HAplayer

OldScrap

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 05, 2012, 10:56:09 pm
Nah he was toast no matter what! No way the story wouldn't have got out. Lying certainly didn't make it better it just made it more complicated.

Yes, when trouble comes, the 1st thing you do is stop digging, & he just kept digging deeper, no, it did not complicate things, he made a big disaster out of a disaster.

OldScrap

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 05, 2012, 11:17:19 pm
Wonder how the new coaches are feeling right now? I mean the head coach just made their jobs that much harder.

I would think everyone of them is thinking, this gig is over.

I feel for his family, his coaches, & those he recruited.

RD™

I supervise two females on drill weekend. If I was having an affair with one of them and I covered it up. I would be placed on Active Duty orders, 6 months forfeiture of pay, dishonorable discharge and a letter of reprimand.

and I make a small percentage of what HE MAKES.

MHSPANTHERS

It's a very sad day for me personally as a life long Razorback fan. 

To me Razorback football is about integrity, winning and losing with class and ALWAYS keeping that Fighting Razorback Spirit burning like the Eternal Olympic flame no matter who or what let's us down. It's also about more than any one player or coach, including Nutt or Petrino, will ever represent.

GO HOGS GO.

Uncle Ivan

When I was a kid, my father had a rule - regardless of what you did, don't compound things by lying about it.  It always turned out that if I did, the lie was far worse than whatever thing I did wrong.

I'm so disgusted right now.  I feel very badly for Becky and the kids.

Romeo

Today is going to be a long day for razorback fans. The press and media is going to hammer Petrino and the university all day.

Nemesis

Quote from: Rich Sanders on April 06, 2012, 12:29:03 am
Let people jump up and stomp us for a few days. It's happened before. Not our fault.
Our strength is in our support for people even when we know they're wrong.

So as a football coach, I'll take Bobby Petrino and a hundred affairs over that guy he replaced. Eat your heart out, Houston Nutt.

Petrino is our football coach. That's all he is. We had a President from this state who probably makes BP look like a sophomore in high school when it comes to womanizing.
I could live with Clinton's escapades, too. It didn't keep him from doing a good job and it won't keep BP from doing a better job.

Petrino can walk on the field after getting his butt kicked by LSU and tell Les Miles F-You.
I won't lie. I like that.

He's shown some humility and remorse in this situation. I like that. We never saw humility or remorse from that Little Rock braggart. He just chewed his dang fingernails. Made us look soft.

Yeah, Petrino sure screwed this up. But he's a football coach. He did what many a football coach has done and not all of them have been found out. Hopefully, he won't do it ever again.

I feel bad for his family. I don't figure his wife asked for this.

I don't feel bad at all for this chick. "Hot" blonde? Wow. Our standards have dwindled.
And about to be married? Good luck with that.
How about that she's just a freakin' opportunist. Stick a Florida cap on her and run her out of town. But give me a few days and maybe I'll reconsider my stance on her.

Of course, getting rid of her creates more problems. You stand behind Petrino and all the sudden you've created a leech with this girl that you'll never get rid of -- with a state-funded job to boot.

Me, I'll stand behind him. I told my wife this afternoon just how bad this could get and almost got giddy with the thought that, even if it is as bad as I thought, I still wouldn't trade him for the last five guys. Why? Because his job is to put a good football team on the field and coach his rear off for 60 minutes every Saturday in the fall.
You want a role model? Billy Graham is still living. I hear he still prefers option football, though, and he's going to only throw on third-and-long.

Jeff Long won't be tossing Petrino back into the ditch, either. It would be the beginning of the end of his career here.
It does no good these days to hold the moral compass up and point to the guy going the wrong way and telling him "you're done." If you do that, you'll find you've got to get rid of a whole lot of people.

This will hurt recruiting? No way. The best of these kids that come to school here won't think any worse of Petrino than the ones who came here knowing he quit on the Atlanta Falcons. If they are coming here to teach Sunday School, then yeah, we might have trouble getting some of them. But since they're coming here to play football, I don't think we've got nearly as much to worry about as the Chicken Littles would have you believe.

So just take some time, wipe the egg of our faces and wear the scars with pride.
After all, we're just a bunch of Arkansans. Seldom are we the best, but we always strive to be better.

We are who we are and we make no bones about it.

WE ARE RAZORBACKS.

And dadgummit, so is Bobby Petrino.

As bad as I hate what has happened, I agree with this post.  I did not like Nutt in his final years but never lost respect for the Razorbacks as a team.  I don't hate Petrino for this.  I am disappointed.  I can only hope that he and his family can survive this.   He won't win many people over now but the best thing he can do is be honest with family and the fans and players who look up to him. 

True Believer

April 06, 2012, 06:08:27 am #43 Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:11:49 am by True Believer
I'm sorry Rich.   I disagree with a lot of your post. 

Again.  I hope he comes out OK.  I hope the program stays strong.   

He should have done  a lot of things and this is not just the woman he is having the "relatioinship" with fault.   As most people know "It takes two"    It really amazes me how people can just blame her for this.  I'm not taking up for her but they were both on the motorcycle and he is 51 years old.  She is an adult also and I feel for her fiance right now too.  This is all so sad and so many people are hurting.   Not just us Razorback fans people.  I wanted to wake up this morning and think "Wow what a crazy dream that was last night."

I have read so many posts and most of them are either anger, disgust or people just down right scared about the Razorback program. 

He made a mistake.   We all make mistakes in different areas of our lives.   Let's see what happens now. 

Go Hogs forever!   The Hogs to me is the team.    I will always support the team.  Whoever the coach may be.  I hope he stays.  I hope he doesn't lose his job. 

fastdrop

Let people jump up and stomp us for a few days. It's happened before. Not our fault.

So as a football coach, I'll take Bobby Petrino and a hundred affairs over that guy he replaced. Eat your heart out, Houston Nutt.

Petrino is our football coach. That's all he is. We had a President from this state who probably makes BP look like a sophomore in high school when it comes to womanizing.
I could live with Clinton's escapades, too. It didn't keep him from doing a good job and it won't keep BP from doing a better job.

Petrino can walk on the field after getting his butt kicked by LSU and tell Les Miles F-You.

He's shown some humility and remorse in this situation. I like that. We never saw humility or remorse from that Little Rock braggart. He just chewed his dang fingernails. Made us look soft.

Yeah, Petrino sure screwed this up. But he's a football coach. He did what many a football coach has done and not all of them have been found out. Hopefully, he won't do it ever again.

I don't feel bad at all for this chick. "Hot" blonde? Wow. Our standards have dwindled.
How about that she's just a freakin' opportunist. Stick a Florida cap on her and run her out of town. But give me a few days and maybe I'll reconsider my stance on her.

Of course, getting rid of her creates more problems. You stand behind Petrino and all the sudden you've created a leech with this girl that you'll never get rid of -- with a state-funded job to boot.

Me, I'll stand behind him. I told my wife this afternoon just how bad this could get and almost got giddy with the thought that, even if it is as bad as I thought, I still wouldn't trade him for the last five guys. Why? Because his job is to put a good football team on the field and coach his rear off for 60 minutes every Saturday in the fall.
You want a role model? Billy Graham is still living. I hear he still prefers option football, though, and he's going to only throw on third-and-long.

Jeff Long won't be tossing Petrino back into the ditch, either. It would be the beginning of the end of his career here.
It does no good these days to hold the moral compass up and point to the guy going the wrong way and telling him "you're done." If you do that, you'll find you've got to get rid of a whole lot of people.

This will hurt recruiting? No way. The best of these kids that come to school here won't think any worse of Petrino than the ones who came here knowing he quit on the Atlanta Falcons. If they are coming here to teach Sunday School, then yeah, we might have trouble getting some of them. But since they're coming here to play football, I don't think we've got nearly as much to worry about as the Chicken Littles would have you believe.

So just take some time, wipe the egg of our faces and wear the scars with pride.
After all, we're just a bunch of Arkansans. Seldom are we the best, but we always strive to be better.

WE ARE RAZORBACKS.

WE ARE PENN STATE .... WE ARE PENN STATE.

Rich .... what a bunch of dung. 

Below is reality for most folks

Quote from: Uncle Hawg on April 05, 2012, 11:52:53 pm
I supervise two females on drill weekend. If I was having an affair with one of them and I covered it up. I would be placed on Active Duty orders, 6 months forfeiture of pay, dishonorable discharge and a letter of reprimand.

I am no saint ..... but dang he just broke 2 cardinal rules of being a boss. Never ever lie to your boss ---- never ever crap where you eat. He did both.

So when Long ask him ---- Do you run a clean program and Petrino says Yea man I would never do anything to harm the integrity of the program. Long now looks at him completely different after he has already lied to him. It was ok for Long and the Hog fans when Petrino had lied and jumped ship at all the other stops but when it happens to you .... Long would have to be a complete buffoon not to think uh oh  ---- we really do have a problem.

I lost all respect for Petrino during the LSU game.  The way he acted was like a child out of control not getting the exact piece of candy he wanted.

If it is only about winning football games .... just wait and see ---- Karma will kick in big time and the people that love the Hogs the most will pay the biggest price.

Business is business ...... College football is big business. Time for the Hogs to look for another commander in chief --- amazing how fast things can change for you when you think you are king and you can do anything you want to.

chestermarkiebadger

Quote from: fastdrop on April 06, 2012, 07:04:42 am

WE ARE RAZORBACKS.

WE ARE PENN STATE .... WE ARE PENN STATE.

Rich .... what a bunch of dung. 

Below is reality for most folks

Quote from: Uncle Hawg on April 05, 2012, 11:52:53 pm

I am no saint ..... but dang he just broke 2 cardinal rules of being a boss. Never ever lie to your boss ---- never ever crap where you eat. He did both.

So when Long ask him ---- Do you run a clean program and Petrino says Yea man I would never do anything to harm the integrity of the program. Long now looks at him completely different after he has already lied to him. It was ok for Long and the Hog fans when Petrino had lied and jumped ship at all the other stops but when it happens to you .... Long would have to be a complete buffoon not to think uh oh  ---- we really do have a problem.

I lost all respect for Petrino during the LSU game.  The way he acted was like a child out of control not getting the exact piece of candy he wanted.

If it is only about winning football games .... just wait and see ---- Karma will kick in big time and the people that love the Hogs the most will pay the biggest price.

Business is business ...... College football is big business. Time for the Hogs to look for another commander in chief --- amazing how fast things can change for you when you think you are king and you can do anything you want to.

agree with fast.......BMFP is in charge of many, represents a university, makes millions, etc.  you have to have integrity and stuff like this BETTER not happen especially in the position you hold or else....

why treat him any different?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Romeo on April 06, 2012, 05:08:17 am
The press and media is going to hammer Petrino and the university all day.

The media is scum of the earth.  Them taking the moral high ground is laughable.

fastdrop

some funny stuff on Hogville

Is this guy really serious?

>:(
If your gonna dump CBP over some possible legal entanglements, or trying to put on airs of being consistent, then you better bring in the best coach in America.

I don't have a short list of who I would be satisfied with.

If the replacement hire isn't a home run, then Long you can back your crap and move back to where ever it is your from,......

I'm so angry/disappointed that I don't even know if CBP's survival, will fix this.  It probably won't.

What happened to campus police turning players over to coaches, instead of charging them?

What happened to State Troopers letting the Head Hog fill out his own accident report?

Why are the legal enforcement people of NWA not on board with the fact that our football players and coaches ARE above the law.  I'm saying that if you catch the starting QB tooting coke on Dickson st, then you take him unannounced to the head coaches house, report your findings and confiscate his drugs.  Let the justice be in house,......

....oh screw it, the Hogs are done, stick a fork in'm.......

....this feels like the end....

Ex-HAplayer

Petrino should just resign. That's it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas