• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

preseason 4A boys top ten

Started by breadcrums55, October 21, 2014, 02:07:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

breadcrums55

October 21, 2014, 02:07:41 pm Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:40:50 pm by breadcrums55
Just wondering about everyones opinion on this?

Basketball13

In no particular order..

Huntsville
Pea Ridge
West side
Subiaco
AR Baptist
Pocahontas
Brook land
Nashville

Those are eight but some are slipping my mind ATM.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: Basketball13 on October 28, 2014, 02:25:54 pm
In no particular order..

Huntsville
Pea Ridge
West side
Subiaco
AR Baptist
Pocahontas
Brook land
Nashville

Bauxite
Lonoke
$way
Monticello
Malvern- sleeper

hawgfan15

HeberFan

oldballer

Quote from: THE D.O.C on October 28, 2014, 08:39:16 pm
In no particular order..

Huntsville
Pea Ridge
West side
Subiaco
AR Baptist
Pocahontas
Brook land
Nashville

Bauxite
Lonoke
$way
Monticello
Malvern- sleeper
2 things on this list stick out to me. 1. You guys always put Subiaco in the top 10 and they never make any noise when it comes to Regionals or state. I know, I know Tencleave is coach, but coaching is only about 20% of it. You have to have the players also. 2. Pea Ridge? A team from the 1-4A usually doesn't fair very well when they get outside of NWA. (with the exception of Lincoln last year) The Pea Ridge team from 2 years ago was much better than this team and they didn't make it out of regionals.

HeberFan

Watch out for Nashville this year.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: HeberFan on November 04, 2014, 06:50:03 am
Yeah they made a run last year also played well in Lonoke

~WPS~

Nashville's guard play will be one of the best in 4A. We lost both starting bigs. If replacements are found then this could be a very good team.

HeberFan

Panthers are sneaky good this year

Basketball13

Quote from: oldballer on November 04, 2014, 06:34:29 am
In no particular order..

Huntsville
Pea Ridge
West side
Subiaco
AR Baptist
Pocahontas
Brook land
Nashville

Bauxite
Lonoke
$way
Monticello
Malvern- sleeper
2 things on this list stick out to me. 1. You guys always put Subiaco in the top 10 and they never make any noise when it comes to Regionals or state. I know, I know Tencleave is coach, but coaching is only about 20% of it. You have to have the players also. 2. Pea Ridge? A team from the 1-4A usually doesn't fair very well when they get outside of NWA. (with the exception of Lincoln last year) The Pea Ridge team from 2 years ago was much better than this team and they didn't make it out of regionals.

Put the heat on it! Haha

Anyway, I usually just put the teams that it seems everyone likes to talk about during the summer. I officiated some summer ball camps and had a few of these teams, but I know nothing besides 1-4A and 4-4A for the most part.

Ole Legend

Quote from: oldballer on November 04, 2014, 06:34:29 am
In no particular order..

Huntsville
Pea Ridge
West side
Subiaco
AR Baptist
Pocahontas
Brook land
Nashville

Bauxite
Lonoke
$way
Monticello
Malvern- sleeper

Pea Ridge will put at least 4 shooters on the court at all times. And they play a lot better defense then the team two years ago did. I have watched them play all summer, and they have the potential to be a very good ball team.

HeberFan

Eagle20

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 02, 2014, 08:11:09 pm
Monticello for sure, top 5 team
Benton Harmony Grove, a 3A team, beat them in the Watson Chapel jamboree tonight.  They played a half.  I think it was 28-22. 

think

Who was the main contributor for BHG? I know they lost a lot from last years team.

Any teams/players look good in the other games?

Eagle20

6'5" guard Drake Wilks led the way but it was an all around effort.  They had a couple of brothers move in from Tennessee who are pretty good shooters and a kid who played at BHG as a sophomore and moved back for his senior year to go along with returning starter Chuck McCormick and 6'3" Kuper Swaims who has improved tremendously in the past six months.  Can go about 10 deep.

Eagle20

Quote from: think on November 11, 2014, 10:33:07 pm
Who was the main contributor for BHG? I know they lost a lot from last years team.

Any teams/players look good in the other games?
The kids from McClellan were extremely talented.  Star City had a lefty who was pretty salty.  I didn't see everybody.

theeunderdog4

HeberFan

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on November 20, 2014, 04:09:40 pm
Any 7-footers in the state ?
Arkansas Baptist has a 7'2" 9th grader, Connor Vanover.

OldTimeCager

Agree on 1-4A not doing much beyond regional. And, the conference is way down from what was an average year last year.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Ole Legend

Quote from: OldTimeCager on November 21, 2014, 10:59:53 am
Agree on 1-4A not doing much beyond regional. And, the conference is way down from what was an average year last year.

[/quote]
[/quote]

I disagree. This years Pea Ridge team will have more depth than the team 2 years ago. Also, they have shooters everywhere. They hit 8 three pointers in the second half last night to come back in the game, they were down 17 at one point. When they get everyone from football they will be a team to watch.

Sports Fan25

What's everyone's thoughts on Pocahontas Sr. Boys seem to be?

AVGBBFAN

Quote from: Sports Fan25 on November 21, 2014, 11:43:18 am
I saw Pokey in the summer and they looked very good. I know they are in the Williams Baptist tourney this week along with Riverside, Marmaduke, and Bay. Pokey should win the tourney but a Bay/Pocahontas final could be a really good game.

redskinsfan

Quote from: AVGBBFAN on November 30, 2014, 04:34:12 pm
Quote from: Sports Fan25 on November 21, 2014, 11:43:18 am
I saw Pokey in the summer and they looked very good. I know they are in the Williams Baptist tourney this week along with Riverside, Marmaduke, and Bay. Pokey should win the tourney but a Bay/Pocahontas final could be a really good game.

Hopefully Pocahontas can continue to play as good as they did against Bay where they beat a very good Bay team by 19. This was our 1st week of basketball for some of our players because of football, hopefully after the Lyons tournament this week we will be back into "basketball shape".

noonerricky

Quote from: HeberFan on November 04, 2014, 06:50:03 am

Agreed, they play at bauxite Friday night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas