• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 4A-South @ Nashville

Started by Brian G, February 23, 2014, 12:32:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

PASS

Congratulations to Nashville girls on their state tournament berth.

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

arkiebass

~WPS~

~WPS~

Boys

Nashville 12
Hamburg 12
End 1st

~WPS~

Boys

Hamburg 23
Nashville 22
Halftime

~WPS~

Boys

Nashville 38
Hamburg 37
End 3rd

~WPS~

~WPS~

Quote from: arkiebass on February 27, 2014, 08:50:36 am

Nashville/Hburg

Having played Nashville in a Christmas tourny, I wasn't impressed. I know it was early for them, but without a starter, we handled them pretty easily. Hburg has a stud back that hasn't played all season. He's one of their best. Without him Nashville had a chance. With him Hburg will win by 20.

Yeah...about that...

arkiebass

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on February 27, 2014, 10:04:35 pm
Boys

Nashville 63
Hamburg 52
Final

Wow shear dominance by the 7-4a.... Pretty salty...

~WPS~

Thursday Scores

Girls - Nashville 48, Dumas 42
Boys - Bauxite 57, Dumas 37
Girls - CAC 67, Crossett 50
Boys - Nashville 63, Hamburg 52

Friday Games

Girls - Malvern vs Nashville, 4:00
Boys - CAC vs Bauxite, 5:30
Girls -  Star City vs CAC, 7:00
Boys - Monticello vs Nashville, 8:30

Rozer

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on February 27, 2014, 10:26:58 pm
Thursday Scores

Girls - Nashville 48, Dumas 42
Boys - Bauxite 57, Dumas 37
Girls - CAC 67, Crossett 50
Boys - Nashville 63, Hamburg 52

Friday Games

Girls - Malvern vs Nashville, 4:00
Boys - CAC vs Bauxite, 5:30
Girls -  Star City vs CAC, 7:00
Boys - Monticello vs Nashville, 8:30
Have any predictions about tonight's games?

PASS

Girls:
Malvern over Nashville by 24
CAC over Star City by 9

Boys:
Bauxite over CAC by 11
Monticello over Nashville by 16

~WPS~

Malvern/Nashville:  It could be close. Hard to predict. Nashville held Malvern to a season low points last week but couldn't put up enough points to pull it off. I think Malvern will come ready to play today, but if Nashville can hit shots and continue the good defense then it might be closer than some think. Malvern by 17

Star City/CAC:  I wasn't all that impressed with Star City the other night. I know they are a good team but so is CAC. CAC has more size, Star City has more speed. CAC handled Crossett's speed well last night. It'll be very close and could go either way. I'll go with the upset. CAC by 6.

CAC/Bauxite:  Bauxite is getting closer to CAC each time they play. They were in it last week before falling by 7. Bauxite is red hot right now. I really believe that Bauxite can pull this one out. But here's the key... Bauxite must speed up the game and make CAC have uncharacteristic turnovers. Bauxite by 1.

Monticello/Nashville:  First off..it will be close because it's in Nashville. Both teams had big wins in the first round and carry lots of momentum. This is going to be the best team Nashville has played this year. Monticello missed around 15 free throws against Arkadelphia and almost handed them the game. That's the only weakness in Monticello I can find. Both like to play fast and that helps Nashville, who struggles in half court offense. Monticello by 10.

mightymustangs1

Girls
Malvern over Nashville by 14
CAC over Star City by 7

Boys
CAC over Bauxite by 9
Monticello over Nashville by 5

~WPS~

Girls

Nashville 11
Malvern 9
End 1st

~WPS~

Girls

Malvern 24
Nashville 17
Halftime

~WPS~

Girls

Malvern 33
Nashville 27
End 3rd

~WPS~

bigblue89

~WPS~

Bulldog92

It least SC has one fan on here, LOL!! Should be a good game but you can't compare how CAC will do against SC by how they played against Crossett. Just like you can't with the way SC played Bauxite.  I just hope we impress you a little more tonight Ballayer

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

porchay21

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on February 28, 2014, 06:43:09 pm
Boys

CAC 47
Bauxite 27
Final

Was madison being face guarded? was the other bauxite players hitting shots

~WPS~

CAC completely took Madison out of it. Bauxite hardly ever had clean looks.

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

Boys

Monticello 6
Nashville 2
End 1st

~WPS~

February 28, 2014, 09:00:54 pm #89 Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:08:11 pm by Ballplayer1
Boys

Nashville 17
Monticello 14
Halftime

~WPS~

Boys

Nashville 30
Monticello 27
End 3rd

~WPS~

Boys

Monticello 47
Nashville 42
Final

Big Fan

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on February 28, 2014, 09:53:46 pm
Boys

Monticello 47
Nashville 42
Final
Good game!  Much closer than I would have liked for it to be.

~WPS~

Nashville had it in their hands. The momentum shifted at about 6 min left with Nashville leading by 6 when Nashville's big man fouled out. Monticello out scored Nashville 14-3 from that point on. Nashville shut down the inside game for Monticello much of the game. In my opinion, Monticello is not that great of a team, probably 4th or 5th best in 4A. Goes to show the weakness of the 8-4A.

~WPS~

Friday Scores

Girls:  Malvern 44, Nashville 34
Boys:  CAC 47, Bauxite 27
Girls:  CAC 48, Star City 37
Boys:  Monticello 47, Nashville 42

Saturday Games

Girls 3rd Place:  Nashville vs Star City, 12:00
Boys 3rd Place:  Nashville vs Bauxite, 1:30
Girls Championship:  Malvern vs CAC, 6:00
Boys Championship:  CAC vs Monticello, 7:30

~WPS~

A lot of credit needs to go to the 3 boys teams representing the 7-4A. Nobody at the beginning of the year thought these 3 teams would be in this position. The 7-4A is a lot stronger than some may think. Also on the girls side, 3 very good teams are still alive. Congrats to these teams on the success so far and good luck as we enter the state tournament.

porchay21

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on February 28, 2014, 10:24:15 pm
Friday Scores

Girls:  Malvern 44, Nashville 34
Boys:  CAC 47, Bauxite 27
Girls:  CAC 48, Star City 37
Boys:  Monticello 47, Nashville 42

Saturday Games

Girls 3rd Place:  Nashville vs Star City, 12:00
Boys 3rd Place:  Nashville vs Bauxite, 1:30
Girls Championship:  Malvern vs CAC, 6:00
Boys Championship:  CAC vs Monticello, 7:30

What do you think about the 3rd place game between nashville and bauxite?? How many points you think madison will go for???

~WPS~

Both times they played in the regular season Nashville contained Madison pretty well and won both games. Nashville's 9th grader Hopkins (#1) has joined the team since and I think he will play a big role in slowing Madison. I think the key to the game is if Bauxite can rebound and if others can hit big 3's. If Madison can have a big game or if the other guards get hot from 3 then look out. Otherwise I think Nashville should win by about 10.

porchay21

I guess we will see... But i highly doubt a 9th grader can contain madison..... When did this hopkins kid start playing with them? Hes a solid player and fast

~WPS~

March 01, 2014, 10:42:03 am #99 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 10:44:20 am by Ballplayer1
He started the last week of the regular season. He's done a great job of shutting down every teams best guard since. It was fun to see him and Oliver from Arkadelphia going 1 on 1 last week and Hopkins won the battle.
And I'm just speculating, I don't know for sure Nashville will put Hopkins on Madison. They may just play zone and try to contain Madison like CAC did. Regardless, Madison is a great player and in my opinion the best in the district.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas