• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 4A-South @ Nashville

Started by Brian G, February 23, 2014, 12:32:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

Girls

Nashville 11
Star City 9
End 1st

~WPS~

Girls

Star City 22
Nashville 14
Halftime

hawgfan15

Quote from: porchay21 on March 01, 2014, 10:14:14 am
I guess we will see... But i highly doubt a 9th grader can contain madison..... When did this hopkins kid start playing with them? Hes a solid player and fast

Not your ordinary 9th grader

~WPS~

Girls

Star City 34
Nashville 16
End 3rd

~WPS~

Girls

Star City 46
Nashville 27
Final

~WPS~

Boys

Bauxite 18
Nashville 7
End 1st

~WPS~

Boys

Nashville 28
Bauxite 26
Halftime

~WPS~

So far Nashville has played zone but had Hughes (#10) man on Madison. At the half Madison has about 10.

~WPS~

Boys

Nashville 44
Bauxite 39
End 3rd

~WPS~

Boys

Nashville 63
Bauxite 55
Final

~WPS~

Madison was kept quiet in the 2nd half. Finished with about 15-18 points. For Nashville Hughes had a career high 20. Alexander 19, Pettway 13, Hopkins 6 and 8 assists.

~WPS~

~WPS~

Girls

CAC 23
Malvern 20
Halftime

This game is wild!

~WPS~

~WPS~

Girls

Malvern 51
CAC 42
Final

These are 2 of the best, if not the best 2 teams in 4A. Great game!

porchay21

Whats the score of the cac monticello game??

smalltownballer

~WPS~

centralarkansasbasketball

When is the last time Bauxite boys made the state tournament?

Uncle Tupelo

~WPS~

noonerricky

Quote from: centralarkansasbasketball on March 01, 2014, 07:57:20 pm
When is the last time Bauxite boys made the state tournament?

Never, this trip will be their first. They came close in 2003 but there were 5 classifications and in 2a back then you had to make the finals of regionals. We beat Bigelow in the first round but lost to Arkansas Baptist the next round by 6

Ok cool...who is coaching there?

noonerricky

~WPS~

Boys

CAC 30
Monticello 18
Halftime

porchay21

7-4A to strong... monticello and all the other teams in their conference was overrated

~WPS~

Absolutely! This Monticello team is not very good. Athletic but nothing more. When you play in a weak conference you tend to have a good record.

Fair warning to the rest of the state: CAC is for real.

noonerricky

Quote from: centralarkansasbasketball on March 01, 2014, 08:09:13 pm
Where's he from?

He went to Bryant I believe. Went to Henderson as well. Very good guy and a great coach.

~WPS~

Boys

CAC 44
Monticello 36
End 3rd

arkiebass

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 01, 2014, 08:20:38 pm
Absolutely! This Monticello team is not very good. Athletic but nothing more. When you play in a weak conference you tend to have a good record.

Fair warning to the rest of the state: CAC is for real.

Hum.....they beat your #1 and #3 and they have their 2 best players suspended...... Not a real accurate description of their entire year when you only see them play at playoffs when they are down due to suspensions.

porchay21

They beat arkadelphia... Their big man had a broken arm.. If he plays wouldnt been close.. kinda like the game against cac now.. Size and smartness kills monticello

~WPS~

March 01, 2014, 08:51:55 pm #132 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:59:14 pm by Ballplayer1
One of Monticello's suspended players is back.

And the entire year really doesn't matter at this point. It's what you do now.

~WPS~

And no they beat the #4 and #2.

~WPS~

arkiebass

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 01, 2014, 08:52:58 pm
And no they beat the #4 and #2.

Arkadelphia was #1 and got put out due to their players hurt/suspended. Yea they fell in your conference, but at the end of the day, they aren't going to state and Monticello is. We wi see how it plays out in the real deal. Tonight doesn't mean a thing.   Btw, Monticello doesn't have their two started back. They are suspended from school and done for the season.

porchay21

Thats their fault on dumb decisions not monticellos team.... They played well witout them... Every team better come with it when state start wednesday..... Goodluck to all 12 teams that made state tourney

~WPS~

Saturday Scores

Girls 3rd:  Star City 46, Nashville 27
Boys 3rd:  Nashville 63, Bauxite 55
Girls Final:  Malvern 51, CAC 42
Boys Final:  CAC 50, Monticello 48

Boys Seeding
1. CAC
2. Monticello
3. Nashville
4. Bauxite

Girls Seeding
1. Malvern
2. CAC
3. Star City
4. Nashville

Boarhawg

Hilarious reading the 7 4-A quotes about Monticello and the other 8-4A teams. Posters that know "absolutely nothing. First off, Monticello played without their center in the Arkadelphia game. Two kids played injured; The starting PG had a broken nose while the Sophomore wing (top scorer) has a fractured orbital bone. Not to mention the fact that the team was up until 1 am Saturday morning filling out police reports at the Hope McDonalds after numerous items (including game shoes) were stolen off the team bus. We might be over rated but in all fairness, the South Regional tournament should have been held at an 8 4-A site instead of a second consecutive year in 7 4-A territory.

~WPS~

March 02, 2014, 05:30:23 pm #139 Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:40:58 pm by Ballplayer1
You all can say all you want about injuries, suspensions, whatever. But none of that matters. You may have been the best team in Arkansas a month ago or whenever it was before these injuries and suspensions, but right now, entering the state tournament Monticello is only as good as what they've got. I don't think they are the best in 4A. That's my opinion that I got from watching them play at the regional. They might win it all and prove that they are the best, and if that's the case, then I'll congratulate you at the end of it all.

arkiebass

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 02, 2014, 05:30:23 pm
You all can say all you want about injuries, suspensions, whatever. But none of that matters. You may have been the best team in Arkansas a month ago or whenever it was before these injuries and suspensions, but right now, entering the state tournament Monticello is only as good as what they've got. I don't think they are the best in 4A. That's my opinion that I got from watching them play at the regional. They might win it all and prove that they are the best, and if that's the case, then I'll congratulate you at the end of it all.

Much better statement than you made earlier. Having an opinion on what you witnessed is mature and rational, but stating an opinion on the entire conference when you have no knowledge of such just shows ignorance!

~WPS~

Going back to my statement before about the whole conference being weak. I'm still standing by that to a certain point. Due to the regional results it's obvious that I would say the 8 is weak, at least weaker than the 7, since only one team could beat a 7 team and a 7 team won it. And Monticello is by far the best team in the conference.

arkiebass

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 02, 2014, 07:01:36 pm
Going back to my statement before about the whole conference being weak. I'm still standing by that to a certain point. Due to the regional results it's obvious that I would say the 8 is weak, at least weaker than the 7, since only one team could beat a 7 team and a 7 team won it. And Monticello is by far the best team in the conference.

The 8 is like the SEC. We beat each other up during the year, but our best is THE BEST! 

Boarhawg

What conference was the regional held in the last two years? Officials were from what area the past two years? If you think the answers to those two questions aren't relevant then you are sorely mistaken. If the tournament had been held in Monticello or Dumas, I bet the results would have been different.

~WPS~

Uncle Tupelo

Then tell someone from the 8-4A to bid on the tournament.

Big Fan

Quote from: Uncle Tupelo on March 02, 2014, 08:27:53 pm
Then tell someone from the 8-4A to bid on the tournament.
Monticello did.  I would be surprised if Dumas did not. 

~WPS~

Nashville has a brand new arena. I imagine the AAA thought it would be good to have it in a brand new arena. Just like Lonoke got state, brand new arena.

Boarhawg

AAA politics aside, don't crown the 7 4-A without considering the home court advantage it has enjoyed the last two years. We saw not one official from our side of the state. Not one! So until you know the true shenanigans involved these last TWO YEARS it would be prudent to stop beating your chest my friend.

~WPS~

So what are all the true shenanigans? Just a bunch of excuses?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas