• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atkins Red Devils

Started by athletic supporter, June 30, 2018, 12:10:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

athletic supporter

The Red Devils are moving into a different conference this season. They have advanced to the quarterfinals the last 2 seasons. I know they lost several key pieces off last year's team, but they return several starters from last year's team. I believe they will have 3 players who will be the best at their positions in the new conference.
Matt Roberson- returning all state noseguard
Gage Rehm- returning all conference linebacker (led the team in tackles last 2 years)
Trey Davis- returning all conference receiver
The key to their season (and success), imo, lies at the QB position. They will have a new QB this season. Eli Roberson, a 6'6" junior, appears to be the front runner to take over the reins. Tristen Wheelus, a strong armed sophomore, is also being considered. If one of these young men can run Coach Cody's spread system with confidence it could be another special season in the Land of the Red Devils. The coaches picked them to finish 2nd in conference. I think they finish 4th. I hope I'm wrong. Any thoughts?

arkansasFBscoop

June 30, 2018, 04:46:15 pm #1 Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 04:52:44 pm by arkansasFBscoop
Very well coached group at Atkins.  Glen Rose and Mayflower will be a handful.  Danville will be tough.  Jessieville and Perryville fight for 5 seed.  Baptist Prep and Two Rivers firmly at the bottom.  I think Atkins falls at 3 or 4 seed.  As you mentioned, if QB play is solid they can make some noise in November.

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: arkansasFBscoop on June 30, 2018, 04:46:15 pm
Very well coached group at Atkins.  Glen Rose and Mayflower will be a handful.  Danville will be tough.  Jessieville and Perryville fight for 5 seed.  Baptist Prep and Two Rivers firmly at the bottom.  I think Atkins falls at 3 or 4 seed.  As you mentioned, if QB play is solid they can make some noise in November.

x14113

Think you can beat Dover this year?

You probably should have beaten them the past two.

athletic supporter

Quote from: x14113 on June 30, 2018, 04:50:32 pm
Think you can beat Dover this year?

You probably should have beaten them the past two.

I honestly don't know but I can't wait until the season gets here and I get to find out

Red Devil Dad

Yes we should have beaten Dover the last 2 years. This year we have them 2nd game of the year and should work out better for us. 

Bbencathcart

Mayflower will be tough trying to slow  down the twins. Glen Rose always is well coached and plays hard nose football. Danville will also play hard. 1. Glen Rose 2. Mayflower 3. Atkins 4. Danville 5. Perryville

HorseFeathers

Ithought the twins left mayflower?

RDPDAD2018

Look out for 62 he's a good lineman

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas