• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Future of Hall High School Football and J.A Fair High School Football

Started by Mulerider4Life, April 17, 2018, 10:28:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Fair is consolidating with McClellan, so they should improve, Hall is to lose 300 students to that same high school, so they'll drop to 5A, more than likely?? I guess the future is both better and bleak, depending on your location.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2018, 10:49:39 am
Fair is consolidating with McClellan, so they should improve, Hall is to lose 300 students to that same high school, so they'll drop to 5A, more than likely?? I guess the future is both better and bleak, depending on your location.

So is Fair turning into a junior high? Also Hall should be able to compete in 5A. McClellan will becoming 6A or 7A?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 17, 2018, 02:46:57 pm
So is Fair turning into a junior high? Also Hall should be able to compete in 5A. McClellan will becoming 6A or 7A?

It will be a totally new high school, not sure of the name, I think I heard SW LR High? But it will be a 7A school.

BigLion10

friscokid

This has been pointed out on another thread, but the creation of SWLR will jack up 7A big-time. It'll mean the two Fort Smith schools will have to split. And Solomon isn't in charge of the AAA.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: friscokid on April 20, 2018, 09:03:52 pm
This has been pointed out on another thread, but the creation of SWLR will jack up 7A big-time. It'll mean the two Fort Smith schools will have to split. And Solomon isn't in charge of the AAA.

Why would the Fort Smith schools split?

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 23, 2018, 07:39:15 am
Why would the Fort Smith schools split?
The AAA handbook requires football conferences to have eight teams so there are no open dates in conference play, except in 2A when it can't be helped.
When the new LR school opens, you will have this:
West — Bentonville, Bentonville West, Fayetteville, Rogers, Rogers Heritage, Springdale, Springdale Har-Ber.
Central — Bryant, Cabot, Conway, LR Central, North Little Rock, LR Catholic, new LR school (replacing Van Buren, which falls to 6A).
Each has seven ... then you have Fort Smith Northside and Fort Smith Southside.
The AAA will not send Fayetteville to the Central or Conway to the West just to keep the two FS schools together, so the split in imminent. A hunch here is that Southside will go to the West and Northside to the Central.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 23, 2018, 08:26:30 am
The AAA handbook requires football conferences to have eight teams so there are no open dates in conference play, except in 2A when it can't be helped.
West — Bentonville, Bentonville West, Fayetteville, Rogers, Rogers Heritage, Springdale, Springdale Har-Ber.
Central — Bryant, Cabot, Conway, LR Central, North Little Rock, LR Catholic, new LR school (replacing Van Buren, which falls to 6A).
The AAA will not send Fayetteville to the Central or Conway to the West just to keep the two FS schools together, so the split in imminent. A hunch here is that Southside will go to the West and Northside to the Central.

Eldorado may become 7A eventually. But For Smith is in a wierd area anyway.

friscokid

I'll suggest a solution I posted before: Have one FS school in the West and one in the Central one year, then flip-flop them in the second year to share the hardship. One team inherits the other's schedule slot.

ricepig

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 23, 2018, 09:36:47 am
Eldorado may become 7A eventually. But For Smith is in a wierd area anyway.
Doubtful, there's 6 schools ahead of them in enrollment.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: friscokid on April 23, 2018, 11:48:28 pm
I'll suggest a solution I posted before: Have one FS school in the West and one in the Central one year, then flip-flop them in the second year to share the hardship. One team inherits the other's schedule slot.
So ... under your suggestion ... Southside would host North Little Rock one year, then Northside would have to travel to North Little Rock next year?
Three words ... ain't gonna happen.

Mulerider4Life

friscokid

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 25, 2018, 08:43:10 am
So ... under your suggestion ... Southside would host North Little Rock one year, then Northside would have to travel to North Little Rock next year?
Three words ... ain't gonna happen.
Then you lock it in for 4 years so both teams get the home and away. I don't see anyone passing another in enrollment in that time frame, so 7A should be set through the 2023 season. Therefore it should be in writing that FSNS and FSSS swap places at midpoint.

GuvHog

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 23, 2018, 08:26:30 am

So if Hall drops to 5A, they'll likely replace Fair in the 5A Central and either Mills or Monticello will have to move up to the 5A South from 4A to Replace McClellan. Interesting. The Billie faithful probably wouldn't like that at all.

AirWarren

Quote from: GuvHog on June 16, 2018, 10:02:19 am
So if Hall drops to 5A, they'll likely replace Fair in the 5A Central and either Mills or Monticello will have to move up to the 5A South from 4A to Replace McClellan. Interesting. The Billie faithful probably wouldn't like that at all.

They probably would. They have been nothing but kicked in the teeth with the 4a.

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas