• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden Head Football Opening

Started by NWA Hawg, April 13, 2018, 06:36:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

old.dole

Heard this morning from a guy named Tony that the baseball coach had put in for the job. Played for parker and Russell. Looks like a return to the power I or the wishbone for bearden

NWA Hawg

Quote from: old.dole on April 18, 2018, 10:31:15 am
Heard this morning from a guy named Tony that the baseball coach had put in for the job. Played for parker and Russell. Looks like a return to the power I or the wishbone for bearden

I think the baseball coach is also the head junior high coach right?

old.dole

southarkdaddy

Sounds like Bearden faithful want something new

Rida4Life

JC has a lot back but loses a ton of their offensive production.  Fordyce will be good but they are still Fordyce and consistently do less with more athletes than most schools in the area.  Hampton does return a lot.... but I know that at least two returning starters won't play for them next season.  That team is talented but lacked a team leader to get them over the hump in several games last year.  Bearden and PC will both be young.  Strong Hermitage and Woodlawn will all struggle to field a team. 

All that said, Bearden should still contend for the 3 seed with PC, Fordyce, and Hampton.
JC in a down year is still more talented than everyone else.

creamcheeze

Bearden_Bear72

I believe that the School wants coach hammonds as AD.  I heard that from school board member.  Mike Cox is very doubtful to come back, he is enjoying his time off haha.  I would plan on Tyler Cox being a front runner.  Whoever it is will be adopting a young messy team. 

Bearden_Bear72

As for any Bearden boys going to HG I very highly doubt it.  Most boys seem pretty happy he is leaving.

old.dole

The ones that are happy have probably been listening to village idiots. Horstkamp is a very good coach in my opinion and I think it's going to be hard to get someone in there on his level. Young cox don't want it according to my people in Monticello. So I don't expect him to even apply. I know after cox's First year of retirement he still had that itch. I haven't  seen him in about 8 months so the itch may have gone away since then. He would still be my front runner as long as he still has that itch.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: old.dole on April 18, 2018, 12:53:02 pm
The ones that are happy have probably been listening to village idiots. Horstkamp is a very good coach in my opinion and I think it’s going to be hard to get someone in there on his level. Young cox don’t want it according to my people in Monticello. So I don’t expect him to even apply. I know after cox’s First year of retirement he still had that itch. I haven’t  seen him in about 8 months so the itch may have gone away since then. He would still be my front runner as long as he still has that itch.
You have people in Monticello?

old.dole

I know one or two people from everywhere in south Arkansas lol

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: old.dole on April 18, 2018, 01:43:37 pm
I know one or two people from everywhere in south Arkansas lol
What about Mcgehee?

old.dole

Naw can't say that I do. I know some people that know some people over there so anything I get from that way will be like 3rd hand info

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: old.dole on April 18, 2018, 02:07:29 pm
Naw can’t say that I do. I know some people that know some people over there so anything I get from that way will be like 3rd hand info
So you don't know people from everywhere in South Arkansas?

creamcheeze

Quote from: Oldman on April 18, 2018, 02:34:01 pm
So you don't know people from everywhere in South Arkansas?

He probably doesn't even know where Thornton is at.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on April 18, 2018, 12:17:36 pm
As for any Bearden boys going to HG I very highly doubt it.  Most boys seem pretty happy he is leaving.
I spoke with the grandpa of one of Bearden's best players and he told me that his grandson was "most likely" coming to the Grove next year.   

old.dole

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: creamcheeze on April 18, 2018, 03:05:53 pm
He probably doesn’t even know where Thornton is at.
I don't know Thornton.

old.dole

Part of the Bearden school district. Lot of really good basketball kids came out of Thornton after they consolidated with Bearden. Not so much any more.

creamcheeze

Quote from: CHG Hornet on April 18, 2018, 03:22:51 pm
I spoke with the grandpa of one of Bearden's best players and he told me that his grandson was "most likely" coming to the Grove next year.   

That's not what I heard.

HG Hornet

Quote from: creamcheeze on April 18, 2018, 03:58:46 pm
That's not what I heard.
Oh, I guess you're like Johnny Cash.....you've been everywhere, Man.  I didn't call any names and I'm not going to, but I know what the man told me.  They probably don't want anyone to know.....and the kid may not come, but if he does it will hurt Bearden and help HG. 

PapaHog

old.dole

creamcheeze

PapaHog

old.dole

Stopped and got coffee this morning at the corner store and one of the players was in there getting a biscuit and he told me hammonds May be following Horstkamp to grove. Has anyone else heard that.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: old.dole on April 19, 2018, 07:33:08 am
Stopped and got coffee this morning at the corner store and one of the players was in there getting a biscuit and he told me hammonds May be following Horstkamp to grove. Has anyone else heard that.

That would be VERY surprising! I don't see him giving up basketball to go be an assistant at CHG,

HG Hornet

I heard that HG is gonna hire 2 assistants and Horstkamp requested that if he got the job, he wanted to bring at least one of his Bearden assistants with him.........no names though. 

old.dole

I didn't think so either. Caught me off guard when the young man said that. If he was to leave I could def see a couple going with him

NWA Hawg

Quote from: CHG Hornet on April 19, 2018, 07:55:55 am
I heard that HG is gonna hire 2 assistants and Horstkamp requested that if he got the job, he wanted to bring at least one of his Bearden assistants with him.........no names though.

I would think he might would take Ryan Thomas with him. He has been calling the offense for a couple years for Bearden I believe. Also might would take the Cambliss guy that has been with Horstkamp for a while. Can't see Hammonds going.

old.dole

I figured both of those guys would put in for head job at Bearden. Im pretty positive Chambliss has for sure. Anyone know a count of applicants so far? I've heard over 10 already

HG Hornet

Quote from: fann07 on April 19, 2018, 07:58:55 am
I would think he might would take Ryan Thomas with him. He has been calling the offense for a couple years for Bearden I believe. Also might would take the Cambliss guy that has been with Horstkamp for a while. Can't see Hammonds going.
Bud Chambliss did his practice coaching at HG a few years back. 

old.dole

Which one would the Grover's prefer him bring?

HG Hornet

Quote from: old.dole on April 19, 2018, 08:10:27 am
Which one would the Grover's prefer him bring?
I don't know them personally.  I know that Coach Horstkamp has always been regarded as a classy guy and one of the assistant coaches took time to speak to my son after CHG beat Bearden last year and wished him and the Hornets well for the remainder of the season.  Classy move there, too, unlike some coaches from other schools we've faced before who don't know how to treat kids from the opposing team.

creamcheeze

Quote from: CHG Hornet on April 19, 2018, 09:58:11 am
I don't know them personally.  I know that Coach Horstkamp has always been regarded as a classy guy and one of the assistant coaches took time to speak to my son after CHG beat Bearden last year and wished him and the Hornets well for the remainder of the season.  Classy move there, too, unlike some coaches from other schools we've faced before who don't know how to treat kids from the opposing team.

What schools is that?

creamcheeze

PapaHog

The_Wesson_Blessin

I talked to Hammonds at one of the last track meets over there before it was announced Horstkamp was leaving and he said he was following him to take over the Head Basketball job. That now that daddy was out of the Sup spot Piggot was out?

old.dole

I could see hammonds doing that. He ain't going to want to get out of that conference until he gets revenge on his buddy that went to Pc from camden

NWA Hawg

Quote from: The_Wesson_Blessin on April 19, 2018, 11:30:35 am
I talked to Hammonds at one of the last track meets over there before it was announced Horstkamp was leaving and he said he was following him to take over the Head Basketball job. That now that daddy was out of the Sup spot Piggot was out?

So he told you that before Hortskamp was even hired?

Rida4Life

Wait, Wait, Wait.... I thought Hammonds was taking the Head Basketball and AD job at Camden Fairview.

man he's a popular guy! 
Gonna be hard to coach at 3 schools at the same time.

The_Wesson_Blessin

Quote from: fann07 on April 19, 2018, 11:49:35 am
So he told you that before Hortskamp was even hired?

No, before it was announced. While it was still "in the works" I guess.

creamcheeze

Quote from: Rida4Life on April 19, 2018, 11:53:57 am
Wait, Wait, Wait.... I thought Hammonds was taking the Head Basketball and AD job at Camden Fairview.

man he's a popular guy! 
Gonna be hard to coach at 3 schools at the same time.

I talked to Hammonds a couple of weeks back in a Senior Auxiliary meeting in El Dorado. He said that he had communication with someone in Pine Bluff about an opportunity.

old.dole

When you put together the resume he has in such a short time everyone wants a piece

The_Wesson_Blessin

Quote from: old.dole on April 19, 2018, 12:12:40 pm
When you put together the resume he has in such a short time everyone wants a piece

With the horses he has and goes 0-3 vs. Parker's Chapel?? Got to see PC play a couple of times, they were no doubt solid, but nothing to what Bearden was athletically...maybe he feels the seat warming up a bit at Bearden for underachieving? Willing to try and be an assistant at CF or PB... ???

Rida4Life

Quote from: The_Wesson_Blessin on April 19, 2018, 12:15:56 pm
With the horses he has and goes 0-3 vs. Parker's Chapel?? Got to see PC play a couple of times, they were no doubt solid, but nothing to what Bearden was athletically...maybe he feels the seat warming up a bit at Bearden for underachieving? Willing to try and be an assistant at CF or PB... ???
OUCH!!!!

old.dole

MagicMike

I talked to Hammons at lunch the other day. Turns out he prefers A1 over Heinz

old.dole

creamcheeze

Quote from: MagicMike on April 19, 2018, 12:36:10 pm
I talked to Hammons at lunch the other day. Turns out he prefers A1 over Heinz

Hammond told me he preferred Coors over Budweiser. Can anyone confirm?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas