• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenland @ Lamar

Started by Warriors023, October 05, 2018, 10:49:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Warriors023

Greenland seems to be a decent team, however the warriors are on a roll at 6-0, putting up 40+ points in 3 of their last 4 outings, and while also leading the conference in sacks by a comfortable margin.

beach bum

This should be a really good game on paper cause their styles offensively can cause each other problems.... I still will take Lamar by a 7-10 point margin. The long road trip for Greenland will aid the Warriors in front of their home crowd and lead them to a 7-0 start!

Warriors023

i will give it to Greenland, they were able to score effectively in the first half against a talent laden Booneville defense. Should be an interesting game.

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 06, 2018, 07:55:34 am #3 Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 10:46:48 am by MICHAELSPAPPY
Now we finally get down to business. Greenland obviously has some talent. I think the Warriors win this one at home, but I don't think it will be easy.

CoolBreeze

This will be the Warriors first test since week 1 at Danville. If they haven't gotten overconfident after all the blowouts, they should take care of business at home.

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 06, 2018, 12:24:53 pm #5 Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 05:22:13 pm by MICHAELSPAPPY
Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 06, 2018, 12:00:15 pm
This will be the Warriors first test since week 1 at Danville. If they haven't gotten overconfident after all the blowouts, they should take care of business at home.

Hopefully we realized that we had those opponents overmatched and will be ready to bring it vs. Greenland. But you never know with 17-year-olds.

Warriors023

All year so far pelts, parmenter, and Mayes have dominated the field offensively. However, the offense isn't as balanced as some would like to see. Lamar has the capability to be a team that can effectively run the spread. But play to your strengths I guess

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 06, 2018, 02:04:39 pm
However, the offense isn't as balanced as some would like to see. Lamar has the capability to be a team that can effectively run the spread. But play to your strengths I guess

I think we can do some things we haven't had to do so far.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Could one of you Greenland fans give us a rundown on the team?

Warriors023

October 08, 2018, 12:53:37 am #9 Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:59:11 am by Warriors023
We have 2 tall and very fast recivers to use as deep threats in Hinkle and west, I guess doc is letting them sit until they're needed

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 08, 2018, 12:53:37 am
We have 2 y'all and very fast recivers to use as deep threats in Hinkle and west, I guess doc is letting them sit until they're needed

Doc loves to pass, but the other game is rolling right now, so why mess with a good thing?

knownothingboutfallball

Greenland is a very talented team and will give Lamar trouble cld be a high scoring game I think the pirates pull of the win.

beach bum

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on October 08, 2018, 08:52:39 am
Greenland is a very talented team and will give Lamar trouble cld be a high scoring game I think the pirates pull of the win.

Greenland has some good athletes at RB and on the edges, but  Lamar has the defensive edge and in the trenches.....

TheTruth2010

Lamar will actually have competition this week. Hope they haven't gotten big heads from playing 4 bad teams and one mediocre at best the past 5 weeks. I actually see this being a lower scoring game. First team to 21 wins

TheTruth2010

Also I think In the past 5 weeks only Cedarville has been able to score on Lamar's first team Defense, With only 8 points. Lamar's first team Defense has only given up 20 points this year. If I'm not mistaking.

MICHAELSPAPPY

The defense has been pretty impressive. I like it!

TRH

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 08, 2018, 01:12:36 pm
Also I think In the past 5 weeks only Cedarville has been able to score on Lamar's first team Defense, With only 8 points. Lamar's first team Defense has only given up 20 points this year. If I'm not mistaking.

Lamar's score against Cedarville (22-8) and the Charleston score against Cedarville (21-6) the following Friday look similar. I couldn't find any stats on Cedarville's offense, so other than the points allowed there's not much to go on when comparing Chuck and Lamar's defenses. Charleston's offense accounted for 336 total yards against the Pirates, while Lamar's offense generated 275 total yards of offense against that same scurvy crew!
Greenland hung with Booneville for a half, this should be a good football game, with a LOT on the line for both teams!

TheTruth2010

Quote from: TRH on October 08, 2018, 01:47:32 pm
Lamar's score against Cedarville (22-8) and the Charleston score against Cedarville (21-6) the following Friday look similar. I couldn't find any stats on Cedarville's offense, so other than the points allowed there's not much to go on when comparing Chuck and Lamar's defenses. Charleston's offense accounted for 336 total yards against the Pirates, while Lamar's offense generated 275 total yards of offense against that same scurvy crew!
Greenland hung with Booneville for a half, this should be a good football game, with a LOT on the line for both teams!
Well the Lamar vs Cedarville game was a Torrential Downpour so that may have had something to do with it I would say.   

CoolBreeze

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 08, 2018, 01:53:13 pm
Well the Lamar vs Cedarville game was a Torrential Downpour so that may have had something to do with it I would say.
That could certainly make a difference.

beach bum

October 08, 2018, 02:00:58 pm #19 Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 02:14:19 pm by beach bum
Quote from: TRH on October 08, 2018, 01:47:32 pm

Lamar's defensive performance against Cedarville was actually impressive considering even though Cedarville only has a 2-4 record they are rushing for about 350 a game and the only team to hold Cedarville below that was Lamar..... And Lamar held them way below that. Cedarville actually outgained Charleston in their game. Lamar's defense is legit and is what is allowing them to make a jump up this year. All that said, yes I still think Greenland will keep this competitive. Only Paris and WF are bad enough that you know simply by showing up you can win the game. Lamar is smart enough obviously to know that even though they're favored they won't take this game lightly.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: beach bum on October 08, 2018, 02:00:58 pm
Lamar is smart enough obviously to know that even though they're favored they won't take this game lightly.

I think they can look at their schedule and know that what remains is a tougher than what went before. Even 16 year old boys ought to be able to figure that one out.

macadoshis

Even though Booneville dropped 60+ on this Greenland squad, they scored 34 on a team that has been destroying teams.  This team will be able to score plenty. I worry that alamar will not be able to keep up with this scoring pace.  I will be looking forward to seeing this game. I really think this game could set the tone for the remainder of the season.  A solid win Friday night could propel the Warriors into a week 10 meeting of two 9-0 teams. If they lay an egg Friday I could see it going just the opposite and the Warriors finishing the season with 4 straight losses. I really do see this as a must win if they want to accomplish what they want to this season.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on October 09, 2018, 09:06:50 am
I really do see this as a must win if they want to accomplish what they want to this season.

I would say that is a fair statement.

macadoshis

I am really excited that this will be a battle between two equally matched teams and the weather will be amazing.  It's gonna feel like football weather. I'll definitely be in attendance for this one. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

macadoshis

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 09, 2018, 09:35:35 am
Hootens has Lamar by 10.
I'm a little surprised by the double digit projection. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

We get some for home field advantage.

MICHAELSPAPPY

I just do not know what to think about the Warriors to this point. They have done everything well so far, but the schedule, with the exception of Danville, has not been challenging. Greenland should let us know a little more about the team.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: macadoshis on October 09, 2018, 09:06:50 am
Even though Booneville dropped 60+ on this Greenland squad, they scored 34 on a team that has been destroying teams.  This team will be able to score plenty. I worry that alamar will not be able to keep up with this scoring pace.  I will be looking forward to seeing this game. I really think this game could set the tone for the remainder of the season.  A solid win Friday night could propel the Warriors into a week 10 meeting of two 9-0 teams. If they lay an egg Friday I could see it going just the opposite and the Warriors finishing the season with 4 straight losses. I really do see this as a must win if they want to accomplish what they want to this season.

Booneville's Defense didn't even play hard the first half.  That is the only reason Greenland scores 28 points on them.   The 2nd half Greenland didn't have a first down on the starting Defense.   The scores on our 2nd Defense in4th qtr.   Greenland wasn't a bad team and I see them beating Lamar by 14 but I would look at what you did the first half as being great because we didn't play like our normal defense till after halftime.  Bearcats will come out fast against Mansfield I'm betting and take care of business quick.

xadboy

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 09, 2018, 05:17:04 pm
Booneville's Defense didn't even play hard the first half.  That is the only reason Greenland scores 28 points on them.   The 2nd half Greenland didn't have a first down on the starting Defense.   The scores on our 2nd Defense in4th qtr.   Greenland wasn't a bad team and I see them beating Lamar by 14 but I would look at what you did the first half as being great because we didn't play like our normal defense till after halftime.  Bearcats will come out fast against Mansfield I'm betting and take care of business quick.
Lamar's first team defense has only gave up 3 TDs so far. 2 of those was against Danville in the first game of the year. Greenland will have a difficult time moving the ball against the second ranked defense in the state in scoring.

Greenland will not win by 14. Greenland won't even win the game at all. Lamar will take this game by 3 score's.

Sorry folks but I don't think Marcy will be there.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: xadboy on October 09, 2018, 05:39:24 pm
Lamar's first team defense has only gave up 3 TDs so far. 2 of those was against Danville in the first game of the year. Greenland will have a difficult time moving the ball against the second ranked defense in the state in scoring.

Greenland will not win by 14. Greenland won't even win the game at all. Lamar will take this game by 3 score's.

She probably needed a break.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: xadboy on October 09, 2018, 05:39:24 pm

Danville isn't very good and Lamar hasn't played anyone at all.   So as of right now at this point your 2nd ranked Defense doesn't hold anyone good or water.  Sorry to bust your bubble

Proud Buckaroo

Not to burst your bubble. But Lamar hasn't played anyone just yet. One mediocre team in Danville. But that's about it.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 09, 2018, 07:50:42 pm
Not to burst your bubble. But Lamar hasn't played anyone just yet. One mediocre team in Danville. But that's about it.
You play the games that are scheduled that's all you can do. We are going to see what Lamar is really made of these next 4 weeks.

macadoshis

I agree that Lamar hasn't played anyone yet. And I agree all you can do is play the teams on the schedule.  I was at the Danville game and I personally didn't think Danville was good at all.  I think the lack of quality opponents thus far hurts the Warriors Friday night. Whether or not it hurts to the point of losing we'll have to see.

knownothingboutfallball

Taking nothing away from Lamar and Coach Jones. I know him real well and he will have his Troops ready but they really haven't had a test yet.

Wonderdog

This should be a good, competitive game. Something to consider; the combined records of Elkins, Mansfield and Booneville (Greenland's 3 losses) at this point in the season is 18-0.

beach bum

Quote from: Wonderdog on October 09, 2018, 08:55:19 pm
This should be a good, competitive game. Something to consider; the combined records of Elkins, Mansfield and Booneville (Greenland's 3 losses) at this point in the season is 18-0.

Something to consider also is that Elkins is only 6-0 because the combined records of the teams they have played is 8-28. Yes 8-28..... Elkins is only being aided by playing in a weak 4-4A and a soft non conference. In my opinion it is a rare year that I believe the 1-3A is better than the 4-4A which would typically be unimaginable, but I think it may be that way this year. Outside of Greenland, Elkins's other 5 teams they have played are 5-25. Charleston may only end up with 3 league wins and I think they would win 4 or 5 in the 4-4A if they played there.

xadboy

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 09, 2018, 05:56:49 pm
Danville isn't very good and Lamar hasn't played anyone at all.   So as of right now at this point your 2nd ranked Defense doesn't hold anyone good or water.  Sorry to bust your bubble
Guess we will see who is blowing bubbles after Friday night.

xadboy

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 09, 2018, 07:50:42 pm
PB that popping noise you hear Friday night will be the fireworks going off after Lamar scores.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Doc is a good, veteran coach, and he says this is a very coachable group of players. We'll hope for the best. I expect knowing that this game will be tougher will have them fired up.

CatPride

Quote from: beach bum on October 09, 2018, 09:12:46 pm
Something to consider also is that Elkins is only 6-0 because the combined records of the teams they have played is 8-28. Yes 8-28..... Elkins is only being aided by playing in a weak 4-4A and a soft non conference. In my opinion it is a rare year that I believe the 1-3A is better than the 4-4A which would typically be unimaginable, but I think it may be that way this year. Outside of Greenland, Elkins's other 5 teams they have played are 5-25. Charleston may only end up with 3 league wins and I think they would win 4 or 5 in the 4-4A if they played there.
The same could be said for Lamar. Their opponents are a combined 7-29. I agree with the 1-3A being better than the 4-4A.

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 10, 2018, 09:13:28 am #42 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 09:18:46 am by MICHAELSPAPPY
Quote from: CatPride on October 10, 2018, 08:56:57 am
The same could be said for Lamar. Their opponents are a combined 7-29. I agree with the 1-3A being better than the 4-4A.

Come on, folks. Alabama is 6-0, and the combined record of their opponents is only 16-19, and by your logic that means they might not be much good, and I think we know that isn't true.

Sure Lamar's schedule has been fairly weak to this point, but does that mean that they haven't shown enough to know that they are at least a pretty good team? They may not win conference, but I think the evidence is there to say they will be in the top group.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 10, 2018, 09:13:28 am
Come on, folks. Alabama is 6-0, and the combined record of their opponents is only 16-19, and by your logic that means they might not be much good, and I think we know that isn't true.

Sure Lamar's schedule has been fairly weak to this point, but does that mean that they haven't shown enough to know that they are at least a pretty good team? They may not win conference, but I think the evidence is there to say they will be in the top group.
I don't think anyone is saying Lamar isn't a good team.  They just haven't played anyone that will set them apart as a top team.  I have seen both Greenland and Lamar play and feel like Greenland has the edge even with Lamar having home field.  Good luck to both teams Friday night.

xadboy

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 10, 2018, 09:51:06 am
I don't think anyone is saying Lamar isn't a good team.  They just haven't played anyone that will set them apart as a top team.  I have seen both Greenland and Lamar play and feel like Greenland has the edge even with Lamar having home field.  Good luck to both teams Friday night.
What game did you watch Lamar play?

Bearcatdad

Quote from: xadboy on October 10, 2018, 01:44:21 pm
What game did you watch Lamar play?

Danville and if it wasn't for their mistakes inside 10 they should have beat you. 

xadboy

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 10, 2018, 02:16:43 pm
Danville and if it wasn't for their mistakes inside 10 they should have beat you.
It was the first game of the year and yes we made some mistakes. But we have really cleaned up on those and playing defense so much better. We don't even look like the team that played Danville. Don't you think that a sign of a good team is finding a way to win despite not playing your best?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: xadboy on October 10, 2018, 02:34:46 pm
It was the first game of the year and yes we made some mistakes. But we have really cleaned up on those and playing defense so much better. We don't even look like the team that played Danville.

Considerably better than when we played Danville. We looked very rusty in that game.

nastynice

Lamar by 21+. Take it to the bank!

macadoshis

Quote from: nastynice on October 10, 2018, 03:17:18 pm
Lamar by 21+. Take it to the bank!
Don't close that bank too early Nasty....we will talk after the game.  21+ ?  You sure about that?  I haven't seen Greenland.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas