• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

School Choice-applies to some but not all

Started by skydiver, May 10, 2015, 05:53:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you satisfied with the job the AAA is doing

Satisfied
6 (30%)
Really don't care
1 (5%)
Not satisfied
6 (30%)
Ready for a change in the offices
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Wonderdog

Quote from: searkhogfan on May 12, 2015, 09:59:04 pm
Quote from: True Fan on May 12, 2015, 09:50:54 pm
And rightly so. Extenuating circumstances deserve consideration.

Questions

Does Strong still have a softball team?

Is it not crazy that a school board member petitioned for a transfer for their own kid? Isn't their job to keep the school out of academic distress? (Of course, through employment practices and sound policies)

Yes, Yes, & Yes.

The school board member actually lobbied for & voted for the transfer.  And then resigned after it was approved. Or so I'm told.
You were told correctly.

Rida4Life

To quote Doc Holliday "it appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds".

Woodlawn on here calling PC a bunch of cheaters is down right hilarious.  That was one stud RB you had in football the last two years........  I don't recall anyone griping about his "eligibility "
And if I recall correctly it was a tad shady. 
What's even worse is that your coach didn't have the guts to call AAA himself, he begged Dierks to do it. 
Chicken house row with another shining moment on FF!!!!!!

Ya'll getting Internet out there in the sticks has gone to your heads!  Chill out and think before you hit enter!

CMhawgtracks

Questions

Is it not crazy that a school board member petitioned for a transfer for their own kid? Isn't their job to keep the school out of academic distress? (Of course, through employment practices and sound policies)

Yes, Yes, & Yes.

The school board member actually lobbied for & voted for the transfer.  And then resigned after it was approved. Or so I'm told.
If you have information on how the school board voted on this, then it just proves how bad the school board at strong is,
how a person votes is supposed to be confidential and no information, like that is, supposed to leave the room. my guess is a lot of misinformation is being passed on here, for reasons unknown. other than sour grapes

Wonderdog

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 12, 2015, 10:41:22 pm

Questions

Yes, Yes, & Yes.

If you have information on how the school board voted on this, then it just proves how bad the school board at strong is,
how a person votes is supposed to be confidential and no information, like that is, supposed to leave the room. my guess is a lot of misinformation is being passed on here, for reasons unknown. other than sour grapes
On this particular situation, searkhogfan was told correctly.

Rida4Life

And for all the name callers..... We prefer "perfect" chapel over peckers chapel.  Thanks in advance for your consideration on this matter. 

Wonderdog

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 12, 2015, 10:43:12 pm
And for all the name callers..... We prefer "perfect" chapel over peckers chapel.  Thanks in advance for your consideration on this matter.
Calm down Susie Q

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: saltlife on May 12, 2015, 10:31:49 pm
Skydiver is from Dierks btw - I think that explains ALOT  ::)
That explains a lot, PC beat them like yard dogs:)

HarryCaray

Skydiver from Dierks....... Hmmm'!   Wonder if any Nashville kids have ever found their way out there? It just amazes me  how folks can just accuse others of cheating  without any substantial proof. PC actually applied for a hardship this yr for a kid who transferred from Norphlet. It was denied by this same AAA! Hardships aren't always approved but when they are then precedents are set. Can't say yes to one and no to others in same situation. Like it was already stated, nobody at strong is moaning about this because they are the ones that released these kids and signed of on the CSAP forms.  BTW, the pitcher who shoved it up Dierks butt is only a 10th grader so no hardship needed!

Wonderdog

Quote from: HarryCaray on May 12, 2015, 10:56:33 pm
Skydiver from Dierks....... Hmmm'!   Wonder if any Nashville kids have ever found their way out there? It just amazes me  how folks can just accuse others of cheating  without any substantial proof. PC actually applied for a hardship this yr for a kid who transferred from Norphlet. It was denied by this same AAA! Hardships aren't always approved but when they are then precedents are set. Can't say yes to one and no to others in same situation. Like it was already stated, nobody at strong is moaning about this because they are the ones that released these kids and signed of on the CSAP forms.  BTW, the pitcher who shoved it up Dierks butt is only a 10th grader so no hardship needed!
Very good for her. She plays for PC, legally. However, she is a Strong product. Hope she continues to do well.

Ice Water

For those wanting to know what's actually going on... PC has three girls in their lineup that were not at PC last year. Each girl is now at PC via her own unique circumstances. All three of them are there within the letter of the rules. That's the bottom line. 

If you want to go into some detail... Strong has been in academic distress. PC's current softball coach was not on staff when the first two girls arrived. One of the girls played basketball and went the whole season without anyone taking issue.

Decide what you want. PC and 15 other teams have games to play come Thursday.

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: Ice Water on May 12, 2015, 11:09:24 pm
For those wanting to know what's actually going on... PC has three girls in their lineup that were not at PC last year. Each girl is now at PC via her own unique circumstances. All three of them are there within the letter of the rules. That's the bottom line. 

If you want to go into some detail... Strong has been in academic distress. PC's current softball coach was not on staff when the first two girls arrived. One of the girls played basketball and went the whole season without anyone taking issue.

Decide what you want. PC and 15 other teams have games to play come Thursday.
This is correct. As stated before, one kid is a 10th grader, no problem, another kid is a preachers daughter and a junior, that recently moved into the Strong Area, she never attended Strongs school, the other kid is a senior and the AAA waived the 365 day rule. I can name others that left for other school districts, but no one is complaining about them because they weren't on the team that drilled Dierks on the softball field!

Proud Buckaroo

Moves to Strong, but still played for PC? That's a commute...

searkhogfan

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 12, 2015, 10:37:53 pm

Woodlawn on here calling PC a bunch of cheaters is down right hilarious.  That was one stud RB you had in football the last two years........  I don't recall anyone griping about his "eligibility "
What's even worse is that your coach didn't have the guts to call AAA himself, he begged Dierks to do it. 

Ya'll getting Internet out there in the sticks has gone to your heads!  Chill out and think before you hit enter!

The stud RB you mention lives with his parents within a 1/4 mile of Woodlawn school.  His grandparents live behind the school & have for the last 10-15 yrs.  and yes, Woodlawn gets kids every year that MOVE in to the Dist. 

I haven't heard anyone from Woodlawn complaining about the young lady at PC.  After all, we beat her & PC in our only meeting. 
As far as our coach goes. I don't even know if he knows.  I heard it from Norphlet fans at Norphlet.  This is the first I've discussed it. 

Good luck in the Tourny.

LowerAR

This is all kinda fun to watch, each team fighting about who cheated who. The young ladies needed to get out of Strong, I can assure you. My only question is how they got around the race issue. PC has been off limits to all white students for years because they are all white. Racial balance has been the key word for sometime. Did some new law just do away with that, because it would not have been approved even a few years ago?   

skydiver

The whole point of this post has accurately been accomplished. I HONESTLY have NO problem with ANY of these girls playing ANYWHERE. The point I've tried to make is the AAA is not consistent with their actions. Did PC do anything illegal?  I don't believe so. Any other school would take those girls and let them play too with AAA help. THATS the issue I have here. I feel like with the number of views and posts that a lot of people have been enlightened to the "ways" of the AAA. IF I OFFENDED ANYONE, that was not my intentions. It took a while to get the blood boiling enough to get all the facts out there from the PC folks. I never mentioned a coach or kids name. That's not how I roll. I never mentioned PC until the PC fans revealed themselves. Bottom line is this, not every school receives the SAME treatment from the AAA. good luck to PC, Foreman, Spring Hill, and Murfreesboro in the state tournament as well as all the other teams that are getting it done the "right" way.  THE END😀

True Fan

After the Malvern lawsuit, race was taken out of the school choice restrictions.

Panther Pride

This is a bunch of BS anyways. Not 1 college coach cares if your high school team wins a state championship or where the girls live. All they want to know is who and what travel team do or did you play for. What summer showcase tournaments your playing in. And the biggest question is what was your ACT score so we can give you a partial athletic and partial academic. Let the girls play ball and wish them all the luck to stay injury free and move on to the next level if they want.

True Fan

Quote from: Panther Pride on May 13, 2015, 08:30:28 am
what was your ACT score

That's the stat that will get you a spot on almost any team that you're interested in. ;)

WHITEchicken

Im pretty sure the AAA doesn't read this stuff and say "man these people have a point, lets change something." call them, email them, or write them a letter about your concerns. Maybe something can be changed then. I think they should just better define the rules. an TrueFAN I had a 89 on my ACT is that good enough to get on a team? :P

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: skydiver on May 13, 2015, 08:18:07 am
The whole point of this post has accurately been accomplished. I HONESTLY have NO problem with ANY of these girls playing ANYWHERE. The point I've tried to make is the AAA is not consistent with their actions. Did PC do anything illegal?  I don't believe so. Any other school would take those girls and let them play too with AAA help. THATS the issue I have here. I feel like with the number of views and posts that a lot of people have been enlightened to the "ways" of the AAA. IF I OFFENDED ANYONE, that was not my intentions. It took a while to get the blood boiling enough to get all the facts out there from the PC folks. I never mentioned a coach or kids name. That's not how I roll. I never mentioned PC until the PC fans revealed themselves. Bottom line is this, not every school receives the SAME treatment from the AAA. good luck to PC, Foreman, Spring Hill, and Murfreesboro in the state tournament as well as all the other teams that are getting it done the "right" way.  THE END😀
One thing about your point about everything not being equal, you never offered up an example where things aren't equal.
My grand daughter is the senior that got the waiver, it wasn't automatic and they were preparing to move into the PC district before the waiver came through.
I'm curious to know who has been wronged by the AAA.

Rida4Life

May 13, 2015, 09:29:10 am #70 Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:32:11 am by Rida4Life
This is a bunch of BS anyways. Not 1 college coach cares if your high school team wins a state championship or where the girls live. All they want to know is who and what travel team do or did you play for. What summer showcase tournaments your playing in. And the biggest question is what was your ACT score so we can give you a partial athletic and partial academic. Let the girls play ball and wish them all the luck to stay injury free and move on to the next level if they want.

Wow...... we will agree to disagree here.  most college coaches are VERY opposed to travel ball.

Lionheart88

Quote from: LowerAR on May 13, 2015, 08:15:53 am
This is all kinda fun to watch, each team fighting about who cheated who. The young ladies needed to get out of Strong, I can assure you. My only question is how they got around the race issue. PC has been off limits to all white students for years because they are all white. Racial balance has been the key word for sometime. Did some new law just do away with that, because it would not have been approved even a few years ago?
There was a lawsuit a few tears ago where a judge ruled that race couldn't be the determining factor.  Now unless your district opts out of school choice kids can enter and leave pretty much at will, as long as the district they want to go to will take them.

True Fan

Hey whitechicken, how have you been? 89, huh? I think you may be overqualified to post on ff. ;D

Nobody can just call or email the AAA. They are the schools. A member school has to bring up anything for it to even be considered. Your superintend can propose anything. Man on the street inquiries or suggestions get filed in the trash.

softballnews

Ok skydiver if this team you are talking about was 2 and 23 and didn't mercy rule your team in regionals would we be hearing all of this noise from you? 

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: softballnews on May 13, 2015, 04:38:42 pm
Ok skydiver if this team you are talking about was 2 and 23 and didn't mercy rule your team in regionals would we be hearing all of this noise from you?
I think skydiver, has a problem that these girls transferred from Strong. He's probably still on a mental state from a couple of years age the Strong bulldog football team rolled into Dierks and rained on their undefeated season and any chance of a state title:~)

HarryCaray

Chapel's girls basketball team sent the outlaws home in regionals this past season so the skydivers parachute still hasn't opened! In response to an earlier post about court rulings on racial balance: these transfers were not school choice. They were board to board. School choice transfers only require action by the accepting school board.  Also, individual districts can opt out of school choice. this means they can't accept incoming choosers but students can't leave via choice either.
It's just important to me that Chapel is not labeled as cheaters. We follow the rules as they are written and compete very well at the 2 A level in most every sport. Good luck to the lady Trojans, gators , bears and rattlers tomorrow in Norphlet. I think a clean sweep is very possible for our region against the east.

True Fan

Quote from: HarryCaray on May 13, 2015, 11:10:51 pm
Good luck to the lady Trojans, gators , bears and rattlers tomorrow in Norphlet. I think a clean sweep is very possible for our region against the east.

;D

Rida4Life

LowerAR

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 13, 2015, 09:29:10 am

Wow...... we will agree to disagree here.  most college coaches are VERY opposed to travel ball.
Your kidding right, my daughter has received several offers just from the recommendation of our travel ball coach without ever seeing her play. We have been to 3 schools this year on visits and each coach could care less about High School. I know that one school who is very close will not even return our high school coaches phone calls. Every college sports appl. ask for travel team, coach, and home. Last year we played on a travel team that had several players with eligibility from a certain AR college that played with us at the request of of the coach. Man you can hear anything on this site. I have talked to at least 4 D2 coaches in the state and 1 D3 over the last year and they are not interested in Highschool softball. I will not say everyone, but all that I have talked to.     

brierguy

PC just mercy ruled another school. Skydiver is bound to have his wing and tail feathers ruffled for sure. But, I've digressed. I believe there was another softball player that transferred from Strong to Norphlet....who lives in Smackover. Why isn't anyone talking about that player, or talking about Norphlet? I heard the name Norphlet one time in this forum. Another softball player from Strong transferred to Crossett. I don't think she's playing softball though. See the pattern here? Students, and/or their parents are choosing to leave a school that is in academic distress. And, it didn't start last year. It's been happening and will continue to happen until the school will eventually have to close. I hate to see that happen. I've enjoyed the sports programs at Strong and gathering with the people of Strong to root for the Bulldogs for many years....even when they played my old alma mater. Like 2-3 others in this forum, I know why kids have transferred out of Strong and schools like Strong. For many students it's more about academics and preparing for college so that they can lead prosperous lives than it is about sports. This forum says it's about School Choice, and then it became about the AAA, board to board transfers, and then the focus turned to Parker's Chapel. Then Skydiver tried to sound like he/she is reasonable and said it wasn't about any of the players or where they played etc. I believe he/she did pick on the players and he/she definitely picked on Parker's Chapel by calling them pecker's chapel. How moronic and juvenile is that? By typing that one sentence he/she lost any shred of credibility that they may have once had. That's MAY have once had. I'll say it again. MAY have once had. Skydiver said he/she doesn't think PC did anything illegal. Then why did he/she call them pecker's chapel? Apparently he/she is upset about something at that school. It seems that Skydiver jumps around a lot. Kind of like a frog on lily pads. From now on, I'll refer to Skydiver as Frog. Frog may have said that he/she didn't mention PC and the girls from Strong at the outset, but that's what Frog was aiming at and talking about. Maybe it's because Frog didn't have the equipment to name the school by name. So, now we know this is a female frog. (Yes, I know. That was juvenile) This exercise has been nothing more than gossip and hot air to slander a dominant softball team and school. Nevertheless, I've enjoyed reading the poor loser's comments because it's made me smile that so many think so highly of the softball abilities of these girls. Because, face it, if they weren't where they are today, then we're not on this forum.

"Ribbit, ribbit, croak, ribbit." Frog knows what I just said.

Rida4Life

Quote from: LowerAR on May 14, 2015, 09:06:28 am

Your kidding right, my daughter has received several offers just from the recommendation of our travel ball coach without ever seeing her play. We have been to 3 schools this year on visits and each coach could care less about High School. I know that one school who is very close will not even return our high school coaches phone calls. Every college sports appl. ask for travel team, coach, and home. Last year we played on a travel team that had several players with eligibility from a certain AR college that played with us at the request of of the coach. Man you can hear anything on this site. I have talked to at least 4 D2 coaches in the state and 1 D3 over the last year and they are not interested in Highschool softball. I will not say everyone, but all that I have talked to.     

The phrase I've heard MULTIPLE times "All travel ball does is inflate egos, wear out arms, and cause burnout.  By the time a player gets to college they are tired of it all and their body is seldom in the shape it should be due to wear and tear of playing the same sport all year long for multiple years."

.......but what do I know... my best friend is a HS coach that's pretty well connected in the college ranks.  So you are right, I'm sure you are the expert here and not me.

CMhawgtracks

I think traveling teams should be outlawed for kids under 14, it's a big wear and tear on the kids and is mostly about the mamas and the papas, after 14, with the right coaches and the right attitude, the kids could gain valuable experience for the next level.

Lionheart88

I haven't heard it in softball specifically, but I've heard college and even professional coaches in other sports day they'd rather a kid played multiple sports in high school than play one all year round, partly because of burnout and the like.

LowerAR

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 15, 2015, 08:43:14 am

The phrase I've heard MULTIPLE times "All travel ball does is inflate egos, wear out arms, and cause burnout.  By the time a player gets to college they are tired of it all and their body is seldom in the shape it should be due to wear and tear of playing the same sport all year long for multiple years."

.......but what do I know... my best friend is a HS coach that's pretty well connected in the college ranks.  So you are right, I'm sure you are the expert here and not me.
So your best friend is a college grad, wow, I am too, yea my best friend is a state employee that works for the government, do you want to see which one is bigger. Give me a break! Playing multiple sports is an awesome accomplishment and I have nothing else to say except I have seen few big time pitchers that have anytime for anything but throwing a ball. As to burn out, that is called bull. It is known as a loss of interest, usually because they have found something else to pursue. It does happen. I have heard college coaches say many things, and I can only say once again, the ones I have talked to don't care about highschool ball. But lets name girls who made it in college playing ball and lets see how many never played tourney ball. For every name you name that didn't, I will name one that did and we will see who can name the most. This is a bunch of bull! I will not call a coaches name on this site because I would not want to betray her confidence, but an AR college coach told me this fall that most girls did not make it in college because they had never had to work at the game. When you go play for her you will work or leave. Most successful programs in the state, lift weights, run and occasionally practice through the year. You may burn up, but burn out is called "Go Home". Girl Athletes are tuff, they can get it. You guys are pansies.  ;D ;D ;D             

CMhawgtracks

If college coaches aren't interested in high school kids, they're not doing their job!!

skydiver

I don't know of many home-school D-1 prospects. Therefore I'd say college coaches better be interested in high school players. It's the same kids playing two separate schedules. College coaches can't get out and watch high school ball because they are playing at that time too. I did enjoy the "newbies" first post earlier. What an idiot. He/she can't get over the fact that over 3000 people have viewed this thread. EVIDENTLY it grabbed attention from several. The topic is aired out and I'm satisfied with the results. 😃

onceacoach

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 12, 2015, 07:12:05 pm
anyone know what school skydiver supports? I can probably give an educated guess why he, she, it is crying in their beer

Or it could be they respect the integrity of the game and the system. I for one could care less what school skydiver supports, he brings up some valid points and concerns many people have.

LowerAR

May 18, 2015, 12:01:54 pm #87 Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:05:42 pm by LowerAR
Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 15, 2015, 07:20:25 pm
If college coaches aren't interested in high school kids, they're not doing their job!!
You people need to learn to read. I would ask where you went to school, but I don't want to know. Of course they are interested in High school girls, where do you think they get them, the retirement home. If you can read, I said they are not interested in HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALL. Like it has been stated on this site already, college coaches are a little busy during the high school season. Also why drive 50 miles to see one girl play on and against a bunch of girls your not interested in when you can go to a tourney and see 10 that you are? This from the TEAM USA Coach. I can tell you, some of ya'll really need to learn about recruiting. I not telling you it's fair or nice, what in life is? In the last year I have made College visits, been to showcases, combines, checked web sites, attended camps, emailed and called coaches in 5 states. Don't tell me what College coaches want, because I have heard it from their mouths, not rumor or what someone else thinks. Believe me or not; my daughter has committed to a school for an education and will get to play ball too. She has played travel ball since she was 10 and received several offers from Colleges in 4 states, including a full ride, or what goes for a full ride these days.               

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: LowerAR on May 18, 2015, 12:01:54 pm
Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 15, 2015, 07:20:25 pm
You people need to learn to read. I would ask where you went to school, but I don't want to know. Of course they are interested in High school girls, where do you think they get them, the retirement home. If you can read, I said they are not interested in HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALL. Like it has been stated on this site already, college coaches are a little busy during the high school season. Also why drive 50 miles to see one girl play on and against a bunch of girls your not interested in when you can go to a tourney and see 10 that you are? This from the TEAM USA Coach. I can tell you, some of ya'll really need to learn about recruiting. I not telling you it's fair or nice, what in life is? In the last year I have made College visits, been to showcases, combines, checked web sites, attended camps, emailed and called coaches in 5 states. Don't tell me what College coaches want, because I have heard it from their mouths, not rumor or what someone else thinks. Believe me or not; my daughter has committed to a school for an education and will get to play ball too. She has played travel ball since she was 10 and received several offers from Colleges in 4 states, including a full ride, or what goes for a full ride these days.             
I didn't read your comment, I was commenting on Panther prides comment... Kinda full of yourself are you?

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: onceacoach on May 17, 2015, 11:26:50 pm
anyone know what school skydiver supports? I can probably give an educated guess why he, she, it is crying in their beer

Or it could be they respect the integrity of the game and the system. I for one could care less what school skydiver supports, he brings up some valid points and concerns many people have.
how is the integrity of the game disrespected if all the rules are followed?

XFalkonz

Wow they call us back every time we call them and they ask us how our season goes. Travel ball has its merit but it isn't the see all be all that you make it out to be...keep telling yourself that the money you spent is well worth it....if it makes you feel better so be it...but as a coach and a coach that knows several college coaches....they do pay attention to high school ball....but you just sit over there and be wrong

onceacoach

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 18, 2015, 05:55:53 pm

"Integrity means that you adhere to a moral conviction, or code of honor, that won't allow you to do certain things that you feel would debase you." Now can you honestly say that some schools/coaches/supporters did not try to improve their odds of winning by seeking out or recruiting players that attended other schools? No doubt they remained within the written rules but is that all that matters?

oldmtcoach

"Integrity is gone as long as rules allow people to be immoral. Even when black and white rules are broken they are over looked.

Lionheart88

Quote from: onceacoach on May 18, 2015, 11:23:33 pm
Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 18, 2015, 05:55:53 pm

"Integrity means that you adhere to a moral conviction, or code of honor, that won't allow you to do certain things that you feel would debase you." Now can you honestly say that some schools/coaches/supporters did not try to improve their odds of winning by seeking out or recruiting players that attended other schools? No doubt they remained within the written rules but is that all that matters?
If you've got evidence they did let's see it.  Until then, unfounded accusations aren't going to hold much weight, especially since it seems that all the relevant paperwork was filed and nobody had a problem with it at the time.

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: oldmtcoach on May 19, 2015, 12:41:28 am
"Integrity is gone as long as rules allow people to be immoral. Even when black and white rules are broken they are over looked.
Dude, what's immoral about a kids leaving an academic distressed school for a better education? 

LowerAR

Quote from: XFalkonz on May 18, 2015, 06:05:04 pm

Wow they call us back every time we call them and they ask us how our season goes. Travel ball has its merit but it isn't the see all be all that you make it out to be...keep telling yourself that the money you spent is well worth it....if it makes you feel better so be it...but as a coach and a coach that knows several college coaches....they do pay attention to high school ball....but you just sit over there and be wrong
What a bunch of KNOW-IT-ALLS, I tell you what College Coaches have told me and that hurts your feelings so bad that you start making all inclusive statements that are wrong. I never said your friend didn't know a coach or that you are not a coach. I said what I have been told by specific coaches in interviews and visits and coaching clinics, camps, showcases and combines. I can back mine up, but you can't, because I know college coaches that don't care about HS Softball, and I get the feeling that is a prevalent opinion among them because of how many I have heard it from. You keep telling yourself that you are doing all you can for your daughter because you don't want to spend the money. You don't have to put out that much effort and money. Mine is worth it. I have enjoyed every minute and I have a relationship with my daughter and wife that few even have a clue about. But it was somebody on this site who started attacking travel ball so I guess we have finished another season and now we try to make ourselves feel better while we indulge ourselves again. If you complain enough about travel ball you might even convince yourself you are worth it. You are the one who is wrong, look at the college rosters, but no go ask your friend, I wouldn't want you to get out of your chair. And by the way, the word coach is a term used to describe an individual, not a title. I went to college too, so you think because you took a class in softball that that makes you know it all. There are some good High School Coaches out there, but they are that because just like some good travel ball coaches they go and watch and learn. There is no class or update or refresher that can teach you how to coach. The worse thing that ever happen to Softball was Title 9 and the inclusion of the sport into High School Sports where it is not wanted and people with no passion for the game can kill half a season. There is a thread right now that is saying that AR girls can not compete with girls from other states. I don't believe that, but it is certain that our level is below that of TX, LA and OK. One says that training and getting better is wrong and wasting time, while the other says your girls are behind and not good enough. I believe they are both wrong. I feel that parents are to lazy and selfish with there own lives to raise there kids and get them where they need to be. You say I'm full of myself, go ahead, I have never said I know what every college coach in the country likes or don't like. I speak what I know, and qualify MY thoughts. If that hurts your feelings, tough.     

Lionheart88

Did it ever occur to either of you that maybe there are some coaches that favor travel and some that favor high school?  Maybe you're arguing over two roads to the same destination.  Take the one that works for you, but don't begrudge the other guy his different path.

LowerAR

LuckoftheIrish

I guess the college coaches I saw at the 5A State Tourn in Hot Springs were
just there for the food. I'm sure they were there to watch certain prospects,
but they got to see a lot of girls playing. Maybe they saw a girl that wasnt on their radar
before. Someone should tell those coaches that the shoudnt care for high school softball.

XFalkonz

I have never said that travel ball is a waste of time etc. But I do take umbrage with the statement that college coaches dont care about high school ball. Funny how that they talk to our program and the coaches and want to see our kids playing. We try to play at college ball parks to give these coaches a chance to see us play. College coaches are busy during the season and I can see how they don't have time to go watch games but coaches, at the high school level, are a lifeline that they need. There is also the thought that travel ball coaches know the game better than high school coaches. Some may, but don't lump all high school coaches and travel ball coaches as the same. I know several travel ball coaches that do a great job, and several that are terrible and have no concept of the physicality of the game. As a trained professional, I take into account of how to deal with the physical make up of our players and how to treat and prevent injuries. The good travel coaches make contacts with the local high school coaches and know how to deal with injuries and fatigue etc. But there are several who live vicariously through kids and all they want is for people to tell them how great they are. Of course, there are some high school coaches that have no rhyme or reason to be coaching any sport....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas