• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Championship: Osceola vs Booneville

Started by 501Arkansas, December 01, 2018, 08:56:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

I want Booneville to win and think they do
I want Booneville to win but think they won't
I want Osceola to wins and think they do
I want Osceola but think Booneville does

CapnObvious

Bearcats win this one by 10 , will be to physical for the speedy noles to handle...

elmerfudd

At this point, I almost expect all three games to be postponed to the weekend of the 15th, based on the current forecast and the AAA making a decision on Thursday. Not what I want, but I'm preparing for it.

ChucktownTiger

The apps I follow have pulled it back to Rain.

ChucktownTiger

Cats by 13. Hyatt and Company add another trophy to the shelf.

elmerfudd

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 04, 2018, 04:01:15 pm
The apps I follow have pulled it back to Rain.

I hope they're right!! It changes every time I look at it, which is typical.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 04, 2018, 03:41:54 pm
At this point, I almost expect all three games to be postponed to the weekend of the 15th, based on the current forecast and the AAA making a decision on Thursday. Not what I want, but I'm preparing for it.

The only way they move them is if there is lightning (last weekend) or ice expected or down (2013). Doubtful they move them just for rain and cold.

teh29

The 4 years that Osceola went to the finals in the 90s.. The reason they jumped classes the way they did..  (to my best understanding..  Someone correct me if need be)  BUT..  It was during these 4 years that Arkansas readjusted the classifications.. (I think they done away with the b class) but it caused schools to change classifications a couple of times in a few years. 

nastynice

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 04, 2018, 04:30:09 pm
The only way they move them is if there is lightning (last weekend) or ice expected or down (2013). Doubtful they move them just for rain and cold.

They better not.  But it is the AAA, they always make the wrong decision.

elmerfudd

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 04, 2018, 04:30:09 pm

Yea cold rain isn't a problem. Saturday night is the only concerning part.

Per Weather Channel: "Rain and snow in the evening transitioning to snow showers late. Low 31F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 70%. Snowfall around one inch."

Normally, they would probably just postpone that one game. But with next weekend's forecast looking better overall, I could see them just pushing it all back one week. And like nasty said, they're the AAA

knownothingboutfallball

Isn't the game at noon. So doubt it gets pushed back.

elmerfudd

I'm now hearing the AAA is going to be very reluctant to postpone any games this weekend, simply because of all the flack they caught for it last weekend. Ice and snow would already have to be on the ground, based on what I've heard. Let's play!!!!

beach bum

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 04, 2018, 04:53:32 pm
Yea cold rain isn't a problem. Saturday night is the only concerning part.

Per Weather Channel: "Rain and snow in the evening transitioning to snow showers late. Low 31F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 70%. Snowfall around one inch."

Normally, they would probably just postpone that one game. But with next weekend's forecast looking better overall, I could see them just pushing it all back one week. And like nasty said, they're the AAA

Oh the cold and rain will be a problem.... Not for Booneville, but for Osceola.

I was going to originally pick Booneville by about 10

Now I will go Booneville by 24 in those elements.

elmerfudd

Quote from: beach bum on December 04, 2018, 10:13:02 pm

Oh the cold and rain will be a problem.... Not for Booneville, but for Osceola.

I was going to originally pick Booneville by about 10

Now I will go Booneville by 24 in those elements.

I like your way of thinking!

501Arkansas

Weather won't hurt nothing Osceola will do. They scored 49 in the rain and cold this season

elmerfudd

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 04, 2018, 10:58:11 pm
Weather won't hurt nothing Osceola will do. They scored 49 in the rain and cold this season

501Arkansas

CapnObvious

🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

elmerfudd

Bold prediction: Osceola players have more visors than they'll have points on Saturday. Fortunately for them, that's still quite a bit.

501Arkansas

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 05, 2018, 08:17:48 pm
Bold prediction: Osceola players have more visors than they'll have points on Saturday. Fortunately for them, that's still quite a bit.
lol

Skip Baymore

December 05, 2018, 11:28:41 pm #119 Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 11:41:50 pm by Skip Baymore
Quote from: Bearcatdad on December 04, 2018, 01:45:15 pm
90% chance of rain and winter mix Saturday.  Just like we like it.  Go Bearcats!!!

A 100% chance would have been preferable though from the sound of it.  Really nasty weather that really has to simplify things.  I actually dont care about the weather because I wont be able to attend this one and both of these teams are going to benefit from bad weather usually, except when playing each other.  I dont see the weather being much of a factor in this game no matter what it is. 

501Arkansas

I'm assuming AAA going to push the finals back a couple days or week? Hope not

Bearcatdad

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 05, 2018, 11:29:13 pm
I'm assuming AAA going to push the finals back a couple days or week? Hope not

They shouldn't.  Most of the teams are from Centeral and South Arkansas.  Osceola isn't even in the watch area and would be home before anything major hit as would Booneville.  Let them play!!!!!

501Arkansas

Quote from: Bearcatdad on December 06, 2018, 08:02:26 am
They shouldn't.  Most of the teams are from Centeral and South Arkansas.  Osceola isn't even in the watch area and would be home before anything major hit as would Booneville.  Let them play!!!!!
Right

elmerfudd

Saturday night's game is the only game in question, but those teams are Robinson and Arkadelphia. Not like they have long drives home.

Football2mom

elmerfudd

Per Kevin Taylor on Twitter:

"According to the AAA, there are NO plans to cancel any of the 3 state football championship games this weekend. As of now, the games are on.

Booneville vs. Osceola, Saturday at 12:05 p.m."

Bearcatdad

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 06, 2018, 11:12:57 am
Per Kevin Taylor on Twitter:

"According to the AAA, there are NO plans to cancel any of the 3 state football championship games this weekend. As of now, the games are on.

Booneville vs. Osceola, Saturday at 12:05 p.m."

+100

OLDSCHOOL82

Is everyone out buying up bread and milk or what?

501Arkansas

Bearcatdad

Nice cold rain coming down here in the river valley.  The Bearcats were having a great practice going on in it.  Go Cats!!!

elmerfudd

It was said on here earlier, "Defense wins championships".

Booneville's defensive stats for the year, according to none other than Glenn Parrish himself.....

5 TD's (should be one more at Lamar.....thanks Cousin Whitehat)
3 safeties
21 sacks
29 interceptions
12 fumble recoveries (again, Lamar)
34 pass breakups
471 total return yards off turnovers and kicks

Skip Baymore

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 06, 2018, 08:34:16 pm
It was said on here earlier, "Defense wins championships".

Booneville's defensive stats for the year, according to none other than Glenn Parrish himself.....

5 TD's (should be one more at Lamar.....thanks Cousin Whitehat)
3 safeties
21 sacks
29 interceptions
12 fumble recoveries (again, Lamar)
34 pass breakups
471 total return yards off turnovers and kicks

Booneville no doubt very solid on defense.  Knowing that Boonville is usually kind of built in the trenches, the 29 interceptions stick out the most of all these to me.  Its kind of hard to believe they only had 34 pass breakups based on this.  Both teams will have to earn it this week on both sides.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 06, 2018, 11:06:23 pm

Booneville no doubt very solid on defense.  Knowing that Boonville is usually kind of built in the trenches, the 29 interceptions stick out the most of all these to me.  Its kind of hard to believe they only had 34 pass breakups based on this.  Both teams will have to earn it this week on both sides.
+1

elmerfudd

Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 06, 2018, 11:06:23 pm

I guess there's no need to break up a pass if you can intercept it haha.

AirWarren

Pretty much the same bracket layout as 2013 for the playoffs.

Pretty much the same weather pattern as 2013....except about 25 degrees cooler.

Booneville get's another trophy.

Good luck Bearcats.

Signed,
                                                                                                                                                                        Your Bradley County Friends.

1wildcat

This is tough one to pick. But I'm afraid Booneville is gonna run into the same problem Rison had with Osceola, overall team speed and outstanding defense. I expect this will be a great game and final score will be close, but I'm gonna say Osceola by 6.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 1wildcat on December 07, 2018, 10:04:15 am
This is tough one to pick. But I'm afraid Booneville is gonna run into the same problem Rison had with Osceola, overall team speed and outstanding defense. I expect this will be a great game and final score will be close, but I'm gonna say Osceola by 6.

LOL...just some poor ole slow hillbillies.  No way we can keep up with the daunting speed of Osceola!!  For goodness sakes use anything but the freaking speed comment!!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 07, 2018, 10:15:30 am
LOL...just some poor ole slow hillbillies.  No way we can keep up with the daunting speed of Osceola!!  For goodness sakes use anything but the freaking speed comment!!
Whoever wants it the most?

Jimbo Morphis

I was leaning a little towards Osceola before this weather hit. Now I'm leaning towards Booneville a little. Coin flip

1wildcat

You know I thought Rison would match up well when it came to speed, and we probably did have the fastest player on the field, but overall Osceola had us by a pretty good margin. Not meant to be a knock on Booneville but overall Osceola just has an amazing amount of speed all over the field.

elmerfudd

From what I saw, the main thing that got Rison beat was their own outdated offense and poor secondary play. Chavis should've been playing safety. I'm sure someone is thinking Booneville's offense is just as outdated, but it's still more evolved than Rison's was.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: 1wildcat on December 07, 2018, 10:26:21 am
You know I thought Rison would match up well when it came to speed, and we probably did have the fastest player on the field, but overall Osceola had us by a pretty good margin. Not meant to be a knock on Booneville but overall Osceola just has an amazing amount of speed all over the field.

Speed won't help when you lying on you back looking up at sky.  Booneville wins this by 10.  Booneville will be the most physical team Osceola has see all year.

1wildcat

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 07, 2018, 10:32:58 am
From what I saw, the main thing that got Rison beat was their own outdated offense and poor secondary play. Chavis should've been playing safety. I'm sure someone is thinking Booneville's offense is just as outdated, but it's still more evolved than Rison's was.
That outdated offense was stopped one time this year and got us to within 9 points of playing for the state championship our first year back in 3A. Poor secondary play I agree with.

As far as where Chavis should have been playing, Totty is too good a coach for me to be second guessing.

nastynice

December 07, 2018, 10:44:19 am #143 Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 10:56:46 am by nastynice
Quote from: AirWarren on December 07, 2018, 09:25:32 am
Pretty much the same bracket layout as 2013 for the playoffs.

Pretty much the same weather pattern as 2013....except about 25 degrees cooler.

Booneville get's another trophy.

Good luck Bearcats.

Signed,
                                                                                                                                                                        Your Bradley County Friends.

Thanks AW!

I'll say the same thing I've said earlier this year.  If we come out and play stereotypical Bearcat football, don't turn the ball over and wrap up, we'll win by 13-14 pts.  We can't have blown coverages like we did against Prescott.  If we come out flat and puss around, we'll have our hands full.  Again, speed rarely ever beats Booneville teams and this won't be the exception!   Weather, reguardless of what Osceola fans think, will benefit Booneville.   Safe travels to everyone.

Booneville  35
Osceola      21 F

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S

Glen Edgar Alan Holt Jr

AirWarren

Speed means nothing when you're facing Booneville.

1wildcat

Quote from: Bearcatdad on December 07, 2018, 10:43:14 am
Speed won't help when you lying on you back looking up at sky.  Booneville wins this by 10.  Booneville will be the most physical team Osceola has see all year.
You may very well be right, as I said this is a tough one to pick. Good luck!

elmerfudd

Quote from: 1wildcat on December 07, 2018, 10:43:42 am
  That outdated offense was stopped one time this year and got us to within 9 points of playing for the state championship our first year back in 3A. Poor secondary play I agree with.

As far as where Chavis should have been playing, Totty is too good a coach for me to be second guessing.

I didn't say it's not a good offense. It clearly is, especially with backs like that. But it wasn't good enough to beat Osceola.

Bearcatdad

+1

1wildcat

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 07, 2018, 10:56:30 am
I didn't say it's not a good offense. It clearly is, especially with backs like that. But it wasn't good enough to beat Osceola.
I don't know about that, when you score 28 it's hard to blame the offense for a loss. I'm gonna blame this loss on Osceola.

Sometimes it has nothing to do with your performance or game plan you just run into a better team.

elmerfudd

Quote from: 1wildcat on December 07, 2018, 11:04:35 am
I don't know about that, when you score 28 it's hard to blame the offense for a loss. I'm gonna blame this loss on Osceola.

Sometimes it has nothing to do with your performance or game plan you just run into a better team.

All I'm saying is Osceola won't get away with stacking the box like they did against Rison. Y'all burned them good with that first TD pass, but didn't do much else to keep them honest. Osceola didn't need speed because they had 10 guys in the box.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas