• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor officiating again...

Started by 22, December 09, 2017, 06:06:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

First of all, I am a fan of neither team. I just wanted to see some good football. And that I did!
But that had to be one of the most poorly officiated games I've ever witnessed. Holding egregiously on MANY plays. (Offensive tackling)
Blocking in the back on 75% of the kicking plays I bet.
Bad spots over and over.
Silly sideline penalties.
HC's calling timeouts and ignored.
The guy moving the down marker moved EVERY TIME before the side judge told him to.

All ot that could be ignored or excused. (I didn't see it so I can't call it)
But that mess at the end was heinous. They took it out of the players hands and that is inexcusable.  That crew chief should NEVER work again and the two side judges should be reprimanded/suspended for a bit. Other than that, it was a great game and the players played their tails off!

Congrats to both teams on a heckuva season!

Nacho

How are you a fan of neither team and this is your assessment. Get real champ.

Quote from: Nacho on December 09, 2017, 06:12:30 pm
How are you a fan of neither team and this is your assessment. Get real champ.

Because I live nowhere near either town but have friends and associates in both. Just voicing my opinion. That is kind what this site is about, is it not?

The poor calls were on both side of the ball Mr Bell Grande. But the Badgers were definitely on the plus side of the biggest and worst call I've ever witnessed in my life. The refs INVENTED a rule.

Nacho

Of course they were...we won every flag says the team who got called back on a 50 yard pass. Ugh. Get real. You wanna call it poor officiating i call it This Year. That student from warren on their sideline who chose to run on the field when warren had no timeouts and their genius coach didn't know what else to do...was a tough one.maybe You're right they made it up bc it shouldn't have happened...ask Bo not to do that to the fans of Warren again.

You get mad i disagree so who's really the intolerant one? Dang libs ruin everything.

snoopy22

All that did was save Arkadelphia from being robbed after the poor refs gave ball back to Warren on an obvious fumble two plays earlier.  How did one of those refs try to invent that Burks was down on that?  Anyway, the weirdness actually helped the game turn out the way it would've if they had made the fumble call correctly.  I agree the refs are awful, should've penalized Hembree way earlier for being on the field.  Sign of a poor crew when they let a coach stay on the field all night.  Disagree that it favored Arkadelphia, bad both ways.  Also I am not a fan of either and have friends at both places.  I hate Warren has to endure this though after the 2006 robbery (For sure two point good)but I think this one worked out correctly.  JMO

snoopy22

BTW....Burks performance was the best I've seen since Basil Shabazz against Texarkana in 1990.  He is the best player in Arkansas regardless of classification.  Unreal!!

Quote from: snoopy22 on December 09, 2017, 06:38:36 pm
All that did was save Arkadelphia from being robbed after the poor refs gave ball back to Warren on an obvious fumble two plays earlier.  How did one of those refs try to invent that Burks was down on that?  Anyway, the weirdness actually helped the game turn out the way it would've if they had made the fumble call correctly.  I agree the refs are awful, should've penalized Hembree way earlier for being on the field.  Sign of a poor crew when they let a coach stay on the field all night.  Disagree that it favored Arkadelphia, bad both ways.  Also I am not a fan of either and have friends at both places.  I hate Warren has to endure this though after the 2006 robbery (For sure two point good)but I think this one worked out correctly.  JMO

Great point on the fumble/non-fumble call. I didn't see the ball out due to my angle but a buddy of mine told me he thought it was a fumble as well. He was right on that line of the play.

I don't think for one second that Arkadelphia didn't deserve to win. They did rise up on defense that last play when Warren still had a chance to win.

Quote from: Nacho on December 09, 2017, 06:35:25 pm
Of course they were...we won every flag says the team who got called back on a 50 yard pass. Ugh. Get real. You wanna call it poor officiating i call it This Year. That student from warren on their sideline who chose to run on the field when warren had no timeouts and their genius coach didn't know what else to do...was a tough one.maybe You're right they made it up bc it shouldn't have happened...ask Bo not to do that to the fans of Warren again.

You get mad i disagree so who's really the intolerant one? Dang libs ruin everything.

Not the least bit mad nor am I a "lib". Furthermore, who is talking about tolerance?

So you think Hembree had a plan for a kid to run on the field so he could get an extra TO? That tells me all I need to know.
I never argue with idiots... they'll just drag me down to their level and beat me with experience.

Bed time little guy! Don't forget to brush your teeth.

Nacho

sevenof400

This thread needs a time out - if y'all can discuss the game (without the personal mess) that would be fine. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas