• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt Ida @ Gurdon

Started by godgiven999, October 19, 2018, 09:24:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

godgiven999

The 7 has picked up steam with Foreman going down in muleshoe.
Ida vs Gurdon is now possibly for #1 seed, first round bye, and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
Gurdon still travels to Foreman as well, should be interesting!

Bearden_Bear72

The next two weeks involving Gurdon mean a lot for conference and state.  Teams might have a little extra motivation.  It's really hard for me to pick a winner in this one.  I'm going with Mt.Ida by 6

Redzone

Gonna be a crazy next couple of weeks. Gotta go with MI by 10 in this one

IdaLions

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 19, 2018, 09:24:18 pm
The 7 has picked up steam with Foreman going down in muleshoe.
Ida vs Gurdon is now possibly for #1 seed, first round bye, and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
Gurdon still travels to Foreman as well, should be interesting!

Gonna be a great game next friday, i'll go with Ida by 10+

72aDaddy

The, uh, 1st place Go Devils plays host to the MI Lions down in the Devil's Den next Friday. I think Gurdon takes it going off the little tape I have seen on MI. They are good and play sound. But, Gurdon is bigger, much faster, and plays with more depth. Should be a good one either way.

G-HIGH

Will be an awesome one to see for sure. Gurdon fans seem to be louder than ever. I think this one comes down to whose defense can hold out the whole game. Devils by a TD. Be Great!

Redzone

If Gurdon can stop Lagrange on the dive they will win. If not, they will eat the clock up and score on every possession.

IdaLions

Who does Gurdon have this year? Major key players?

72aDaddy

Quote from: IdaLions on October 20, 2018, 12:38:43 pm
Who does Gurdon have this year? Major key players?
not really. They have a trio of backs that get their number called. Only a couple players play both ways. Fairly big up front and good team speed as usual.

godgiven999

Several guys at RB, Threadgill has been most productive.
Gurdon's not a 1 horse team.

IdaLions

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 20, 2018, 01:25:15 pm
not really. They have a trio of backs that get their number called. Only a couple players play both ways. Fairly big up front and good team speed as usual.

I wish Ida had enough players so only a couple could play both ways. That iron man football can be exhausting, especially for Ida this year. Not only do they have to play offense and defense, but now almost all of the starters have to play all of special teams.

Redzone

How many does Gurdon have on their roster?

WorkOrder

G-HIGH

OLionSwag74

Mount Ida will be ready. Lions by 10

COACH-Mike

ida by 30.  I have seen both.  #2 will not be the guy against ida's defense.  Gurdon will have 2 conference losses.  They just aren't there yet.

72aDaddy

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 22, 2018, 10:07:29 am
ida by 30.  I have seen both.  #2 will not be the guy against ida's defense.  Gurdon will have 2 conference losses.  They just aren't there yet.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 22, 2018, 10:17:59 am
Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
I've seen ida and Foreman.  You have talent but both systems will break you down.  In two weeks we can revisit this post.

IdaLions

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 22, 2018, 10:25:19 am
I've seen ida and Foreman.  You have talent but both systems will break you down.  In two weeks we can revisit this post.

Thank you for the confidence lol, but let's not write Gurdon out one bit. They're always a tough game and clearly anything can happen.

KOJACK

COACH-Mike

Quote from: KOJACK on October 22, 2018, 11:56:20 am
Gurdon by 6

Got to score to get six.  Up hill battle right there.

godgiven999

The reason Batey scored 3 TDs on the edge of Mt Ida defense was speed. Gurdon dosent have Batey speed but they have plenty of speed from multiple guys to get to the edge, also Gurdon is great at taking away what a team does well. The FB dive and QB dive trail for for Ida wont be there. Ida will have to figure out other ways to score
Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 22, 2018, 12:18:15 pm
Got to score to get six.  Up hill battle right there.

72aDaddy

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 22, 2018, 02:37:22 pm
The reason Batey scored 3 TDs on the edge of Mt Ida defense was speed. Gurdon dosent have Batey speed but they have plenty of speed from multiple guys to get to the edge, also Gurdon is great at taking away what a team does well. The FB dive and QB dive trail for for Ida wont be there. Ida will have to figure out other ways to score
Jackson is meticulous on the defensive side of the ball. He will sellout on the fb dive and qb dive trail. That is all Ida has and they feast on it vs lesser opposition. Gurdon will take that away and I don't think Ida has anything else, I really don't. They are not running east and west on Gurdon either. I think it will be close only because the styles of each offense will not allow it to be a blowout. The team with the fewest mistakes wins.

With all that said Gurdon by 20.

godgiven999

They have the speed sweep around the edge. They scored agianst Foreman on this play in the first drive of the game. If Gurdon is out of position then it may work a few times but that's all they have shown offensively.
Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 22, 2018, 02:59:12 pm
Jackson is meticulous on the defensive side of the ball. He will sellout on the fb dive and qb dive trail. That is all Ida has and they feast on it vs lesser opposition. Gurdon will take that away and I don't think Ida has anything else, I really don't. They are not running east and west on Gurdon either. I think it will be close only because the styles of each offense will not allow it to be a blowout. The team with the fewest mistakes wins.

Redzone

Ida will overload one side of the ball and run a speed sweep. That was their most effective play against us.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 22, 2018, 02:37:22 pm
You cant stop it.

godgiven999

And with Gurdon speed "you cant touch this" lol
Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 22, 2018, 04:02:05 pm
You cant stop it.

OLionSwag74

Don't trash talk Ida. Ask Mineral what happened.

cuz

Quote from: G-HIGH on October 21, 2018, 01:40:02 pm
40 I believe
Maybe 40 counting freshman. I think around 26. If My Ida is healthy the will win this game and maybe the whole conference with Foreman being unhealthy.....

godgiven999

Its 36 with out freshmen. They haven't moved up yet, but soon.
Quote from: cuz on October 22, 2018, 07:04:22 pm
Maybe 40 counting freshman. I think around 26. If My Ida is healthy the will win this game and maybe the whole conference with Foreman being unhealthy.....

cuz

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 22, 2018, 07:31:28 pm
Its 36 with out freshmen. They haven't moved up yet, but soon.
Then Gurdon shouldn't have a depth problem....😉

IdaLions

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 22, 2018, 02:59:12 pm

You make it sound so easy to stop the dive lol Luckily we wont need anything else's to beat Gurdon. Heck even when Ida runs all there plays to perfection, they still don't have many plays to choose from. But they usually don't need many plays to get the job done.

baseball13

Mt. Ida wins big in this one and gets a share of the conference title.

72aDaddy

Quote from: IdaLions on October 22, 2018, 09:36:15 pm
You make it sound so easy to stop the dive lol Luckily we wont need anything else's to beat Gurdon. Heck even when Ida runs all there plays to perfection, they still don't have many plays to choose from. But they usually don't need many plays to get the job done.
We. Will. See.

Lionsquatch

Y'all know it's coming, so stop it.  You can ask anyone, even if you know it's coming and know what to do it still will be hard to stop.  I think someone is taking the veer a little too lightly.

72aDaddy

Quote from: Lionsquatch on October 23, 2018, 08:48:54 am
Y'all know it's coming, so stop it.  You can ask anyone, even if you know it's coming and know what to do it still will be hard to stop.  I think someone is taking the veer a little too lightly.
No one is taking it lightly. Again, we'll see what unfolds.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 23, 2018, 09:28:40 am
No one is taking it lightly. Again, we'll see what unfolds.
36-0 ida .   Gurdon falls apart.  This is what I predict.

godgiven999

Now people are just trolling  ;D

IdaLions

Honest score prediction

28-14 Mount Ida

It could be closer, but I don't see Gurdon stopping the dive, I don't see Gurdon being able to score quickly on Mount Ida. Foreman could because they have one thing that destroys Mount Ida(and most other teams), Foreman has a stud who rarely gets brought down by one guy. I honestly don't know what Gurdons offensive line looks like this year, but I don't see them pushing our lineman around. But the games aren't played for a reason. Should be a great game!

N2DEEP

Very different teams for sure.

To stop Mt Ida, you have to be solid on the defensive line and key on the QB. Ida's QB is their playmaker. Versus MC he hurt us more than LaGrange or Dyer did.

It will help Gurdon if they can run sweeps, that way make them run side to side and where them out. Foreman did well versus Mt Ida because they have a solid def line and good offensive speed.

godgiven999

Speed is what hurt Ida, Batey went untouched around the edge for his scores. Gurdon might not have 4.4 Batey speed, but they have several 4.6 guys that can get to the edge.
Quote from: IdaLions on October 23, 2018, 03:17:30 pm
Honest score prediction

28-14 Mount Ida

It could be closer, but I don't see Gurdon stopping the dive, I don't see Gurdon being able to score quickly on Mount Ida. Foreman could because they have one thing that destroys Mount Ida(and most other teams), Foreman has a stud who rarely gets brought down by one guy. I honestly don't know what Gurdons offensive line looks like this year, but I don't see them pushing our lineman around. But the games aren't played for a reason. Should be a great game!

OLionSwag74

Big Difference between a 4.4 and a 4.7 bud.

72aDaddy

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on October 24, 2018, 08:07:39 am
Definitely is. But I'm not convinced Ida has even that type speed on their team regardless of what hand timed comment you decide to regurgitate.

godgiven999

4.7 gets it done agianst Ida ole sport.
Quote from: OLionSwag74 on October 24, 2018, 08:07:39 am

OLionSwag74

Ida's QB runs a 4.68 and Dyer runs a 4.5 so...

OLionSwag74

Even with that being said they're gonna hit you in the mouth and make you like it. That's just Mount Ida football

godgiven999

So does majority of Gurdons Skill position players, secondary and LBs.

godgiven999

Gurdon and Ida are 3-3 against each other. Ida has run the same offense all 6 games. We will see what happens ole sport.
Quote from: OLionSwag74 on October 24, 2018, 08:23:14 am
Even with that being said they're gonna hit you in the mouth and make you like it. That's just Mount Ida football

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on October 24, 2018, 08:21:07 am
Ida's QB runs a 4.68 and Dyer runs a 4.5 so...

Is that downhill?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas