• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Legendary coach Jimmy Red Parker passes away

Started by Wheels, January 04, 2016, 09:07:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

that man saw a lot in 82 years. prayers for his family and friends.

AirWarren

Busman

Favorite story is when he was at OBU. Got mad St HSU fans so would do pre game warm ups on OBU field, then bus over about five minutes before kickoff.

Black and Gold

Longfellow

One thing I'll never forget. We played Harmony Grove on my senior night and Coach Parker sat on the bench calling plays without ever seeing the field. He had an assistant telling him what front we were in.

Rida4Life

Sad day for Arkansas football.  He will be missed.  Prayers for peace for his family.

WPWells

Dr. Defense

Per Jeremy Muck Coach's service will be at 1pm Friday at Geyer Springs Baptist Church in Little Rock

Wheels

Visitation will be held in Parker's honor on Thursday, Jan. 7 from 6-8 p.m. at the Roller-Ballard Funeral Home in Benton.
Funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. on Friday at the Geyer Springs First Baptist Church in Little Rock, and the interment will follow at the Pinecrest cemetery

Carljung

A legend without a doubt. I remember back in 2011 they came up to Little Rock and played ECS. I had a buddy on the coaching staff and was in the locker room at halftime. They way he communicated with the kids is something I'll never forget. He was like a soothing yet firm grandfather... And BHG went on and won the game.

Lions84

He was a LEGEND now him and John Outlaw and chew the fat by the Eastern Gate.

Dr. Defense

I was lucky enough to remain in contact with Coach Parker until he passed.....he was a major influence on my life. I last visited with him on December 23rd. He was a great man and a great coach. I will miss being able to talk to him and get advice from him as well. Rest in Peace coach....I'll catch ya on the flipside

Head Lion

Quote from: Longfellow on January 04, 2016, 12:07:35 pm
One thing I'll never forget. We played Harmony Grove on my senior night and Coach Parker sat on the bench calling plays without ever seeing the field. He had an assistant telling him what front we were in.
+1, awesome!

Wheels

January 05, 2016, 03:15:11 pm #14 Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 03:22:23 pm by Wheels
http://www.rollerfuneralhomes.com/services.asp?page=odetail&id=40253&locid=

A celebration of Coach Parker's life will be held at 1:00 p.m., Friday, January 8, 2016 at Geyer Springs First Baptist Church, 12400 Interstate 30, Little Rock, Arkansas 72210. Interment will follow at Pinecrest Memorial Park in Alexander, Arkansas with his grandchildren serving as pallbearers. Coach Parker requested honorary pallbearers to be any former and current coaches and players in attendance.

Visitation will be from 6:00-8:00 p.m., Thursday, January 7, 2016 at Roller-Ballard Funeral Home, 306 South Main Street, Benton, Arkansas, 72015 (501-315-4047).

In lieu of flowers, the Parker family requests that donations be made to one of the following: Baptist Health Heart Transplant and VAD Institute, 9500 Kanis Rd. Suite 410, Little Rock, AR 72205, Fordyce Redbug Alumni Foundation, P.O. Box 57, Fordyce, AR 71742, or the Harmony Grove Football Program - Red Parker Memorial, 2621 Hwy. 229, Benton, AR 72015.

Lions84

Quote from: Wheels on January 05, 2016, 03:15:11 pm
http://www.rollerfuneralhomes.com/services.asp?page=odetail&id=40253&locid=

A celebration of Coach Parker's life will be held at 1:00 p.m., Friday, January 8, 2016 at Geyer Springs First Baptist Church, 12400 Interstate 30, Little Rock, Arkansas 72210. Interment will follow at Pinecrest Memorial Park in Alexander, Arkansas with his grandchildren serving as pallbearers. Coach Parker requested honorary pallbearers to be any former and current coaches and players in attendance.

Visitation will be from 6:00-8:00 p.m., Thursday, January 7, 2016 at Roller-Ballard Funeral Home, 306 South Main Street, Benton, Arkansas, 72015 (501-315-4047).

In lieu of flowers, the Parker family requests that donations be made to one of the following: Baptist Health Heart Transplant and VAD Institute, 9500 Kanis Rd. Suite 410, Little Rock, AR 72205, Fordyce Redbug Alumni Foundation, P.O. Box 57, Fordyce, AR 71742, or the Harmony Grove Football Program - Red Parker Memorial, 2621 Hwy. 229, Benton, AR 72015.

I hope all who can and played for him etc can get there and send him off in style.

sprout

Lions84

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas