• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wreck in Fouke on I-49

Started by beach bum, December 22, 2015, 09:46:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

December 22, 2015, 09:46:50 pm Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:59:25 pm by beach bum
I noticed this on my facebook feed and imagine some of the people involved had to be locals even though this is traveling season. I don't know if there are any Fouke posters but I am only hoping for the best for your community in the coming time. This sounded awful and some families have lost loved ones for good. I imagine some were seriously injured and have a tough battle ahead of them as well :(

Texarkana_Piggie

New's just said 3 died and 7 were in hospital. It was a 10 car pile up on one side and a 3 tractor-trailer wreck on the other side. Police said it appeared to be caused by fog. One of the men killed was a truck driver who stopped to help and was hit by a car. Sad all around. It's been a crazy day around here. Also had a car jacking with a 5 yr old in the back seat. They put her out of the car 3 blocks away and someone found her wandering the street and took her to hospital. She is fine and home. Another driver had a seizure while driving and drove into a restaurant on Arkansas Blvd. driver luckily only had minor injuries and no one in restaurant was hurt.

Black and Gold

Gee whiz both of those are insane...

beach bum

Just saw where two of those that perished were locals... how sad for Fouke. And then now I am hearing another 3A community was hit with tragedy during the storms last night in Atkins when a tree struck and killed an 18 year old girl. Life is a delicate thing. Cherish it people.

BassMaster33

Yes, 2 were locals that didn't survive. The 3rd, was a man that had gotten out of his truck to help. One lady said on the news, "he saved me and my 2 kids by waiving a flashlight" getting her to stop in time. But he was then hit by a lady here from Fouke. I work with her Nephew and he sais she isn't doing very good. Physically she's fine, but the mental aspect she's having problems with.  Thanks for any and all prayers.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas