• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jessieville

Started by Beaver Fever, December 03, 2015, 06:07:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaver Fever

Fox32

Tru Dat. Finally hanging it up.

Beaver Fever

I thought he lived at that school, never been to a function and not seen him there.  He will be sorely missed I bet!

Pat Swilling

Can you win in Jessieville?

Pat Swilling

beaverfan007

That coach I forget his name is a legend football at jessieville will never be the same

The Coach

Quote from: beaverfan007 on December 06, 2015, 06:53:08 pm
That coach I forget his name is a legend football at jessieville will never be the same

Don Phillips

Carljung

Quote from: beaverfan007 on December 06, 2015, 06:53:08 pm
It hasn't been the same Since I believe it was 2011 honestly. I remember watching them back in 06 when they won it. When he had players it was a thing of beauty...

AlumniLights

What a shame. Phillips is a legend. And yes, the 06 team was something special. Burk, Fort and company ran over everyone...period! All good things come to an end. Phillips is a class act and a great mentor to any athlete that gets the pleasure of meeting him.

beach bum

Quote from: Pat Swilling on December 04, 2015, 08:08:45 am
Can you win in Jessieville?

Will they ever play in 2A? How solidly are they going to be 3A for the future? In 2A they could.

Str8thug

Any names mentioned for this job yet?

Carljung

I heard the guy at HHG was thinking about it after he got passed over for Calley.

Str8thug

Which guy?  Coach Moore or the one who used to be at ft lake?

SingleWing

I'll ask the questions again......how is the jhigh? Are they staying in 3A or will they move back to 2A eventually?

Pat Swilling

How many kids are the Lion s playing with now? participation.  any athletes? 

Beaver Fever

When we played them the jr looked low in numbers and talent.  15-17 probably

Pat Swilling

Quote from: Beaver Fever on December 09, 2015, 10:19:28 am
When we played them the jr looked low in numbers and talent.  15-17 probably

is that 8th/9th combined?

ReddieKnightTrojan

Jessieville is a great school, and Phillips is a great coach and man!

Pat Swilling

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 09, 2015, 10:22:56 am
Jessieville is a great school, and Phillips is a great coach and man!

Don't know anything about school.  Phillips is a great man though.

beaverfan007

I wonder if he would coach again if not a head coach maybe an assistant somewhere

Carljung

Quote from: beaverfan007 on December 09, 2015, 07:38:44 pm
I wonder if he would coach again if not a head coach maybe an assistant somewhere
I can't imagine a guy stepping down as the head man and then become an assistant for someone else. He's got what all coaches are looking for...a ring. He can ease off in to the sunset with a smile on his face.

dragontrackcoach

I will say this I know Coach Phillips personally and the number one thing on his agenda is making a positive impact on students lives, I do not think there are many coaches who have done or will ever do a better job than turning boys in to men. This is from a player he coached against and became good friends with after school.

beaverfan007

Jessieville is losing a great coach

Iknewthemwhen

Be interesting to see what direction they go in now? 

Pat Swilling

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on December 13, 2015, 07:10:09 pm
Be interesting to see what direction they go in now?
Any ex Jessieville Coaches out there? 

Rida4Life

This job ought to draw a lot of interest from AA and AAA coaches .... seems like a good place to live and work.

beaverfan007

They will get a guy with a spread offense and let him tweak his offense to his players strengths

Carljung

Quote from: beaverfan007 on December 14, 2015, 07:08:07 pm
They will get a guy with a spread offense and let him tweak his offense to his players strengths
And it will look like Bismarck a few years back=not good.

Beaver Fever

They have a QB coming up that could run it.
They are normally very tough in jr high but don't progress much after that.  This senior class was really good in JR high maybe a 1 loss team.  They didn't make the playoffs this year as seniors.

Iknewthemwhen

The question would be why?  Why they did not progress from junior high.

Fox32

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on December 15, 2015, 04:55:19 pm
The question would be why?  Why they did not progress from junior high.
That's a dang fine question. I know folks there haven't been happy with the product on the field for several years.  And I can't blame them. It will be interesting to see who they hire

Carljung

I really don't see anyone returning them to their glory days. Numbers are down and basketball is king in J'ville.

Pat Swilling

is the fb coach also AD in Jville?

Beaver Fever

Basketball coach is, he will keep the football program right where it is.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Beaver Fever on December 16, 2015, 12:13:37 pm

Been there, done that. Caddo Hills football could have competed in the 2A if given an honest chance.

incogneto

December 17, 2015, 02:53:06 pm #35 Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 02:57:57 pm by incogneto
That explains a lot.  Good in junior high and bad in high school means no strength and conditioning program gains.  I bet they have a lot of injuries in both sports.

Fox32

December 17, 2015, 06:32:08 pm #36 Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:33:42 pm by Fox32

Fox32

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 17, 2015, 02:45:01 pm

Been there, done that. Caddo Hills football could have competed in the 2A if given an honest chance.
LOL. Caddo Hills football? That's the best one I've heard in a while. Tell us another one

HorseFeathers

Yeah that 50 game losing streak over 3 different deaths of the program showed real potential

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: HF on December 17, 2015, 07:59:29 pm

Yeah that 50 game losing streak over 3 different deaths of the program showed real potential

I think it was only 46...they only played 8 games a couple of years.

And to think, it all started when Dierks broke their 50 game losing streak on Caddo

ReddieKnightTrojan

For your information, our basketball team beat Mount Ida 92-26 after they beat our football team 46-0

The basketball boys...who weren't allowed to play football said after that football game, "Don't worry boys, we'll beat'em in basketball for ya."

OK it's like your big sister beating up the bully that's picking on you.

Beaver Fever

Have they hired anyone one yet?

bobcats

December 31, 2015, 11:54:52 pm #42 Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 02:47:19 pm by bobcats
Quote from: AlumniLights on December 06, 2015, 10:21:53 pm
What a shame. Phillips is a legend. And yes, the 06 team was something special. Burk, Fort and company ran over everyone...period! All good things come to an end. Phillips is a class act and a great mentor to any athlete that gets the pleasure of meeting him.

T J Burk is an assistant at HS Lakeside.  He would be the ideal choice to come back and bring some renewed energy into the program.

AlumniLights

Saw that he was there. Bringing back an alumn has advantages to uplifting a program. I would like to J-Ville get back to playing good football.

Dr. Defense

Any updates on this one?

Pat Swilling

What will it take to get JVille back to glory days?

Lineman

Quote from: Pat Swilling on January 08, 2016, 09:49:02 am
Duh!!  Winning.

Dr. Defense

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Lineman on January 08, 2016, 11:10:30 am
Duh!!  Winning.

They just need to start scoring more points than their opponents and have more at the end of the game.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on January 08, 2016, 01:53:04 pm
Quote from: Lineman on January 08, 2016, 11:10:30 am
Duh!!  Winning.

They just need to start scoring more points than their opponents and have more at the end of the game.
It's quite simple really

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas