• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Elkins/Cedarville

Started by adaptedtigerfan, October 21, 2015, 03:00:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Legend

Who remembers the 2003? ARK/FLA game where Leak threw a pick in the 4th qt and Arkanasa came back from 16 down to almost win the game. People were throwing things from the upper deck on the field. Crazy scene Ive ever seen at Razorback Stadium.

Dayton Kitchens

Back in the early 70s,   late 60s at Dierks,   a group of adult fans decided to beat up the referees at the end of a came.    I was only a toddler at that time so I have no memory of it.  The worst injured was a ref who suffered a broken nose.  The long time superintendent at Dierks tried to stop it and ended up in the hospital a couple of days.

Of course back then,  no video.    Even the game film was on big reel to reel spools.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 22, 2015, 07:52:55 pm
It's all over facebook. Regardless if we are discussing it here or not. It's out for the public.
And the front page of a regional newspaper.

Legend

Plus a small town like Cedarville you know its all over the Walmart Neighborhood Market and Ponchos.

Juicy

Say it ain't so Mr. President we know there were WMD in Elkins........

bleudog

AmSycho

Wow. Interesting article.

football mom

I was at this game.  What is printed in this article and what the cops said, just simply isn't what happened.  Why the media is choosing to write 6 different stories on this night, amazes me.  It is a shame that this coach has had to go thru this nightmare.  Everything you read in the media isn't always the truth.......

dragondad#1

Football mom, tell us what really happened that night!!!

football mom

During the game, a fight broke out between several players.  The game was already getting out of control by this point.  Game was called.  Cedarville lined up to go thru the shake hands line, Elkins sent their team to the locker room and refused to shake Cedarville's hands.  Shaw came out to meet Cedarville team and coaches.  Elkins resource officer came out to the field, put his hands on Cedarville's coach TWICE and both times Cedarville's coach attempted to walk away, all the while ushering the Cedarville team to the locker room.  There was absolutely no riot that went on.  This was a gross, twisted web of lies that the Elkins Police department and school system has created and the coach from Cedarville is the one who is taking the heat.  Coach Lea did wonders for my child and I hate that this has happened to him.

whippersnapper

There is video evidence of cedarville players and coaches surrounding the police officers. No matter who is at fault in this situation anytime police get involved it is best to back away.
http://youtu.be/uOLEqLVZWwE

football mom

That video clearly shows the officer putting his hands on the Cedarville coach TWICE and Coach Lea walking away both times, trying to get his team to the locker room.  The officer doesn't stop, and that is when the team surrounds their coach. 

ballaj21

Quote from: Legend on October 23, 2015, 01:23:46 pm
Who remembers the 2003? ARK/FLA game where Leak threw a pick in the 4th qt and Arkanasa came back from 16 down to almost win the game. People were throwing things from the upper deck on the field. Crazy scene Ive ever seen at Razorback Stadium.

Yes this was insane. Tony Bua got called for the spear.

DeeGee

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 22, 2015, 09:00:05 pm
Cause I started it, that's why

Always up in the mix of things lol! We love ya though adapted

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas