• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Westside at Lamar

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, September 09, 2018, 07:27:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

September 09, 2018, 07:27:57 am Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 02:12:46 pm by MICHAELSPAPPY
Since Westside is the #42-ranked 2A team in the state, this ought to be a win for the Warriors. But I hope we don't waste the game. It was frustrating that the second team was unable to do anything at all against Suby, so let's get them some time on the field, and then get something done when they get there.

TheTruth2010

Warriors by as many as they want.

TheTruth2010

And is this game not at Lamar? Does Lamar really open with 3 road games in a row?

MICHAELSPAPPY

You are correct. Typo. Sorry.

Clara Allen

The game is at home.
FYI- cheer mini camp
Parking will be crazy

xadboy

Quote from: Clara Allen on September 09, 2018, 05:15:42 pm
The game is at home.
FYI- cheer mini camp
Parking will be crazy
Don't worry, parking will be under control. Don't allow no crazies! Except for fan crazy!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Given that we finish with Charleston and Booneville at home, we had better have parking under control.

MICHAELSPAPPY

I figure the starters will be in for the first half, maybe, unless things get totally out of hand.

MICHAELSPAPPY

The Warriors have some impressive-looking physical specimens this year. Their big tight end and that #28 are full grown lads. Glad I am not feeding them. I hope they are as mean as they are big.

DnA Prostaff

Cedarville beat Westside 50-0...... Should be a great stat night for some 2nd string offense and to help develop some depth.   Go Warriors!

MICHAELSPAPPY

DnA Prostaff

I think it will come down to how much Coach Jones wants to score....

macadoshis

I would love to watch some Warrior football.  But do I want to watch the starters play for a quarter in a noncompetitive ballgame or make the trip to alumni field and watch close one.

DnA Prostaff

I would wait a couple of weeks and watch Lamar vs Booneville or Charleston.  I do hope that the warriors are mentally ready to play and don't come out cold.  Might be a long first quarter if they do....

InYoGrill

Good job Coach Jones on a great start so far this year! Grill will be watching you closely.  ;D

MICHAELSPAPPY

I know it was ugly, but someone please give me a rundown on the game. I was out of town and haven't heard anything yet except the final score. Any new wrinkles, any players look particularly good?

beach bum

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on September 13, 2018, 11:07:05 am
I think it will come down to how much Coach Jones wants to score....

I notice he tends to be a guy that absolutely never runs up the score when Lamar is playing a far inferior opponent.... Have to give him major respect on that.

HorseFeathers

He was on the wrong end of a few games like this at Magazine...sure he knows it accomplishes nothing for either side to hang 70 on someone

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 15, 2018, 12:22:04 pm
He was on the wrong end of a few games like this at Magazine...sure he knows it accomplishes nothing for either side to hang 70 on someone

I do definitely think it always helps that when a coach starts to have success if they came from a low spot in a program. Definitely helps put it in perspective if you have been in the others' shoes for sure.

macadoshis

I was there for a half and I think this was a total wasted week in the grand scheme of things. Getting rid of Clarksville and adding JC Westside doesn't help anything.  There wasn't any resistance from thr Rebels.  At least Clarksville would have pushed this Warrior team.  I can barely walk and could have rushed for 100 last night.  It was basically a bi week.  Non conference games should push you to be better.  Not just be an easy way to pick up a couple extra wins. Just one guys opinion.  Doesn't mean anything so please don't be hating on me the rest of the season.  Don't want a repeat of the last year.  If like to still feel welcome when I come to a game lol.

MICHAELSPAPPY

For the first team, I agree this game meant nothing. However, it was a good chance for the subs to have some quality minutes. I assume they played at least a half. And with more numbers this year, we need to turn the headcount into real depth.

xadboy

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on September 15, 2018, 01:14:23 pm
For the first team, I agree this game meant nothing. However, it was a good chance for the subs to have some quality minutes. I assume they played at least a half. And with more numbers this year, we need to turn the headcount into real depth.
Actually the subs came in the middle of the second quarter and looked good. Put up 2 scores before the half. Was a good experience for backups to get some game time.

My question is how bad is Two Rivers this year? Westside blew the doors off them.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Ranked last in the state. Barely functional.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas