• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hector @ WYC

Started by Wildcatalumni21, September 16, 2018, 11:41:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcatalumni21

The Wildcats will visit what seems to be an I'm proved team for the Wolverines. Just think too much experience and talent for Hector! Cats by 21!

Wildcatalumni21

I see what couple people taking WYC over Hector in their pick em's, would anyone that has care to elaborate. If WYC beats us I'll never get back on this forum

HorseFeathers

You should make some picks on that thread ... We're all terrible at it this year..

DnA Prostaff

WYC had potential to be pretty good this year!  There was sort of an odd exit by their coach from last year.  I am not sure of the details but I know it involved having to forfeit a game.   I'm sure the first year under a new head coach is always an adjustment, but I don't think they will be the same pushover win as they have been in the past.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on September 17, 2018, 12:38:57 pm
WYC had potential to be pretty good this year!  There was sort of an odd exit by their coach from last year.  I am not sure of the details but I know it involved having to forfeit a game.   I'm sure the first year under a new head coach is always an adjustment, but I don't think they will be the same pushover win as they have been in the past.

Beleive it had something to do with Refs not showing up for the Mountainburg game last year...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 17, 2018, 10:46:07 am
I see what couple people taking WYC over Hector in their pick em's, would anyone that has care to elaborate. If WYC beats us I'll never get back on this forum

If you said this a few years ago, I would agree with you. But this isn't the WYC of the past... I still think Hector wins, but I don't believe WYC rolls over this season.

Prouddragondad

If you ask Mtburg players from last year they will tell you the hardest they got hit all year was by WYC and it was only a scrimmage game. They only had 1 senior on the team and he didn't play very much so they should be better. I believe Hector will win to but I think WYC will not be a pushover.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Prouddragondad on September 17, 2018, 05:20:55 pm
If you ask Mtburg players from last year they will tell you the hardest they got hit all year was by WYC and it was only a scrimmage game. They only had 1 senior on the team and he didn't play very much so they should be better. I believe Hector will win to but I think WYC will not be a pushover.

I agree. WYC will give it their all and let you know they played you. Regardless of a win, I'd like to see WYC give Hector a game, add some competitiveness to our conference.

Wildcatalumni21

Oh I'll agree 100% that WYC won't be a pushover, us much improved, and truly believe it'll be competitive for a half. Just think Hector has too much experience and talent and pulls away in 2nd half. Their new coach will take them places if given the opportunity and time

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 17, 2018, 05:38:07 pm
Oh I'll agree 100% that WYC won't be a pushover, us much improved, and truly believe it'll be competitive for a half. Just think Hector has too much experience and talent and pulls away in 2nd half. Their new coach will take them places if given the opportunity and time

Things looking up for the conference I believe.   Magazine and WYC improving, Hector, Burg, and Hackett are solid.... Would like to see Lavaca make some gains, they seem to be struggling

Hornet4ever

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on September 17, 2018, 05:58:59 pm

Things looking up for the conference I believe.   Magazine and WYC improving, Hector, Burg, and Hackett are solid.... Would like to see Lavaca make some gains, they seem to be struggling

Not sure why Lavaca is struggling. Seem to always have a ton of kids, size, and speed. Must be a coaching ordeal, or a lack of structure.

wiseguy

I would like to see wyc get competitive in the conference, they've paid their dues! I don't like to see any team struggle year end and year out. I'd like to see wyc get some revenge on some of those teams who abused them over the years, just not Hector ;)

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: wiseguy on September 18, 2018, 10:58:02 pm
I would like to see wyc get competitive in the conference, they've paid their dues! I don't like to see any team struggle year end and year out. I'd like to see wyc get some revenge on some of those teams who abused them over the years, just not Hector ;)

That is quite a long list, however, I think a lot of the coaches in this conference are great men.   I guess some teams may have ran it up, but I also think a lot of 2nd string players logged a lot of minutes against them.   So in a nutshell I guess I understand the mentality of "its our time to shine" but revenge isn't necessarily the right term I don't think.  Every program will have ups and downs and some way downs, but I truly believe in the 4-2a that every coach would agree that they would like to see each team have some success.

HorseFeathers

Well Wyc beat rose bud into cancelling the rest of their season last week 😉

athletic supporter

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 17, 2018, 10:46:07 am

Come on WYC!!!  ;D ;)

HorseFeathers

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 19, 2018, 12:16:05 pm
Come on WYC!!!  ;D ;)
Man I've been missing ya! Thought you had forgotten about us 😂😂

athletic supporter

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 20, 2018, 05:19:09 pm
Man I've been missing ya! Thought you had forgotten about us 😂😂

Lol. I keep up with our local teams. I want all of them to do well except a couple. I won't say which two

HorseFeathers

athletic supporter

athletic supporter

Wildcatalumni21

DnA Prostaff

HorseFeathers

Jock strap has some Two River connection if I remember right lol

athletic supporter

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 21, 2018, 10:47:44 am
Jock strap has some Two River connection if I remember right lol

In my past life hossenfefer

Hornet4ever

Keep us folks in Logan County updated tonight...

HorseFeathers

Wildcatalumni21

rattlerfan24

Remind me the final in this one??

athletic supporter

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas