• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Playoff...Rules

Started by HorseFeathers, July 31, 2014, 10:38:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Alright Guys...Rich Sanders always puts out his "Short List" around week 8 or 9....Well I've made some rules myself for 2A playoff predictions...for...

Rule #1 To be the best your going to have to beat the best program in 2A. That's right Junction City has 5 state titles since 2003(the beginning point of my data), of the other 6 to win it all in that time span, 5 of them beat J.C, 3 of the 5 had to do it in the Semi-Finals. Only Magazine avoided them in 2010, when Bearden took the dragons out, and then lost to Danville.

Rule #2 You must have made it to at least the Semi-Finals the year before:::You can't be a so called flash in the pan team. People say Magazine was a one hit wonder, or caught lightning in a bottle one season, but even they fit this Rule......Only exceptions to this rule over 11 years is Jessieville in '06(they lost to Semi-Finalist Junction City in the 2nd Round), and Strong in 2010(lost to Champ Magazine in 1st Round).

Rule #3 Picking a non-Junction City program to repeat is just bad Ju-Ju....of the other 7 teams involved in my data. Only Junction City has repeated as Champs. None of the others have made it back to the Semi-Finals the following Season

Rule #4 Picking a Runner Up to win it the next season is even worse Ju-Ju. At least with Rule #3 you have J.C as the exception. Only Charleston Breaks this rule. No other Runner up has made it back to the title game, not even Junction City in 2007(Lost to Jessieville in 2006).And only 1 Runner up has made it back to the Semi's...Bearden, but they've done it 3 times. The odds are your Runner Up is just as likely to miss the playoffs, as they are to win it all the next season.(Happened 1 time a piece, Previously mentioned Charleston from 2004 to 2005...and Dierks was runner up in 05, and missed the playoffs in 06.)

Anyway...Did anyone else feel like last year was Deja vu? Well before Junction City destroyed Des Arc? It was the same exact match-ups in the Semi Finals and the Finals as back in 2008.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas