• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Off season thread. Who is your 2nd favorite team in 2A and why?

Started by Dragon I, June 19, 2014, 11:05:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon I

Which team do you pull for when your team isn't involved.  I've always pulled for Rison.  I'm not sure why, because they've dealt us some heart break over the years but I do.  A few might be surprised but I also pull for Carlisle.  Ever since we went up there in 01', I've been a closet Bison fan. 

#72 Bearden Bear

Mine is JC, I always liked to watch them play. Every one knew they were going to run the ball but noboby could stop them, and now they can throw the ball. Every one in Bearden will probably freak out about this but it doesn't matter. I didn't go to school in Bearden. When my kids were able to play sports, that's when I started to pull for Bearden. My son will be a Junior this year and his class hasn't beat JC yet, so they've got at least 2 more chances to do it before they graduate.

Lions84

Coach Mac D

I have followed McCrory since a child with my dad. I also pull for anyone in 6-2a back to Barton and Harding days.

Ventman

Nice topic Dragon. I like to follow McCory as well, guess it's because I saw them play when Logan Best was there and that kid gave all he had for his team! Saw them last year too and they should have a tough team this year!

THA TRUTH

I only follow good teams so I just stick with jc and the rest of the 8

MarionBlueDevil

Earle's my favorite team. After them I kinda like Palestine-Wheatley. Went to their baseball regional there this year and the people couldn't have been nicer.

HorseFeathers

sooo truth how are those hustlin hermits gonna be this year :)

THA TRUTH

Hahahaha they will hustle for about a quarter and call it quits unless they run into a school like Marvell

MomaLion

I always pull for Brinkley unless we are playing them...gotta keep it in the County  :)

HorseFeathers

Second favorite 2A school....Hmmm...other than Hector I probably know the most random information about Junction City, cause I've been on both sides of the fights about them on here....Magazine is the only other one I've ever watched more than 1 week in a row(Watched all of their playoff games the year they won state, but Coach Jones left for Lamar)....Hmm...This is tough, Cause I like seeing all of the top teams lose, and Hector win....

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 19, 2014, 10:16:54 pm
Hahahaha they will hustle for about a quarter and call it quits unless they run into a school like Marvell

SEriously know anything about Hampton this  year since you brought up the whole 8-2A...We picked them up for a non-conference game this season, and just curious if I should expect a game like Parkers Chapel last year, or if it's a we lose this game and we might as well wrap it up and air up the round ball type of game...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

THA TRUTH

Quote from: HF on June 20, 2014, 12:42:34 am
Second favorite 2A school....Hmmm...other than Hector I probably know the most random information about Junction City, cause I've been on both sides of the fights about them on here....Magazine is the only other one I've ever watched more than 1 week in a row(Watched all of their playoff games the year they won state, but Coach Jones left for Lamar)....Hmm...This is tough, Cause I like seeing all of the top teams lose, and Hector win....

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 19, 2014, 10:16:54 pm

SEriously know anything about Hampton this  year since you brought up the whole 8-2A...We picked them up for a non-conference game this season, and just curious if I should expect a game like Parkers Chapel last year, or if it's a we lose this game and we might as well wrap it up and air up the round ball type of game...

They are still excited about ables coaching there now but they aren't as good as PC but idk what hector has back from last year except for the qb so I can't really tell ya since I lack info on hecto

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: HF on June 19, 2014, 06:25:08 pm
I predict the Hermits make the playoffs this year. Monte Thomas is the real thing. He's one of those special kids that come around ever once in a while. You heard it here first, Hermits will be in the playoffs.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on June 20, 2014, 06:56:19 pm
Quote from: HF on June 19, 2014, 06:25:08 pm
I predict the Hermits make the playoffs this year. Monte Thomas is the real thing. He's one of those special kids that come around ever once in a while. You heard it here first, Hermits will be in the playoffs.

Orrr...He'll be wearing Orange and Black next  year...

BigLion10

THA TRUTH

I know a coach at hermitage and so far he is still a hermit but that could change

heavyhittaz_7

Monta will be in hermitage for for sure next year. I think its gonna b tough for the hermits to make playoffs but its very possible. And I say that because of norphlet joining with smack over leavening eight teams so I am guessing the top four will go?? and u gotta give Jc,BA,Rision three spots Neva know what strong gonna do so the fourth spot can be a toss up....

bleudog

Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on June 21, 2014, 02:39:57 am
Monta will be in hermitage for for sure next year. I think its gonna b tough for the hermits to make playoffs but its very possible. And I say that because of norphlet joining with smack over leavening eight teams so I am guessing the top four will go?? and u gotta give Jc,BA,Rision three spots Neva know what strong gonna do so the fourth spot can be a toss up....

Right or wrong (I'd prefer a class-wide power ranking system but that's for another thread), there still should be five teams from each district advance to the playoffs.  That's more dependent on the number of districts in the class rather than the number of teams in the district.

So making the AAA playoffs is kind of like using the buddy system while swimming.  If a shark shows up, you don't have to be able to swim faster than the shark; you just have to be able to swim faster than your buddy.  ;D

And back on thread, I kind of like to see Strong do well. There were some Strong football players I got to know during summer league baseball a few years back. Good kids plus I always liked the dedication Mr. Langston and Mr. Burson show for their school.

With JC and Bearden (and more recently Rison) in the district, Strong usually drew a #3 or #4 seed.  That tended to make them a road warrior team come playoff time.  Probably one of the toughest #3 or #4 seeds in the state though. Most years they were a team that could have been a #1 in a number of other districts.  I can't think there were too many 2A teams in the state who looked forward to the Bulldog bus pulling up in their parking lot at playoff time.

amehr36

Quote from: Dragon I on June 19, 2014, 11:05:50 am
Which team do you pull for when your team isn't involved.  I've always pulled for Rison.  I'm not sure why, because they've dealt us some heart break over the years but I do.  A few might be surprised but I also pull for Carlisle.  Ever since we went up there in 01', I've been a closet Bison fan. 

I too have always been interested in how the bison do. They were pretty salty when we played them.

cuz

I got to go with Bleu. The bulldogs always play tough and put up a good showing for the 8-2a. A tough team in a tough conference.....

BrianfromCarlisle

Gotta go JC.  That thing is a machine, like it or not. They utilize their players strengths for sure.   
Go Bison!

HorseFeathers

Hartford :D...Say what you want, but it takes a lot of heart to put on the pads and uniforms and get beat like they do on most Friday nights...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas